Moundridge Valley Hope in Moundridge, KS

200 S. Avenue B
Moundridge KS 67107

Moundridge Valley Hope Philosophy

Valley Hope at Moundridge provides individualized substance abuse treatment for clients age 16 and up. Treatment services include assessment, medically monitored detoxification, residential and partial/day programs. Therapy offerings include group, individual and family counseling, 12-Step meetings, spirituality counseling, psycho-educational instruction and continuing care strategies.

• Family Drug And Alcohol Rehab Treatment Program
    At the Valley Hope Association we believe that chemical dependency affects the entire family. Family members, and significant others (SO), often need help understanding the disease and what they can do to help themselves as well as the identified drug/alcohol rehab patient. We also believe that the chemically dependent person's best chance for successful recovery occurs when the family member or significant other is involved in the recovery process. We are here to help.

• Drug and Alcohol Rehab Medically Monitored Residential Detoxification
    Medically monitored detoxification services are available at our residential drug rehab centers under the supervision of our consulting physician and professional nursing staff. Each patient is given a complete physical and a lab profile is obtained. A team of nurses provides 24-hour medical observation and assessment services. Medications to minimize withdrawal symptoms are used as part of our treatment regimen when necessary. If there are complications, the patient is referred to a local acute care hospital.

48-bed free-standing facility

Continuing Care

Individual, Family Counseling

Ryan Culver

Community Services Clinician

Ryan is the Community Services Clinician for Valley Hope's Moundridge and Wichita continuum for alcohol, drug and related treatment services. She is a credentialed counselor that received her bachelor's as well as her master's degree from Fort Hays State University. Ryan has been involved in the chemical dependency treatment field since 2006 and has worked for Valley Hope since 2007. She started out as a counselor for Halstead Valley Hope and most recently was the admission's counselor for Moundridge Valley Hope. She's excited about connecting with the community and assisting in need of information on addiction treatment.

ABOUT MOUNDRIDGE VALLEY HOPE

Founded in Kansas in 1967, Valley Hope now operates addiction treatment facilities in seven states: Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Texas. This Moundridge facility is the newest addition to the network. Located 40 miles northwest of Wichita, Kan., it offers medically monitored detox, residential treatment, and day programming for individuals aged 16 and over.

According to the center’s website, the length of treatment varies depending on the client’s needs, but the residential program typically lasts 30 days and consists of 40 hours of programming per week. All programs are individualized, and treatment utilizes a combination of education about the nature of disease and addiction, individual and group counseling, family programming, spiritual counseling, and aftercare planning. It’s also highly based on the 12-Steps.

Family programming at the Moundridge facility is offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays. But regardless of the treatment program, family involvement is encouraged. Even in the day program, which meets for six hours each day, seven days per week, clients can maintain support in their home settings during the evenings.

After a treatment program ends, the facility recommends continuing care, which involves a one-hour group session per week.

Moundridge Valley Hope’s website indicates staff includes state-certified and licensed clinicians. The facility’s website does not provide any further information about staff credentials, but Rehabs.com survey respondents mostly agreed that facility staff are experienced and well-trained.

Pictures published on the facility’s website show a cafeteria-style dining room and simple décor. As the newest addition to the Valley Hope network, the facility is recently built and has 50 beds.

The ten alumni that were surveyed by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing provided mostly positive experiences with Moundridge Valley Hope.

Alumni polled by Rehabs.com generally awarded four- and five- out of five-star ratings in all 15 metrics they were surveyed on, though some gave lower ratings for holistic offerings and counseling options. One alum, Jeff, told Rehabs.com: “The staff was with me every step of the way. The education I received has held me through my rehab and learning this new way to live a sober/clean life.”

Another alum, Dave, wrote to Rehabs.com: “Valley Hope will give anyone who wants to recover from alcohol and drugs the tools and motivation to so so.”

However, some alumni reported more critical experiences. Alex, a Rehabs.com survey respondent, wrote: “Some of the staff was nice although the nurses were very un sympathetic to your situation… I lasted 9 of the 28 days,” and L.A.P. said: “If you like penitentiaries, this place is for you.”

The five loved ones who were polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing also left mostly positive reviews for the center. On average, they gave the center 4.8 out of five stars when asked if they would recommend Moundridge Valley Hope.

While they rated the center’s affordability and holistic offerings the worst, they rated Moundridge Valley Hope well is most of the categories including the staff’s experiences, family participation, and visitor policy.

Their comments noted the “knowledgeable” and “caring” staff. One family member noted: “My brother in law went to this facility… They helped him and gave him the tools to deal with his addiction. At the same time, my sister learned ways that she could help and understand him and also resources to help herself.”

Another loved one wrote: “The counselors and employee's are very nice and accommodating. The programs are well thought out and the security is great.,” however, they also wrote: “The cost is high. If insurance doesn't cover it, it is not affordable.”

According to its website, Valley Hope accepts most forms of private insurance, as well as self-payment. However, there are discounted treatment programs if the client agrees to enroll without the use of health insurance.

Updated February 2017

Published on February 2017

Highly recommend

They don't let you bring your phone at all. They want you to pay 2000 up front just to be treated like a prisoner. And they want you to stay the 30 days so they can charge you more money. They are greedy and the money is not worth it. You have to be rich just to get clean, that's why people stay on drugs. Only go there if you want to be treated like crud and waste a load of money.

This is a scam and the "treatment" is complete bs. This place will waste your money and your time. If you want the best then go to Schick-Shalar Hospital in Seattle, WA.

The staff is knowledgeable. They helped my brother in law deal with his addiction but also helped my sister take steps to help him and herself. My brother in law went to this facility. He was pretty cross that my sister took him, he was under the influence when she did. But he chose to stay when he sobered. They helped him and gave him the tools to deal with his addiction. At the same time, my sister learned ways that she could help and understand him and also resources to help herself.

I entered this treatment center optimistic. I met some nice people. The facility was newer and had a pool table. Some of the staff was nice although the nurses were very un sympathetic to your situation. The chaplains mock your religion as they are agnostic. The whole place smelled like sulphur and the food was less than appetizing. I lost 12lbs in 9 days. Beds were new but less than comfortable. I found it offensive for the chaplain to play "hurt" during chapel. Some staff was very nice, however it was very clear that they wanted you to stay as long as they could get you to stay. Like a business. My counselor didn't even remember meeting me when I went for my 2nd visit. The nurses could not even keep up with the medication they had given you . If you go, bring money for vending and also they will eventually let you leave to go to dollar store, bring your pillow and your own sheets and towels as theirs are not up to par. Bring MP3 player. You can bring your own food and snacks with you also. I lasted 9 of the 28 days they want you to say before I was insulted enough to leave. The detox was a sucsess for me I am still clean, they will force 12 step on you hardcore. Not my style. The other patients were really cool though and I met some good people. I don't see how anyone could stay there 28 days unless the other option was jail. Also bring a phone card if you don't smuggle your phone in. And again the food is like school lunchroom without a semi decent dessert. If you drink coffee or like caffeine bring your own drinks as vending only had caffeine free stuff.

A great facility that is very effective in all ways. I now have five continuous years of sobriety thanks to Moundridge.

A multi disciplinary treatment team approach. Inability to address dual diagnosis issues.

Great staff that have sincere desires to help the whole family heal. As a family member of the addict, my needs and concerns were met. I was also taught how to help him without being the enabler. The facility is fairly new and accommodations are 5-Star!

An overall great facility; however, could have used better counseling options.

Strengths: Food and medicañ treatment. Weaknesses: communications. excellent site that assists.

the counselors and staff are very well trained and efficient. need to hire more housekeeping staff- the one person trying to keep up with the task is extremely overworked. really appreciate what they did for me during my enjoyable stay-would recommend them highly.

I got the same rate as my insurance company since they stopped paying after 5 days. Weekly sessions with a group for 1-1.5 hrs weekly. Valley Hope will give anyone who wants to recover from alcohol and drugs the tools and the motivation to so so.

Caring, professional counselors who have "been there". Very expensive. Valley Hope really gave our family some insight into the issues one of our family members was facing.

If you like penitentiaries, this place is for you.

Caring, professional counselors who have "been there." Valley Hope really gave our family some insight into the issues one of our family members was facing. However, it is very expensive.

I enjoyed the family participation.

My sister was there for an addiction to pills, twice. Each time she was welcomed with open arms and accepted. I attended a family class on addiction and it really helped explain the disease. I would and have recommended this facility to others. The counselors and employee's are very nice and accommodating. The programs are well thought out and the security is great. The cost is high. If insurance doesn't cover it, it is not affordable

A weakness of the facility was how far it was from my home.

This was one of the worst places to send someone with addiction problems. ... I have no idea how they call themselves a treatment center. It is a joke. I picked up a family member and had to take them to another treatment center before they did any more damage.

I am a privileged addict to have been able to attend Md Ridge. I walked in, scared and almost dead, to face my life with a 35 yr addiction. The staff was with me every step of the way. The education I received has held me through my rehab and learning this new way to live a sober/clean life. I am now 15 mths clean. I still feel welcome to return & share with newcomers my experience, faith & hope. Thank you Valley Hope for saving this drunkin & addicts life!

I think Valley Hope needs to be more affordable and also offer more holistic types of therapies to patients while they are detoxing from alcohol and/or drugs, such as massage, acupuncture, exercise therapy.

Sunspire Health Hilton Head
  • Detox
  • Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
Sunflower Wellness Retreat
  • Daily activities outside of the facility
  • Highly experienced staff
  • Exceptional reviews on our website