Greenbriar Treatment Center in Washington, PA

800 Manor Drive
Washington PA 15301

Greenbriar Treatment Center Philosophy

Our approach to treatment is based on respect for the dignity of the people we serve and the belief that addiction is a treatable disease. Every client who walks through the door has the opportunity for a fresh start, venturing out on a voyage of sobriety that is guided by a custom tailored, individual treatment plan, of which there is no duplication. Greenbriar Treatment Center will open all gates and opportunities to assist you on your path to a lifetime of recovery. Chemical Dependency and Dual Diagnosis issues do not have to control your life any longer. Help is available! We realize that you cannot change the past, but the future is yours... why not start your journey with us? At Greenbriar, we are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an attitude, but a habit.

• Medical Detoxification Services
    Clients are provided onsite medical detoxification services in a safe, supportive environment designed for optimal healing and wellness. Detoxification treatment typically lasts between three and seven days as is accompanied by follow-up services for enduring sobriety.

• Clinical Inpatient Treatment
    Since 1985, Greenbriar has been offering world-class care on an inpatient basis for long-lasting healing. At Greenbriar Treatment Center, licensed professionals provide evidence-based treatment services in a clinical setting for optimal wellness.

Full continuum of care available including: Detoxification, Inpatient Rehab, Halfway House, Outpatient, Continuing Care

Treatment Modalities: Cognitive Behavioral, 12-Step Facilitation, Motivational Enhancement, Family

Accreditations through JCAHO, PA Department of Health Division of Drug and Alcohol Licensure, PA Department of Welfare as a Residential Treatment Facility

ABOUT GREENBRIAR TREATMENT CENTER

Greenbriar Treatment Center offers both inpatient and outpatient substance abuse programs, as well as gender-specific halfway houses, throughout the state of Pennsylvania. The residential facility, which is based in Washington County, provides treatment for adult men and women, with an emphasis on dual diagnosis and co-occurring mental health disorders. A detox unit is located on-site for clients who require medical attention upon admission.

After an initial assessment, clients are referred to either an intensive outpatient or a residential treatment program, depending on their individual need. Treatment is similar at all facilities and consists mostly of individual and group therapy, family counseling, psycho-educational groups, and workshops on relapse prevention and recovery in the workplace.

Clients are also required to attend AA and NA meetings both on- and off-site, and encouraged to build sober support networks in the local community and obtain temporary sponsors. Graduates of the outpatient and residential programs are given priority admission to the facility’s halfway houses as an option for aftercare.

Greenbriar’s staff is made up of master's-level therapists and licensed alcohol and drug counselors.

There is currently no information available via the facility's website or otherwise regarding its living arrangements and related offerings.

Alumni reviews for Greenbriar are mostly positive, with a few complaints about cleanliness and a lack of amenities, as well as one report of favoritism of younger participants. The anonymous reviewer told Rehabs.com: “Staff were more concerned with young addicts esp with drug addiction, it was made clear several times that we older men dealing with ETOH addition were a minority and we felt as though we were not a priority for the treatment facilitators.”

Kayla wrote to Rehabs.com to suggest: “I think that they should try different exercises and group strategies. The groups are repetitive and I think the groups should be smaller so you can speak about your problems more and try to solve them.”

According to its website, Greenbriar Treatment Center accepts some insurance providers and private pay.

Updated August 2015

Published on December 2015

With the opioid crisis the need for treatment is needed this is not the place. The most honest aspect of this place are the people being treated sadly some of which will relapse or worse. While I understand RULES you eat sleep and other bodily functions as if in prison thats only an assumption but seriously if you can look for other place if tax dollars involved see if other places. Doctors come in whenever and you get 5 minutes there was patient who needed mental health as of 7 days did not see psychiatrist and on weekend you don't need therapists until Monday so turn off emotions until then. In short go here as last resort and please don't allow some who talk down to when you hug as well as kick in butt. Food BAD Rooms Dirty Place costing this much one would expect better. Praying for all to beat this thing called addiction.

This place is a sham. the therapists and staff put on a great show while you are there and make it seem like they really care. They tell you things like "please keep in touch" or "call me if you need anything". However, i tried to call my therapist, several times to have her fax my drug evaluation to my doctor. Not only did she never once answer any of my calls, she refused to even call me back. It took me TWO MONTHS of calling nearly everyday to find out from the (only) competent front desk worker that I needed to talk to medical for my problem. It is so incredibly inconsiderate of my therapist to leave me in limbo like that and not even bother to take 1 minute out of her day to tell me i wasn't even calling the right place to get what I needed. Food was trash, Techs were trash. Everything was trash. Other than volleyball, volleyball was sick.

Very great people!...The staff is great nice to have people in recovery that are not judging you . But look for how they were like you . The afternoon guy has clean time and is really powerful and makes me know I can do it . Nice being able to smoke also . Felt like they honestly care about me esp the Physicians assistant she really tried helping my pain issues .

I know the staff will read this even though you say you won't tell anyone. I was their in 2013, did meetings after I was released. Learned more bad behaviors with other members of the rehab.

Thorough, Accountability, Supportive, Outpatient options. Preparedness was ok. Good combination of toughness and flexibility from staff accomodates diversified patients. Knowledgeable staff. Great foundation to begin recovery.

I have personally been through Greenbriar treatment center 3 times now... I simply can't understand where all the glowing praise is coming from. The counselors and nursing staff were very nice and helpful, but the group sessions were abysmal. 9 times out of 10 we were all piled into the dining area, a single tech would stand at the podium and ask, "what do you guys wanna talk about?" Well, if I knew that, I wouldn't be in treatment looking for help now would I? The meals were not good, breakfast consisted of dry cereal, toast, or prepackaged honey buns you can pick up from Sam's club. The other two meals were delivered from Washington hospital, often late, and were never actually satisfying. The only days worth looking forward to were Fridays for pizza night and every other Wednesday morning for omelettes. Beds were nothing more than a cot, you were lucky if you got a full night's rest... There was rarely an interest in keeping the community united, there were often squabbles amongst the patients and the only time staff ever got involved was on rare occasions. I didn't outright hate my time at Greenbriar, but I never did feel safe. It's an inmates running the prison type of situation and you often stayed silent out of fear of being bullied or harassed.

06/27/16 My husband was there for one week and they called me every single day sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. The nursing staff called the psychiatric doctor and I use that term very loosely. The only people that seem to know what they are doing is one woman, the admission desk and the woman in medical records. The first night my husband was there the nurse on duty ( unfortunately I did not get her name) called around 9 - 10 PM to let me know how he was doing, I did appreciate that because I was concerned. Day two a nurse called from detox and complained that he was disorient and said he was going home. Day three Dr., the psych doctor called while evaluating my husband insisted that he had dementia because he was disorient and did not have alcohol problem, he said this every time I spoke with him. Also a nurse in detox called me to complain that he was not remembering his room or where his key was. Day four nurse and Dr. called discussing the same thing we discussed the day before. Day 4 through 8 I received calls discussing in length about my husband apparently they don’t talk with each other. A nurse called on day 7 and and ask me to come to the facility, the morning of June 8, pickup my husband and take him to an 8:30 AM appointment 20 minuets away from them. I let the nurse know, at that time, I would not be doing that how disappointed I was with the program and I would be there for family night, June 8, had I agreed to transport my husband to that appointment I would be would driving over an hour to get to Greenbriar twice in one day to take him to an appointment 20 minuets away from them, outrageous. I have since found out that there is a couple that transport for Greenbriar and are paid to do this. Prior to taking him to this facility I was asked many questions over the phone to see if this was the right place for him, they were well aware that he had memory issues. Also according to Dr. at the time of intake that person should have done a review/test to see if that was were he should be. Also, he was not given any instruction what to do with the remaining meds that were prescribed by the doctor and he did not know what the meds were for. The were paid a tidy sum to have him there for 1 week, so I guess it was all about the money

Very supportive staff.

It's a very structured place you do not get out of your room to participate or help out with chores you don't get good marks on your review. And that's all part of healing and can make you stay longer. If you legitimately come in on certain antidepressant medications they wean you off and put you on what they choose to put you on I feel that that messes you up completely because you're only there temporarily then when you get out. You have to go back to your doctor and getting back on the medication you are on that was my experience. All and all for a local place in our area I think it's a great their counselors have a lot to offer some of them even have recovered a lot of recovery time themselves which helps because they also know what we're going through and in my case that helped. It's clean the foods good and there's not very many places I feel in my area and I don't think that it's advertised enough

Positive reinforcement and good staff. Curfew and other restrictions need to be revised. Great facility that has helped me.

they listened to your problems and treated you well, they helped you deal with the problems that caused your addiction not just the addiction itself

friendly, location was a problem for me. would recommend to other people

Excellent care. It is a great facility highly recommended

The people there know where you are coming from because they have been there too. Not enough relaxation time. This place helped me so much. They saved my life. And I made friends for life there.

caring, motivated , detail oriented but costly after ins. runs out. good, explain things well, good detox methods

helpful, and understanding.

this place is an absolute scam they will refuse admission for any reason they choose.

Good treatment.

I entered the facility last December prior to Xmas with the plan to stay until after the new year. Because of this, I was worried I would have to pay my deductible twice I asked Mary R. (a Greenbriar employee who claimed to be an expert in the matter) if that would be true and told her that I could not stay if it was. My deductible was $1500 and I was planning on leaving on the 3rd so it would not make sense for me to pay $1500 for an additional 3 days. Especially since I was experiencing pretty extreme financial problems brought on by my addiction. She assured me that wasn't the case. Well lo and behold, I received a bill from them for $1500 that my insurance didn't cover for the additional 3 days in January. I called them immediately and Mary had no issue acknowleding that she did indeed tell us that I wouldn't have to pay an additional deductible since it would be considered 1 hospital stay despite it going into the new year, however, I still have to pay it. So even though I was told by an employee of that facility that I wasn't going to be on the hook for additional deductible, and that same person admitted later that they told me that, she was very clear when she said that it was "no longer her problem" and that I now owe them.

I felt very used by greenbriar ,$$$ Forced me to do outpatient which my work did not require and I would not receive short term disability in outpatient . Would not give me a completion letter . =no job=no money =no fiancé =lost house . The support was very poor as well as the attitudes of many staff members . I do not recommend it to anyone .

Greenbriar holds a special place in my heart. I was at the end of a dark road and had no idea where to turn. They opened up their facilities for people like me and by the end of my stay, I didn't want to leave! I still to this day remain friends with people who were in there with me. The nurses, counselors, and techs were always there to make the days a little easier. Today, I've been clean for over a year and truly believe greenbriar is where I began to build my foundation. Recommended to any addict still sick and suffering!

I've been to 6 different inpatient facilities and have gone to inpatient treatment 13 times. I would venture to say I have pretty good idea of what I am talking about. The last place I went to was GBriar. I don't know what was different. It seemed like just another "oil change". Trying to get my parents off my back, ttying to do something different. Still in denial, I didn't think I had a shot. My addiction has taken me to the brink of suicide, homelessness, multiple arrests and multiple overdoses. None of the consequences were enough to slow me down. My first day was terrible, I was in a fog. I was still fighting the process. I was still doing the same things that had caused me to relapse as soon as I got out. Through personal insights and the insightful nature of the staff I was ability attain and more importantly abstain a desire to do something different. I just felt a level of actual concern within the staff that was beyond them just trying to get another paycheck. They actually cared and more importantly understood what was going on. They helped me harness my desperation and turn it into willingness to stop. Rehab is a roller coaster with more valleys than peaks. But what I realized is everybody else their was going through the same thing. Some of the counsellors and techs spoke from experience rather than what they read. As suggested I went to a greenbriar affiliated halfway house and was met with the same desire within the staff there. Point blank, it saved my life. I have 15 months clean now, a job, a car I paid for, a roof over my head, but more importantly a level of acceptance, rather than regret, with who I am as a person. For that reason I highly recommend this facility. I no longer wake in that animalistic mode were I have to figure out who I have to rob just to feel almost normal.

I was treated at the outpatient center on 19..... And can truly say the program there saved my life and started me on my road to recovery...... I recently just celebrated four years clean

Greenbriar Treatment Center saved my life. The staff, therapists and nurses there believed in me when I was unable to believe in myself and gave me the necessary tools that have helped me achieve a life I never thought I was capable of living. I am proud to say I went to rehab at greenbriar and would recommend it to anyone who is looking to recover from the disease of addiction.

I strongly believe in this treatment center. I have been a patient here 3 or 4 times and they did not give up on me. If it wasn't for the last chance they gave me and the work the whole team put in I truly believe I wouldn't have a little over 18 months clean

GB saved my life I was 20 years old couldn't go a couple hours with out a substance in and out of jail and now I have 18 months clean. I have my family back and a group of friends who truly care about me all because of the path GB put me on. They taught me how to live.

This place saved my life. Period. The staff members and nurses were all wonderful people and took the time to actually pay attention to me and the other patients in there equally. The therapist were loving and caring as well really giving me a better understanding on things into life. I was finally able to laugh and smile in years. The food wasn't the best but hey, it's not a vacation and I couldn't remember the last time I had three meals in a day. Like I said this place saved my life and set the path for me to restart my life and never look back!

we work with patients with payment plans to pay their coinsurance so treatment will not be to much of a burden. Patients are responsible for their entire deduct prior to admission. We continually work with all contracted ins companies to get the most time in treatment as ins company will allow. GTC works as a team to offer the tools to recovery. Working is small groups with a therapist daily as well as the entire community. Many staff members are in recovery and are able to give insight into what the future may offer if working the program. Also working with law enforcement to offer the education and treatment the legal systems demands. inability to give patients as much care as needed due to insurance turning down request for extended treatment. Over the years GTC has grown on many levels. Our main site has physically grown allowing a detox building. Our number of patients in the inpatient facility has grown. There has been an increase in nursing staff and therapist. Even with increase in numbers a patient is given care as a patient, not a number. There is also multiple outpt offices in many locations to make outpt treatment manageable for patients

Greenbriar accepts many different insurances. Great patient care.

Services include: Detox - Inpatient - Outpatient and Halfway House. Extremely qualified and caring staff that provide quality drug, alcohol and mental health treatment services to our conusmers

Services include: DETOX, INPATIENT, OUTPATIENT, HALFWAY HOUSE - INSURANCES ACCEPTED. A full business team handles all insurance checks and billing, so that patients are able to focus on treatment. Greenbriar treats addiction as a disease, not a moral failure or weakness. For people suffering from chemical dependency and mental health issues, Greenbriar is one of the few facilities that is licensed to treat Dual Diagnosis. Many staff members have been in Recovery for numerous years, bringing hope to family members and patients who have lost their belief that life can be different. Greenbriar has facilities throughout Southwestern Pennsylvania, but there are outlying counties, were there are very few programs for people to get treatment. Having more facilities would be beneficial. For 16 years I have had the honor of working with people in active addiction, start their journey of Recovery at Greenbriar. If you are looking to make a change and have a new sober beginning, then this is the facility for you.

Well managed, experienced, many people in recovery from their own addictions.

I got to meetings with her.

Not at all impressed with this facility. Continue to let people believe they are able to cope with illness when they are not. My loved one has been in this facility 5 times and has not improved at all.

The treatment was quite effective.

The location was good but the treatment was not very effective.

I was not a participant, but a spouse and therefore cannot fairly judge. Staff and administration care about the entire family, not just the participant.

The therapists, techs, and nurses were great. Having people employed at the facility who are in recovery really helped me throughout the process. I will be celebrating 9 years sober because of the treatment and education I received at Greenbriar.

I enjoyed the counseling and 12-step program.

I think that they should try different exercises and group strategies. The groups are repetitive and I think the groups should be smaller so you can speak about your problems more and try to solve them. The counselors are recovering addicts so they can rate to you. However, they try to brainwash you with religion. They treat you like children.

Friendly staff, we'll educated in addiction, 12 step oriented. It is not a long enough program, but it got me started on the road to recovery.

The staff was great. I am still sober a year later. However, the outside time was insufficient.

The techs and counselors are great! The program is very helpful. However, the facility could be cleaner.

I needed this education to realize I have a disease. I loved the fact that being there was the first time I didn't feel alone..felt understood...I found hope and a new chance on life...forever grateful. The 12 steps and having people come to believe there is a higher power were wonderful aspects of the facility...and I found hope there.

I am an RN who diverted narcotics.I had to enter a treatment center as part of the state board of nursing contract. :-) Greenbriar treatment center saved my life. I attended gateway treatment center in greensburg, PA for 3 months afterwards. The program was 5 days a week from 9am to 4pm. :-)

Greenbriar gave me hope not to give up.I sought help in 2 other rehabs afterward but have stayed sober and clean since Aug. 30th 2007(7 yrs. 2months).

Staff was very supportive.

There group meetings 5 evenings a week.

The staff is able to create a positive atmosphere. The individual personalities coalesce to give a very broad show of recovery. 12 step community members frequently visit to speak to the groups of patients. Communication between administration and staff was poor.

Too short of a stay, didn't really do much more than was already done by family.

It was an ok treatment facility, but in the end not enough....we lost our son to an overdose. I think that there are better places.

They need to incorporate Jesus.

Not for older men with ETOH addiction, it is geared for young drug addicts....Staff were more concerned with young addicts esp with drug addiction, it was made clear several times that we older men dealing with ETOH addition were a minority and we felt as though we were not a priority for the treatment facilitators...Thus we got by....administering to each other.... I mean I know what the Big Book is for but have since fallen several times and have tried to get off the ETOH several times and it goes good for months or years but always fall back...Now I grieve because I need to detoxify again and fear the shakes and terrible feelings but I have done it before and now I pray for my Gardian Angel to come and fortify me....

I attended group therapy for 18 months as aftercare treatment.

It was not the best of facilities.

Wonderful, caring and motivated staff. The facility had alumni working on staff, and a professional top notch educated clinical staff.

I didn't enjoy the facility.

They were very focused and coming from the facility, the only important thing to me was whether I picked up or not.

I enjoyed the holistic offerings and the staff was very supportive.

I relapsed a third time and when I went in to this facility the second time I had a withdrawal seizure. The third time I relapsed, they would not take me back because they didn't have the proper medication to be detoxed. I had to go detox somewhere else. I ended up going to a place called Pyramid. It was horrible and never want to go back. They said I could come back and go inpatient once I was detoxed, however I thought that was the whole purpose of going inpatient. The way we were treated at Pyramid, I would not go through their inpatient program. I know you never say never, but I am plugging away very hard at my recovery this time. I got a sponsor right away, and we are now working on the steps. Which I actually wrote out the first step during a meeting and my sponsor was very proud of me!! I do know AA quite well from going in and out of the program. I never went inpatient. I do six meetings a week. I feel so good going back to the meetings. I am just having a hard time coping and balancing home life with my recovery. With that being said I would definitely recommend Greenbriar in Washington, PA.

I enjoyed my time & thought the care given was great at this facility. I relapsed after 3 months- I was pregnant and chose an alternative, but got back into recovery related programs.

5 STARS!!!! AMAZING!!!!