Elevate Addiction Services in Watsonville, CA

262 Gaffey Road
Watsonville CA 95076

Elevate Addiction Services Philosophy

Elevate is a modern and empowering approach to addiction treatment. We don't believe addiction is an incurable disease but can be overcome and put in the past through hard work and dealing with issues.

Our program is Non-12 Step (we use SMART Recovery) and we provide skills and tools to our clients so that they can more effectively manage their own lives and experience happiness without the need for drugs or alcohol.

See website for entire philosophy.

We were also featured on Modern Living with Kathy Ireland, see the full video by following the link below:

Elevate Addiction Services – Holistic Treatment Program on Modern Living with Kathy Ireland

• Detox
    Though not all rehab facilities offer “medical detoxification,” all people with an addiction to drugs or alcohol will experience intense physical and emotional changes and discomfort as their bodies react to withdrawal of the addictive substance. Many people use the term “detox” to refer to the period of time (ranging from a few days to a week) when the body is reacting to an addict’s decision to stop using.

Medical Detoxification Availlable - Come off Drugs and Alcohol Safely and Comfortably

Most Insurance Accepted - Flexible Options. Call Today!

Unique Aftercare Program is Included to Help Ease the Transition.

ABOUT ELEVATE ADDICTION SERVICES

Located on 28 acres of mountainside land in sunny Santa Cruz County, Elevate Addiction Services is a residential drug and alcohol treatment facility for adult men and women. The rehab offers a holistic alternative to traditional 12-step treatment, and most clients stay for an average of 90 days (though length of stay is flexible and may vary from client to client). Detox services are offered on-site.

Note, Elevate Addiction Services' previous ownership was Scientology-affiliated; however, the center has undergone completely new management and absolutely no ties to the faith remain.

Elevate’s treatment philosophy does not view addiction as a disease, but rather as a manifestation of deeper emotional, physical, and/or spiritual issues. The rehab states: “It is not part of our core beliefs to substitute drugs or alcohol addiction with other drugs or medications which alter cognitive or emotional functions.” After detox, clients must be willing to wean off any medication that the facility does not deem medically necessary, including anti-depressants.

The four-phase program offers individual counseling, daily educational groups, family therapy, and regular SMART Recovery meetings. Clients also participate in yoga and hiking activities, as well as individually tailored fitness routines once they are physically ready.

Consultations with a nutritionist are also provided, and essential oils are used to help clients deal with stress and/or common aches and pains. Regular recreational outings include off-campus trips to the beach and forest.

A free aftercare program offers counseling and support to clients once they graduate.

According to Elevate’s website, many of the facility’s staff members are in recovery themselves. All counselors are licensed and certified.

Offering scenic views of Monterey Bay and Big Sur, the tranquil, 150-bed ranch-style campus has forested walking trails, landscaped gardens, a sauna, a gym, and an outdoor swimming pool.

Of the seven alumni surveyed by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing, five gave the facility positive reviews, while two gave the facility negative feedback.

The two unhappy former clients both claimed that Elevate’s marketing was misleading, particularly in promising treatment for co-occurring disorders and not delivering, as well as not disclosing its ties to Scientology; however, Elevate Addiction Services has undergone new management that holds no ties to the church of Scientology.

“I believe that I was misled by this program,” wrote T. “The program recently changed it's' name from Narconon to Elevate. They are also not equipped to deal with dual diagnosis.” E.L. offered his opinion that although all Scientology-affiliated management had been replaced during a transfer of ownership, he perceived the center's shortcomings to be a result of the faith's remnant effects: “Elevate uses...constant intrusive surveillance...to achieve their goals with clients...there are clearly leftover influences from Narcanon/Scientology, though they will deny it.”

But the other five former clients surveyed by Rehabs.com praised the program, describing staff as “extremely caring and compassionate” and treatment as “a really cool holistic program with a lot of helpful life skills and emphasis on fitness and nutrition.” Deanna also wrote about the facility’s serene environment and helpful activities in a representative review, telling Rehabs.com: “The environment is so welcoming and the amenities are such fun. They have art classes, music, exercise so you can really take advantage of things that appeal to you and keep you busy so you don't just sit and get inside your head all the time.”

The five loved ones polled by Rehabs.com gave Elevate mostly positive reviews, except for K.H., who reported that their sister had a terrible experience at the rehab, echoing the two alumni complaints regarding its lack of treatment for co-occurring disorders, despite assuring K.H. they would be addressed.

But the other four reviews reported that their family and friends had positive experiences. “I can't recommend Elevate Addiction Services enough. My son has graduated from this facility and I could not be more pleased with the program,” wrote V.F. in a representative review. Dan added: “[The] facility is beautiful - on about 30 acres with an ocean view and there is a lot of space to move around…”

The two staff members who were surveyed by Rehabs.com both gave the facility glowing reviews and five out of five stars for treatment effectiveness. “I've worked with various addiction treatments for over 20 years now and this program encompasses the best of everything I've ever come across,” wrote W.T., while Dan told Rehabs.com: “Elevate is a modern and new approach to addiction treatment. It is a non-12-Step approach utilizing holistic and empowering therapies designed not only to stay sober, but to live the life one was meant to live.”

Fees start at $37,000 for 90 days. The facility also accepts numerous private insurance plans, including Humana, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and Cigna.

Published on August 2017

This place truly is wonderful. When my parents came for graduation, they were blown away by the positivity and friendships that we formed here. I could tell it gave them energy and a fun afternoon. My favorite thing about this place is how all of the counselors have been through this program themselves. It made talking to them very easy because we could both relate to each other. The food was very good. The physical activity was really important to me. I ended up doing crossfit and getting in some of the best shape of my life during my stay. That helped give me a way to create endorphins and feel really good both physically and mentally. All in all, this place is amazing and I would recommend it for anyone that is struggling. Especially if the 12-step model didn't work for you. The holistic, science based approach they take really works.

Everything upon arrival at Elevate Addiction was great. I had a broken ankle and they made very specific accommodations for me and gave me and my family a tour. I got to ask a lot of questions and got a full understanding of what the program was like upon getting there and before signing anything. It was a really good intake process. Also, the staff throughout the entire program were very helpful and knowledgeable. Most of them were in recovery themselves so, they were definitely very relatable and what really helped to feel comfortable was that they had all done it themselves. It was an extremely positive environment and I feel like I’ve been in a really good place since graduating. It’s the longest period of time I’ve ever had clean and sober and I feel very confident about it. I also feel equipped to deal with anything that life brings me. It was an amazing experience and I would definitely suggest it for anyone who is seeking treatment.

I have nothing but positive things to say about this place. I know food isn't as important as the curriculum, but having amazing food available at all times really made the stay pleasant. There were also cool outings like to church, crossfit, buddhist temple, and the movies. I had fun but also did hard work and turned my life around. I've been sober for 6 months and I can't wait to be at 6 years!

I can't say enough about the people at Elevate. They are top notch and dedicated to helping people. It's weird how close everyone gets. You would think that after seeing so many people that clients would just be a number to them but they get really invested in your life and the bonds that are formed are so real. I've been fortunate enough to stay in touch with many of my counselors and that helps me stay focused and have someone to talk to when I need it. And they've always been there for me. Thank you!!!

I had an amazing experience at the EAS facility and am proud of everyone who came to my side when I needed help. I feel like I'm a part of a family here and I hope to give back in a similar way that I was helped. I am happy that I got to meet all of these amazing people. For anyone out there who is considering getting help, this was the only place that worked for me. I went to a couple of other centers, but I never got any legitimate clean time. I've been sober for almost a year now and it feels great!

I am really thankful for this place. I was extremely addicted to prescription opiates when I entered the facility. It was amazing how quickly my mind and body started to heal. The curriculum is amazing. The facility is beautiful. The people are the best part. I'm happy to say I'm 8 months sober and this has been an amazing adventure. It's really cool to stay in touch with the people I was in the program with because most of them are doing really well too. Thanks to the counselors and staff. The last thing I'll mention is this place helps you get in shape and the fitness aspect has become a big part of my life. Thanks elevate!

Strengths:The staff is very excellent. They have all been through the program and can relate to the clients well Weakness:The facility is a bit older, but it isn't bad at all. I highly recommend this program for anyone who agrees that it is difficult to be cured in 30 days. This place allows you to take the time needed to improve your life.

Choosing to come to Elevate Addiction Services and then actually following through and completing the program has been one of the best experiences of my life. I got my life back thanks to all the counselors. I look up to each and every one of them. I couldn't thank anyone enough for what they did for me. I love them all. I had the incredible opportunity to stay and work with the staff to help others. The fact that this was even made an option to me is a testament to how much this place is dedicated to helping people.

This place was a godsend for me. The detox counselors really helped me out during my detoxing process in getting me ready to enter the main program. The primary counselors were people I could relate to and had been through the same struggles I had. I loved my time at EAS. It was and still is one of the happiest places I have been. I wouldn't change anything. I love the aspect of focusing on getting healthy in every part of our lives. I am still sober today and can thank Elevate for that.

I really do think this is the best place there is, period. I've seen other treatment centers and none of them really compete with Elevate in terms of effective, science based treatment. I saw all staff members help clients in some way. Everybody has their go-to staff members and it was really cool to see the relationships form. The biggest part of my program there was the other clients. The relationships we formed were very close. I'm so thankful to Elevate for helping me get clean and stay sober.

This place really changed my life. Even though I didn't want to at first, I'm so glad I came to Elevate. All the primary counselors were amazing. The conduct department specifically was so helpful and wise in how they assisted me with problems at home. I am just so grateful to have gone through this program and really look forward to giving back to the recovery community in the same way I was helped.

12 step didn't work for me. A longer, more holistic program like this is what it took to get me sober

This place was amazing. I'm sober. I've been sober. It really works!

This place is amazing. I highly recommend it to people who need more than 30 days to fix their life.

When I went to Elevate I really needed help. My life was spiraling out of control. I couldn’t hold a job and spent my entire day either getting high or looking for more drugs. I was addicted to pills and I couldn’t function without them. I needed help and my mom found Elevate for me. I have gone to the traditional 12-step programs and they just didn’t seem help me at all. I never felt comfortable talking in groups and the whole time I was at those programs I was just waiting to get out and go home so I could get high again. It was frustrating because I actually wanted to be off drugs but I couldn’t find a place that would really help me the way I needed it. I went to Elevate because it wasn’t a 12-step program and I needed a place like that. It looked beautiful and I was ready to get some actual help with my addiction. The program at Elevate is longer and I appreciated that. It takes 30 days of being clean before I feel even almost decent so I needed a place where I could get off drugs and then stay off drugs till I felt really good. It was a really comfortable environment to get that help. The facility is really nice and the area it’s in is beautiful. I couldn’t have gotten better help anywhere else. The staff were so kind to me and no one judged me for having gone through so many rehabs before. They just wanted to make sure that I didn’t have to go to anymore and that’s what they’ve done. I’ve been sober for 6 months now. 3 months doing the program and I’ve stayed clean for 3 months since being home. It isn’t just that this is the longest I’ve stayed clean. It’s that it’s the longest I’ve stayed clean and I’m not struggling with it. I’m doing the things I learned in my program and staying away from what I need to stay away from. I’m finally happy with my life again and I couldn’t be happier with the help I got while I was at Elevate.

I wanted to write a few words here and very quickly go over my experience at Elevate Addiction Services. This rehab center was phenomenal. I don’t know if I would be still alive today if it wasn’t for how well this program helped me. When I was considering going to rehab, I was looking into several different rehab programs to go to. This one by far was the one that jumped out at me the most and seemed like it would be the best option or me. I really needed a rehab center that was holistic and natural, and that wouldn’t use other drugs or medicines in the detox process. This rehab center was exactly that. Elevate operates a very close, very personal approach to drug and alcohol addiction treatment. The center and the program itself is very pleasant and enjoyable. They use an approach that involves a lot of responsibility and accountability. This means that those who go there really start to get that they need to make a change in their lives, if only for the effect that they are having on those around them. The Elevate program also uses a wide variety of different treatment options that all basically help people and that give them the success and the sobriety that they need to really find success and happiness that lasts a lifetime. I liked their multi-modality approach, because it gave me a chance to experience a lot of different styles and types of treatment. How cool is that? I would strongly recommend this rehab center to anyone who was faced with addiction and who was desiring getting off of drugs and alcohol. The program is immensely helpful, and they really take the time and expend the energy to make sure that all of their clients who go there achieve a level of sobriety and recovery that lasts a lifetime.

My family was heavily affected by drugs in the family. My son began smoking marijuana at age 16. My husband and I were not happy about it; however, we understood the teenage mentality and didn't think much of it, he was still social and wouldn't be high or smoke around us. He quickly moved out of our house at age 18 and had began to withdraw from our family. Once again we justified this as his moving on to independence. In June 2016, he was 20, he came home not looking anything like himself. We hadn't seen much of him in that time prior but when we did we noticed he had lost a lot of weight. He told us that he had lost his job and had began smoking meth for the last 7 months. I was horrified. My husband and I, did not know what to do. We began researching and finally we found Elevate. I spoke with their admissions counselor and we were able to get him there within 2 days. Daily they called me updating me on his progress. Finally he gave me a call. He sounded so different, he sounded like my little boy again! We had the chance to go to the facility and visit about a month into his stay. He looked so healthy and everyone I met was so happy in general. It completely blew me away how beautiful the facility was compared to what I had envisioned when I thought about "rehab". 2 months after that visit I attended his graduation. I cried through the whole thing as I knew this was a new man that was getting ready to come home with me. Thank you Elevate for everything you have done for my boy. I could never truly show how much I appreciate the staff and the Elevate Program!

Before I came here my life was in shambles. With the help of the program, my life has shifted a complete 180 degrees! I feel like me again and have addressed all the issues that I had that were inhibiting me from having a happy life. I am very grateful to have had this opportunity.

My experience at EAS was absolutely life changing. The staff helped me overcome obstacles that I felt I would never be able to get through. The curriculum is perfectly written and every staff member is amazing at the positions they are in!

I sent my family member to Elevate and I am very happy with the help and information I got before he entered the program, the communication by counselor contacts during the stay and the follow-up opportunities. The program was recommended to me on a drug information hotline as having good outcomes. It is not a 12 step program as this type of day treatment had not worked. I called Elevate and they explained the clients went through steps and the program lasted about 3 months. However, if the process took longer, the client was allowed the time to complete the steps without rushing through them. The cost was the same. My family member's counselor contacted me at least weekly, and more often at the beginning of treatment and if questions arose. If I emailed, my questions were always answered via email or a phone call the same day. When my family member contacted me, they seemed happy and often told me how much they liked the staff, activities, and facilities. They volunteered to go to the Lake Tahoe center for the last part of the treatment and really liked the staff there as well. Some clients may wish to stay on, get additional training, and even work at one of the facilities. My family member decided to do this and I feel this is a wonderful opportunity to work in a supportive environment and help others. I couldn't be happier with all the progress they has made.

This program is incredible. I have been to several other shorter programs but this program was very different. I was immediately comfortable and felt that I was valued and safe. I learned an much about myself that will stay with me forever. It's a positive difference that is noticeable to my family and friends and I have been able to create and maintain healthier relationships and also eliminate negative ones. Invaluable experience! I honestly can say that I want to go back just because it was such an AWESOME soulful experience!

- Do your homework before choosing! Elevate uses...constant intrusive surveillance...to achieve their goals with clients. Their uniquely strange approach may work for some, but in practice, it's out of the range of accepted addiction treatment standards. There are clearly leftover influences from Narcanon/Scientology, though they will deny it.

I am writing this review because I believe that I was misled by this program. The program recently changed it's' name from Narconon to Elevate... They are also not equipped to deal with dual diagnosis. There methods may be appropriate for some, however I was misled and there is an underlying deceitfulness to the program. I strongly urge families to thoroughly research the program...

I don't know what kind of problems two reviewers have but my sister has had a VERY good experience so far at this facility. I do know that there are people enrolled that are just plain mean and nasty. Of course these are side effects of addiction but there are people there trying to get well and I know that if you are radically abusive you need to go to a 'different' type of rehab center that deals with more violent and abusive behavior

I felt compelled to write this review after the horrible experience my sister had while in rehab at Elevate. Upon being admitted, they assured her that her co-occuring disorders (depression and opiate addiction) would be treated, but that wasn't the case. They also told her that they would take her to her weekly chiropractor appointments for her neck pain, and failed to deliver not that as well. After a month there, they suspended her for a week because she was speaking negatively of the program to her case managers. What kind of a program suspends a recovering addict for speaking negatively? Isn't this contradictory to the whole recovery process? Sending someone back out into the world without any support or resources? They said she could return and start over again but she decided against it once she discovered negative information about them. In addition, my mother had a very difficult time reaching people at the facility during and after her stay. Rehab is different for everyone, I'm sure this program works for some people, I would just do your research and make sure this center has everything you're looking for before admitting yourself or your loved one. They failed on all fronts for my sister and in the process collected a hefty sum. Because of the confidential nature of drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers, it's hard to prove the success claims that many of them make, and I would be particularly wary of Elevate's promises.

For any parent considering a rehab and faced with difficult decisions during what can feel like ones largest crisis, I can't recommend Elevate Addiction Services enough. My son has graduated from this facility and I could not be more pleased with the program, (90 days or until they complete all four stages). The knowledgeable admitting staff helped with questions, returned phone calls promptly, dealt with my insurance approval and in 2 days I was transporting my son to Watsonville. My son was immediately greeted, formalities covered and off to begin treatment. I visited on two occasions to find him happy, comfortable, working out, and gaining weight like mad. Yes, the food is delicious, plentiful and fresh. Kudos to the chef. Most importantly, I witnessed my son is feeling great, making new friends, enjoying his counselor, learning, taking responsibility and excited with the Smart Recovery holistic program. The entire staff is experienced, extremely professional, helpful caring and respectful. They even assigned personal to communicate with the family; often Graduation was amazing; these clients are respectful, caring, smart individuals prepared to be an asset to their community. My son decided to apply for their intern program upon graduating and was accepted. He loves this too. "I've never enjoyed my previous jobs, but I love it here" he says. Everyone, (clients and staff) are so positive. I also think it's important to mention, no phones, computers or access to the outside are permitted. They take security and sobriety VERY seriously. I feel very confident recommending Elevate and wish them much success as they have an outstanding program to offer anyone interested in sobriety.

The first I heard of Elevate was through a friend whose brother got clean in this facility, after failing at other programs. Then I checked their reviews on various websites. By that time I had been wanting to help a relative and so we traveled to California and toured the center. Me and my family loved what we saw very much. Not only it looks like a family camp, with many recreational options, it's clean and the food looks great. The counselors seemed caring and very-very honest. They talked about the importance of family involvement, and they were straightforward about the difficulty of the rehabilitation process. I like the wholistic approach and I believe it's the only way to go. I recommend looking at this facility in case you or your loved one needs help with addiction!

Elevate is a modern and new approach to addiction treatment. It is a non 12-Step approach utilizing holistic and empowering therapies designed not only to stay sober, but to live the life one was meant to live. Clients are encouraged to adopt a healthy lifestyle of nutrition and exercise. Yoga, Fitness Training, hiking, swimming and other exercise get the client's body strong and builds strength and confidence. Treatment time is spent alternating between educational sessions, fitness training, group sessions, one-on-one counseling, mindfulness hiking or reflecting and experiential therapy including options of art and music. The program has so many things happening that no one gets bored with one form of treatment and it is constantly interesting. Clients who have tried other programs and failed are having success at Elevate. The staff are compassionate and want you to succeed. We can help even those who have given up, view our website and call us today.

Elevate Addiction services is amazing! The staff work as a team and help the clients grow more and more everyday. I'm so grateful to be apart of an organization that is saving lives and helping people realize who they really are without drugs or alcohol!

Elevate Addiction Services offers superb substance abuse treatment to the Santa Cruz County community and to clients from across the country and all over the world! I have seen countless individuals' lives transformed by this powerful program and the tried and proven treatment modalities it employs. The staff are all caring, relatable, and well-versed in the field of addiction treatment. Elevate Addiction Services has so much to offer to the clients and their loved ones; this program is truly life changing!

Elevate Addiction Services really has a good program for someone needing help with addiction recovery. They really work to tailor their program to the person in front of them as each individual is different and they want to make sure that the person gets to address everything they need to address in order to be successful. Being able to be in a stable, distraction free environment where you can just concentrate on yourself and what you need to do to get through the program is so helpful. The staff really work hard to make sure that everything you need gets addressed and resolved so you feel like you are definitely accomplishing something. The environment is so welcoming and the amenities are such fun. They have art classes, music, exercise so you can really take advantage of things that appeal to you and keep you busy so you don't just sit and get inside your head all the time. They also have outings for the staff and patients so that you are kept busy all the time and have lots of other people to hang out with who are also going through the same thing you are so it's very helpful. You really want to get in touch with these guys and go and see the facility for yourself so you can see just how great it is.

Affordable, well trained staff and clean but too crowded. I would highly recommend it to others.

This place has a special feel to it the moment you set foot on its property. Unlike many rehab centers both the staff and clients have smiles on their faces and are very welcoming. It is located high up in the mountains and provides an amazing view. The individualized approach and highly trained and interested people that work at Elevate are sure to offer a great opportunity for anyone struggling with drugs or alcohol a chance at a new life.

Staff are extremely caring and compassionate. They treat clients like family, not like a "patient' or a number. Facility is beautiful - on about 30 acres with an ocean view and there is a lot of space to move around. The facility is an older building that has been well-maintained but should not be considered "luxury" like a mansion or celebrity-type facility. It is very comfortable for all but the most exclusive clients though. Nearly all of the staff have had personal struggles with addiction and want to help everyone who comes in. This program is not dull or boring. It has a constant balance of educational elements, group sessions (non 12-step, they use SMART Recovery), individualized one-on-one treatment, exercise and nutritional components and experiential therapy such as hiking, art/music appreciation, mindfulness exercises, etc. There is also a big focus on health so the clients do fitness training and get into pretty good shape after 90 days and it really helps their mood and self-confidence. The biggest thing I saw was that clients always liked doing many different things each day, not just sitting in group constantly every day.

Excellent program. I’ve been to many programs in the past without success. This one really clicked for me. I am 2 years clean after over 10 years of heavy alcohol and drug addiction. One of the biggest assets here is definitely the staff. Not only are they educated and helpful, but they truly care. I would have not been able to do this without the support of everyone. I will never claim that it was an easy road, and going through addiction and withdrawal is not easy itself, but I can’t thank the team enough here. I learned so much about addiction as well as about myself and what stems the addiction and what re-stimulates it and then how to get ahead of relapsing. I have been through so many 12-step programs in the past without any success. This program uses a holistic approach, which means that they focus on spiritual, mental and physical aspects. There is no rush or a ticking clock to finish, which was so important for me. I was in such a dark place that I was afraid to leave and go back to relapsing. I took my time, peeled each layer at a time and worked at my own pace. After so many years of drugs and alcohol use and some programs rush 30 days, which sets up people for failure. The facility is in a beautiful area. It is very clean, peaceful and bright. I truly got so much out of the second phase of the program where I really focused on all of my unhealthy and co-dependant relationships and how they repeatedly affected my life negatively. Writing down all of my experiences relating to drugs and alcohol was very therapeutic for me, I felt as I was addressing and taking responsibility for each action of my past and that I could leave it at that moment and not carry around all the guilt. They helped guide me to re-build relationships with so many people along the way who tried to help me and I burned. I rehabilitated my people skills and communication. I came in broken down and they helped me build myself back up piece by piece. Thankful for Elevate.

I have had the pleasure of undergoing treatment sessions with the Elevate Clients. I have been able to see, firsthand, how the program positively benefits each and every individual. Recovering from addiction is an extensive process and I have seen exponential growth in the recovering individuals. With the perseverance of the clients and the dedication of the staff, all of this is possible. The methods used are very beneficial in alleviating withdrawal symptoms and allowing clients to take a step back and look at their life as a whole. Not only are they addressing underlining issues, but they are preparing for future obstacles. I foresee this program helping clients live with happiness and health for the rest of their lives!!

This place is great. They have a really cool holistic program with a lot of helpful life skills and emphasis on fitness and nutrition. I've worked with various addiction treatments for over 20 years now and this program encompasses the best of everything I've ever come across.

Reflections Executive Rehab Facility