707 Sheridan Avenue
Cody WY 82414

Cedar Mountain Center Philosophy

Cedar Mountain Center inspires hope in recovery through professional care by providing compassionate recovery services for addictions and mental illness and restoring people's faith on the journey to wellness.

• Individualized Treatment
    Some facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.

24/7 nursing staff for optimum medical care.

Holistic approach to mind-body-spirit recovery and wellness.

Housed within West Park Hospital for optimal emergency care.

Fred A. Snelson, M.Ed., LPC, LAT, MAC

Director

Has worked over 20 years at Cedar Mountain Center as an addiction therapist and mental health counselor. Attended Ozark Christian College and University of Missouri.

Scott Pollard, M.D.

Psychiatrist & Medical Director

Board certified General Adult Psychiatrist, and certified by the American Society of Addiction Medicine. Attended University of Texas Medical Branch. Dr. Pollard has 30 years of experience in adult psychiatry.

Rehabs.com Editorial Review

ABOUT CEDAR MOUNTAIN CENTER

Located just 52 miles east of Yellowstone National Park, Cedar Mountain Center (CMC) provides residential treatment to adults and seniors struggling with substance abuse. A division of West Park Hospital in Cody, Wyo., the 16-bed residential facility runs specialized treatment services to address co-occurring mental health disorders, educational programming for loved ones, as well as on-site medically monitored detox.

Treatment at Cedar Mountain Center takes a holistic approach - clients engage in programming that addresses the mind, body, and spirit. Through its “Planetree” philosophy, the center aims to build upon each client’s strengths.

All clients undergo an intake assessment, the results of which form the basis of treatment and goal planning. Treatment length varies from client to client, but most can expect to remain on-site for 30 to 40 days. In this time, they’ll receive individual and group therapy, attend 12-step meetings, and take part in educational programs and recreational activities.

For those seeking less intensive treatment, CMC offers intensive outpatient (IOP) treatment and a partial hospitalization program (PHP). To promote ongoing sobriety, the center affords successful program graduates weekly aftercare sessions.

The center’s program for families, intended to “begin their healing process,” is a structured, three-day program for any family member who has been impacted by their loved one’s substance abuse. Some sessions are designated for clients and family members; others are for loved ones only.

At full capacity, CMC offers a staff-to-client ratio of 1:3. Led by a medical director, the staff includes master’s level counselors, registered nurses, licensed and certified addiction counselors, and case managers.

CMC’s 16-bed campus is situated in the picturesque Absaroka Mountains, providing a serene, nature-filled environment for recovery. The center’s webpage depicts a simple, modern residence.

Clients have access to 24/7 nursing care and an on-site fitness facility, and weather permitting, weekly field trips to nearby scenic attractions also take place. Cigarettes and other tobacco products are not permitted.

As of this writing, Rehabs.com has received seven overwhelmingly positive reviews from facility alumni. On average, former clients shared ratings of 4.86 out of five stars for treatment effectiveness, and 4.71 for its accommodations. One client, named Freedom, wrote that the center saved her life. “I was horribly addicted for over a decade and the knowledgeable staff were able to teach me a new way of life,” she wrote.

J.H. described the facility as “awesome,” and V.F. reported what they considered to be the center’s many strengths: “Staff is knowledgeable and respectful. Setting was great. Good curriculum. food was good. I'm still clean over 17 years later!” Others found relief in a considerate and sensitive staff. “I wasn't shamed for the things I'd done when using or told I was going to be punished for my thoughts feelings or the urge to use,” R.E.B. wrote.

In their survey responses, where they had access to additional survey questions, two alumni indicated that they would recommend the facility to others. They also provided five-star ratings in several other categories, such as the overall quality of individual and group counseling and the staff’s level of training.

The residential program fee is $913.25 a day. Those who opt for PHP pay $739.30 per day, and boarded intensive outpatient care costs $565.40 a day. Per the facility’s webpage, the cost of treatment includes lodging, food, and counseling; any medical or psychological evaluations incur an additional fee.

Cedar Mountain Center accepts private insurance, Medicare, and Wyoming state assistance. Financial assistance is not available for inpatient services, but state residents who meet income criteria may be eligible for state-funded beds.

Updated April 2017

Great caring, sincere staff. The outings into the community were beneficial with the transition back home. I am sure it is hit or miss regarding bonding and learning through the other patients life stories and insight...but the group that was there while I was were an amazing blessing. Of course all walks of life, yet so similar. Great experience. Still sober 2 years later.

The program at Cedar Mountain Center literally saved my life! I was horribly addicted for over a decade and the knowledgeable staff were able to teach me a new way of life. They also ensured that I had appropriate follow-up care for both my mental and physical health. I owe my new-found joy to these wonderful people, many of whom are also in recovery or have other experience in the field of addictions. If you or a loved one is suffering from the disease of addiction, I highly recommend Cedar Mountain Center. It will change your life!

CMC is awesome!

it was a very positive experience.. when you have a former user helping and teaching you to be clean and sober it helps another addict understand that they too can have the life they want clean and sober. I wasn't shamed for the things I'd done when using or told I was going to be punished for my thoughts feelings or the urge to use. I was in drug court in the town I live in and they made treated me like I was a criminal and told me I was lying to them all the time. my boy friend is currently in drug court in the same town where I did it. they have made a no. contact order between us making us criminals if we are together. we have been together over a year. and they expect us to just stop being together. I feel that drug court programs are for hardened criminals in prisons and with feloney crimes involving drugs. Cmc was a blessing for me. I'd recommend that place to anyone seeking help with overcoming addiction .

Thanks for everything 225 days sober and counting :) I left a different treatment center and went to CMC it rocks

This facility was great and I'm excited to see the new facility built this year! I would recommend this facility to anyone and the food is AWESOME!

Rocky Mountain Treatment Center