2084 Main Street
Willisburg KY 40078

Isaiah House Philosophy

As a Christian-based addiction recovery center, the mission of Isaiah House is to provide the best possible care to those entrusted to us regardless of socio-economic means, working not only with the client individually but with the whole family. In all we do, we strive to bring glory and honor to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Addiction is certainly a leading cause of poverty in Kentucky and throughout the nation. Its consequences are almost always devastating – loss of employability, homelessness, incarceration, serious physical and mental health issues, divorce, spouse and child abuse/neglect and broken relationships. The Isaiah House provides a comprehensive program that helps clients face and deal with the consequences of addiction in addition to focusing on solutions that prevent relapse and lead to a productive, meaningful life after they complete the program. Love and faith in Jesus is changing lives at Isaiah House on a daily basis.

• Individualized Treatment
    Some facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.

• 12-Step
    The term “12 Step Program” describes a way to recover from addiction that is based on the model developed by Alcoholics Anonymous. Many drug and alcohol treatment centers base their treatment on 12 steps – the first three of which are situational, the next four addressing the practical issues created by the addiction, followed by two steps focused on making amends for hurting others. Steps 10 and 11 involve a deeper examination of the previous steps and the final step is focused on helping others avoid and recover from addiction.

Relapse Prevention Planning

Aftercare Planning

Job Training

Rehabs.com Editorial Review

ABOUT ISAIAH HOUSE

Located in rural Willisburg, Ky., Isaiah House offers Christian-based addiction and recovery treatment for adult men. The facility offers a variety of residential services, including a specialized, non-medical detox program, a short-term residential option (100 days), and a long-term program that ranges from eight to 11 months.

Treatment at Isaiah House is heavily faith-based and rooted in the tenets of Celebrate Recovery (CR), a Christian-focused, Bible-based 12-step recovery program.

After a medical evaluation, most clients begin treatment by entering into the social detox program, which is called “Foundation.” The program, which lasts 37 days, is non-medical and includes weekly one-on-one counseling and participation in large group Celebrate Recovery meetings.

The short-term residential program, dubbed “Restoration,” actually lasts 100 days; however, on- and off-site visits, as well as phone privileges, are awarded after 30 days in the program. Treatment includes regular individual counseling and family or couple’s therapy, as well as CR meetings, relapse prevention workshops, and on-site volunteer work.

Clients can extend treatment with the “Transformation” program, which offers services for up to 11 months. Mostly, staff help clients to find housing, hold a job, obtain a driver’s license, and find a local church.

According to the facility’s website, the treatment team includes a licensed professional counselor associate and a licensed professional clinical counselor. All four individuals surveyed by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing gave the facility five out of five stars for staff support.

The facility is situated in a residential area and offers simply furnished, dorm-style bedrooms, according to images on Isaiah House’s website. Of the four individuals surveyed by Rehabs.com to date, two awarded the facility five out of five stars and one gave the facility four out of five stars for its accommodations and amenities.

Alumni reviews indicate that Isaiah house offers effective, no-nonsense treatment and solid counseling. All five former clients had good things to say about the facility, including David and Carl, who both credited the rehab with saving their lives. David noted that he even went on to become a kitchen manager at the facility. Windy also told Rehabs.com that the facility was affordable and wrote: “Based payment on sliding scale. Recommended to me by friends and family. Glad I went.”

Loved ones also praised the facility and called it life-saving. “We seen our son rock bottom. Nothing in his future. He was guided to the Isaiah House which we feel has saved his life. I can not say enough on how great the Isaiah House has been to him and our family. Broken chains mended. Love and will always speak kind words for the Isaiah House,” Janice wrote in a representative review. Jessica added: “I will never be able to express my gratitude enough. Isaiah House gave my husband the tools to come back to his family a whole man.”

In addition to former client and staffer David, Mark, who is a current employee in executive management, gave the facility five stars for its treatment effectiveness and told Rehabs.com: “I personally had gone thru 13 rehabs before becoming sober . I've been sober 15 years now and this is the best center I've seen.”

According to the facility’s website, Isaiah House accepts a number of commercial insurance plans, included Aetna and WellCare. As reported by an alum surveyed by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing, sliding scale fees are available to clients who qualify.

Updated December 2016

Published on January 2017

The Isaiah House took me in and provided a safe place when my decision-making became life threatening. As soon as I was able to get out of bed and stand without shaking I was constantly engaged and busy. This was pivotal for me. I learned how to be a hard worker and while my hands were busy so was my mind. The staff are firm and the program is a challenging one. Opportunities were made available to me and doors were opened but I had to earn it all. You could say I grew up in Isaiah House and that experience will always be with me.

We seen our son rock bottom. Nothing in his future. He was guided to the Isaiah House which we feel has saved his life. I can not say enough on how great the Isaiah House has been to him and our family. Broken chains mended. Love and will always speak kind words for the Isaiah House.

Great opportunity. If you cant make it there you cant anywhere. They have the NET device for detox, college classes and credits on site, guaranteed fulltime employment for any one who wants it. A ton of great counselors. The food isn't that bad. And the rooms are awesome.

not enough funding.

Isaiah House's 90 day treatment program is excellent. The food served is minimal and outdated. Once the client starts the work program, they're sent with cold sandwiches every day. ... Once the client enters into the work portion of the program, rent goes up to $700/month for a small area with 2 bunk beds and 3 other guys. Food is $95/week and a ride to and from work is $25/day for each person. 10-12 guys in a trip. Do the math.

Would absolutely recommend it.

This was a faith based program, which i believe made all the difference in the world. It saved my life.

Very effective. Changed my life.

Landmark Recovery of Louisville
  • Individual therapy twice per week with masters-level counselor
  • Neurofeedback Testing to cope with anxiety, sleep deprivation
  • Comprehensive discharge plan that is easy to follow and understand
Indiana Center for Recovery