Farnum Center in Manchester, NH

140 Queen City Avenue
Manchester NH 03103

Farnum Center Philosophy

Located about 50 miles north of Boston in New Hampshire’s Downtown Manchester area, Farnum Center offers an array of drug and alcohol treatment services including outpatient, intensive outpatient, and medical detoxification (including Suboxone treatment). The facility’s goal is to give clients the tools they’ll need for a sustainable recovery through lectures, meetings, group discussions, uplifting seminars, and specialized presentations. Farnum Center also relies heavily on experiential therapies like exercise, music, and meditation.

• Intensive Outpatient (IOP)
    Patients who undergo intensive outpatient treatment continue to live at home and sometimes go to school or work while participating in a highly structured treatment protocol that is focused on ending substance abuse. Programs vary in terms of how much treatment patients receive, how often and for how long. Some facilities design individualized intensive outpatient treatment programs.

• Medical Detoxification
    Drugs and alcohol have widespread effects throughout your body, including but not limited to the addiction and/or physical/psychological dependence that develops with substance abuse over time. Many organ systems are affected by addiction and will react to withdrawal. The term “medical detoxification” means that there is a trained and licensed medical professional onsite to monitor your vital signs and protect your physical and emotional health as your body goes through withdrawal.

Group Psycho-Education

Family Education

Aftercare Planning

Cheryl Wilkie

Senior Vice President

Dr. Cheryl Wilkie, Psy.D., MLADC has been providing substance abuse services for men and women struggling with the disease of addiction for more than twenty-one years. Her educational background includes a Master’s in Psychology and a Doctorate in Forensic Psychology. She holds a Master’s level license as a Drug and Alcohol Counselor. Cheryl oversees Webster Place and Farnum Center. She has extensive background in this field which includes working with various populations including adult offenders in correctional facilities, pregnant and postpartum women, men and women with co-occurring disorders, and sexual and domestic abuse victims.

Roland Lavallee

Medical Director

Roland Lavallee MD has been providing medical care for over 30 years. His training includes the addiction treatment unit at Mountainside Hospital in Montclair, NJ and his background includes Public Health Service, Family Practice, Pain Management and Medical Director for Methadone Maintenance Clinics. He has long been concerned about the myths associated with the addictive diseases and their treatment and the significant ongoing reduction in healthcare resources allotted to this. He began providing medical coverage for the Farnum Center in August 2012 and in February 2013 he welcomed the opportunity to become Medical Director of Farnum Center and Webster Place. “The longest road to recovery is the one that is never started."

ABOUT FARNUM CENTER

Located in Manchester, N.H., 50 miles north of Boston, Easter’s Seals’ Farnum Center provides gender-specific, residential treatment for adults struggling with chemical dependency and co-occurring disorders. Utilizing its signature Health Realization treatment model, the facility also offers a partial hospitalization program (PHP), as well as an intensive outpatient program (IOP) and general outpatient services. In addition, the Farnum Center operates the only stand-alone medical detoxification facility in the state.

Upon admission, clients undergo an initial assessment to determine an appropriate level of care. Requiring a commitment of up to 30 days, the gender-specific residential program utilizes facility’s the Health Realization approach, which is designed to help clients discover personal strengths and coping skills to overcome personal challenges.

During residential treatment, clients adhere to a structured schedule of educational lectures, seminars, and presentations. Clients also participate in gender-specific group counseling sessions, which may address issues common among men and women struggling with chemical dependency. Clients also attend on-site 12-step meetings. Medication-assisted treatment (MAT), namely Suboxone, may also be utilized to alleviate the discomfort of opioid withdrawal.

In addition to core programming, Farnum Center incorporates a range of recreational and alternative therapies into programming. During residential treatment, clients can exercise and practice yoga, as well as participate in music therapy, acupuncture, and guided meditation. The center also regularly facilitates group outings, which may include trips to the museum, sports events, and recovery events.

Once a resident completes the residential program, clinicians may encourage clients to “step-down” to less intensive levels of care. Featuring similar programming as residential treatment, the PHP track runs daily from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and includes 12-step meetings, educational classes, and group discussions.

The center also offers two levels of outpatient treatment. Intensive outpatient program (IOP) last for one month and involves nine hours and weekly programming (three sessions). IOP primarily consists of individual counseling and group therapy sessions. Traditional outpatient programs focus on achieving specific goals, such as such as license restoration or court-ordered evaluations.

Each week, the center invites families to participate in educational programs to involve loved ones in the process of recovery. An eight-week aftercare program is also available to all program alumni. In addition, clients recovering from opioid dependency may be able to continue MAT through the facility’s Suboxone clinic.

Led by a medical doctor with more than 30 years of experience, the staff consists of nurses and licensed alcohol and drug abuse counselors. Most the over 60 individuals polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing praised the aptitude of the treatment staff. A representative segment of nine individuals gave the treatment staff’s level of experience an average rating of 4.1 out of five stars.

Set on three acres, the Farnum Center is comprised of a 20-bed detoxification facility, and its residential program can accommodate up to 40 residents. The center features an on-site swimming pool, a fitness room, basketball and volleyball courts. A representative segment of nine survey respondents gave the facility’s cleanliness and upkeep an average rating of 4.1 out of five stars.

Among the dozens of alumni polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing, a majority approved of the facility, and many credited the facility with saving their lives. A representative segment of eight alumni offered average ratings of 4.57 out of five stars for the level of family participation and four stars for the treatment staff’s level of experience and training. “The Farnum Center in Manchester, NH helped save my life. The staff here is very very helpful in many ways,” alum Jonathan wrote.

Many alumni also cited the facility’s Health Realization approach as a major strength. “I have found great value in learning the three principles,” alum J.G. wrote. Alum Mike added: “I like the brotherhood of the group- the 3 principles are working great in my life.” However, the eight representative alumni did feel the facility lacked counseling options, offering a lower 2.88 star-rating for this aspect of the facility.

Despite mostly positive feedback, some alumni felt the price of the facility did not reflect the quality of treatment they received. “The cost is ridiculous when you consider their clumsy and substandard idea of treatment,” Mark wrote. Alum Ron agreed and added: “You definitely don’t get what you paid for.” These opinions were in the minority.

The two loved ones polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing provided less enthusiastic opinions of the facility than alumni. Although loved one M.M. gave a five-star rating for the treatment staff’s level of experience and training, they gave one-star ratings for the facility’s ability to treat co-occurring mental health disorders, the level of family participation, and the facility’s affordability.

While parent G.S. felt the detoxification process was beneficial, the parent issues with administration and paperwork. “My son attended the detox program and did well,” G.S. wrote, but felt disappointed regarding the facility’s discharge planning.

The sole loved one polled by Rehabs.com to date had mixed opinions concerning the facility. The employee gave a moderately critical rating of three stars for the facility’s quality of care. “I enjoyed working with the clients, some of my co-workers,” the employee wrote, but added: “The working environment was toxic without healthy leadership.”

Farnum Center accepts most private insurance plans. The facility’s website states: “The cost to you, if any, will not exceed $240 to $600 per day, depending upon your insurance and the program.” A representative segment of nine survey respondents gave an average rating of 3.63 stars for the facility’s affordability.

Updated April 2017

Published on June 2017

If you ask a counselor to check the mail you better plan on asking them for five times. Its gone in one ear and out the other.

I went for an initial interview and was told I would have a bed in two to three weeks that was July 17. I called every week for 3 weeks and was told not to call anymore they would call me. It is now August 23rd and I have heard nothing from anyone from there. A yes or no would have been nice so I could search other obstacles. Basically I have come to the conclusion the center is a money making center and does not care about helping people. Shame shame on this agency

i would recommend the Farnum Center to anyone who is struggling with addiction. the staff are wonderful and i was able to gain knowledge here each day

3 principles is the way. A method I could have used years ago that could have saved me a lot of pain

Come into Farnum with an open mind. Don't take everything personally. We are all here for the same reason or else you wouldn't be here. Its only 28 days, if you let things in here get to you what will you do when you get into the world.

I would say there is a very friendly staff community, you learn a whole new outlook on life, for the most part the stay has been amazing minus trying to get in touch with my Counselor.

For the most part the Farnum Center has been great. A decent stay!

The Farnum Center is a great place. A lot of my friends should come here.

The Farnum Center is a gift of the present and future.

Very flexible! You will have your good days and bad days its how you see it. One bad day only because I was sick. Its your perception. Great place!

The Farnum Center is a nice recovery place. I would recommend anyone to come here. You sure will learn a lot about the three principles.

The tools are here to pick up, to lead a happy life in sobriety. You're responsible for your own recovery and its all of what you make of it.

My stay at the Farnum center was above average and i learned alot of tools here that will greatly influence my life.over all i had a positive experience here.

The Farnum center has already helped me so much so far, there way of teaching and applying different ways of looking at addiction to substances and addictive behaviors is different, community and individually focused, they use unique but easy techniques to cope with these situations and also apply any other assistance you need as much as they can, including groups on anger, depresstion and anxiety management, Aftercare plan ( they will set you up private meetings with a aftercare coordinator to find what fits best for you) Treatment plan goals and objectives, Codependency, Self Confidence, Relapse Prevention, Health Realization and more. You get your own counselor and the staff is always there for guidance. Very community focused we all help each other, the synergy here is remarkable.

I loved the Farnum center. The staff and residents where awesome.

Everything that is in involved in my day has been extremely beneficial to me. The staff is so nice and helpful. The classes and the extras such as ted talk videos and AA/NA/HA meetings has added tremendously to my recovery. The philosophy of this program (The Three Principles) will absolutely help me continue with my sobriety.

Farnum was and awesome place to be, I"ve learned alot in my stay, The volley ball court is a great way to enjoy your time here aswell, The staff here are respectful and caring, Good place to be...

The Farnum Center in my opinion is teaching a philosophy, that all mankind should live there life by. We are taught what we call the three principles. My take on this it's the scientific approach to Buddhism. After years of having the 12 steps pushed down my throat and never really getting it,Farnum has giving me hope for a life of peace and free from suffering. And to close I know longer have this stigma of being a drug addict,because I'm free from the suffering from my past. Thank you to everybody who has help me get the the enlightenment I was seeking.

The 3 principles was the piece I was missing to recover.

this is a program like no other. i have been to other rehabs before and this one by far takes the care. they go about our recovery in a different way. no 12 steps or religion. its definitely worth the 28 day stay. the staff is amazing and they truly want to help and most of them are in recovery also , so they can relate to our struggles.

Farnum Center has literally saved my life. The staff here are just incredible. They are totally dedicated in helping us to realize our potential and help us in our recovery. IF anybody out there is thinking about doing something with their alcohol/ drug problem to please consider Farnum Center because it will save your life!

I like the curriculum a lot better than what I thought it would be. When I came here I hopped there would be something different than AA and there was. Enlightening program! Works for other parts of your life other than addiction.

I don't know what I would've done if it wasn't for Farnum. They've helped me through everything. thank you Farnum!

i like the farnum center is a good place i never been to a rehab before and its a good experience to go to and the stafe is grate and the food if i had a chance to come back i would

From my point of view: if you want to stop drinking you can go to any rehab and may find success (I hope that you do) but if you want to truly change the way you think and find peace in your life I would highly recommend the Farnum Center. I know that it has changed my life forever.

First and foremost the 3 principal philosophy is going to help me in a 12 step format even with sober time behind me.

This is a very good program! Different from any program I have been in. 3 principles have helped with my thinking and attitude. I would recommend to anyone with an addiction.

I Think the Farnum Center is a great potential way of becoming healthy. This is a great way to start your life in your sobriety. It also is a place that allows you to interact with your peers in a group setting and allows you to figure out your own issues and not with any counselors interfering. Foods GREAT. All staff members are wonderful and treat you kind. Problems get solved. If you need a counselor they are there to talk to you immediately.

i feel this program was the best thing I have ever done. I have been through a lot of programs and for the first time in ten years I feel like I am going to make it through life and not have to ever go back to using. I honestly understand myself and how I work as an individual for the first time in ten years and that's huge for me so I honestly feel that Farnum center has saved my life. I am so grateful that I have walked into the front doors of this treatment center because for the first time in my life it has made sense. thank you!

The Farnum Center and the 3 Principles is your ticket to living a healthy sober life. The 3 Principles doesn't just help with your addiction to drinking or drugging but teaches you how human experience works and how our thoughts are the only thing that hold us back from living a happy fulfilling life.

I have been to a few rehabs and this positive based environment along with a staff that goes above and beyond caring has made all the difference in my recovery.

this place is awesome.ive been to other programs before and had the 12 steps shoved down my throte and never really got it.the whole concept of the three principles is amazing.the staff here is very knowlagable on the subject too.especially chris.a great experience all together.i actually have hope for the future now.

I think Farnum is good. Excellent they way everyone comes together. Everything is set up nice, super awesome!!

My stay here has opened my eyes and changed my life. The staff are amazing! I wouldn't change anything!!

I loved my stay at the Farnum Center. The staff here is excellent and very knowledgeable on the 3 Principle's and explaining them. I'm very grateful I got to come here. If it wasn't for the Farnum Center I wouldn't have so much confidence in going out into the world and not having the fear of relapsing. The food they provide for us was excellent. It was well pre-paired and the cooks were superb. I really enjoyed my stay here. The facility was in excellent shape and well maintained. They kept us in high spirits at all times and we did a lot of fun activities. The staff is great here and it was a privilege coming here. Thank You for getting my life back in order.

Like no other program I have been too. The 3 principals is something you can use in everyday life..

Farnum is amazing. The staff are great and extremely helpful. Would recommend to anyone in need of assistance.

Every place will have a few small issues to deal with but my only major complaint is meds in the residential program. You really need to stay on top of reordering yourself and even getting aspirin can be a major deal, so you really need to make sure when your running low on something you get it ordered at least a few days prior and stay on top of any new meds.

awesome place, awesome staff! great program as far as the 3 principals!!!

This is the first detox program I have been to, but I love the Health Realization teaching. The health realization teaching eplains how are mind, thought and consciousness works. Farrnum employees have given me tools for when I get home to help maintain sobriety. While in Farnum they provide meetings with AA and HA. It has been a awesome experience I would recommended getting your sobriety started here.

I came to the Farnum center 29 days ago feeling hopeless and having no experience being sober. The approach they use " the 3 principles" have changed my life. The staff is amazing, the community is just as good. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for treatment or help with addiction. I couldn't be any more impressed with this place. I will forever use the tools I have learned here. I owe the Farnum Center my life

So far the Counselors and staff are wonderful! They treat us with respect. The RI's work with you.

relaxing, you learn a lot if you pay attention.

Excellent facility. I have been to a few and farnum center (both north and south) is an outstanding, groundbreaking program.

this program is excellent a very beneficial to my recovery

this is my second time at farnum. I came back here because I learned a lot the first time. this facility has helped me greatly. I decided to come here for a second time once I started to mess up because it worked so well for me the first time. the way they teach you to look at yourself is very beneficial for me .the work we do here is mainly a process of learning from yourself. its not about the twelve steps. which I like a lot. there is a twelve step meeting every night. but the majority of the work is learning how to have proper positive thoughts.by learning about my thought patterns I have been able to change a lot of my actions. I really enjoy working on myself by learning from myself. this is a great facility. I enjoy the councilors. and the building is nice. the food is really good also. over all I think this is a great place for anyone who wants to better them selves. I have enjoyed my recovery here.

This is the first time in my life I have ever felt treated as and accepted into a family of support. Before I came to farnum my view on life was a low level of consciousness and I have been helped and encouraged to change my ways of viewing my everyday experiences. I cannot wait to experience and take on life outside of these walls and see where i will be going after learning the three principles. I could not be more greatful and thankful to have come to the farnum center

I like the brotherhood of the group- the 3 principles are working great in my life. Great staff. Everyone is caring!

Good environment staff and counselors are amazing 3 principles are a break through in recovery.

I believe the Farnum Center is an excellent program all around. the staff, counselors, and community as a whole are very inviting and helpful to what you need in early recovery. its no vacation as you will attend groups all day but that is what you are here for and if you work this program it will work for you.

I have been to over 2 dozen treatment centers in Massachusetts. But none compare to may stay at the Farnam Center. I'll be leaving here feeling extremely confident in myself and my ability to stay sober. I highly recommend you give this place a chance. It will change your life!!

I have found great value in learning the three principles. As an application in daily living I believe it will provide me, along with other recovery resources, a solid foundation to live a successful, and happily whole life.

I must say even though this is my first rehab I am very happy with the approach of the treatment here and my experience has been wonderful.

The staff at FarNum are all very understanding and most are in recovery they get it !!!!! I have had the best time possible here they have all the resources and are always willing to help in all situations !!

Farnum has taught me the 3 Principles or Health Realization...a new approach to recovery other than the 12 step approach. It has been a remarkable change for me in my thinking and perception. In the past, I have always been taught the same thing in every rehab and I needed something different and more positive.

The philosophy and education on the 3 Principles was very helpful and definitely useful. I would have liked them to have incorporated meditation and more Mind, Body, Spirit awareness though. We only meditated twice after having requested it numerous times throughout my stay. There is a small, limited gym but more physical activity is needs for patients overcoming drug addiction with extremely elevated levels of anxiety. Important to have helpful outlets for it. Food was good, most of the staff was awesome. The only thing that I was seriously displeased with was the fact that we had to keep track of our own medication even though the staff administered them, we were expected to keep track of and put in a needs form order for our own. I almost left one night because I was still detoxing and at the height of my withdrawl still on the residential side and I didn't have any medication all day and night so I was just miserable. Head warning to this! I liked learning of a new approach with 3 Principles, it became a little redundant. Having been to one other treatment facility before, I will be able to use both the 12steps and this knowledge together. Strict rules, but I understand why. Thank you Farnum Center

the farnum center is absoloutly amazing. I learned more about myself than in high school in such a short time. just do it if you are wondering if you need it.

My experience at Farnum Center has so far been a positive one. As I have never been to a rehab before this I have no reference point for a comparison but I believe the treatment is effective so far. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the meals are nutritious and tasty. Most of the staff are helpful and friendly.

i loved the program and I will be successful in recovery.

The Farnum Center is not a 12 Step based Rehab. How ever I think the 3 Principles that they teach go hand in hand with the 12 Steps. The 3 Principles really opens your mind to a new way of thinking. You maybe practicing the 3 Principles and be unaware your all ready using them in your life. Just like to Note They do have AA meetings. My over all Experience was good, I can defiantly say that out of the four rehabs I have gone to this is the best one by far. With any Rehab there are always something that needs some work, but the facility is clean, comfortable beds. the food is decent, and they let you drink coffee with Caffeine. I think it is important to tell you a few tips you should be aware of to help your transition in. 1.) Medication: You will need a med order for everything, even over the counter medication. If you do not have one they will not give you your meds. So all I had to do was go to my PCP and get something that said THE name of the medication The Dose Amount And the Instructions when, how much. and how to take it for all medication including over the counter. They let you smoke about every hour And the Staff are very caring. You'll be happy you came

farnum center is a great facility. I have learned so much in my stay and am looking forward to my sober life as the new me.

Most importantly, the Farnum center made me think. It helped me reflect on the choices I have made, and told me I wasn't defined by those choices. It aided me in gaining the insight that I have the power over my thoughts and feelings and also how I react to them. I am not broken, I was just a little lost in the dark. They gave me a torch to light my way through life.

great experience

I loved my experience at Farnum.

the farnham center is amazing, especially in supporting you getting aftercare set up.

im in recovery and this place is the best decision I ever made to get sober and be sober

the staff and people are very help full in every area of thhe program

staffs great

Great place if your willing to work the program.

So far I love Farnum center, one of the best rehabs in new Hampshire.

Treatment was absolutely amazing!!! I would recommend this place to everyone who is struggling with addiction

I would recommend it but between the counselors not being here, no medication on time its not okay. I had a better stay last time.

this is the first place that has taught the things that I have learned and I have found it extreamly helpful not just in my recovery but in all life situations.

one counselor in particular is an amazing person, very smart, knowledgeable, and helpful with recovery....the best counselor at farnum center...in my opinion.

I liked the structure but there was not enough staff I owe my life to the staff at this center. I have been sober for over 5 years.

With the recidivism of addicts, it's hard to say what is effetive Staff is undertrained. I went thru Farnum 6 1/2 years ago, I am pleased to say that since I went, the facility has moved and has made many changes.

I like that they had places for clients to go do things other than drugs. Exercise /work out room. There is also an outside space which is enclosed for smokers to smoke without being back into the streets, as the facility is on a main street in the city. Thing I didn't like: Location. This facility is on a main street in a big city, where drugs are constantly walking up and down. Leads to lots of temptation to quit rehab and get high. I think the Farnum Center is great. It serves as an inpatient program for addicts as well as an outpatient Suboxone clinic. This works wonders and is just what more places need.

i would recommend this center to anyone that has a problem with addiction.

the farnum center has been a great help to me and my recovery the staff are great very involved and supportive

three principles is amazing. Best place Ive ever been in my life

I've experienced friendship, fellowship, passionate and sincerity by the staff in everything they do I have continued feeling this way every since day one of entering The Farnum Center in Manchester NH. This includes many individual's especially. Kind Regards, Derek

I attended the Farnum Center and I am pleased with the experience, strength, and hope they have provided me with. There is not one staff that I think doesn't care. They are all wonderful supports, and I thank them all dearly. Without them I could not say I would be where I am today. Thank you all !

I spent four months in another facility and did not aquire as much knowledge about my addiction as I have here in my first ten days.

My son attended the detox program and did well. We provided paperwork while he was there so he could return to work after discharge. After more than a week of discharge, they have still not completed paperwork so now he is sitting at home and not working. An addict with time on their hands is not a good mix. So disappointing.

The farnum center is a wonderful place to come and start the journey to a new and sober/drug free life. All the staff really goes above and beyond for the clients. I have had the best experience and they have given me a totally new positive outlook on life. I believe in myself again and I am grateful for this facility. Life is worth living today.

The staff was friendly, the rooms comfortable, and the treatment was open and kind. I really felt welcome. The only concern I had was food felt rushed and I wish snacks (more than the overflowing amazing fruit) was offered. As during detox I was hungry! Otherwise I would recommend this facility to everyone.

I have stayed here twice, both my stays were great. Nurses and staff are awesome!

Farnum is an extremely well done program. All of the staff does everything that they can possibly do to create a positive atmosphere. i would recommend this too any person who was considering a facility to commit themselves to treatment for alcoholism or drug dependency.

The Farnum Center helped me to change my life. It taught me how to take the control back in my struggle with addiction. I am beyond grateful for the caring staff and their approach to dealing with alcoholism and addiction.

i think it is a little closed off in such a small area that it would be nice to get out into society at least once possibly twice during my stay. like maybe going to an outside meeting or church on sunday. other than that the staff is wonderful!

best decision i have made

I have been a resident of Farnum Treatment Center for about three weeks now and I am very thankful and so impressed with the whole facility. The staff is really helpful and want you to succeed here at Farnum Center. it is a very structured program teaching you how to get your life back together and be a part of society as a functioning person as we all have the desire to be. I will be forever grateful for Farnum Center and will be returning to give back for sure. Thank you, Kelly

NH needs more treatment facilities!

this program is excelent they offer a new type of treatment that is very interesting and is only practiced at a handful of facilitys i am very greatful for farnum center they saved my life!

the farnum center is a great place and has helped me with my addiction. I could not be more grateful to have come across the center.

Farnum center is great, they teach the 3 principles which not only helped my recovery but also changed the way i think/act cudos to them because i was a mess

The Farnum Center in Manchester, NH helped save my life. The staff here is very very helpful in many ways. They will work with you to get your life heading in the right direction once again. I was at a low and they took me in without any judgement and gave me the tools i need to succeed. The rest is up to you.

This is the place to go. It is structured very well and organized. You will learn start to finish. I am a Army vet and they make a program that helps you as well. There effort and ability to see and adjust your treatment are wonderful. This program helped me greatly to adjust my lifestyle back to where it once was. This is from a person that had called himself a fully functioning alcoholic.

A decent facility that needs more holistic offerings and better family participation.

Staff is well versed on addiction treatment and recovery. They prepare you for aftercare as well as a design for relapse prevention. Affordability and lack of state funded beds were weaknesses. When I went I was angry, withdrawn, and broken. I was ready to run halfway through my 28 day stay. The counselors and the director took me aside and got me to stay somehow, they saved my life. I am now a Recovery Coach and am a sophomore in college studying addiction counseling. Treatment works.

Teaches the 3 principles. Not enough beds available for women. The 3 principles, the 12 steps, and the 4 agreements saved my life.

Co-occuring addressed. Client/direct counselor time were downfalls. This is a great start. Be serious if you get a bed be grateful and don't waste the gift.

Caring well trained staff,good nutritious meals. Too strict. People are kicked out for ridiculous reasons. The best things Farnum Center did for me were to give me a safe place to be for my initial recovery and introduce me to the twelve steps.

Strengths: Finances, the building and it's location. Weaknesses: Executive Staff invalidating behavior and disrespect of Staff. Staff are not supported and I know the quality and genuine nature of clinical support is inadequete. I enjoyed working with the clients, some of my co-workers. The working environment was toxic without healthy leadership.

Medical detox was a strength of the facility. Every addict should attend.

I attended the Farnum Center in 2015. The accommodations are excellent and so are the meals. The staff is very well educated and the classes are very in formative. You are given all the tools you need to recover from your addiction. The consolers are always there for you if you should need any help at all. I have been an alcoholic most of my adult life and thanks to the Farnum Center I now live a sober and happy life. I highly recommend the Farnum Center.

I attended in 2014. And I experienced none of what everyone else complained about. The staff is well educated and knowledgeable in addiction treatment. They are more than willing to help you in any way that they can. They all go way beyond their means and schedule to help anyone. One of only a few places that utilizes the three principles where the past is irrelevant. This was very helpful to me and I know a lot of people that have been successful after treatment. It all depends on the addict or alcoholic if they want to stay sober. With what they taught me I have been able to stay sober. I would recommend this place to anyone. Like someone mentioned, addicts have been through enough why go through more. This place is fantastic. If you go and keep an open mind and listen you will be fine, it's all on you.

I went to Farnum Center and Webster Place and I wouldn't recommend it. You definitely don't get what you paid for.

I definitely do not recommend this treatment center. Totally ineffective place. Accommodations are sub-par. Find something else!!!

This place is horrible. I concur with the other detailed review here. This place is not professional and you'll just feel worse about yourself. The counselors are unskilled and apathetic. The cost is ridiculous when you consider their clumsy and substandard idea of treatment.

I was at the Farnum center in 2012 and it was one of the worst experiences of my life. The staff are incompetent and many are not properly educated on addiction counseling... They have horrific group sessions where your are forced to call out your mistakes in front of the whole house. It is degrading and mortifying. As addicts, we punish ourselves enough for our mistakes, we don't need to feel like we are being punished in recovery as it is a time of healing and sensitivity. I was very successful at the Friendship House in Bethlehem NH.

New England Recovery and Wellness
  • Massage and Chiropractic Services
  • Trauma, EMDR, Cognitive Behavioral Therapies
  • Holistic Treatment Program
Banyan Treatment Center
  • Banyan Treatment Center Stands as a Leader in Client Care with Facilities Nationwide
  • Grow Through Recovery with Banyan Treatment Center