Doolittle & Harrington Healthcare, LLC in Overland Park, KS

(5 of 5)
10560 Barkley Suite 340
Overland Park KS 66212

Doolittle & Harrington Healthcare, LLC Philosophy

Doolittle & Harrington Healthcare Substance Abuse Treatment assumes an evidence-based, clinical approach for effective, compassionate addiction treatment. With a foundation in cognitive behavioral therapy, Doolittle & Harrington seeks to engage clients by addressing problematic thought patterns, beliefs, and coping skills, and confronting these deeply entrenched perspectives in order to foster recovery. Licensed addiction specialists work with each client to create an individualized treatment plan that focuses on issues such as trauma and co-occurring psychiatric and substance abuse issues, providing each participant with the highest level of personalized care.

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
    The focus of cognitive behavioral therapy (also called CBT) is helping people to understand the thoughts and emotions that underlie their addiction with the goal of learning new, healthier and more productive ways to understand and express themselves.

• Individualized Treatment
    Some facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.

Standard Outpatient

Individual Treatment Sessions

Intensive Outpatient

Rick Doolittle, LAC, CRADC, ICADC

Executive Director

What I've really learned about recovery is that none of us can do it alone. Most of us are uneducated about the disease of addiction and need assistance in unraveling the mystery. I cannot guarantee sobriety for anyone, but what I can guarantee you is that you will have every opportunity to learn and live a better life than you ever dreamed possible! I would be privileged to assist you in your journey of recovery....because none of us can do it alone.

Jennifer T. Harrington, BAS, LAC

Program Director

Today, I am extremely grateful that I have the privilege of giving back to others what others gave to me. I cannot promise you sobriety as you must do the work. But if you are open and willing to change, I will be with you every step of the way during your journey!

ABOUT DOOLITTLE & HARRINGTON HEALTHCARE SUBSTANCE ABUSE TREATMENT

Located in in Overland Park, Kan., Doolittle & Harrington Healthcare provides evidence-based outpatient treatment services for adults and adolescents struggling with substance abuse issues. Detox services are not available.

Seeing addiction as a treatable disease, the facility employs evidence-based practices, such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to treat substance abuse. This helps clients to change problematic thinking patterns and establish healthy and effective coping skills. Treatment consists primarily of counseling in both individual and group settings.

Adults have the option to enroll in an intensive outpatient program (IOP) that meets for three hours three time per week, a less intensive standard outpatient group, or individual sessions. Adolescents may benefit from either specialized outpatient groups or individual counseling sessions, and family sessions, including couples counseling, are available at an additional cost.

Doolittle & Harrington is led by two licensed addiction counselors, both of whom are in recovery themselves. The one alum surveyed by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing spoke highly of the facility’s treatment team, writing: “All of the counselors even the ones that were not mine made me feel like they genuinely cared about my well being.”

E.J., the one former client polled by Rehabs.com to date, gave Doolittle & Harrington a highly positive review, awarding the facility five stars for its treatment effectiveness and writing: “I want others to know that this is a place worth going. It is clean, caring and they try extra hard to get you what you need to understand how to stop using and stay that way. I highly recommend.”

On its Facebook page, which the facility can edit, Doolittle & Harrington received an average rating of 4.8 out of five stars based on four reviews to date.[1] “Nice establishment, very nice and caring people,” wrote Joe in a representative review.

All treatment costs are listed on the facility’s website, including intake/admissions ($75), standard adult outpatient groups ($30 for one and a half hours), standard adolescent outpatient groups ($35 for one and a half hours), IOP ($60 per session, three times weekly), adult and individual counseling (both $50 an hour), and family therapy ($75 an hour).

Updated April 2017

1. https://www.facebook.com/pg/dhhealthcare/reviews/

Published on June 2017

I had lost all hope before I started going to treatment. All of the counselors even the ones that were not mine made me feel like they genuinely cared about my well being. I am still working very hard with my counselor and group but for the first time in my life I am hanging in there and not using. I am only writing this because I want others to know that this is a place worth going. It is clean, caring and they try extra hard to get you what you need to understand how to stop using and stay that way. I highly recommend.

Sunspire Health Hilton Head
  • Detox
  • Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
Sunflower Wellness Retreat
  • Daily activities outside of the facility
  • Highly experienced staff
  • Exceptional reviews on our website