Lucida Treatment Center – Addiction Program in Lantana, FL

112 North Oak Street
Lantana FL 33462

Lucida Treatment Center – Addiction Program Philosophy

Lucida Treatment Center provides residential and outpatient care for people with substance abuse and co-occurring mental health disorders as well as women with mood disorders. Comfortable accommodations and beautiful views of Florida’s Intracoastal Waterway allow clients to focus on recovery in a private setting. The center offers biopsychosocial assessments, expert psychiatric care, individualized treatment programs, and both 12-step and non-12 step support to ensure that clients learn sustainable recovery methods that work for them.

• Addiction Treatment
    Known for its evidence-based, individualized approach to treatment, clients in Lucida’s addiction program receive highly personalized care in a supportive environment. Underlying issues like trauma and mental health disorders are addressed and clients learn skills needed to succeed in recovery.

• Women's Mood Disorders
    In addition to a substance abuse program, Lucida offers a mood disorders program for women struggling with issues like depression, bipolar disorder and trauma. Women receive comprehensive psychiatric care and engage in therapies that promote physical, spiritual and emotional healing.

12-Step Alternatives

Evidence-Based Therapies

Luxury Amenities

Sergio Muriel, M.Ed, CAP, ICADC

Executive Director

Sergio has over 11 years of experience working in the field of addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders. Fluent in Spanish and English, he has a dual master's degree in education from Florida Atlantic University, specializing in rehabilitation counseling and mental health. Sergio is an internationally certified alcohol and drug counselor and a certified addiction professional. He is also a registered mental health counselor intern, working toward Florida state licensure.

James Snow, LMHC, CAP

Clinical Director

Jim has over 30 years of experience helping people struggling with mental illness and substance abuse. He is a licensed mental health counselor, EMDR practitioner and certified addictions professional. A seasoned behavioral health specialist, Jim’s past roles in the field include executive director, adjunct professor, clinical director, program director and therapist. He earned a master’s degree in counselor education from Pennsylvania State University.

Rehabs.com Editorial Review

ABOUT LUCIDA TREATMENT CENTER

Located by the Intracoastal Waterway in Palm Beach County, Fla., and resort-style setting in a gated townhouse community with marina views, Lucida offers residential and outpatient programs for an adult clientele. Treatment is based on either the 12 Steps or alternative models. Lucida offers safe non-medical opiate detox, diagnosis for co-occurring disorders, and a separate program for women with mood disorders.

Clients participate in programming with highly individualized treatment. Traditional 12-step-based programming is offered, but Lucida also offers alternative programming based on models such as SMART Recovery.

Treatment methods include cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), and eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR). Clients may also participate in individualized therapy sessions twice per week, group psychotherapy, and a family therapy program with loved ones, along many other methods. Lucida also offers holistic treatment methods including yoga, acupuncture, massage therapy, and more.

Lucida’s Women’s Mood Disorders Program treats women recovering from major mental health disorders, including depression, anxiety, trauma, bipolar disorder, and others. An intensive outpatient program (IOP) allows clients to ease back into daily living after residential treatment. Programming includes weekday morning therapy, training on medication management, and help with job searches, resume and interview preparation, and daily living skills.

Individualized treatment is conducted by a team of medical doctors, board-certified psychiatrists, master's- and PhD-level therapists, and a qualified case manager, plus dietitians and chefs. Lucida is accredited by the Joint Commission.

Clients may stay in semi-private or private rooms in townhomes furnished with designer pieces and equipped with modern amenities. Set in Palm Beach County, Lucida experiences year-round temperatures in the seventies on average and is minutes away from beaches, shopping centers, spas, and museums. Luxury amenities include yoga, acupuncture, massage, a swimming pool, gym, and wellness center.

12 alumni polled by Rehabs.com recommended Lucida with an average 4.4 out of five stars to date, rating it highly inaccommodations and amenities with 4.9 stars and treatment effectiveness with 4.2 stars. Alumni comments praised the luxurious treatment from staff and amenities, which at the time of their stays included sailing, paddle boarding, and swimming, although not all services are still guaranteed at this time. Alum Beth wrote: “The staff is wonderful, great therapies that push you to dig deep. Was it difficult yes! But worth every moment.”

Four alumni left negative reviews, leaving sparse ratings and writing about poor treatment methods, an ineffective mood disorder program, and immature treatment from staff. Alum Lisa wrote: “It was like I was in a high end jail being treated like a prisoner. Left after a week I could see this place was a joke after they left me sick for three days n did nothing until I finally spoke up.”

Two loved ones polled by Rehabs.com were split on their appraisals of Lucida. Parent J.H. echoed the positive feedback of many alumni, particularly praising its dual diagnosis, but parent S.M. derided the facility as focusing more on amenities than their son’s treatment, writing: “On the upside, although he is not sober, I do have pictures of him swimming with dolphins. Gee, gosh, thanks Lucida. STEER CLEAR!!!”

Fees start at $33,000 per month for a shared room and $40,000 for a private room, with no minimum stay. According to Lucida’s website, out-of-network insurance is accepted and may cover part of the overall stay.

Updated February 2017

Published on April 2017

Not just a luxurious treatment and recovery center but a place where they get the job done Truly professional and caring medical team with an equally matched therapy team All the tecs are very considerate and helpful I cannot thank 3 staff members specifically enough for helping me restart my new life Very highly recommended for anybody who really and truly wants a second chance at life

They sold this place to my mom as a luxury rehab, which it appeared to be before they took the pictures down of there website because one woman was misinforming people including myself that there was equantherapy with horses, swimming with dolphins, fitness instructors, food nutrisionest, that looking out your window you'd see the ocean, and that they had chefs. All lies.... and they would tell all the clients we were focusing to much on the amenities and not our recovery. Part of my recovery was feeling comfortable and I'm allowed to be privileged my mother was paying the money for it. The first month we didn't go to any outside AA meeting or any ground ones. Last week my blood pressure was at 67 all week and they just handed me a Gatorade . The psychiatrist was never in the building only twice a week and you had to pray you were on a list to see him, besides the fact he's way to qualified for Lúcida they have a registered nurse acting as a psychiatrist. The techs are like children trying to get even with the clients because once upon a time they were drug addicts and now they're not so they feel better then everyone. Specifically one who would get food made for her on the side for her and her wife. Then there's two people who are not professional at all looking at everything from a personal side. The food was literally like school lunch food it was disgusting nothing like what they show on there website it's repetitive all the clients complain about it. All the staff always say to the clients when there's a complaint "take care of it yourself" . I was kicked out of Lúcida because I was on iOP after three months of being there and one the reasons was having my phone out in group which is ridiculous and my angry fits . I went to Lúcida optimistic open minded calm kind and collected and I left full of rage that it vibrates through my body it scares me. They sent me over to a halfway house without me even seeing it literally they told me on a Friday showed me three options and told me Monday pack ur bags I had no clue where I was going. Never will recommend Lúcida ever

I attended Lucdia Treatment Center and was in the Dual Diagnosis Program. I was there months ago but felt compelled to leave a review because I received such good care and I am still doing well from my treatment. I cannot say enough good thing about my time at Lucida. I had a beautiful room all to myself overlooking a beautiful inground swimming pool that I swam in almost every afternoon. (I spent 2 months at Lucida total). My room was quiet and I never needed anything. There was maid service and they could not have been nicer to me. We had a beautiful bathroom as well. Our townhouse ate meals together like a family in our gourmet styled kitchen and the food was delicious and expertly prepared to meet all of the nutritional needs of a recovering person. This would mean high in vitamins, low in sugar. And of course we always drank lots of water. The Doctor on staff was exceptional and almost always there with an open door policy as was the APRN and my therapist was excellent too. In addition to group therapy we attended specialty therapy groups such as psychodrama, DBT, Yoga, equine therapy, music therapy, SMART, as well as biology lectures about addiction and the body. We learned how to take care of ourselves on our own outside of Lucida, including coping strategies, sleep issues, diet and nutrition, friendships and relationships, the importance of routine and exercise, and connection with communities like AA and SMART. Lucida is located in Lantana Florida on the intercoatal waterway and is a short walk to the ocean beach. Every morning at 615 am my friends and I would walk to see the sunrise at that beach with one of the Lucida Techs with us. It was one of the highlights of the day usually and very fun. I still think about those times getting sober with those folks. It was great. I am doing very well today and I can thank Lucida Treatment Center for it.

I was in Womens Mood program. I researched this facility for months, talking to admissions director. He sold me a used car, which is exactly what all patients called him. I arrived on July 11, 2016, and Heck began. This facility is so mismanaged. I was promised no dual afdiction would be involved with women mood, not true, also to be able to get away from smokers, not true, that they have a gym, not true, they have a closet with a few machines. They say they have a private chef, they have a cook which prepares similar meals to a prison. They come in a stirafoam box with your name on it, and they are cold and have been prepated hours befor. Your substatutions are minimal as well as is the menu, and there is never anthing to drink except seltzer water and OJ. They dont keep townhomes stocked, its up to you to go get permission to get anything you need, if they have it, or if they think you deserve it. Rules are different for everybody, no two pieces, but daisy duke shorts, even if they are not excepted on their regulation sheet are tolerated. Smokers takeover patio, no where to escape it except to stay indoors, which is hard, as your in groups in doors all day. Art room is a dirty garage with little supplies and is a mess, no organization. If your in Moods groups there is NO control in groups, wasted time coloring, interuption, etc. You dont get to use phone every day!!! You get every other day, for 15 minutes total. They allow only three people on your call list, and if they decide you have done something wrong, they take those privilages away with no warning to you or the person that is expecting your call. The educational level of therapist and medicational team isnt even close to what they tell you. Dr is smart, but pushes meds, meds, meds! The Dolphin trip is 3 hours away one way. Forced to go to fill in the blank revovery meetings which I attended one that made me so anxious, because of the part of town I was in and the type and level of mental illness that attended off the street. I felt I was in the One Flew Over The CooCoo Nest. I again was in the moods program suffering from Anxiety, great place for me!!! Oh, swimming, no not in a refreshing pool, in a hot tub and only certain times, which is minimal at best. I chose to leave, they made it impossible, I felt captive. They wouldnt allow me phone calls, i am a 57 year old self paying participant. Research and record your phone calls with the staff members during their sales pitch, as its full of deseption. Dont go here, its HORRIBLE, i left more anxious then when I came. I see this can be removed and probably will be, as they certainly dont want anyone to spill the beans! No beach few either, and is in a scary part of town!

Lucida saved my son's life. It is a safe, well staffed facility to help in getting your loved one on the right track. My son agreeing to seek treatment was a step in the right direction but choosing the best facility from the many choices was a very hard decision. By the grace of God we chose Lucida. The staff and the therapists are caring and well trained. My son was admitted due to alcohol and drug abuse, but ultimately they found these issues to be the result of an underlying long term mental health problem. He was prescribed medication to help with these issues as well as receiving treatment for the substance abuse. He is a much happier and well adjusted person now. He spent two months at the facility. I wanted to take the time to write this review because when we were looking for a location for him to be admitted to we were at a loss. We read so many reviews for so many places and I was very grateful to the people taking the time to write them. Every location has good and bad reviews. Lucida is not perfect, but for my son's needs it was wonderful. I recommend Lucida especially if your loved one has dual issues, mental as well as addiction. Be careful as many of the facilities we checked out focus on just the addiction issues and do not address the mental health issues that could be the underlying problem. Good luck and God bless any and all that are dealing with this crisis in theirs lives. Stay positive and keep the faith. Do not give up :)

My time here was life changing, I only wish I could have stayed a little longer. This was absolutely the best thing I ever did for myself. The staff is wonderful, great therapies that push you to dig deep. Was it difficult yes! But worth every moment. I was told early on by an exiting client , I remember being where you are today. I was told to trust the process , use this time to do what is needed for me. Thanks for those words. I opened my eyes and let Lucida lead me to where I am today. Home,is life perfect no, but I know what n how I need to go through my days. Forever grateful

I attended Lucida in Feb. 2015 and it was great at the beginning but towards the end they had tons of double standards. Therapist never checked in with you when you were done. Living situations were amazing but the maids complained about everything we did. Therapy even though they didn't check in with us they had some of the most amazing doctors and staff.

This place is horrible for mood program. It was like I was in a high end jail being treated like a prisoner. Left after a week I could see this place was a joke after they left me sick for three days n did nothing until I finally spoke up. Place is a joke.

Program facilitated good early recovery. Feedback was clear, accurate and helpful. I get a clear sense of the importance of follow-up care and monitoring. The staff I spoke to were professional and knowledgeable.

I went there to attend the mood disorder program. The program was HORRIBLE. This place made me feel worse. It caters to addicts - and the program is probably good for addicts, but it is NOT a good program for mood disorders. This place caused me more anxiety than I had when I first started. They only had one counselor who was very condescending and completely inadequate as a counselor. Many of the good counselors left because they were unhappy with the way the place was being run. The majority of the tech staff was good and tried to be helpful, but their hands are pretty much tied, although most of them do genuinely care. The accommodations are nice, although there were serious mold problems. The only positive thing I can say is that the food was fantastic and the kitchen staff loves what they do. If the program had good counselors and was run better, it probably would have been a good program. For the money, invest in a GOOD therapist and stay in a nice hotel.

I attended Lucida for two months in their mood disorder program. It was one of the better decisions I have made for myself, and although on the expensive side it was worth it. The psychologists they have on staff are wonderful. They have a number of different programs and types of therapy for you to try. It's nice to have someone work with you to figure out what sorts of treatments (therapy, medications, meditation) are best for you. I met some really wonderful people that share my experience of depression/anxiety and it was helpful to communicate and open up to individuals struggling with the same problems. There are some negatives aspects of this program. You really have to want this to work, for it to work. You need to self advocate and not fully rely on staff to push you. There was some disorganization while I attended that was frustrating at times. Some of the lower level staff members were not act appropriate for an employee/patient relationship. But overall, the good far outweighs the bad I would highly recommend this facility for the mood disorder program.

This place is a joke. I sent my son here after much persuasion from his addiction counselor. She touted it as a place that would deal with his underlying issues. He was there for two months. I rue the day I sent my son here. Missed an opportunity to get him into a solid well-respected facility that might have helped him. On the upside, although he is not sober, I do have pictures of him swimming with dolphins. Gee, gosh, thanks Lucida. STEER CLEAR!!!

Disappointed mostly with case advocates and techs. Lacking in formal skills.

Lucida offers luxury accommodations in addition to a wide variety of treatment options. Their luxury comparatives make it a comfortable place to go through rehab. The low client census and good ratio of staff to clients ensure clients get the individual attention they need. The facility offers a variety of treatment approaches (not solely 12-step). So clients can try another approach. The company is a start up so it's still working some things out. Policies and procedures are at times not consistent.

The staff is totally focused on the well-being of its clients. Alumni events are amazing and the facility does its best to foster an atmosphere of recovery even after you leave. Amenities were fantastic and the counseling staff in superb.

Lucida is a world class facility. When I arrived I was treated like a dignitary. They attend to every need that you might have. The Doctors, nurses , specialists, case managers, techs, dietician, maids and chefs...yes world class chefs, wonderful people. Everyone approaches you with true kindness. I arrived there close to death, literally and left feeling alive.They surrounded me with so much personal care and true concern I almost forgot about my detoxing. Five star accommodations, five star staff and five star activities. Surfing, paddle boarding, sailing, dolphin therapy, equine therapy, yoga and more. My family and myself were truly astounded. It is a luxurious facility in a gorgeous setting. with beautiful people that care. I have an addiction that has been trying to kill me for the last 45 years and Lucida taught me how to live life on lives terms without drugs When it was time to leave I wanted to stay. Lucida and God gave me a new life. My last day was both tearful and joyous. One of the technicians drove me to the airport. During our drive he told me how proud he was of me. He suggested that I put the icing on the cake and attend 90 AA meetings in the next 90 days, which I did and continue to this day. He escorted me all the way to the TSA entrance at the airport and asked if he could pray for me and he did. God found Lucida for me and I am so grateful. I am proud to say that on the 21st of Jan. I will have been sober, clean and alive for 1 year.

Lucida absolutely saved my life. The different types of therapy were uniquely diverse and positively impacted my life in ways I never thought possible. Group therapy allowed me to share my feelings in a safe and inspiring way that resulted in gaining understanding of the root of my addiction. I developed such deep relationships with my peers and my therapist and daily experienced what we called "ah hah" moments; moments of clarity and understanding. The living environment far exceeded my expectations of what a drug and alcohol treatment was. The amenities were of luxury standard and made the process of getting sober extremely comfortable. The healthy and balanced diet was prepared daily by a chef and influenced by a certified dietitian ensuring that along with getting healthy mentally and spiritually we also got healthy physically. I can't say enough about the staff. Everyone was very accommodating and was always available to offer advice and help with any issue that the clients have. Along with therapists and case managers always available Lucida has a Recovery Management Coach/Alumni Coordinator ... that helped me with Alcoholics Anonymous step work and became a mentor to me. He was someone else who was always available to talk to me and give me advice from a spiritual perspective The staff at Lucida genuinely cared about my recovery and life long sobriety. Everyone from the maids to the Clinical Director played a part in creating an environment that was peaceful and positive. ...The head psychiatrist created a modality combining psychotherapy and medication that was very effective in relieving my anxiety and helped to bring peace back into my life. Again Lucida saved my life by giving the tools to help build a new and exciting life!

Staying for two months at Lucida was the best thing I have ever done for myself. The incredible array of therapeutic activities and competent staff members made my time there a turbo-charged transformative experience. I did not simply get clean there, I gained abundant spiritual, physical, and emotional strength that I was so sorely lacking. The difference between who I am now and who I was when I first arrived at Lucida is mind blowing. Special accommodations can and will be made by the kind and compassionate staff. Clients have some freedom to dictate their own recovery program (SMART vs. AA) but a gentle nudge in the right direction can always be provided. The help, care, and love I received at Lucida empowered me and provided the spiritual principles by which I am living my life today.

This place save my Life. Every body is so nice and polite especially my 12 step couch - he is awesome! THANK YOU LUCIDA

At Lucida I felt very comfortable and safe. Allowing me to reflect on myself and my issue. When I was at Lucida they helped me stay focused on the 12 step program and finding my spirituality. During this process I discovered a change in me to start living a better life not only free of substance but also a healthier fuller life. A life with meaning and with purpose. I completed my 12 steps while at Lucida and I was allowed to attend meetings regular basis. This combined with the group therapy was very helpful for me. Lucida and their 12 step program and helping me implement them saved my life. Today I am clean happy back at work and living a fuller life then ever before thank you Lucida.

Sunspire Health Hyde Park
  • Individualized Treatment Plans
  • Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
The Recovery Village
  • All levels of care provided in one facility
  • Location