Faith Home Inc - Greenwood Men's Facility in Greenwood, SC

144 Faith Home Road
Greenwood SC 29648

Faith Home Inc - Greenwood Men's Facility Philosophy

Faith Home is a Christian rehabilitation center for alcoholics and drug addicts. It is based on the fundamental belief that the solutions to problems caused by drugs and alcohol can be found through faith in God. The program is simple, yet it is the answer with the majority of cases. A man or woman is provided with a separated life for eight weeks, close to nature, and away from unsettling influences. By studying and working with others like themselves, they can begin to understand the basic truths of life and why they have faltered along the way.

• Holistic Therapy
    Facilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.

• 12-Step
    The term “12 Step Program” describes a way to recover from addiction that is based on the model developed by Alcoholics Anonymous. Many drug and alcohol treatment centers base their treatment on 12 steps – the first three of which are situational, the next four addressing the practical issues created by the addiction, followed by two steps focused on making amends for hurting others. Steps 10 and 11 involve a deeper examination of the previous steps and the final step is focused on helping others avoid and recover from addiction.

Hiking

Basketball

Fishing

ABOUT FAITH HOME, INC. — GREENWOOD

Faith Home Inc., a Christian nonprofit rehabilitation and recovery center, is based in Greenwood, S.C., and operates three residential facilities. According to the facility’s website, the flagship men’s facility in Greenwood is situated on 67 acres of peaceful, wooded countryside. Detoxification services are not provided at this facility.

According to the website, the waiting period for admission to the men’s home is typically three to four weeks. Once admitted, residents must commit to an eight-week program that is faith-based and relies on 12-step principles.

The facility’s website indicates that enrolled participants are required to attend bible studies, morning devotions, chapel services, and daily 12-step meetings. They are also expected to participate in a mandatory “physical therapy” component consisting of chores and facility maintenance. Residents volunteer at community places such as the food bank, local nursing homes, churches, and numerous United Way agencies. Work is another important part of the program.

The facility’s website specifies that Faith Home does not allow participants to conduct any legal or medical “personal business” during treatment. Also, the application form points out that residents are required to be 72 hours free of alcohol and seven days free of other drugs.

The organization’s website is keen to point out that this is not a medical facility, which suggests that there is no medical doctor on-site. No additional information is provided regarding the staff member's credentials. Five individuals polled by Rehabs.com gave an average of 3.8 out of five stars for the staff’s level of training and experience.

Photographs on Faith Home's website indicate that residents of the Greenwood facility share small bedrooms for two. Residents are encouraged to enjoy individual and team activities including hiking, fishing, basketball, ping-pong, football, and choir. They also maintain a greenhouse and a garden which helps feed them.

The facility’s website also details strict rules about visitation. All visitors must provide proof of their relationship to the resident (e.g. birth certificates or marriage certificates).

Reviews from nine alumni submitted to Rehabs.com at the time of this writing were mixed with six overall positive and three negative. The eight alumni who evaluated the program's treatment effectiveness gave an average of 3.5 stars. Two alumni polled on the staff's level of training and the overall quality of individual and group counseling gave perfect five-star ratings for these metrics. Several alumni felt the program change their life and gave them the tools to live free from drugs and alcohol. “They helped put God active in my life! Taught me how to forgive, let go of the things that kept me relapsing, gave me the tools to stay clean," C.M.B. wrote.

Alumni who gave negative reviews mentioned a lack of qualified staff. "No trained staff! They force religion,” one anonymous alum wrote, adding they “work you to much!” In addition, another anonymous alum wrote "Staff is not qualified to deal with situations."

In addition to Rehabs.com reviews, 15 individuals on Google left the facility an average rating of 4.4 out of five stars.[1] "They never judged me and welcomed me with open arms, and loved me with all my flaws. Great place that changed my life," alum Ben wrote on Google.

All five loved ones polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing gave positive reviews. “My husband went their and he loved it," one anonymous reviewer wrote. Another anonymous Rehabs.com survey respondent felt "counseling services" were a strength and concluded: “My friend attended this program and recovered from an addiction and is now doing very well.”

On average, four loved ones rated the facility 4.5 out of five stars for how likely they were to recommend it, 4.25 stars for the staff's level of experience and training, and 3.5 for the exercise and leisure activities. The program's holistic offerings receive a lower average rating of 2.33 stars.

According to Faith Home’s website, it subsists on donations and revenue generated by its thrift store, which allows all admitted residents to enroll in the program free of charge.

[1] https://goo.gl/xtZyG1

Published on July 2017

Staff is not qualified to deal with situations. Very dissatisfied with treatment. Choose somewhere else. I can't handle ignorance!

great place. the people are amazing, serious about recovery and very friendly. anyone trying to get their life right will benefit from this program. it saved my life. i recommend it to everyone.

My experience at Faith Home has changed my entire way of life.During my eight weeks I grew as a man and now being back into sociaty I can now live without guilt,denial,or negativity.

Participants are given duties that they are capable of performing, they have faith based counseling and are taught useful skills that they can use to seek employment when they leave the facility. Group Homes are available on a temporary bases with counseling. They could use more efficient buildings. I could visit, I know the program works, the return rate is much lower than normal and I would recommend this facility. If you do not have the money to pay they will work with you to get you into the program.

Great place for true recovery. FREE to all and is a place where you can learn to live a better way of life.

Faith Home-Greenwood is hallowed ground. I wound up there broken and done with life 25 months ago today. For ten years I had wanted to die and had attempted suicide twice in that time. The only things that eased the pain( albeit temporarily) were alcohol and drugs....and those had ceased to work. I was driven there from Southeast Texas by my father, who knew of Faith Home because an employee of his had gone there. I was introduced to AA, given a job, and over the course of the next 2 months, a host of spiritual tools that have allowed me to lead a reasonably happy life free of the alcohol and drugs I relied on for so long. Sure, there were a few guys there who weren't looking to recover. Nobody forced me to hang with them though. The vast majority of guys(80+%, I'd say.) wanted the same thing I did. I haven't had to put a drink or drug in since November 8, 2013; the day I got to Faith Home. For that I will be forever grateful to God, Faith Home, on staff member in particular, and all the great friends I met over the two months that turned out to be the start of my life.

I do not think the men and women should be around each other because it's temptation for all. We are here to get better and I feel like with the women being around the men is NOT GOOD AT ALL!!!

It is a faith based facility that allows patients the opportunity to learn and stay on track with the program. Patients are required to work and are encouraged and praised for their efforts. However, it is dependant on donations from the community. I found the faculty were sympathetic and encouraging toward the patients. The strength of the organization rest on this.

No trained staff! Faith based! They force religion! Work you to much! They take your food stamps, after they make you apply for them!!

Strengths: counseling services. Weaknesses: some people are admitted that should not be and are not there to get true help. My friend attended this program and recovered from an addiction and is now doing very well.

Helping people to learn faith. My husband went their and he loved it.

It offers a open attmishpere you work around the facility with a wide varitey of jobs offered it is funded through donations from public and it also runs several thrift stores where it takes in donation items and resale back to public through three thrift stores freedom and openness all around wounderfull experince and if you follow what is practiced here then you can and will remain sober but its up to the individual over all

An overall great facility.

They helped put God active in my life! Taught me how to forgive, let go of the things that kept me relapsing, gave me the tools to stay clean! been 5 years sense I got clean! plan on staying that way! 38 years was enough! love my life! They asked was for us to get food stamps! they used them to feed us! we worked at the rehab!

Silver Ridge
  • 12 Acres of Secluded Property
  • Spacious Rooms
  • Contemplative Spaces
Bluff Plantation
  • Highly successful, evidence-based treatment program
  • Multidisciplinary team of physicians, clinicians, psychiatrists and thearpists
  • Incorporates the Malibu Beach Recovery Diet which boosts dopamine levels