CATAR Clinic - North Little Rock in North Little Rock, AR

4260 Stockton Drive
North Little Rock AR 72117

CATAR Clinic - North Little Rock Philosophy

Our mission is to provide quality treatment services for opiate dependent persons. The Primary purpose is to assist patients in attaining the highest level of functioning in physical, emotional, vocational and social structures. It is our vision is to provide treatment services in a private setting that respects the dignity of those we serve. Our treatment philosophy is based on the understanding that opiate dependence is a primary disorder that can be treated successfully with medication, counseling and supportive services. Through counseling, we advocate and promote behavior modification and teach responsible decision-making to improve the quality of lives of those people we serve and, to empower them to resume productive lifestyles.

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
    The focus of cognitive behavioral therapy (also called CBT) is helping people to understand the thoughts and emotions that underlie their addiction with the goal of learning new, healthier and more productive ways to understand and express themselves.

• Individual Therapy
    This term describes one-on-one therapy, in which a patient and trained counselor, social worker, psychologist or psychiatrist meets privately with a patient to discuss challenges related to lifestyle, work, family and romantic relationships that may have contributed to the development of an addiction.

Medicated Assisted Treatment

One on One Counseling

Discharge Planning

ABOUT CATAR CLINIC — NORTH LITTLE ROCK

Founded in 1994, CATAR Clinic specializes in treating individuals struggling with opiate dependency and co-occurring mental health disorders. The facility is located in North Little Rock, Ark., and offers outpatient treatment, including ambulatory detox. Drug screening services are also available.

CATAR Clinic’s primary offering is a methadone-assisted program for opioid addiction. Participants may also attend on-site 12-step meetings and group therapy sessions, which include a men’s group, a women’s group, and sessions that focus on relapse prevention, daily living, and coping skills. The center also provides individual counseling and assistance with discharge planning.

Each staff member has a caseload of 40 clients. The center employs two physicians, a registered nurse, and licensed, certified addiction counselors.

Of the 10 alumni reviews submitted to Rehabs.com to date, six were positive and four were negative. The positive reviewers repeatedly praised the staff, describing them as understanding and qualified. “The staff are very caring and it definitely helped me to become a better person and I was able to get off of all drugs (except cigarettes),” Jack wrote in a representative review. Alumni were also impressed with the facility itself, which they found to be modern and clean. “I have been to and visited MANY Medicated assisted treatment programs over the years, but WOW - This one has a new facility that looks awesome,” J.S. wrote in a representative review.

Multiple alumni who submitted negative reviews to Rehabs.com expressed frustration with the center’s cash-only billing policy. “Catar is more concerned with how much money they make, nothing more. They take cash only, not insurance, checks, or even debit cards,” one anonymous reviewer wrote. In response to this complaint, the facility wrote: “We have tried this in the past to accept credit cards, and have seen patients charge themselves into debt, so this is still something we would not be in support of having available.”

Others had varying problems with staff members, including a nurse who T.J. described as “very abrasive, judgmental, hipicritical, and most not understanding of newly recovery and the challenges we face.” An anonymous alum felt that the counselors lacked adequate experience. “The counselors were barely out of college, the individual and group sessions were short and infrequent, and you were rushed out as quickly as possible,” they wrote.

The single loved polled by Rehabs.com to date gave negative feedback, citing a lack of organization and sub-par care. “I am sorry but this place never fulfilled anything they promised. My daughter was changed around to three different counselors, many times she was dosed without meeting the criteria that is called for in their own paper work. No treatment plan was ever enacted,” J.W. wrote.

Treatment costs $20 per day, $336 per month, and $1,008 for 90 days. All payments must be made in cash, and the center does not accept insurance.

Published on July 2017

The nurse is very abrasive, judgmental, hipicritical, and most not understanding of newly recovery and the challenges we face. I asked the Dr about my dose after she told me not to of course every since then she has been in retaliation mode towards me. SHE TAKES every opportunity to be rude to me that she has. She loves to turn me away and not allow me to get dosed. I walk in on my first Saturday and stand behind another patient while the nurse explain to her why she cannot be seen. Meanwhile I'm standi mg behind her and not once did she say hey sign in before 7:31. So of course when ideas able to access the sign in computer it was now 7:31 And she told me with this huge from and smile from ear to ear that I can't dose today amd ibdont get one for Sunday as of to say hahaha. She then fails to tell me on can go get cash 15$ and be back before 7:45 And I could be dosed. I was told this by another patient after the fact. I had my Debit car not credit card so no excuse of my charging myself into debt as was the clinics response to only accepting cash there are thing s called debit cards folks. I hope she feels good now about herself knowing that she is making it even harder on me to be clean and sober. She is not in the to right field and she seems to be burned out. If it is frustrating you to work with addicts then please quit and let someone who actually cares come in and help! It's unbelievable to see her act this childish and it's been noticed by others not to mention the day she was bad mouthing me with th e door cracked open amd everyone including myself heard her talking about me asking to talk to tue doctor about my dose. I was told then by a long time patient that she is going to be after and at me from now on so be ready. He said she has treated others this way in the past. Hopefully she feels adequate and important enough now so that she can stop being so rude and with holding information that could help me out all because she is in retaliation mode towards me. Hopefully she will take a vacation so she can help addicts instead of acting so unbelievable rude and retaliation toward me a person trying to save my life amd get off drugs! I don't feel comfortable or trust her with my best interests anymore. However she is the only employee whom acts this way that I've noticed so far. She really makes me want to not come back. I mean it was 7:31, she saw me standi mg there for at least 2 minutes waiting to sign in while she should have discussed with the other patient aside from the sign in window which blocked me then she didn't bother to tell me I could go get 15$ and come get dosed. She made it very obvious as to her retaliation methods toward me. I'd like to forward my concerns to someone who could take a look at this before she does it to someone else and they give up!! She is very wrong for this position. Sad sad sad!! TJ

If you truly want help this is the place. Been at four clinics and by far this one is the best. It is not easy it takes a Willingness from you to achieve your goal. Mine was a d still is to remain clean which I have for nine years at this clinic. Everyone is different I have a rare disease Plus's addiction. Keep that in MInd.

I am sorry but this place never fulfilled anything they promised. My daughter was changed around to three different counselors, many times she was dosed without meeting the criteria that is called for in their own paper work. No treatment plan was ever enacted. She begged them for help, spoke to the owner and everything. ...They are a FOR PROFIT BUSINESS and to make matters worse. I took my daughter to clinic one day and was confused on the parking, an extremely RUDE and aggressive woman says " you cannot park here" I said my daughter is a patient, she said well you need to move. I went in to complain and it was THE OWNER. People go there for help and care. I also think the Federal government who regulates them should check into their practices. We have all our documentation of all the missed counseling sessions, the changing counselors etc. We were put through hell up there. I wouldn't send one of my cats to this place. Disorganized cattle call money machine is what this place is.

I have tried this clinic and the other one in town ( at UAMS). I have been to both. This place helped me. The other place treated me like cattle. I was a number not a person. They do not offer any financial assistance, however, I am definitely grateful for the time my counselor spends with me. The staff are very caring and it definitely helped me to become a better person and I was able to get off of all drugs (except cigarettes). If I could get my brother to try this clinic I am sure he would feel the same way.

I've had a problem with pain pills for over 10 years. I've been to multiple treatment places, inpatient and outpatient... methadone has been the only thing that has kept me from using. The staff is understanding and work with you to get your groups in. Yes, they only accept cash as payment but it's a lot cheaper than what I've been using on the streets. Go here if you are serious about treatment and wanting to get be able to work towards getting your life back together.

I came here to be a better father for my kids. They have worked with me, and my wife. I love the new building it is VERY nice - Of course there are not many new buildings for rehab facilities, but from the ones I have been to this is very clean. I am able to see my counselor every week, and sometimes more if I need to as well as going the groups. I wish more people came to the groups, but I can only go to the early morning groups, so I don't know about the groups later in the day. The staff have always seemed to go out of their way to help me want to come in, and thru that I have strived to be a better person and kick my old habits. Its a great place to help change your lifestyle as they say, and I believe I have, although a few bad habits still show up, and I hope to be clean by the end of this month. We'll see where this time around takes me. Thank you staff you are very special to me and my wife.

30 minute individual meetings with your counselor telling you to see your regular physician about it. Catar is more concerned with how much money they make, nothing more. They take cash only, not insurance, checks, or even debit cards....

To address your concerns: 30 minutes is the minimum, but an hour (60 minutes/ 1 hour) is suggested. We are not a primary care facility, and as such colds, flu, other illnesses or questions must be handled through your primary care physician. In addition we do not force a patient to disclose this information to their physician, however if taking prescription medication we encourage and in some cases we may require a consult to "approve" medication of any controlled nature, or it would be considered illicit. We have tried this in the past to accept credit cards, and have seen patients charge themselves into debt, so this is still something we would not be in support of having available. As for billing, this has been addressed in other comments, but if we were to take insurance the cost would increase for all, and many of our patients do not carry insurance, and in most cases it is not covered. In the new healthcare regulations many of our patients with catastrophic coverage would not even meet their deductible, and do not find the effort worth the attempt, however we have had those who file coverage and have their claims reimbursed. This will will offer assistance with, but can not accept responsibility for, or accept a claim in lieu of a payment. Patients have had success submitting our end of year invoices as a medical expense with their taxes, and received 100% of their treatment expense as a credit, but as tax laws change this can not be a guarantee, or something we could assist with, other than providing a payment history.

The staff at CATAR put their hearts into their work. The clinical supervisors are licensed and oversee the staff of certified counselors. The facility has CARF accreditation which is a gold standard of approval. Getting clean isnt easy but they have the resources to make it happen in a safe, comofortable environment.

Thank you for your kind words. Medicated assisted treatment was once looked upon as a last resort option, but the science has gained much ground in the last few years. While medication is a key component, we do strive to provide people who have a strong desire to work with any population, and are proud of the job our staff does. Our statistics prove this is not only an above average counseling facility, but the outcomes show that the recidivism rate is much lower than both the state and national averages for both inpatient and outpatient facilities of both medication assisted and non medication treatment. I would be interested to know where rehabs.com gets their statistics. Thanks again for your review, and be sure to contribute to our survey found at catarclinic.com

I have been to and visited MANY Medicated assisted treatment programs over the years, but WOW - This one has a new facility that looks awesome. I have had 3 different counselors, 1 with a Master Level degree, one counselor a few months out of college, but I'm not sure about the new one I have now - but he really seems to empathise well with where I have been. They also have 4 doctors I can see as needed. My daugher left here a after a couple of years, and now has a husband a child and a stable life. I hope to complete my treatment by the end of the year.

Thank you for your review. Please note: We do not serve meals.

I couldn't afford an in-patient, so I went to an out-patient facility. The counselors were barely out of college, the individual and group sessions were short and infrequent, and you were rushed out as quickly as possible. If there was someplace that I could afford here, I would be extremely happy. It's the only one that I could afford. In Arkansas, there is no protection or help for people with drug addiction who choose to go into treatment. The clinic I went to did not take insurance, checks, or even credit or debit cards. It cost me $77 a week to go, later going up to $80 to help them pay for the remodeling of the facility I believe. This $80 a week was cash only; they took nothing but cash. It got to the point that I couldn't afford over $320 a month, cash only.

Inpatient facilities usually cost thousands per month. We provide 4 hours of Counseling per week (required for new patients). We do have a range of ages to our counselors, and try to match them up as caseloads permit. While some may be just under 30 years of age, we have also had Mast level Counselors and still maintain a PhD on Staff. We have 2 staff over 50 (one is over 60) and have has one as old as 74. Age does not denote capabilities, but we do understand how people prefer to better identify with their counselors and as stated attempt to do this from the start. People do maintain the right to request a new counselor, but in fairness there has to be some substance (documentable reason) for changing counselors. As stated in a previous reply, we have relocated from our facility in Little Rock to a new Facility in North Little Rock. The average cost for this type of treatment in 1993 was $84 per week, and we are far behind the average in relation to cost. However with Insurance costs and other staffing salary increases, yes our rates may change from time to time. One year we had a reduction in our lab fees, and were able to reduce some costs. This should be expected from any facility. Also there is support for patients in Arkansas. I believe you can start here and find additional resources. If you are unable to do so, we can provide additional options if you contact us anonymously. http://humanservices.arkansas.gov/dbhs Also we would welcome any reviews on our website: http://catarclinic.com

Would not recommend this facility to a friend or family member

We would like to see more details. We are sorry you are unhappy. We have recently relocated to the North Little Rock area to a brand new facility built in 2014. We outgrew our previous location, and yes it was a very tight space. We have tripled our facility size from 2000 sq feet to 6000 sq feet. We would love to see your comments on our site at: catarclinic.com

Oxford Treatment Center