35 Hillside Road
Barryville NY 12719

New Hope Manor Philosophy

New Hope Manor is committed to offering high quality, research-based substance abuse treatment services that are sensitive to the individual needs of each woman. We respect the dignity and uniqueness of every woman who seeks our help, and strive to enhance the personal growth and development of those we serve. We offer a program designed to promote greater self-awareness, self-respect, and self-worth, as well as the ability to care for oneself and to enter into positive relationships with others.

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
    The focus of cognitive behavioral therapy (also called CBT) is helping people to understand the thoughts and emotions that underlie their addiction with the goal of learning new, healthier and more productive ways to understand and express themselves.

• Individual Therapy
    This term describes one-on-one therapy, in which a patient and trained counselor, social worker, psychologist or psychiatrist meets privately with a patient to discuss challenges related to lifestyle, work, family and romantic relationships that may have contributed to the development of an addiction.

G.E.D. Classes

Business Courses

Mother's Issues Group

Rehabs.com Editorial Review

ABOUT NEW HOPE MANOR

Located in Barryville, N.Y., New Hope Manor offers an intensive residential treatment program exclusively for women. Treating both chemical dependency and co-occurring mental health issues, New Hope Manor assists adults, adolescents, pregnant women, and women with children under the age of three. Detox services are not available on-site. Nearby in Poughkeepsie, New Hope Manor also has a less intensive program for women, which it calls its community residence.

Treatment is individualized and the length of stay depends on each client’s needs. The program combines 12-step principles and cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT).

Clients participate in individual, group, and family therapy, along with educational seminars and relapse prevention groups. The program also offers vocational training (e.g. computer courses and career planning), assistance with spiritual development, and opportunities for leisure activities, including art, music, and knitting.

Unique to New Hope Manor is its focus on childcare and the maternal bond. An on-site daycare facility provides a safe, interactive environment for young children while their mothers participate in programming. There are also mother-child bonding groups, parenting-focused therapy sessions, parenting education classes, and prenatal care and postnatal care.

There is currently no information provided on the facility's website or otherwise regarding its treatment staff.

The 48-bed residence is set in a peaceful, rural area overlooking the Delaware River. In addition to bedrooms, a large dining room, multiple living spaces, and a kitchen, the facility also has a medical office, a computer room, and laundry facilities. Other amenities include a swimming pool and a tennis court.

In reviews posted to Rehabs.com, several former residents described New Hope Manor as life-saving and praised the staff. “They treated me with respect. They treated me as if I mattered. I came to them angry, hurt, lost, bitter and pregnant… Words cannot say enough. I love this program,” an alum wrote. Another alum, Denise, wrote, “Very intense therapy & long-term is what I & most addicts need to truly change their unhealthy views towards themselves & life overall. Staff were caring & professional.”

An additional alum surveyed by Rehabs.com gave high four- and five-star ratings for the effectiveness of counselors, overall accommodations, quality of meals, and the availability of leisure activities. “Great program; great counselors, a lot of faith and programs,” Christina commented, adding, “I would recommend this program for young women when there in their early stages of addiction/alcoholism.” She did, however, rate the program only two out of five stars for its policy on connection with those outside the facility.

Loved ones generally had positive feedback for the facility, noting that the program was highly effective, encouraged family participation, and included quality accommodations. When asked to rate, on a scale of one to five, whether they would recommend the facility, two loved ones gave five stars. “Caring well managed and organized,” an anonymous loved one wrote. In contrast to alumni who praised staff, however, several family members complained about the staff. One complaint from an anonymous reviewer was that there was “not enough trained staff,” while another loved one, I.P., described a rude phone encounter.

Citing an excellent administration and a high standard of care, a former staff member named Jane gave the facility five out of five stars for all metrics except three stars for protocols training. “During my employment at this facility, I was treated with kindness and respect,” she wrote, “I was encouraged to support the clients and get to know them.”

According to the website, New Hope Manor’s intensive residence program accepts private insurance and Medicaid.

Published February 2017

Published on April 2017

New Hope Manor saved my life. Very intense therapy & long-term is what I & most addicts need to truly change their unhealthy views towards themselves & life overall. Staff were caring & professional. They I owe my life to the program.

I called as a mother concerned. The young lady was extremely rude. First she told my daughter wasn't there. Then she asked me I was told she could not deny or confirm if she was there so I knew she was there. I said I wanted to send a Christmas present to my daughter she said I suggest you send it somewhere else. I was also going to donate things. She talked to me like I was dirt. There are ways of saying things and ways of not to say things. What a disgrace.

This program saved my life when they were in garrisonville, i think, ny. Never touched a drug after I left. They saved my life hope they can do the same for you.

When I was in treatment 16 years ago it was the best decision I have ever made. New Hope Manor changed my whole life. They treated me with respect. They treated me as if I mattered. I came to them angry, hurt, lost, bitter and pregnant... Words cannot say enough. I love this program.

Great program; great counselors, a lot of faith and programs. They teach how to live a sober life. Weaknesses possibly nurse level. This place really helped saved my life. It was a sacrifice I had to make in order to stay sober. God definitely had brought me here. I would recommend this program for young women when there in their early stages of addiction/alcoholism. I believe they will have a better chance.

careful organization on a daily basis, encouraged family participation, caring attitude but firm rules but not enough trained staff. a long term complete care facility that gives those seeking treatment an opportunity to find their inner strength to resist the pull of addiction as well as a plan for employment and educational opportunities

During my employment at this facility, I was treated with kindness and respect. I was encouraged to support the clients and get to know them. i also had a good rapport with staff! I feel this is a fine facility!

caring well managed and organized, weaker counselor staff. provides a long term solution complete with hard work as well as discipline to re motivate those with issues

Sunrise House