Quality Behavioral Health, Inc. in Detroit, MI

751 East Grand Boulevard
Detroit MI 48207

Quality Behavioral Health, Inc. Philosophy

At Quality Behavioral Health, Inc., we believe that substance abuse patients should be treated with unconditional positive regard. The patient needs healing and attention to many areas, especially the physical, mental, spiritual and social areas of their lives. An individualized treatment plan is designed to provide the right combination of support to help the person learn to live life sober and happy. Many of our treatment services offer a group setting and environment, so that the individual spends time with other people affected by the same chronic disease and problems. We see our patients as human beings with an illness not a moral deficiency and provide support in a loving and caring environment.

• Dual Diagnosis/ Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
    The focus of cognitive behavioral therapy (also called CBT) is helping people to understand the thoughts and emotions that underlie their addiction with the goal of learning new, healthier and more productive ways to understand and express themselves.

Recreational Therapy

Stress Management Programs

Family Therapy

ABOUT QUALITY BEHAVIORAL HEALTH, INC.

Set in a basic red brick building three miles northeast of downtown Detroit, Quality Behavioral Health, Inc. (QBH) offers residential and outpatient substance abuse treatment for adults, including individuals with co-occurring mental health disorders. Sub-acute detoxification services (specifically medication management) are available on-site. The organization also has two other locations: a 24-hour facility with Spanish and Arabic services, and an outpatient clinic above the popular restaurant Fishbone’s in the city center.

The residential program typically lasts 30 days and includes individual counseling, group therapy, addiction education, stress management programs, family therapy, and 12-step support groups. Psychotherapy and medication management are also available for clients who have received a dual diagnosis.

Family therapy begins later in treatment, provided that the client and the counselor agree that it will be helpful. Other treatment modalities include cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and motivational enhancement therapy (MET).

Clients participating in the intensive outpatient program (IOP) receive much of the same treatment package as residential rehab clients. There are also general outpatient services that are available by appointment.

A medical doctor and nursing staff oversee detox. Other treatment team members include addiction counselors, a spiritual counselor, and a recipient rights advisor.

There is currently no information provided on the facility's website or otherwise regarding its living arrangements and related offerings.

At the time of this writing there have been seven alumni who have been polled by Rehabs.com Alumni reviews are decidedly mixed. A number of former clients complained that the facility was dirty and run-down, including Amy who gave Quality Behavioral Health, Inc. a one- out of five-star rating for treatment effectiveness, accommodations & amenities, and meals & nutrition. “This program was disgusting,” she said. Amy, who’s between 18 and 25 years old, attended the facility due to a family intervention. The client entered rehab for substance abuse and stayed for less than 14 days. Amy. has been out of the facility for over 12 months, completed treatment successfully, and did not enter sober living after treatment. The client’s treatment was funded by various sources and Amy did not agree when asked if the facility was worth the cost. Amy relapsed after leaving the program.

R. also called the facility “disgusting,” and told Rehabs.com they were surprised it had not been shut down.

Other former clients praised the facility and its program. Stephanie, an alum polled by Rehabs.com, gave the facility five stars for treatment effectiveness, accommodations & amenities, and meals & nutrition, writing: “Excellent treatment center and excellent caring friendly staff.”

C.R. recommended the facility, giving it five stars for treatment effectiveness on Rehabs.com. “I loved QBH they helped me so much. I was able to get clean and stay clean,” they said, adding: “Not only that but they helped me get health insurance a job my license and get my life together period.”

At the time of this writing there are 13 Google Reviews. On the facility’s Google Review page, which may be managed by the facility, one former client wrote, “QBH is one of the best facilities I have ever been to. The program is unlike any other and truly offers people a way to rebuild their lives.”1

According to the website, Quality Behavioral Health, Inc. accepts most private insurance plans. HealthGrove reports that the facility also takes Medicaid and Access to Recovery vouchers. 2

1. https://goo.gl/EZJ4v3
  2. http://treatment-facilities.healthgrove.com/l/5736/Quality-Behavioral-Health-Inc-QBH

Updated February 2017

Published on February 2017

Quality behavioral health saved my life!! The program works, if you put in the effort. I have been clean and happy for some time now. So much so that I don't want to leave. Qbh has my best interest in mind and will help me in any way possible. I can't say enough good things to come to the one who is serious about recovery, and QBH IS THE PLACE TO START !!!!!!

This place is disgusting. The facility, the people, the food, everything about it is the worst. But if you want to never do drugs again this place will burn it's self into the depths of your mind a Stark image of why you should never do drugs. I stayed 90 days and due to my experience this place is I don't ever see myself going back. Unorganized, nasty food and Detroit's worst. But on the bright side, if you can live in bandos and starve for days due to drugs or alcohol this place will be cake. F.y.i. your stuff will come up "missing" or "lost" but that's just the nature of the best. I am glad I went here. If my first time in rehab was easy idk where I'd be. So thanks for that. I guess.

Unbelievably horrific experience. If you truly need help, opt for some Obamacare and go to an actual treatment facility with staff that will treat you with dignity and respect, feed you food versus slop, care about your mental health...that isn't so cheap that their staff is grossly underpaid, mad & take it out on their patients, that also isn't so cheap that they don't even provide paper towel in the bathrooms or yell at you for using too much toilet paper the staff is scared to ask the boss for more...I would highly recommend anyone to go ANYWHERE else if you really need help, especially if you also have a mental illness (ie Depression) as this place couldn't care less. Quite frankly, I'm AMAZED this place is even legally in business & who treats their patients so horribly. Bring ear plugs if you don't want to get a migraine due to the staff yelling...

Terrible for long term, but its detox is okay, if you can put up living there 5days.

Not a very nice place to be!

The staff was rude! I was treated like a second class citizen! Dirty! The staff DOES NOT know the meaning of compassion, understanding or patience!! HORRIBLE PLACE!! When I left I could not get my phone or money! Had to come back the next day!!

DO NOT GO THERE! I did a 60 day treatment plan there and can attest that there are roaches, there are bed bugs. In addition, the place might as well have a revolving door. On the first of the month, that place clears out quick when people get their welfare or SSI checks and the same people come right back! They don't care about the patient, they care about the non stop money they're getting from insurance companies, especially the state! I only saw a counselor maybe twice the entire time I was there. Then, out the door I went after 60 days with nothing but a certificate in my hand. No plan for treatment once out... Nothing. Because I "lived too far away to have to come back to them for outpatient". They told me to find an outpatient doc that could prescribe suboxone and get on that treatment as it was my best option. HAH! Not one treatment center near me is accepting patients. I find a doctor that set up a contract, drugs tests monthly and at random that is very strict and actually cares. DO NOT GO TO THIS PLACE & FIND A PLAVE THAT CARES, THAT WILL SET UP OUTPATIENT CARE AND SET UP TREATMENT PRIOR TO YOUR LEAVING THEIR FACILITY.

I am surprised this place hasn't been shut down by now. Disgusting facility, even more disgusting is the individual who runs the place. This should be very LAST on your list of choices!

Excellent treatment center and excellent caring friendly staff. Was there in July 2013 and it helped me. I have now been clean a little over 2 years. Would recommend to any body with a drug problem.

I loved QBH they helped me so much. I was able to get clean and stay clean. Not only that but they helped me get health insurance a job my license and get my life together period. I highly recommend them. The staff was friendly. If you have any issues they were taken care of. They helped me save my life and address all of my problems. I couldn't be more grateful.

This program was disgusting. I actually don't know how the state let this program remain open. At the time which was 10 years ago it was unclean in my room alone we had 12 beds. In a detox room! with no a/c! I am actually in a treatment program now in Detroit and I have been clean for 2 years! ( a different one). I don't believe they are actually out to help anyone but collect peoples money!

A Forever Recovery
  • Self-Help
  • Native American
  • Buddhist 12 Step
Inspire Recovery Centers
  • Optional 12 step meetings
  • Holistic Program (massage, accupuncture, yoga, reflexology, fitness education, nurition)
  • Fun-in-Recovery activities