Human Services, Inc. in Alliance, NE

419 West 25th Street
Alliance NE 69301

Human Services, Inc. Philosophy

For more than 25 years, Human Services, Inc. has been providing the Western Nebraska area with highly effective substance abuse treatment. The rehab is continuously improving its programs for adult men and women through education and research, and is committed to offering the highest levels of care available. Services include inpatient treatment, outpatient services and transitional housing. The goal of treatment is to improve each client’s sense of spiritual awareness, as well as teach healthy coping methods designed to deal with the stresses of everyday life.

• Outpatient
    Outpatient treatment describes all addiction treatment that is not residential. Patients live at home while undergoing rehab.

Community Development

24 Hour Crisis Line

Interventions

Glenda L. Day, MA, LADC, NCACII, CCDCII, ICADC

Executive Director/Counselor

Photo of Glenda L. Day, MA, LADC, NCACII, CCDCII, ICADC

Glenda had been the Executive Director and a Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC) with Human Services, Inc since December of 1985.

Colleen S. Hood, BA, LADC, ICADC, CCJS

Assistant Director/Counselor

Colleen began working at Human Services, Inc in August of 1995. She is a Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor in the state of Nebraska.

Rehabs.com Editorial Review

ABOUT HUMAN SERVICES, INC.

Located in the town of Alliance in northwestern Nebraska, Human Services, Inc. has been offering treatment to individuals struggling with addiction for more than 25 years. The center provides a number of services including short-term residential treatment (for adults), outpatient services, a step-down program (for both adults and adolescents), family programming, and a transitional program. Human Services, Inc. does not offer medically monitored detoxification on-site, but it does run a non-medical detoxification facility 50 miles west of Alliance, in Scottsbluff, Neb.

In order to determine an appropriate level of care, individuals are assessed and screened for substance abuse in their initial stage of treatment. Accordingly, length of stay in the abstinence-based residential treatment program is also contingent upon each individual’s unique needs. If required, the center’s transitional program offers a structured living environment for individuals in early recovery, or those with risk of high relapse, which can be utilized for up to a year.

The center’s step-down program, according to the facility’s website, acts as an outpatient program for adults and adolescents who require a less structured level of care than that of a residential program.

The outpatient services, which take a holistic approach to treatment, are available to those who either have had or are currently struggling with substance abuse or addiction issues.

Designed for the family members and significant others of clients, the facility offers a family program, which may be added as a separate program or integrated into the primary programming.

According to the facility’s website, Human Services, Inc. is run by a handful of certified professionals who each bring with them more than 20 years of experience in the substance abuse and addiction field.

There is currently no information provided on the facility's website or otherwise regarding its living arrangements and related offerings.

At the time of this writing Rehabs.com has received one alum survey. Alum M.H.W. gave the facility a two- out of five-star rating for accommodations & amenities and a one- out of five-star rating for meals & nutrition. M.H.W entered rehab for substance abuse and stayed for 15 to 29 days. M.H.W. has been out of the facility for over 12 months and left before completing treatment successfully. They said the facility was not worth the cost, adding “It was a horrible nightmare. Shaming techniques and false psychology. I hope the place burns down - they should be sued for malpractice.”

Rehabs.com has only received one review from a loved one, and she was extremely unhappy with her son’s treatment. She reported a lack of understanding about her son’s faith and an inability for her to visit him among her complaints. “If I can prevent it he will not go back there,” she wrote.

On CiteHealth, a former employee highlighted the weak staff support at the center. “The management of this rehab is faulty, inconsistent programs, unfair treatment of workers, favorism, micro management and poor scheduling. They have a major turnover in help which points to poor management,” they wrote.1

According to CiteHealth, the center accepts payments via Medicaid, state financed insurance, private insurance, and military insurance. In addition, there’s payment assistance via a sliding fee scale.

Updated February 2017

Published on February 2017

I really got a lot out of the program and enjoyed it

I believe this a good program and I would tell other addicts about how good it is. Its helped me with my alcohol problem.

Very dedicated staff/counselors that truly care about the clients. Up to date on neuroscience and deal with a lot of the core issues. Very structured, if you want to slide by or only do the minimum then go somewhere else. Very intense and structured.

I worked for HSI twice and both times was treated with respect and understanding. I had surgery while working with HSI and the Director made sure had sufficient healing time and was genuinely concerned with my recovery from surgery. The staff was always kind and considerate.

This place saved my life. The staff are caring and stand with you in your recovery.

These post's make me sick this is a non-profit organization, meaning donations that come to them supply you with the help you obviously need... Beginning the program and then resenting this kind selfless staff while refusing to try the methods they are trained in after a lifetime of continuous school and sessions with clients, you apparently know every method and reasoning to your life choices that lead you to this facility. You are childish and petty for posting false rumors about people who take a beating from people such as you, and will continue after you leave that facility to help if you are willing to help yourself. These women spend most of their adult lives contributing more time to individuals who either were never given a chance or never gave themselfs a chance, then their own families who deserve their attention. They have delt with thousands of people with millions of challanges in their lives, few of which care for their opinion and expertise which leads them into a dark statistic of almost 70% relapse rate along with a close to matching death rate. The odds are frighteningly against the very common know it all client blaming YOUR problems... If you cannot accept that maybe there are people who can show you tuff love and turn around and show you true compassion along with a way to a potential remedy, then do them a favor and don't ask for help. For me and any addiction in my past along with my future has full faith in that facility.

Im sitting here reading these reviews and im disgusted to think people would sit there and bad talk on this facility and and the counselors there, i for my self know for a fact from being a psst client this place helps but it can only help people that want the help and alot times people came in so closed minded thinkin that they are the star and know it all. I had the privilage of working with each person there and these people and the stuff that is being said i can say is crud. This place helped me to find me again n to no let self centered people bring me down. Human services inc saved my life. And its like the serenity prayer says it works if u work it. 3 individuals in particular taught me so much. So i think that for all of the people bad talking the counselors u are obviously should have done less talk and more listening cuz you would have learned something and you would have made some of the best friends friends that care and do habe your back. One of the women is amazing n does care bout her clients and i am truely blessed to have her as my friend to this day, as are the other counselors. So for those of u who read this i strongly sujest hsi if u r looking for somewhere for treatment they changed my life and can help u change urs to.

Staff and programming is current on the neuroscience of addiction.

The treatment I received was wonderful. I had previous trauma that I was unable to deal with until I went to HSI. The counselors were attentive to my needs and helped me work through all my grief and trauma of my past.

I just received a long letter from my loved one. He has been there a little over 3 weeks now and the letter almost brought tears. I've watched him suffer from alcohol for 20 years but finally there is hope! He was very positive and greatful for his counselor. I can't tell you how very happy and thankful I am for the staff and their dedication to him. While he is sad, missing his kids, he admits he is learning so much and has hope for the future. Thank you for what you do, thank you for being there. It means the world to me to know he is getting better.

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear your son is making process in his treatment and recovery. We hope he continues to grow and learn skills that will assist in his recovery.

My son has been there 3 weeks. He signed a form to allow staff to give me full access 3 times. They say he never did ! The receptionist cussed me out and I felt that the therapist insinuated I was the reason for my son's addiction. I was flabbergasted ! Being involved with my sons addiction for years and also my sister n laws you NEVER put blame on anyone else. It is part of the 12 steps. They didn't respect my son's religion. My son was committed there by the state. For dual addiction and mental health. 4 days ago he said he was suicidal. They sent him back to the hospital. Now the Dr there say he is a threat and HSI may not take him back. God I pray they send him somewhere else ! If I can prevent it he will not go back there !!!!

I'm sorry this was your experience. Human Services, Inc. strives to provide the very best care for those with addictions. We take pride in treating our clients and family with dignity and respect and accepting ownership of their addiction. We understand clients have different beliefs and ideas and we encourage each to explore and grow spiritually. If a client needs a hirer level of care, he/she is transferred to that higher level. It is our sincere hope that your son received the treatment he needed.

It was a horrible nightmare...The worst experience of my life. I could not recommend this facility... It was honestly terrible.

We are sorry you did not have a positive experience at Human Services, Inc. We ask for feedback from clients during treatment, at discharge, and after treatment so we can evaluate our services and make necessary improvements. Its my hope you gave specific feedback so we could review your point of view.

The Raleigh House of Hope
  • Experiential and Recreational Learning Activities
  • Trauma Focused Therapy
  • Family Education and Support
Mountain Peak Recovery
  • Animal Therapy
  • Personalized Meals to Dietary/Nutrition Preferences
  • Holistic Offerings (Yoga, Meditation, etc)