Narconon Colorado in Fort Collins, CO

1225 Redwood Street
Fort Collins CO 80524

Narconon Colorado Philosophy

Narconon Colorado – A Life Worth Saving is an extensive program that takes an alternative holistic approach to rehabilitation, using our own unique form of cognitive therapy and physical purification.

Narconon® does not utilize traditional treatment methods such as the 12-Step approach. Although the 12-Step approach can work for some people, many addicts report that they do not respond to the 12-Step philosophy. The 12-step approach was developed in the late 1930s by two men, Bill Wilson and Bob Smith and was an answer of sorts, however, it has not proven effective when treating the hard-core chemical addictions of today’s world. The world of the new millennia presents an extremely difficult set of circumstances for the addict; very cheap heroin, extremely potent marijuana, Methamphetamines, powerful and very addictive prescription medications are everywhere and easily obtained. It takes a very thorough approach to shore up the recovering addict against this onslaught, but the good news is that it can be done. Our approach of addressing the addict’s ability to handle life is absolutely necessary, otherwise, he remains a pawn to his impulses and compulsions.

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
    The focus of cognitive behavioral therapy (also called CBT) is helping people to understand the thoughts and emotions that underlie their addiction with the goal of learning new, healthier and more productive ways to understand and express themselves.

• Dual Diagnosis/Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment

The Narconon® Colorado program has a very high (70% +) success rate.

Narconon Colorado is a drug-free program which takes a natural, holistic approach.

The Narconon Colorado program has a full body sauna detoxification removing drug residues that cause cravings and relapse.

Matthew Wiggins

Certified Addiction Counselor

I have been in the addiction field for nearly nine years. I have always had a passion for helping others, but was unclear of how I would achieve this. Narconon was the answer! When I started my career with Narconon I found out very quickly this was my calling. Within the first week of my new career I felt I was already making a difference in the world. I was able to connect with people on a day to day basis and help make a difference in their lives. My career with Narconon thus far has taught me that every life is truly worth saving.

Kyle McPherson

Certified Addiction Counselor

I have worked in the addiction field for four years. I have always wanted to work as a counselor for as long as I can remember. I grew up watching my father and sister working as counselors and knew it was something that I wanted to do. I decided to specialize in the field of addiction after watching a significant number of close friends have their lives taken away or completely destroyed by substance abuse.

ABOUT NARCONON COLORADO – A LIFE WORTH SAVING

Located in Fort Collins, Colo., A Life Worth Saving is a Narconon residential treatment facility designed for adult men and women struggling with chemical dependency. Founded in 1971, Narconon is a non-traditional treatment program inspired by the teachings of L. Ron Hubbard, the founder of the Scientology religion. The Colorado location – A Life Worth Saving – was established in 2008 and offers non-medical detoxification on-site. The facility also offers medical detox off-site to clients when a doctor determines that it is medically necessary for a client's safety.

According to the center’s website, a major component of the residential treatment program is the non-medical detoxification process. The program contends that drug or alcohol cravings are due to residual toxins (metabolites) left by chemical dependency. To that end, clients undergo detoxification through regular sauna sessions and receive high doses of vitamins and minerals.

The center’s website notes the detoxification process “lasts until both the physical and mental pain completely goes away,” but the entire treatment program averages 2.5 to 3.5 months long, but it may take longer.

Once an individual completes the detoxification process, they participate in coursework that is designed to increase life skills, communication skills, and mindfulness. These courses address issues such as living in the past, faulty perceptions, coping, and personal integrity. The twelve-step program is not utilized during treatment.

A Life Worth Saving provides follow-up care for six months after discharge, which involves regular communication with the facility. However, clients are welcome to call the facility after this time is up for any reason. A three-month residential aftercare program is also available for those who wish to complete an internship at the facility. For a fee, alumni receive room and board and train as an intern.

The facility has certified addiction counselors on staff and has at least one person who is CPR trained and certified in the building. Some of the staff members are alumni of the program.

The treatment facility is set near the Cache La Poudre River in Fort Collins. According to the program’s website, the Narconon Colorado facility is a “spacious, modern building,” and clients enjoy a range of indoor and outdoor recreational activities in their free time, such playing sports and watching movies. Published photos also show comfortable communal areas, a fitness facility, and outdoor sitting areas. The five individuals surveyed by Rehabs,com at the time of this writing provided an average rating of 2.4 out of five for the facility’s overall accommodations and amenities.

The one alum who was polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing had a negative experience with Narconon Colorado, and indicated they would not recommend the center.

“DO NOT GO THERE,” alum B.B. wrote. “Insurance would not cover any of it. They failed all important categories and it’s Scientology.”

However, the 43 people who left Google Reviews for the center at the time of this writing, provided a 4.2 out of five star average.[1]

Many alumni praised the staff in their Google Reviews, and some even credited the center with saving their lives. “I was addicted to opiates for 8 years,” Caitlin wrote in a representative review. “Narconon saved my life in so many ways.. The staff is amazing and so very helpful.”

Some individuals did raise concerns about the facility, and compared the center to a cult. “This is a front group for the church of Scientology, which is widely regarded as a cult,” Anthony wrote. “Look at the negative reviews letting you know this, amid all of the fake positive reviews posted by Scientology members.”

To date, the four loved ones surveyed by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing provided very polarized opinions of the program.

Claiming the program misrepresented itself through marketing, T.G., a parent of client, wrote: “Activities advertised were not offered.” Loved one J.J.J. added: “Non professional and like a cult.”

The other two loved ones provided high ratings for most areas of treatment, including staff support and the experience level of counselors. “The program is a well rounded solution not just a bandaid type of program,” Jackie wrote.

CONCLUSION

According to its website, the program accepts most insurance plans, including Humana, Aetna, and Cigna.

In 2012, a local news station reported in that Narconon's Oklahoma location was sued for fraud and wrongful death. The Narconon Colorado facility has also faced multiple lawsuits over the last few years, including one in 2015 from a man who claimed he was held prisoner and forced to practice Scientology.

1. https://goo.gl/5zPCkP

Published on April 2017

I went to Narconon Colorado for an opiate addiction over 8 years ago and have remained sober the entire time. I truly owe my life to the program. When I entered the program I had a strong desire to change my life and through the guidance of the staff and their constant availability to help I was able to work hard and achieve a sober life.

Effective approach, caring Staff, nice accomidations.

I am a former graduate of Narconon Colorado and this program literally saved my life. I have been clean and sober for 3 and 1/2 years from all drugs including prescription drugs! Because of Narconon I have the tools and means to live a healthy, happy, and prosperous life. I have referred others to this program and would do so a million times again. The staff are wonderful and offer a high level of understanding and insight because most have experienced their own struggles with addiction. This program offers a holistic and innovative approach to addiction, a means to truly free yourself and save your life !

Every student I see leave the Narconon program is always so greatful for all of the staff in helping them overcome their addiction.

I have dealt with many other rehabs and I was a bit skeptical on what Narconon Colorado had to offer. But I have got to say this was truly one of the best decisions I have ever made it literally saved my best friends life. She had been to rehab after rehab after rehab and they just didn't work! Narconon was her last chance and boy I wish we had gone here first. She has been drug free now for over a year and the biggest thing is that her cravings are gone. We are so grateful for Narconon. I know that they get some flak because they don't use drugs - but don't listen to that nonsense because Narconon works and I will forever be a believer!

I went through Narconon Colorado in May of 2012 and I am still sober from drugs and alcohol to this day, a little over 5 years later. I liked that the program had an alternative approach to dealing with addiction than the traditional 12-step model. The sauna program helped me feel better physically than I had felt in years and I realized a lot of things about myself and why I resorted to substance abuse while I was going through the life skills courses. The staff was all very helpful and caring. This program helped me regain balance in all aspects of my life and gave me the tools to live a productive and meaningful life that I no longer want or feel the need to escape.

OMG!!!! Brainwashing cult!!!! BEWARE!!!!

I went through the Narconon Colorado program back in 2012. I can proudly say that I have been sober for nearly five years and live a very blessed life. I was able to go back to college, get married find a job I love and get married to the love of my life. I would highly recommend this program.

The staff here have all successfully graduated this longterm residential treatment facility so they really understand this program. This program is highly individualized and you're there as long as it takes, literally! Some graduate in 4-5 months, while others it takes a year. And I love how they give its graduates a support lesson for the first 6 month post graduation, and if you relapse during that time, they'll admit you back in FREE! To me, that speaks volume of their confidence in their program for longterm sobriety.

Non professional and like a cult. Narconon is a bad choice with poor outcomes

DO NOT GO THERE. Insurance would not cover any of it. They failed all important categories. Did not experience after care, no counseling, no real testament. ...

LOTS OF MISINFORMATION TO FAMILY MEMBERS... Activities advertised were not offered. My active role in the recovery were lots of phone calls and encouragement.

The staff really care. The program is a well rounded solution not just a bandaid type of program. They just wanted space to handle it without everyone being involved.

The Raleigh House of Hope
  • Experiential and Recreational Learning Activities
  • Trauma Focused Therapy
  • Family Education and Support
Alpine Recovery Lodge
  • Beautiful Scenic Utah Mountains
  • Treatment options tailored to individual needs
  • Nature & Experiential Therapy