Good Samaritan Medical Center - NORCAP Lodge in Foxboro, MA

71 Walnut Street
Foxboro MA 02035

Good Samaritan Medical Center - NORCAP Lodge Philosophy

NORCAP Lodge provides inpatient substance abuse treatment and intensive outpatient treatment to more than 2,500 patients annually. Multidisciplinary treatment is provided by physicians, an experienced nursing staff, certified/licensed substance abuse counselors, social workers, case managers and mental health associates.

• Intensive Outpatient (IOP)
    Patients who undergo intensive outpatient treatment continue to live at home and sometimes go to school or work while participating in a highly structured treatment protocol that is focused on ending substance abuse. Programs vary in terms of how much treatment patients receive, how often and for how long. Some facilities design individualized intensive outpatient treatment programs.

• Aftercare Support
    Addiction recovery does not end with discharge after completing a rehab program. Facilities that offer aftercare planning and/or support work with patients to ensure sustainable recovery by helping to plan and make arrangements for transitional or sober living, help with housing, vocational counseling, etc.

Group Counseling

Individual Counseling

Relapse Prevention

ABOUT GOOD SAMARITAN MEDICAL CENTER — NORCAP LODGE

Operated by the Good Samaritan Medical Center, a full-service Catholic hospital in nearby Brockton, Mass., NORCAP Lodge is a freestanding unit that offers medical detox, residential treatment, and intensive outpatient (IOP) services for adults struggling with substance use disorder. The lodge is located in a wooded setting off I-95, two miles south of Foxboro town center and 30 miles southwest of Boston.

Clients may be admitted 24 hours a day. Provided that there is a bed available, clients are admitted no more than 24 hours after they first make contact.

Treatment is based on the 12-Steps, and there are daily Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA) meetings on-site. The program also uses individual and group counseling, with a focus on relapse prevention, and provides intensive case management services and skills workshops. Clients may also seek out spiritual counseling from the facility’s clergy.

The center provides family meetings, to ensure a supportive home environment for its newly sober clients, and provides discharge and aftercare planning, so that all clients leave with a plan for maintaining their sobriety.

An intensive outpatient program (IOP) offers the same modalities as residential treatment, plus education on addiction recovery skills and referrals to substance abuse services in the local community. The IOP is four weeks long, and meets on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday evenings. Intake to the IOP (as well as detox and residential care) is conducted on a rolling basis.

The staff is led by an M.D., and includes seven nurse practitioners, 30 nurses and case managers, 20 addiction counselors, 18 recovery specialists, and 13 triage specialists and clinical evaluators. The five individuals polled by Rehabs.com to date on the staff’s level of training and experience gave it an average rating of 4.8 out of five stars.

There is currently no information provided by the facility regarding its living arrangements and related offerings. The five individuals polled to date on the center’s cleanliness gave it an average rating of 3.6 out of five stars. Several reviewers commented on the food offered at the center, to say it was of poor quality.

Of the 12 reviews submitted to Rehabs.com date, nine were positive and three were mixed. Most alumni gave the facility relative lower ratings for its accommodations, meals, exercise opportunities, and holistic offerings. For example, if they gave five out of five stars for staff support or treatment effectiveness, they would only provide a two- or three-star rating for these categories.

The reviewers repeatedly praised the staff: “Absolutely amazing staff all around! Made me as comfortable as possible which makes it that much easier to stay & continue my journey of recovery,” Marie wrote, and Rose echoed this sentiment by writing: “The place was crazy at first. I was very frightened of it all, the staff quickly changed that by helping me calm down.” Jennifer also liked that many of the counselors were themselves in recovery, and alum Derek went so far as to say that the center had saved his life.

Yet reviewers also repeatedly criticized the food, and Jennifer would have liked treatment to be longer.

On Google, the facility earned four out of five stars from six reviews to date.[1] In a representative review, alum William wrote: “This place was very helpful for my recovery....me and my wife are very grateteful....the staff was very helpful and don't treat you like a scumbag junky...food was ok also...pay attention at meetings and don't listen to other patients “

Two loved ones provided feedback to date gave mixed feedback. One loved one gave the center four out of five stars for its overall effectiveness, while the other gave the facility five out of five stars for treatment effectiveness.

Neither alumni were particularly pleased with the facility’s accommodations and meals, providing four stars or lower in these categories. One anonymous loved one wrote: “Decent facility.”

The single staffer polled by Rehabs.com to date gave very positive feedback. The anonymous reviewer gave the center five out of five stars or higher for the facility’s overall treatment effectiveness, treatment for co-occurring disorders, and counseling options. “The staff are professional and understanding,” the anonymous staff member wrote. “Facilities are clean-kept. Very impressed.”

The staff member gave only four out of five star reviews for the facility’s leisure and exercise options, its holistic offerings, accommodations, affordability, and family participation.

According to NORCAP Lodge’s website, the program accepts most private insurances, as well as Medicaid and Medicare. The five individuals polled by Rehabs.com to date on the center’s affordability gave it an average rating of 2.8 out of five stars.

Updated April 2017

1. https://goo.gl/iCA35h

Published on June 2017

A horrible dungeon like dump. Reminded me of one flew over the coocoos nest. never ever go there.

I was treated with respect & courtesy for a chronic drinking problem of 30+ years. Norcap was a fantastic starting step, I will be sober two years on January 19th. Fantastic staff & the food was great,too!

Offers both individual and group counselling. Is effective in preventing relapses. The staff are professional and understanding. Facilities are clean-kept. Very impressed

More druggies than alcoholics. Many druggies have been through the program more than twice! Staff was good. Food was awful.

Absolutely amazing staff all around! Made me as comfortable as possible which makes it that much easier to stay & continue my journey of recovery.

Great place this place saved my life and showed me how to live life drug n alcohol free I would highly recommend this to anyone suffering and that has had enough

Decent facility.

Strengths: Counselor are former addicts. Weaknesses: Limited time stay. If you're ready to quit your addiction, and truly face your demons, come to Norcap. If you're gonna come for someone else, or just half ass the program, don't waste their time or yours.

Was not pleased with the counseling options and holistic offerings. However, treatment was very effective.

Good people, open and honest treatment. However, no caffeine! mediocre food. I have been clean and sober for the last 7 years. Happy that I went there.

They had a volunteer clergy, which was a strength. Food was a weakness. There aren't many options for treatment in that area. I basically had to go where there was an open bed.

very professional staff.

I learned a lot and am still sober 25 years later.It works, you just have to want it bad enough.

The facility is based on a 12 steps program. Provides you with help to start clearing up the wreckage of your past. Transportation for medical appointments, meetings and work. You are provided everything you need to begin your journey.

Derek, Thank you for sharing more information about our program with Rehabs.com. We hope that the experience you, or a loved one, had with Norcap remains a positive influence for continued recovery.

My experience was with alcohol and drugs . Was tired of feeling sick and didn't want to feel the way I was feeling, which was depressed all the time, irritable, angry and hurting every one around me again and again. I heard about this place so and a few others so I called. They had a woman's bed when I called I was desperate and ready to stop feeling the way I was feeling. Stop drinking and doing drugs and wanted to get sober. The place was crazy at first. I was very frightened of it all, the staff quickly changed that by helping me calm down. They relaxed me by telling me what to expect my biggest concern was my safety. The way they ran the program was pretty structured with the day as well as the night not a lot of free or down time.which was good. They had AA meetings as well as NA meetings come in from the outside to speak to us. That was really helpful. They give you a meeting list before you leave and offer IOP program for aftercare. If you opted to go to a halfway house they would and did make arrangements for me as well as other people there. I had both a good experience their and a bad experience the bad one was because I really didn't want to be sober so it was pretty bad to be there. I would and have told people about the Norcap program quite often as well as others I have been in.The Staff there are warm and friendly but tough when they needed to be it was a good program.

I had played kick the can with sobriety for 4 years. Jumping from program to program - VA, AA anything else that got people off my case. I needed to detox to hear what people could do for me and my alcohol addiction (Yup, one of those dinosaurs). Only wish that could have helped my wife at the time With 6 months of sobriety she asked for a divorce. Sober 37 years. Retired from the Boston Police (where I served 32 sober years). My wife and four children have never known me to take a drink. Most have been to meetings with me.

Sunspire Health Spring Hill
  • Individualized Treatment Plans
  • Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
Photo of Clinical Services of Rhode Island, Greenville