Insight Human Services - Robert S. Swain Recovery Center in Black Mountain, NC

932 Old US 70
Black Mountain NC 28711

Insight Human Services - Robert S. Swain Recovery Center Philosophy

Treatment at Swain Recovery Center is holistic and focused on healing the mind, body and spirit. The rehab offers residential and outpatient services designed to help clients acknowledge, accept and understand their relationship with disease of addiction, as well as improve their self-esteem and return to a substance-free life. Treatment modalities include motivational interviewing, relapse prevention therapy, motivational enhancement therapy, the Seven Challenges and the Matrix Model.

• Individual Therapy
    This term describes one-on-one therapy, in which a patient and trained counselor, social worker, psychologist or psychiatrist meets privately with a patient to discuss challenges related to lifestyle, work, family and romantic relationships that may have contributed to the development of an addiction.

Expressive Arts Therapy

Recreational Therapy

Nature Therapy

Rehabs.com Editorial Review

ABOUT INSIGHT HUMAN SERVICES – ROBERT S. SWAIN RECOVERY CENTER

Located 15 miles east of Asheville in Black Mountain, N.C., the Robert S. Swain Recovery Center provides residential treatment for adults and adolescents struggling with substance abuse and mental health issues. Part of Insight Human Services, Inc., a nonprofit organization that serves more than 60 counties in North Carolina, Swain Recovery Center offers treatment that incorporates evidence-based practices and therapies.

Priority admission is given to pregnant women, intravenous drug users, and individuals who are HIV positive. Length of stay is 42 days for adults and 90 days for adolescents.

Based on the belief that men and women relate and respond differently to drugs and alcohol, Swain Recovery Center offers gender-specific programming for its adult clients. Their treatment begins with a series of biological, psychological and social evaluations, as well as psychiatric care, to address co-occurring issues. Additionally, residents are encouraged to partake in individual, family, and group therapy, addiction education, expressive arts, nature and recreation therapy, and 12-step based classes.

For adolescents, treatment centers around the evidence-based Seven Challenges, a program designed for this age group that helps clients make thoughtful decisions. Swain Recovery Center offers an in-house educational program in which individuals spend 10 hours per week in school alongside a licensed teacher. Those over the age of 16 have the option to work toward receiving their G.E.D and earning their degree while in treatment.

There is limited information on the facility’s website regarding the staff’s credentials beyond noting that Swain Recovery Center has its own clinical director. Nevertheless, an anonymous reviewer on CiteHealth referred to the 24 hours a day staff as “amazing” and “incredible” and claimed that “they understand the problems clients have coming in.”[1]

Swain Recovery Center, which shares campus grounds with the Black Mountain Neuro-Medical Treatment Center, can accommodate a total of 22 residents (18 adults and four adolescents).

Alumni reviews for this facility are positive. Roxann told Rehabs.com: "I was inpatient and have remained clean for almost 8 years. I use my tools from Swain every single day… Very professional staff. I love them and the treatment I received." Jennifer shared with Rehabs.com she has “been sober for a year now” and noted that the “program of AA works” for her.

Another grateful Rehabs.com reviewer named Jennifer, who gave the facility the top five-star ratings in all major categories, told her story: “Came here when I was 17, stayed for one month. It honestly changed my life. The staff is so nice and understanding... Thank you so much for saving my life.” And an anonymous alum wanted Rehabs.com to know that "This place helps me a lot."

In her review to Rehabs.com, C.B. wrote about her son's positive experience: “As a mother of a patient that has been attended your facility for the past five weeks , I can't say enough good things about the treatment he is receiving . I do make the Sunday visits t and are impressed by the care and compassion I see from every single counselor that I make contact with... I am forever grateful.”

According to the website, Insight Human Services accepts private insurance and Medicaid for covered services. The organization receives funding from state, local, and private sources, and payment may be determined by a sliding scale.

1. http://citehealth.com/rehab-centers/north-carolina/cities/black-mountain/robert-swain-recovery-center#reviews

Updated February 2017

I was inpatient and have remained clean for almost 8 years. I use my tools from Swain every single day. Ive even been back to be a client speaker and it has encouraged me to keep speaking at meetings,facilities and events. I had been in treatment at other places and it never worked before. Very professional staff. I love them and the treatment I recieved

As a mother of a patient that has been attended your facility for the past five weeks , I can't say enough good things about the treatment he is receiving . I do make the Sunday visits t and are impressed by the care and compassion I see from every single counselor that I make contact with . I love to see him have new friends that he genuinely cares for . ( I hear it in his voice and see it in his eyes ) and He , himself have made comments about the been level of kindness that has been shown to him . To be honest . I wish there was someway he could stay longer . Six weeks isn't enough to completely clear his head . when he does return home he will go back to living alone and feeling isolated again . Then add in the chaos and grief that Daymark Recovery Center has caused us as a family . As his mother , know that I am thankful for all the positive energy that you have sent my sons way . I am forever grateful .

Came here when I was 17, stayed for one month. It honestly changed my life. The staff is so nice and understanding. I recommend any suffering addict in WNC, even anywhere, this is the best rehab facility. They keep you busy with classes and activities. Thank you so much for saving my life.

This place helps me a lot.

I have been sober for a year now and I know that the program of AA works for me. It was a small facility with individual and group treatment.

Silver Ridge
  • 12 Acres of Secluded Property
  • Spacious Rooms
  • Contemplative Spaces
Focus Treatment Centers
  • Alumni programming and aftercare services
  • Whole-person care approach and experssive therapies including art therapy and dance/ movement therapy
  • Weekly nutritionist on-site and professional chef