Broadway Treatment Center 2c in Huntington Beach, CA

18582 Beach Blvd. #214
Huntington Beach CA 92648

Broadway Treatment Center 2c Philosophy

At Broadway Treatment Center, We hold ourselves to the highest standards in everything we do; We dedicate ourselves to serving the best interest of each client; We maintain an objective and professional relationship with each client; We respect the privacy of all personal health information; We respect the rights and views of other behavioral health professionals; We will evaluate our performance on an ongoing basis and strive for continuous improvement in ourselves, as we illuminate the road to recovery for our clients.

• Animal Therapy
    Animal therapy (also called animal-assisted therapy and pet therapy) supports recovery and emotional wellbeing by helping people develop relationships with animals. Animal therapy can be a one-time or ongoing experience.

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
    The focus of cognitive behavioral therapy (also called CBT) is helping people to understand the thoughts and emotions that underlie their addiction with the goal of learning new, healthier and more productive ways to understand and express themselves.

Preventative Relapse Maintenance (vivitrol & Naltrexone)

Surfing, Equine & Sand Tray Therapy

An Award Winning Supervisor & Treatment Provider

ABOUT BROADWAY TREATMENT CENTER

Headquartered on a busy commercial street in the seaside city of Huntington Beach, southern California, Broadway Treatment Center offers a full spectrum of care for adults struggling with substance abuse and dual diagnosis: intervention services, medical detox, residential treatment, outpatient services at a variety of intensities, and sober-living facilities.

The facility’s website describes a relatively standard core program based primarily on group counseling. Treatment includes individual counseling and psychotherapy sessions; daily group counseling; skills building, including career training and educational assistance; and constructive recreational activities.

These standard components are supplemented by an unusual roster of holistic options, such as sand tray therapy, IV vitamin therapy, surfing, yoga, and equine therapy, as well as medical treatments, namely the recently approved Probuphine buprenorphine implant, the Naltrexone implant, and Nexalin, for anxiety, depression, and insomnia. The center also uses the Matrix Model.

The residential program provides 24-hour supervision, and clients may choose to stay on-site for 30, 60, or 90 days. An intensive outpatient program (IOP) involves programming up to five days a week, and can serve clients for anywhere between a few weeks and a few months. Tailored outpatient programming is also available.

Before and during detox, clients are evaluated by a physician. In addition, the facility’s website describes Broadway’s clinical staff as “highly qualified supervisors and counselors,” but does not specify their credentials. The single individual polled by Rehabs.com to date gave the center four out of five stars for its staff’s level of training and experience.

Broadway Treatment Center’s website shows a suburban family-style home as one of its sober-living facilities, but does not give further details about living accommodations. The single individual polled by Rehabs.com to date gave the center four stars for its accommodations, meals, exercise and leisure provisions, and cleanliness.

Rehabs.com has not yet received any reviews directly from alumni of this facility, however, secondary review sites yielded almost exclusively positive commentary: the center had 4.6 stars based on 10 reviews on Facebook (where the facility can manage its own page), 4.6 stars based on 14 reviews on Google, and 4.86 stars based on seven reviews on Yelp.[1] [2] [3] The reviewers spoke very highly of the center’s staff, particularly the fact that several of them were themselves in recovery, as well as frequently saying they achieved sobriety at Broadway after failed attempts at other facilities. “My experience at Broadway has been amazing. Having been through 11 treatment centers and countless hospitals and detoxs', this is the longest I have ever been clean and I am grateful for Broadway. This staff is exceptionally supportive, available, and willing to go above and beyond to help. They genuinely care about their clients,” Jessica wrote in a representative review on Google.

The single review submitted to Rehabs.com to date was mostly positive. The reviewer indicated that they would recommend treatment at this facility, and gave it five stars for its family participation and four stars in most of the other evaluated treatment metrics, including its treatment effectiveness, counseling options, and treatment for co-occurring disorders. They praised the “faith based options and church attendance,” but added: “Way to much freedom to the outside world, this may present a problem.”

According to the facility's listing on Psychology Today, multiple insurance plans are accepted, including Aetna, Cigna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and United. Private pay options are also available. The single individual polled by Rehabs.com to date gave the center four out of five stars for its affordability.

Updated March 2017

1. https://www.facebook.com/pg/broadwaytreatmentcenterBTC/reviews/?ref=page_internal

2. https://goo.gl/WWza75

3. https://www.yelp.com/biz/broadway-treatment-center-huntington-beach-2

Published on April 2017

WOW Broadway treatment center saved my life without a doubt !!! i dont know how i could ever repay them for all they have done for me, this place is a blessing through and through. they have taught me that i can recover and there is another way life i can live that is worth living, i have learned so much about my self and so many tools to succeed moving forward in my journey and recovery. i never thought i would be able to get clean or be someone else, however through Broadway treatment center has not just told me how to live but showed me as well. All of the staff is on top of their game 100% always there with good advice and a helping hand , they have helped me so much in my recovery its mind blowing i couldn't have asked for a better support system. my case manager Brad Miley has been very helpful guiding me through this process and being there for me. The groups are great i have learned so many tools and coping skills to stay sober and to deal with everyday problems so i can continue to be the true sober me and accomplish my goals dreams and be the best i can be. ill never forget this place and im going to keep in touch with everyone here highly recommend if your serious and want to change your life.

Strengths: Staff, RTC, flexible, handling legalities, caring, considerate, helpful, knowledgeable, sincere, versatile, Takes you to outside meetings 6 days a week, positive, structured, everyone applies the spiritual principles in all their affairs, 99% work a program and have the life experience along with book experience, very honest, straight forward, and have a genuine care and concern for everyone who walks through their doors. They could have a few more staff available for the clients to utilize when in distress. The house could use another driver and van so when the house is full everyone is not so crowed in the van on the way to groups. I fell in love with this rehab when i came here and seen that every single staff member here actually cared about me. This place is not open or running for the money, they have a genuine concern for the clients that enter their facility and want to see them succeed. Everyone will bend over backwards to help them and make sure they have everything they need to continue on to their next step and make them feel comfortable. Broadway has a wide range of avenues for people to take for their recovery. No exaggeration; this facility literally saved my life and i would recommend anyone to come here.

This place makes you feel like you belong to a loving family and everyone is always eager to address any emotional concerns that may be going on. They treat couples and being single makes it a little awkward at time during weekend activities or field trips After being at Broadway for about a month, I started to notice changes in myself. I have been to many other rehabs, but Broadway has helped me tremendously. As they continue to do. I thought I was a lost cause, a rundown drug addict, but they really made me feel at home. Broadway has helped me see the light at the end of the tunnel. There is hope! I feel as though I can be myself, and the awesome staff is always paying it forward to be there for me. Giving me resolution to my emotional, physical, and spiritual difficulties. They truly care for their clients and are always willing to lend a helping hand. I cannot put it into words, but there is something about this program that just makes sense. My first day here I was unsure, nervous, and scared but that quickly changed, I was treated with the utmost respect, kindness and professionalism, and I'll never forget the day I told myself in relief that I finally made it! I highly recommend this place if you or another family member or friend is struggling with substance abuse, give these guys a call. My appreciation goes out to Broadway Treatment Center because this place is truly one of a kind! Thank you BTC for giving me my life back!

Throughout my life I have never fit in. I've always been the girl in the background isolating. By coming to Broadway I have learned to open up about my experience, strength, and hope. The staff treats me like their own child and the clients are like long lost brothers and sisters who never judge and are always there if I need someone to talk to. I was nervous flying across the country to come to rehab but once I got here I never looked back. Coming through Broadway, I acquired friends I will have a life time who will always have my back. I had a hard time accepting and dealing with my emotions as they began to come back but there is always some one to help me every step of the way. I am beyond grateful for this facility.

Strengths include: being treated as equals, no judgement , activity , clients build relations , practice living skills , accountability , aftercarer planning Weaknesses: occasionally living situation is crowded i had the opportunity to build a strong supportive relationships while i was here and to apply a program that was fundamental to my long term sobriety .

Very family oriented environment. The staff makes you feel like you belong to something special. Lots of personal attention to personal needs. The accountability structure is a little to strict. I don't know how to put into words how much gratitude, love, and respect I have for this program. Before I came here I was in a very bad place in my life. I was addicted, homeless, lost, and broken. I called many places looking for help. Broadway was the only one who did everything possible to get me the help I needed. Just speaking with Justin on the phone brought a little ray of hope into the dark and hopeless life I was living. From the moment I stepped off the plane, I was shown nothing but love. Broadway has taught me to love myself again. I have learned how to cope with life's problems, and have been given tools to use in my everyday life. Broadway has shown me that recovery is possible. The staff, owners, and clients have shown me love that I did not even know existed. Without Broadway, I don't know where I would be today, but with Broadway's help I know I have a bright future ahead of me. Thank you for saving my life and showing me that we do heal. I will be forever grateful.

Good relapse prevention program (out of the Staying Sober book- a must read for relapse prone clients and their families), nexalin therapy, sand tray, psychodynamic therapy, trauma resolution, comprehensive personality test results based on Myers-Briggs (amazing; I found out a lot about my strengths and weaknesses), always see the people in charge and talk to them face to face, very accomodating, comfortable enviornment, incredible staff (most in recovery and they always look like theyre having fun and enjoying life- Ryan, Brad, Tania, Kim, Marty, Jodi), balanced groups, variety of different meetings, they respect couples (I was here with my boyfriend and it was really cool), you can ask for the food you like to be ordered (Shalese, the woman behind the nutrition groups, works with you), vitamin drip (tells you what vitamins youre deficient in through a blood test and supplies them to you via IV), pet friendly, comfortable detox (the detox is a house, not a center), soft blankets, hulu/netflix. Staff can get a little busy (you get at least 1 one-on-ones a week) Every single one of the staff are amazing and inspirational. A lot of them are in recovery and they make recovery look and feel fun. They offer things like nexalin therapy (rare), which reduced my depression and negative outlook on life. They also do psychodynamic therapy, which includes sand tray therapy - recreating your views of life with thousands of figures, signs and emblems over a sand tray and processing what comes up. These are things most other treatments dont have. The owners keep the house cohesive and very positive and I saw the people in charge all the time. They dont take bullshit or fighting. They take recovery very serious. They strongly recommend a 12 step program. They don't push any beliefs on you, however, as it is up to you to discover what truly works for you. For example, we went to a buddhist recovery (refuge recovery) and it was such an awesome experience. I'd never been to one. A mentor/sponsor is, for the most part, required. It was really inspiring and cool to see everyones sponsor come over and work with them. They also have a great panel that comes in on the third and fourth wednesday every month. The people who run the panel are service-oriented and I've seen them sit with clients for hours. They are some good people with a good message. They helped me find my woman sponsor and it was a great fit. While I was at this place our weekend outings consisted of things like roller skating, bowling, going to the beach (such a serene beach with a good vibe) and going to an NA convention. Theyll take your input too. This place genuinely cares about you and thats really rare. If you go here take advantage of everything they have to offer. If you want to do more work than the groups give you, they give you more material. They helped me work on my codependency (which I found out is rooted in shame). Theres a lot to do here, you just have to build your motivation and be patient with yourself! We dont get better in one day.

I started using Heroin and other drugs at the age of 15. My treatment history started at age 18. I am 37 years old today. I have been in and out of treatment for 20 years and have had time in recovery as well. My longest length of sobriety was seven years. After I relapsed, I spent three years trying to get back to recovery. I went from sober living to sober living and could not get right. My girlfriend and I were living in her car and showering in sprinklers. I felt trapped, and wanted to get away from the familiar surroundings and acquaintances which reminded me of my addiction. We made several phone calls until we found Broadway Treatment Center in Southern California. When we arrived, we were met at the airport by friendly and helpful staff members. Our journey had just begun. We were admitted to a safe and beautiful environment for me to work on myself and grow. Staff at BTC are so caring, and always had my best interest at heart, even if I did not know it at the time. BTC has built me up and given me many tools to use to stay in recovery. Even when I thought I had learned everything in my past treatment and recovery experiences, they enabled me to gain a new perspective. In ending, I need to say that my gratitude for BTC transcends my behaviors and words. Love is not a strong enough emotion to describe how I feel for the staff and the entire team which makes up BTC. With gratitude and love, I want to thank you.

I don’t know how to put into words how much gratitude, love, and respect I have for this program. Before I came here I was in a very bad place in my life. I was addicted, homeless, lost, and broken. I called many places looking for help. Broadway was the only one who did everything possible to get me the help I needed. Just speaking with Justin on the phone brought a little ray of hope into the dark and hopeless life I was living. From the moment I stepped off the plane, I was shown nothing but love. Broadway has taught me to love myself again. I have learned how to cope with life’s problems, and have been given tools to use in my everyday life. Broadway has shown me that recovery is possible. The staff, owners, and clients have shown me love that I did not even know existed. Without Broadway, I don’t know where I would be today, but with Broadway’s help I know I have a bright future ahead of me. Thank you for saving my life and showing me that we do heal. I will be forever grateful.

Faith based options and church attendance. Way to much freedom to the outside world, this may present a problem. I believe that family centered treatment is valuable - they employ many family members and nepotism seemed to cross the line in some decisions.

My staff is made up of a lot of family members and when people come to our facility for treatment they are welcomed and treated just like our family.

Aspire Recovery
  • EMDR therapy weekly
  • Walk to the beach
  • Waterfront location
Solution Based Treatment & Detox
  • Effective and safe detox program
  • Inpatient Treatment