Cochran Recovery Services, Inc. in Hastings, MN

1294 East 18th St E #1
Hastings MN 55033

Cochran Recovery Services, Inc. Philosophy

Cochran Recovery Services serves to deliver cost-effective, comprehensive behavioral health services in a secure, stable and growth-oriented employment environment, dedicated to ensure individuals recognize their assets and responsibilities. Our mission is to treat chemical dependency by operating a detoxification center, Trauma Informed Care, inpatient MI/CD dual diagnosis treatment, outpatient treatment and Group Residential Housing.

• Intensive Out Patient (IOP)
    Patients who undergo intensive outpatient treatment continue to live at home and sometimes go to school or work while participating in a highly structured treatment protocol that is focused on ending substance abuse. Programs vary in terms of how much treatment patients receive, how often and for how long. Some facilities design individualized intensive outpatient treatment programs.

• Medical Detoxification
    Drugs and alcohol have widespread effects throughout your body, including but not limited to the addiction and/or physical/psychological dependence that develops with substance abuse over time. Many organ systems are affected by addiction and will react to withdrawal. The term “medical detoxification” means that there is a trained and licensed medical professional onsite to monitor your vital signs and protect your physical and emotional health as your body goes through withdrawal.

Medication Management

Family Support Program

12 Step-based Program

ABOUT COCHRAN RECOVERY SERVICES

Located in the riverside town of Hastings, Minn., Cochran Recovery Services (CRS) offers a comprehensive suite of programs for individuals seeking recovery from substance abuse and co-occurring disorders. Originally established in 1974 as a detox center, the nonprofit organization now provides residential treatment, wellness programming, trauma-informed therapy, and sober living support. Many of the clients served have recently been released from prison or are unemployed.

Upon admission, clients undergo a comprehensive psychiatric assessment. From there, enrollees receive an individualized treatment plan that addresses mental health needs, medication, and family involvement. There is no standard program length; duration of treatment is based upon each client’s unique needs. One client did report staying longer than 90 days.

While detox services are available to individuals ages 12 and up, participants must be at least 18 years of age in order to enroll in the residential recovery program. CRS also maintains transitional housing facilities for adult men, many of whom are homeless.

CRS strives to provide care that is holistic in nature and addresses mental, physical, and emotional health. The center utilizes 12-step methodology and provides group therapy and individual counseling for all participants. Trauma informed care (TIC), a newly introduced treatment modality, is being incorporated into individualized treatment plans for adults. A robust wellness program offered there includes fitness activities, on-site yoga classes, and nutritional counseling.

CRS employs a multidisciplinary staff of therapists, licensed addiction counselors, social workers, a registered nurse, and a yoga instructor with a master of social work.

CRS is situated within a large German-style house surrounded by woods. Transportation is available for clients on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Laundry and vending machines are on-site, and guests are allowed during Sunday visiting hours.

Eight alumni polled by Rehabs.com to date gave CRS mixed reviews. Four alumni rated the facility only one and two out of five stars in categories such as treatment effectiveness and meals and nutrition, and criticized the facility for poor treatment from staff, faulty accommodations, and bad food and nutrition. Alum Bri wrote: “I learned NOTHING nobody gives care about you, the food stinks its dirty and over crowded and TONS of down time.” A fifth alum, while not providing any ratings, complained about the facility’s unclear costs.

Three other alumni, however, rated ARC more positively, with four- and five-star ratings in staff’s level of experience and training, holistic treatment options, and treatment effectiveness. Alum GMW credited the program as flexible. Alum Karen described it as a “life changing process” and reported feeling like the counselors really cared about her. Another alum noted that the counselors and staff were strengths of the program, but disliked the extended periods of time spent inside. “There is not enough outside time,” they wrote. “The program is a good place if you want to be sober.”

Four reviewers on Google rated ARC an average 2.8 out of five stars to date, with two one-star reviews, one four-star, and one five-star review.[1] Positive reviews described ARC as “very helpful” and “spiritual,” but a negative one wrote: “Place should be condemned.”

There is currently no information provided on the facility's website or otherwise regarding its costs. Citehealth and Healthgrove report that state insurance is accepted. One Rehabs.com survey respondent reported receiving financial support through Minnesota’s Rule 25 and The Consolidated Chemical Dependency Treatment Fund.

Updated February 2017

1. https://goo.gl/vDhKyD

Published on February 2017

I am a recovering alcoholic with a year clean tomarrow( no thanks to this place). During my drinking I was in the detox facility three times, and I have never seen such an uncaring, nasty place. I received NO medical attention, except when they took my vials which were 120 bpm heart rate for 99 percent of my stays...Detoxifying as a chronic alcoholic can be deadly, but no one cared. I was also told by a nurse that I brought this on myself. Please, even if your loved one needs detox DON'T send them to hastings. I will be filling a complaint. I feel so bad for the people suffering in there. This place should be shut down!

This place is SUCH a joke I learned NOTHING nobody gives care about you, the food stinks its dirty and over crowded and TONS of down time. If you get on the directors bad side it'll be horrible for you. She kicked me out on the street I'm a young blonde female far away from home no money or phone and was told I had to get off property or she would call the cops I had never been talked to or in any trouble in any way until that day I needed to talk and calm down no staff was available and as I was swearing and pacing back and forth I was told I was getting discharged for inappropriate behavior please don't send anyone you care about here jail is a better option

I would not be here to write this review if it were not for the staff at Cochran House. The program is rigid but not as rigid as many other programs. If you are truly seeking to escape the madness of addiction, you can do it here.

This place is so full of it they don't tell you nothing about your funding and they always try to get you in grh just for the money l was not told about my discharge day which I had to call my insurance company to find out my graduation but on Wednesday my so called counselor had a supposedly a one on one and then had the nerve to say how many times have we met, l though that was the icing on the cake l honestly seen him one time and I think he did that because it was time for my graduation they were up to trying to get a extend my stay there behind my back again because they never told me my discharge date l say to anyone who wants treatment don't go there please please please don't go there...

This place is garbage. I left the program early. The food their is trash to. They don't supply a decent breakfast. The councilors were decent but the rest of the staff is just terrible. Their was a hole in the roof causing leaks whenever it rained. I saw their Dr their they didn't put my bill threw my insurance so now I have a $4500 bill. They had a faulty fire alarm while I was there and it would randomly go off. I'm pretty sure if a health inspector or any state official went threw their it would be shut down. I highly highly recommend never going to that place.

The building's heat does not turn off in the winter. It will be 80 degrees year round. There is mold in the building ... The counselors are very good at their jobs and do care about the individuals. However the business model is strictly about money. You will "successfully complete treatment" when your financing runs out, be that 7 days or six months, regardless of how long you truly need to be treated.

counslers, and staff were strengths of the facility, but the locked doors and there is not enough outside time. the program is a good place to be if you want to be sober.

They really cared about me. I have been drinking for 40 yrs and have ptsd this has been a life changing process for me. Good program.

A Forever Recovery