Ambrosia Treatment Center in Singer Island, FL

2626 Lake Dr.
Singer Island FL 33404

Ambrosia Treatment Center Philosophy

Ambrosia is a leader in the addiction treatment field, with a reputation for quality care. A team of industry-leading professionals surrounds each client to ensure continuous progress. Evidence-based therapies address the physical, mental & spiritual aspects of the disease. In comfortable, palm-tree lined surroundings, clients are at ease and focused on their own healing. Both family & alumni remain supported with 24/7 help that never expires.

• Family & Alumni Support
    Continued guidance and reinforcement is critical for both the client and loved ones. E-therapy and education helps family members support recovery in a healthy way and repair the destruction addiction causes. While Family Wellness starts on your first phone call, support is always available. Since addiction is a lifelong battle, alumni support is also available 24/7 with personal advice and local resource planning. Regular events and a buddy system further offer continued accountability.

Individualized treatment plans consisting of intense counseling and education allow clients to get to the core of the issue, while also teaching coping and life skills to prevent future relapse. Any underlying or addiction-induced mental health issues are also dealt with under 24-hour supervision. The specialized programs build a healing foundation that is necessary to maintain a lifetime of recovery.

Free Recovery Helpline

24/7 Family Support

7.5K+ Clients Helped

Ryan Potter MSW, MCAP, ICADC

Director of Clinical Development

Ryan has worked in the field of addiction and mental health treatment since 2005. In that time, he held a variety of clinical positions at leading residential and outpatient treatment programs. Ryan received a Master’s degree from Florida State University. He's a Licensed Clinical Social Worker who holds the highest certification for Addiction Counseling. Ryan utilizes evidence-based practices and the latest contributions from the academic community to guide therapies and protocols for the entire company.

“Addiction is a disease. Like any other disease, it requires treatment. The proven therapies that have worked for millions of people need to be constantly evaluated and enhanced with newer treatment options like anti-craving medications and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). The combination of proven and innovative treatments and the quality of this care is what sets Ambrosia apart.”

Melissa Angelo BS, CAP, ICADC

Clinical Supervisor

Melissa has over 12 years experience in the field. She held many clinical positions throughout that time from Life Skills Counselor to Case Manager and Primary Therapist. She maintains professional addiction certifications from an international board, as well as from the Florida Certification Board. Melissa works directly with those struggling (and their families), while also mentoring clinical teammates.

“People are not addicted to alcohol or drugs, they're addicted to escaping reality. My job is to empathize in a way that also holds them accountable for change. The reality is that people do recover. I see it every day.”

ABOUT AMBROSIA TREATMENT CENTER — SINGER ISLAND, FL

Ambrosia Treatment Center operates five luxury residential treatment facilities around the U.S., three of them in Florida. The Singer Island facility is a resort-style treatment center located on the popular vacation island in South Florida’s Palm Beach region. The center offers detox, residential care, outpatient programming, and aftercare for adults struggling with addiction and dual diagnosis.

The center uses individualized programs that combine the 12-Steps with holistic programming.

Clients participate in a weekly core program of daily 12-step meetings, three small group therapy sessions, at least one marriage and family therapy session, and 10 educational lectures, plus art and music therapy on alternating weeks. Residents also have weekly sessions with both a psychiatrist and a medical doctor.

The center prides itself on its holistic programming, which includes yoga, massage, acupuncture, chiropractic sessions, a ropes course, and gym access.

Staff at this facility includes a master’s level therapist and licensed certified addiction counselors. Ambrosia Treatment Center also employs psychiatrists, nurses, certified trauma therapists, and spiritual leaders, though it’s not clear whether any of these are posted at the Singer Island location. To date, all five of the individuals polled by Rehabs.com on the level of staff support received at this center gave it a perfect five-star rating.

This is a luxury 32-bed facility with some private rooms, stunning views of the Intracoastal Waterway, and landscaped grounds. Dietary preferences can be accommodated, and residents can enjoy weekly trips to the beach.

Of the eight reviews submitted to Rehabs.com to date, seven were very positive and one was negative. The single negative reviewer, Harry, complained about not being given his phone and being told to make his own travel arrangements when he left.

The other reviewers unanimously spoke of the facility in glowing terms. The five alumni polled on the facility’s offerings in a variety of treatment metrics each gave it four or five stars for its holistic offerings and the overall quality of its individual and group counseling. “I am coming up on 3 years sober and I believe Ambrosia saved my life,” Jennifer wrote in one representative review, and Cate added: “I loved my time there, I was treated like a good person that has a disease that is treatable.” Other reviewers praised the counselors, the food, the physical facility, and the aftercare options.

At the time of this writing, this facility had a perfect five-star average rating based on 10 reviews left on Google.[1] Like most alumni polled by Rehabs.com, these reviewers tended to speak very highly of the facility, often crediting the center with saving or changing their lives. “Ambrosia Singer Island changed my life. The program and the staff helped me build a foundation to start over. I truly don't know where I would be today without them,” B.C. wrote in a representative review.

The cost of treatment varies according to the client’s needs. The facility is in-network with Aetna, AmeriHealth, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, United, and Value Options.

Updated April 2017

1. https://goo.gl/MSIvr4

Published on June 2017

My brother came to Ambrosia in 2015. This place really went above and beyond to help my whole family heal. The family sessions were amazing and really helped my parents and I to understand addiction as a disease.

I did everything they said they told me I would get my phone to use it to morning I was leave when I demanded my phone the next morning after I was told I would get it they refused to give it to me when they finally did which was six hours from my flight they told me find my own ride and leave I'm glad I paid all that money to stay there to be thrown out at the end like a dog

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention, Harry. I would like to apologize for any miscommunication in regards to your travel arrangements. I would appreciate the opportunity to learn more about your concerns and, most importantly, to make things right. Please call anytime.

I finally let me who go and admitted I had a problem. I came to ambrosia with mix emotions on my diasese and wasn't fully committed. But with the help with the staff there I went all in, I had nothing else to lose. They helped me so much words couldn't say hoe grateful I am and my family. I love life today. If u go there and willing to do what they have to offer you can have freedom again. And stop the insanity.....

I loved my time there, I was treated like a good person that has a disease that is treatable. I loved the trust I was given and the level of treatment was outstanding.

I am coming up on 3 years sober and I believe Ambrosia saved my life. They gave me the tools I needed to continue to live my life sober. They did set me up for After care but after my interview with the after care director I did not need to go. I decided to stick with AA everyday.

Exceptional Experience! 2 or 3 group meetings a day based on day of the week

Outpatient counseling and doctors appointments were my aftercare.

I attended outpatient treatment as my aftercare. Greatly enjoyed this facility.

Excellent counselors, great food, beautiful surroundings, thorough aftercare plan.

River Oaks
  • Quiet Areas for Reflection and Meditation
  • Expressive Arts Therapy
  • Professional Chef and Kitchen Staff
Sunspire Health Hyde Park
  • Individualized Treatment Plans
  • Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)