Laureate Psychiatric Clinic and Hospital in Tulsa, OK

Healthy Habit Building
Stress Management
Addiction Education

ABOUT LAUREATE PSYCHIATRIC CLINIC AND HOSPITAL

Laureate Psychiatric Clinic and Hospital is part of Saint Francis, a Catholic, nonprofit health system wholly owned and operated in Tulsa, Okla. It operates one major hospital and five smaller clinics, including Laureate Psychiatric Clinic and Hospital, whose main campus is nestled on 47 acres of rolling hills and countryside 10 miles southeast of downtown Tulsa, Okla. Alongside programs for a wide range of mental and behavioral health disorders, the facility offers medical detox, acute inpatient care, and outpatient programming for adults and adolescents struggling with substance abuse.

According to the facility’s website, Inpatient stays are generally brief. Once clients have stabilized and detox is complete, they participate in individual and group therapy and are introduced to the 12-Steps, all with the aim of helping them to recognize and understand their addiction.

An intensive outpatient program (IOP) — involving 12 hours of programming per week in the morning, afternoon, or evening — is offered as either entry-level or step-down care. The program offers individual, group, and family counseling, and its length varies depending on the client’s needs.

The facility offers a five-week relapse prevention program for those who have suffered relapse or are likely to relapse. All clients, whether they’re at high risk of relapse or not, are invited to participate in a year’s worth of weekly continuing care meetings.

According to the facility’s website, it employs physicians, psychologists, nurses, and licensed therapists and counselors. The eight individuals polled to date on the staff’s level of training and experience gave it a 4.5- out of five-star average rating.

Set on a landscaped campus with walking trails that lead to a waterfall and a lake, the facility’s setting is designed to provide guests with a tranquil and restorative environment for their recovery, the center’s website notes. The eight individuals polled to date on the facility’s cleanliness gave it a 4.25- out of five-star average rating.

Of the seven reviews received by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing, five were positive. Two of the three alumni polled on the center’s treatment for co-occurring disorders gave the center four out of five stars, while the other alum only gave two stars.

An alum, J.M.D., praised the “quality medical and mental health care” and the “safe, nurturing environment,” while J.M. said the facility had saved their life, and praised the “focus on whole-person well being” and “stepdown treatment levels.” A third, anonymous reviewer praised the center’s aftercare program. “They really try to support you even after you leave,” the alum wrote.

Only one individual submitted an outright negative review. “Discharged from the hospital with no skills nor medications to prevent return to abused drugs. Net effect was nothing happend positively. Dr. was ineffective,” H.D.J. wrote. Isolated criticism from other clients cited the brevity of the program, a lack of individual counseling, and the quality of the outpatient support.

Reviews from loved ones were more mixed. Two loved ones gave positive feedback, two provided mixed opinions, and three left negative reviews. There was little correlation between reviewers’ comments, though two individuals praised the “clean, relaxing” physical environment. “The staff genuinely concerned for patient success,” the same reviewer added.

Isolated criticisms cited a lack of communication with loved ones, insufficient time with treatment staff, high costs, and a lack of progress in the client. “I felt they needed to know more on how to deal with problems after coming home,” one anonymous family member added.

The single staff member polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing provided a mostly positive review. They gave the center four out of five stars for its overall treatment effectiveness, five stars for affordability, and five stars for its staff’s level of training and experience.

“Therapy services and Setting were great. Recreation and Lack of holistic care were downfalls. Good crisis care facility, strong referral network, family support,” the anonymous employee wrote.

According to its website, Laureate is contracted with numerous insurance providers, including Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield Oklahoma, Cigna, and United. The eight individuals polled on the facility’s affordability to date gave it an average rating of 3.25 out of five stars.

Updated April 2017

Published on June 2017

The only reason this treatment center was effective is because I am so terrified of going back there that I am hesitant to engage in eating disorder behaviors... I thought most of the staff were very harsh and not willing to accommodate to my personal needs. In one instance, I had already drank my two cups of water, but I needed a little bit more so I could help swallow my carrots that I was eating. The staff members refused to let me have an extra glass of water, which I thought was completely ridiculous. I would not recommend this treatment center for your daughter, and I think that the majority of my fellow patients would agree. My parents said that they regret sending me there. If you are in need of treatment for your child, there are better options to look into. Good luck on your journey and stay safe,

My husband had an appointment at the outpatient clinic and he was running 10 minutes late they cancelled him and told him to reschedule his doctor had a meeting to go to. Keep in mind it was around lunch time. I can't tell you how many times we sat the in waiting room well past our appointment time. We were dealing with a major issue and they DO NOT CARE, after we left they did not even call to check on my husbands well being. One would think a doctor in this profession would take his job a little more seriously dealing with mental illness patients.

Out patient program unavailable. Promised family member meeting with Psychologist and or Psychiatrist before admission and shut us (her children) out and didn't communicate at all. "Doesn't do full psychological diagnosis or evaluations", Psychiatrist "spent 9 minutes " in 5 days with my mother and she complained a couple employees were mocking patients behind their backs. Not impressed.

This was about 5-6 years ago when my sister went. They helped her for most part but really were able to help my parents deal with her and the co-dependacy. The treatment programs were great, the staff was understanding and patient. I'm sure they can only help so much when people don't want help and are forced to go, my sister knew how to play some people there, could get away with some stuff. She did get over her problems eventually but unfortunately played my parents even more after she got out. Wish they would have prepared my parents more for the games she would play. But, for most part She is finally better now but still can play games every now and then. I just went with my parents for a few meeting but I felt they needed to know more on how to deal with problems after coming home and learn to deal with 'threats' the young teens might make when they don't get their way. I don't know how to explain it other than my sister would threaten to not eat and go back into her anorexia if she didn't get her way. My mom especially would give in to her cause she felt like it was her fault and my sister knew she could play her. This went on for about a year til she had had enough and basically called her bluff. They had spent a lot of money on her during this year, not including paying for treatment. So looking back now I don't think they were informed enough of the tricks and threats they might do. But, she is better now and treatment did work.

well organized, great experience in a well maintained facility

Clean, relaxing environment but High cost. This facility was nice and the staff genuinely concerned for patient success.

Good moral support. Treatment is short. They really try to support you even after you leave.

Doctors were a strength of the facility. Cleanliness was a weakness of the facility.

Good group conselling outpatient. No good one on one, no non outpatient. This is a good outpatient program. Group therapy not much one on one unfortunately.

Therapy services and Setting were great. Recreation and Lack of holistic care were downfalls. Good crisis care facility, strong referral network, family support.

Great facility.

Laureate eating disorders program saved my life. There may be better programs for eating disorders out there now, but Laureate is still a life saving program. I miss the support of inpatient. Strengths included the focus on whole-person well being, stepdown treatment levels including Magnolia House (halfway house). Downfalls included the poor outpatient support.

Wouldn't recommend this place. Our friend did well for about 6 months after leaving, but is now still an active addict.

It's okay.

Amazing place with quality medical and mental health care. Provides everything in a safe, nurturing environment.

Sunspire Health Hilton Head
  • Detox
  • Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
Sunflower Wellness Retreat
  • Daily activities outside of the facility
  • Highly experienced staff
  • Exceptional reviews on our website