Jackie Nitschke Center in Green Bay, WI

630 Cherry Street
Green Bay WI 54301

Jackie Nitschke Center Philosophy

The Jackie Nitschke Center provides low-cost substance abuse treatment programs for adults 18 and older struggling with addiction issues. Based on the 12-Step model, individualized treatment options include a 28-day inpatient program, 16-week outpatient treatment and 4-week intensive outpatient care, individual, group and family therapy, and AA and NA meetings.

• Outpatient
    Outpatient treatment describes all addiction treatment that is not residential. Patients live at home while undergoing rehab.

Improvement on Quality of Life

Home-like Environment

Family Oriented

Rehabs.com Editorial Review

ABOUT THE JACKIE NITSCHKE CENTER

Housed in a charming brick residence in Green Bay, Wis., the Jackie Nitschke Center offers residential and outpatient treatment services to adult men and women struggling with addiction. Detoxification services are not offered on-site, and clients must be detoxed and medically cleared before being admitted for treatment.

According to the center’s website, the facility is 12-step based and offers residential treatment for 28 days. Treatment plans include individual therapy, group counseling, addiction education, and nine AA/NA meetings per week. Families are invited to the facility’s Family Day, which is filled with education and family therapy.

The Jackie Nitschke Center also has an intensive outpatient program (IOP) for individuals hoping to recover while maintaining their current employment or housing. It also lasts for 28 days and meets on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, for three hours each. Clients interested in a less intense program can opt for the facility’s 16-week course of regular outpatient treatment.

A relapse prevention group is offered once a week as aftercare. It is open to clients who have graduated the intensive outpatient or residential programs.

The staff-to-client ratio at the Jackie Nitschke Center is 1:3. The treatment team includes master’s-level social workers, certified substance abuse counselors, certified advanced practice social workers, and more.

The 14-bed facility offers home-like accommodations with modest furnishings and a well-kept garden. Clients can take walks for recreation, as well as go on supervised visits to the local YWCA. All meals and snacks are served on-site.

The seven alumni who were polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing provided mixed opinions of Jackie Nitschke Center.

Five alumni gave the center an average 2.6 out of five stars when asked if they would recommend the center. The former clients rated the center’s cleanliness the highest with 4.4 stars, but rated the center’s holistic offerings the worst with 1.4 stars.

Multiple alumni complained the treatment catered to alcohol abuse issues. “Even though they promoted themselves as a ‘Drug and Alcohol’ treatment center, the treatment centered around the treatment of alcoholism. I was a heroin addict and I was for forced to use the alcoholic treatment curriculum…,” Kristine wrote.

Patrick’s review on Rehabs.com was more positive. “Jackie Nitschke Center has a devoted staff as well as alumni which are very visible and proactive in the community, but like any treatment center or program, it only works when the individual is ready to make changes in him/herself,” he commented.

Adam was satisfied with the program as well. “They taught me what i needed to do. when i was ready i had the tools and now have 8.75 years clean,” he wrote.

Of the five loved ones surveyed by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing, three provided positive feedback, one left a neutral review, and one had a negative opinion of the center.

Loved ones mentioned they liked the center kept the family informed, and praised the staff. “My son says that this is the first program that he has attended (he has been in 5) that he felt staff really cared and it wasn't just a job,” another loved one wrote.

However, another loved one complained about the 12-steps. “It was helpful but also rushed,” a loved one wrote.

The one staff member surveyed by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing provided a positive review. The staff member indicated they would recommend the center.

“Staff care from their hearts. Staff is a good mix of recovering and non-addicted. 12-Step oriented. Very clear message of recovery,” they wrote.

The cost of a one-month stay starts at $6,173.44. The center accepts private insurance and has financing available in the form of scholarships. Two scholarships are awarded each month to Brown County residents.

Updated April 2017

Published on April 2017

They keep our mind busy and sober No visiting

One of the staff members is fabulous, but there is something seriously wrong with the residential manager. She told me family she is not qualified to make mental health decisions, yet told them what she thought I "needed" which caused nothing but strife in my family. She is not fit for her job, imho.

20 years ago the Jackie Nitschke Center was called The Samaritan House. I participated in the Samaritan House program for 7 1/2 months. The staff cared about me and pushed me to grow, held me accountable, taught me how to use life skill tools that allowed me to build an amazing life - challenges and all. One of the most important things I learned while there was how to communicate with people, how to connect with people, how to work a recovery program allowing people to help me, and the need to surround myself with people in recovery that are spiritual and positive. I learned I am one of those people - they taught me how to have a relationship with myself and begin that healing work. Today I am the director of the center and we carry forth the same beliefs for all people we encounter and work diligently providing them the means to be successful. Because we are human we are not perfect - mistakes have been made and used as opportunities. I thank the staff of the Samaritan House/Jackie Nitschke Center for all the energy they put into my life so I could become the person I was meant to be.

Kristine I was in rehab with you. They DID NOT provide the needed support.

It is a very regimented and strict facility. Even though they promoted themselves as a "Drug and Alcohol" treatment center, the treatment centered around the treatment of alcoholism. I was a heroin addict and I was for forced to use the alcoholic treatment curriculum and "just use the word Addict in place of Alcoholic. Also, even though I had detoxed in a hospital for 6 days before entering this facility, I was still very sick. They called my need for rest "laziness" and my inability to eat solid food "anorexia". They had little to no experience with addicts, particularly heroin addicts. I became dehydrated from vomiting and diarrhea and had to be hospitalized during my treatment. I was accused of trying to get out of the chores and the exercises we had to do. They really had NO idea what to do with me and definitely no clue how to counsel me.I completed my treatment there 3 years ago, so perhaps things have changed. Unless it is EVERYTHING, I suggest only alcoholics attend.

Road to recovrry. It help a great deal.

A good facility, but needs improved holistic offerings.

they taught me what i needed to do. when i was ready i had the tools and now have 8.75 years clean

they keep the family informed with everything going on. really want to help you.

Strengths: Family involvement, continuing care. Weaknesses: Small facility, waiting list. It was helpful but also rushed.

My son says that this is the first program that he has attended (he has been in 5) that he felt staff really cared and it wasn't just a job.

He was ready for treatment.

Within the past two years I have become more aware of the problems with AA and the many alternative approaches to alcoholism. I would like to see much more education, research, and training devoted to the newer information.

Staff cares from their hearts. Staff is a good mix of recovering and non-addicted. 12 Step oriented. Very clear message of recovery.

Best Drug Rehabilitation
  • Exercise Therapy
  • Anger Management
  • Financial Planning Classes
Behavioral Rehabilitation Services
  • All inclusive, executive, luxury rehab facility.
  • Vitamins, Minerals and Amino Therapy