Ohio Addiction Recovery Center in Columbus, OH

727 E. Main Street
Columbus OH 43205

Ohio Addiction Recovery Center Philosophy

At Ohio Addiction Recovery Center, our clinical approach is to provide intensive services in a supportive, welcoming treatment program staffed by experienced, compassionate experts who are dedicated to the success of our clients.

Each individual comes to us with their own unique set of strengths and challenges. Our approach builds on those strengths and teaches tools and strategies to navigate and overcome the behaviors and habits that have been holding them back.

Our primary goal is to help those we serve to achieve abstinence and long-term recovery from alcoholism and substance abuse. We know that addiction and co-occurring disorders take a heavy toll on the individual. For many of the people we treat, substance abuse has been a way of life for years, often as early as childhood. This leaves them feeling hopeless and demoralized. There is often a belief that the problems they face are insurmountable and that things won’t get better. We aim to help each and every person we work with to move past this hopelessness and into a new life full of possibility. This happens through healing and learning a new way of life.

• Individualized Treatment
    Some facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.

• Holistic Therapy Approach
    In the most general terms, an holistic treatment center features programming and services that treats the person as a whole being and takes into account the mental and social factors that cause illness as well as the physical factors. The experienced treatment staff and health professionals that use holistic treatment methods use natural healing therapies to remove toxins from a person’s body with or without the use of medications. Through these natural and time-tested methods, it is believed those with substance abuse issues can face the underlying physical, mental and spiritual struggles that led them to addiction and can work to achieve total harmony of the body.

Transitional Living

High Success Rate

Transportation Provided

Amy Miller, LISW-S, LICDC

Clinical Director

As clinical director and a practicing clinician, I strive to empower the client to find strength and hope for recovery while inspiring hope and compassion in my coworkers and staff. I discovered a passion for the chemical dependency field during my undergraduate degree and pursued it throughout my education and career with perseverance. After graduating from Tiffin University with a Bachelors of Arts with a certification of Addiction Counseling Education, I earned a Master’s degree in Social Work focusing on clinical practices. Later, I obtained a mental health licensure as Licensed Independent Social worker with Supervisor designation (LISW-S), and a chemical dependency licensure as a Licensed Independent Chemical Dependency Counselor (LICDC). My specialties include chemical dependency treatment, assessments and diagnosis, cognitive behavioral therapy, strength based therapy, motivational interviewing, solution focused therapy, schema therapy, crisis intervention, individual and group therapy, adults and adolescents, and I have recently started working in Equine Assisted Therapy, Recreational Therapy and EMDR therapy. I have worked in inpatient and outpatient settings working with adolescents, families, and adult individuals. I started with Ohio Addiction Recovery Center in June 2015 as the Clinical Director. Our philosophy focuses on utilizing clinically tested and evidence-based interventions when working directly with clients, as well as maintaining the highest standards of care throughout the entire agency.

Mark Messer, LSW

Primary Therapist

Mark is a native of Columbus, Ohio. In 2014, he graduated from The Ohio State University with and Undergraduate degree in Social Work. He is a Licensed Social Worker (LSW) and specializes in chemical dependency counseling, adolescent therapy, family dynamics, and strength based therapy. He started with Ohio Addiction Recovery Center in October 2015, shortly after opening. He has recently started working in Equine Assisted Therapy, and Recreational Therapy. I He believes in putting his heart and soul into savings the lives of every client he comes into contact with.

Rehabs.com Editorial Review

ABOUT OHIO ADDICTION RECOVERY CENTER

Located just outside of central Columbus, Ohio Addiction Recovery Center provides a full continuum of treatment services for individuals struggling with substance abuse and co-occurring mental health disorders. Utilizing a clinical approach, the center offers residential treatment, intensive outpatient treatment (IOP), outpatient treatment (OP), and sober living arrangements. Medical detox is also available on-site.

Upon admission, each client is paired with a primary therapist who performs a thorough assessment, the findings of which help to determine an individualized treatment plan. If medical attention for withdrawal symptoms is required, the client may begin their treatment with medically monitored detox, which typically lasts for seven to 10 days.

Individuals with severe addictions are encouraged to enroll in the month-long residential program, while clients looking for step-down treatment or more flexible care may opt for outpatient or intensive outpatient treatment. The duration of intensive outpatient treatment is 30 to 60 days, and standard outpatient clients may remain in the program for up to 90 days.

The center’s programming draws upon 12-step principles, and clients can expect a mix of individual counseling, group counseling, addiction education, and workshops that address life skills and overall wellness. Treatment modalities also include cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), process therapy, holistic therapy, recreational therapy, and non-traditional therapies, including ropes courses and equine therapy.

The center offers a 3:1 staff-to-client ratio. According to the facility’s website, the staff has over 20 years of combined experience in the addiction treatment field. Key staff members include therapists, a licensed social worker, and medical staff trained to administer the detoxification process.

The facility’s website depicts clean, simple accommodations and a home-like living environment. Clients share bedrooms and have access to furnished common areas and gym equipment. Individuals who complete treatment are eligible for up to six months of sober living support.

Each of the seven individuals surveyed by Rehabs.com who identified themselves as alumni had only positive things to say about the center’s staff and treatment effectiveness. Multiple alumni characterized the employees as “caring,” and J.B.S. praised the center’s community, which they described as stronger “than any other program I've been in, which has been key to my recovery.” More than one alum expressed appreciation for their new tools for lasting sobriety. “They made me grow up and realize I want more out of life then getting high. I can honestly say they saved my life,” Jordan wrote.

The only negative commentary came from E.B., an alum who found the program itself effective, but encountered bed bugs while residing in one of the center’s sober living facilities. “Again I restate the program is amazing, but unfortunately the living situation messes with my attempt at sobriety quite heavily,” they wrote.

The three loved ones polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing offered only praise for the facility, its staff, and treatment. H.R.S., a grandparent of a client, specifically noted the mix of “excellent therapy” and “plenty of fun activities.” Heather, a client’s mother, found the staff to be particularly helpful and compassionate. “The entire team of OARC was dedicated to him and to our family, nurturing and guiding us through this process that we were so uncertain of,” she wrote. Lastly, T.S., who sought care for their son at other centers, credited the facility’s staff for their son’s sobriety, referring to them as “angels for addicts.”

The two Rehabs.com survey respondents to date who identified themselves as staff members shared positive reviews of their employer. “Simply being apart of this place gives me the drive to want to be a better person, and impact as many lives as possible,” Z.D. wrote. “It is truly an honor to be associated, and employed by OARC.” R.B., who, at the time of this writing, noted that they were in recovery, described the treatment environment as “safe,friendly, and caring.”

Treatment is priced at $500 a day, $15,000 a month, and $40,000 for 90 days. Private insurance plans are accepted, including those from Aetna, United HealthCare, and Cigna. Some financial assistance is available to those who qualify.

Updated September 2016

Great place to get the tools you need to live a sober life. The staff are awesome to work with. Just a great program all around,i would highly recomend it to anyone serious about starting the road to recovery.

Ohio addiction recovery center is where I learned how to live life, be independent, build relationships, and grow with a sober community and being able to continue doing those things all while staying clean/sober! I highly recommend this program for ANYONE struggling with drugs and alcohol. I've established a new sober and happy life and I give it ALL to this program!

Grandson went through program. It has been the only rehab that has been effective. Their combination of excellent therapy along with plenty of fun activities to show them life could be very good without drugs. He knew the staff really cared about him. I believe they saved his life.

The program in this facility is amazing, I'm currently enroled in it. As far as recovery goes I would recommend everyone with issues like me attend here. Once out of the treatment house I would definitely not recomend living in their sober houses. 2 of them are infested with bed bugs. I can't sleep most nights because I can feel them crawling on me or biting me. The house has been treated many times, it's not as if the problem is being ignored. But in saying that, the house was treated. Yesterday and I woke up this morning with 38 new bites and seeing them crawling on my roommates bed. Again I restate the program is amazing, but unfortunately the living situation messes with my attempt at sobriety quite heavily. I can't say how much longer I'll live here but I will not quit this program, it's the only good thing I have left in my life. Without it I would be in jail, an institution, or most likely dead. Thank you OARC

I have been an addict for over 7 years, been in and out of treatment centers and about a year ago I found Ohio Addiction Recovery center and it changed my life. I have been clean now for going on 10 months thanks to OARC. I was sent out of State to 5 different facility and not one of them really worked for me. My mom found ORAC and this was the best thing that has happened to me. They have a great staff that really cares and takes the time with you. They made me grow up and realize I want more out of life then getting high. I can honestly say they saved my life. I would recommend this center to anyone that needs help.

Our family struggled with the issue of addiction for about 5years, it was a scary 5 years!!!! We never knew when the phone call would come. But when we heard of Ohio Addiction Recovery center the family called right away. Now just to let you know our son had tried other places and for some reason it didn't work for him.(not to say they were bad, just didn't work for him)But when we talked to Ohio Addiction Recovery Center it sounded like a dream come true!! So our son went there!! ( he was ready to beat this addiction) He is now over a year clean!!!!!!! He has a great job,new car,his own appartment and let's not forget a bank account!!! He also works to save life's for people that suffers from addiction!!! We are so proud of him!! God works in mysterious places and this place is one of them!!! I call the people that work at Ohio Addiction Recovery Center "angels for addicts!! Thank you all!!!

OARC is such an amazing community and program, it positively impacts everyone associated with it. As an employee, and recovery addict myself, I not only look forward to working with people who are struggling with the same disease that i suffer from, but in turn, this program helps me stay sober and become a better person as well. Simply being apart of this place gives me the drive to want to be a better person, and impact as many lives as possible. It is truly an honor to be associated, and employed by OARC.

OARC is a very effective and unique long-term treatment program. This is derived it its ability to phase their clients back into "reality", while also providing a treatment program that is personally tailored to each one of its clients. The effectiveness and uniqueness of OARC does not come from the information taught, but rather the people associated with the facility. The community built, and maintained is the heartbeat of OARC; it is this very factor that has allowed Ohio Addiction Recovery Center to have such a high success and satisfaction rate.

Amazing program!!! Amazing people involved with it.. Only thing that's helped me stay sober

For me Ohio Addiction Recovery Centers was an absolute life saver for my beloved son. We had tried many other treatment options and plans with little or no success. My son was hesitant initially; however the CEO of the company was absolutely amazing and showed such compassion and willingness to help educate my son of the possibilities that could happen with treatment through OARC. Thankfully, my son agreed and it has been absolutely amazing!!! My son completed the treatment program and continued on to the sober living program. Throughout all of this the entire team of OARC was dedicated to him and to our family, nurturing and guiding us through this process that we were so uncertain of. Words cannot convey my gratitude for this program! And BEST of all......I have my beloved son back!!!!! Thank you Ohio Addiction Recovery Centers, keep up the terrific work!

O.A.R.C. has a stronger community than any other program I've been in, which has been key to my recovery. The staff treats each and every client as an individual rather than a number. I've now completed O.A.R.C.'s program and have the longest clean time I have ever had!

I enjoy working for Ohio ARC. I've been fortunate to so see several gentleman get a new start to life.

There is a great sense of community and caring at this facility not found anywhere else.

Ohio Addiction Recovery provides the tools necessary to stay sober before leaving. They help build a strong foundation for you in recovery, which is vital.

I'm a behavioral health tech for the Ohio Addiction Recovery Center. I also lived in one of our sober houses for over a year. I can personally say the sober living experience is one I will always hold dear to my heart. I was able to put my recovery first while working on the other aspects of my life ie. Building a solid support group of sober men in the community, as well as friends from sober living I now consider family. The affordable safe and nice living conditions also helped me adjust to my new lifestyle of recovery, as I became a productive member of the community. One thing that stands out is they offered transportation to and from work. Until I was able to get my license back and get a vehicle as well. OARC opened after I was already living in the sober house so I did not go through the program personally, but as a behavioral health tech who's on the front lines and involved with many aspects of the program. It's an awesome experience our entire staff from clinical down to the techs. It's a family unit we all love and care for our clients as if they were our own family. We get to know each of them personally which allows us to meet each clients needs discreetly and personally. Through my experience as an addict / alcoholic I can better relate to what they are going through and help them with anything I can. As well as plugging them into the local recovery community to help build their own sober support group. Which is vital to maintaining sobriety. We also teach them how to have fun in sobriety and enjoy all sorts of activities. In closing we offer a safe,friendly, and caring environment while placing the clients recovery first and foremost.

OhioARC has very active and invested councillors and staff. The setup of the residential program encourages community and responsibility, and is something I have not seen before in Central Ohio.

OARC is staffed with knowledgable and caring proffesionals. This isnt the first recovery center I have been to, but thanks to everyone at OARC it is the last. I honestly believe OARC has saved my life. I met several great people during my time at OARC, whom which are now a part of my recovery. At OARC I was provided with the tools needed to have a lasting and effective recovery.

Ohio Addiction Recovery Center is the real deal. The program they have put in place, really made the difference for me. OARC saved my life. I honestly dont know where I would be had I not made the decision to go. The real difference maker though, was how educated and caring the staff was. From the owner down to the therapists, and behavior health techs. They did everything in their power to help. I would recommend this place to anyone struggling and looking to change their life.

Arrow Passage Recovery
  • Dual-Diagnosis Treatment
  • Bio-Sound Bed
  • Body, Mind & Spirit Healing
The Ridge Ohio
  • Specialty in discreetly treating executives and professionals
  • Serene 51-acre estate