Community Assessment & Treatment Services in Cleveland, OH

8411 Broadway Avenue
Cleveland OH 44105

Community Assessment & Treatment Services Philosophy

CATS is a substance abuse rehabilitation center offering men and women, comprehensive, residential and outpatient recovery services. CATS manages numerous programs targeted to a variety of specific populations. We offer multiple levels of care ranging from outpatient to residential services. At present CATS has two sites with the capacity to serve 153 men and women in various residential programs. CATS also serves up to 90 individuals a day in our Outpatient Programs.

• Outpatient
    Outpatient treatment describes all addiction treatment that is not residential. Patients live at home while undergoing rehab.

Individual Counseling

Lou LaMarca, MSSA, LISW

Clinical Director

Rehabs.com Editorial Review

ABOUT COMMUNITY ASSESSMENT AND TREATMENT SERVICES

Founded in 1990, Community Assessment and Treatment Services provides substance abuse treatment for men and women through their residential and outpatient programs. They have a mission to help underserved populations, including those who have been incarcerated.

Treatment focuses on cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), social learning, and motivational interviewing. Clients have the option of enrolling in a gender specific program. Outpatient therapy involves individual and group counseling, assessments, and case management. They also do drug testing.

The center’s Changing Faces program offers day treatment for incarcerated women close to being released.

According to the facility’s website, CATS employs 100 people and staffs a clinical director who is a licensed social worker and a psychiatrist.

The residential treatment centers for men and women are housed in basic buildings. A new building for outpatient procedures opened, although it’s unclear when it opened.

Alumni reviews are very positive. One alumni wrote: “the point they were trying to convey came across. The counselors re former addicts and related to myself a lot. good place!!!” Another responded: “I loved cats... I highly recommend this place.. The best rehab I have attended.”

CATS Facebook page –– which it can manage –– has received an average of 4.6 out of five stars based on 27 reviews to date. Stephanie wrote: “AMAZING PLACE! Definitely saved my life. I was in there twice throughout my addiction and was welcomed each time with open arms. Amazing counselors, awesome program. One year clean.”[1]

A third-party review found on CiteHealth yielded another positive result: “I am familiar with Community Assessment Treatment and Southeast Womens Center, and both locations offer top of the line recovery and support services. If you or a loved one wants help and hope, contact both of these excellent centers. You deserve the very best!”[2]

Loved ones were satisfied with staff experience, family participation, affordability, and cleanliness. One family member was impressed by their recovery rate and wrote “Councilors seem educated although I have only been allowed there once.”

Reviewer C.M.B wrote: “I would like to see more exercise and leisure activities offered for the clients. Also, would like to be MORE involved in counseling one on one. They offer a group counseling session once a week but I would like to see individual counseling with family.”

According to the facility’s website, self-pay and Medicaid are accepted. The facility’s website notes that some programs are provided through contracts and grants. The eight alumni polled by Rehabs.com gave affordability a three out of a possible five stars.

Updated December 2016

1. https://www.facebook.com/Community-Assessment-Treatment-Services-Inc-344601678963758/reviews/

2. http://citehealth.com/rehab-centers/ohio/cities/cleveland/community-assessment-treatment-services-based-at-7835-harvard-avenue

Published on December 2016

This place is a joke...The staff is a joke and they dont know whats going on in there.

On my first and only visit I was treated poorly. The woman behind the desk acted as if she had better things to do. When I told her it was my first visit and I wasn't sure what to do. She said fill out the form over there. Then when I said I had a drop off for my son, she yelled at me and said didn't they explain anything to you. We don't take drop offs except for people who are out of town. I said well I am from out of town. Then she said well I'll get to it in a minute and thru the stuff on the floor. Then we went into the room were we waited for 20mins before any of our family came out. And had our 2 hours of AA meeting. People talking to each other being very disrespectful. The guy running it warned them. But never followed thru will anything. Continued throughout. Then another guy came in to babysit us after that. I high five my son and get told there will be no touching. After 1 visit that was enough for me. These people are supposed to be role models? Not at all what I thought I was going to see. Big disappointment Big!

I was at CATS for my mandated 77 days. The counselors were all very attentive to any worries or questions I had. The R.A.'s for the most part were very fair, as in, treating everyone equally. The food was great!! I really can't say anything bad. I've just been released within the last month, but so far I'm doing good. I also attend their out-patient program, which isn't facilitated as well as the in-patient groups were, but I still have no complaints.

I'm sorry but CATS program falls very short of addressing the Economic and Social and Psychological problems that are associated with and are the cause of the obsession and the compulsion to use mind/mood altering substances. From what I learned CATS' program/guidelines are governed by the Department of the State Prison System and or the Department of Correction. Not all alcoholics and or drug addicts are dangerous criminals. However it seems like the Judicial System is limited to the help they can offer people with problems of addiction so they put all us alcoholics and drug addicts in the same category, in the same program, in the same rooms. I know when I was at CATS I needed a course in communicating with people, negotiating with people, apologizing to people, being able to see things in an objective way, being empathetic, etc. The reason I had to sit through this is because there was one or more other people sitting in that room who needed to hear this stuff. Alcoholism and drug addiction is a very complex problem. The most popular way of addressing this complex problem is by attending 12-Step meetings. I guess the reason for this is because when something is so complex only God can understand it and fix it. One doesn't have to wonder why there's such an increasing problem with alcoholism and drug addiction. When something is broken you come up with a way of fixing it and you fix it. Or you come up with a way to make everyone believe that there's nothing wrong with the way you're trying to fix it and you just need more time and more money to fix it. This is like that AA cliche "doing the same things over and over expecting different results".

Free but very negative.

Fulfilled court order. Predujist. Program always above capacity talk down to you.

The food was good. However, there was lack of. Addiction knowledge.

An overall great facility.

Strengths were the square meals and controlled environment. Weakness was that they do not keep you long enough like Channey Allen does. it takes longer amount of time for women to recover.

77% recovery rate is outstanding. I just started this journey with my son so I don't know yet. Councilors seem educated although I have only been allowed there once. I look for passion in them but that is to be determined.

experienced counselors but seems like a jail at times. the people appear to care but I have only visited it a few times, the journey is just starting

The staff there are addicts and can relate very well with clients. they need to offer more snacks. I loved cats... I highly recommend this place.. The best rehab I have attended

the counselors and the classes were great. could use a new building. the point they were trying to convey came across. The counselors re former addicts and related to myself a lot. good place!!!

What a joke. I sat thrut group which is mandatory before visitation. I will do everything in my power to turn in all of the rays. And see this run like stellar mars and many other legit rehabs. Sorry there is not spell check here.

Really glad I went here.

I would like to see more exercise and leisure activities offered for the clients. Also, would like to be more involved in counseling one on one. They offer a group counseling session once a week but I would like to see individual counseling with family.

Arrow Passage Recovery
  • Dual-Diagnosis Treatment
  • Bio-Sound Bed
  • Body, Mind & Spirit Healing
Waddington Rehab Center
  • 12 step based for both AA and NA
  • Gym/ Exercising room is provided
  • Barbecue grill in our facilities side yard