Recovery House, Inc. - Serenity House in Wallingford, VT

Group Therapy
Individual Counseling
Educational Groups

ABOUT RECOVERY HOUSE, INC. – SERENITY HOUSE

Located in the rural Vermont town of Wallingford, Recovery House, Inc. offers a comprehensive continuum of care for adult men and women struggling with substance abuse. Serenity House is the facility’s residential alcohol and drug treatment program, which also offers on-site detox services, including medically assisted treatment for alcohol, opiate, and benzodiazepine withdrawal.

Treatment at this facility is based on the 12-Steps and designed to teach residents how to maintain sobriety by relying on a network of community-based support systems. All treatment plans are individualized, use evidence-based therapeutic practices, and vary in length depending on the client's needs.

Clinical services include medical assessments, individual and group therapy, addiction education, on-site 12-step meetings, and family counseling. Loved ones may also visit clients on the weekends.

Clients who graduate the program but still need supervision can enroll in extended care at Grace House, the facility’s 12-bed sober house.

Serenity House is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). The center's medical director is a physician, and staff are available 24/7.

This is a 24-bed facility. Families may visit on Sunday afternoons.

Alumni reviews for Serenity House are mostly positive. Former client T.E. gave the facility five stars in every category, including treatment effectiveness, staff support, and accommodations and amenities. The alum told Rehabs.com: “I felt very safe and comfortable at this treatment facility. I had to go there 3xs for 21 day stays to help me with alcoholism. All of it was helpful to me, the staff is very respectful and understanding. I have been able to stay sober for 6 months again and my life has improved so much."

Elsewhere, an anonymous former client wrote on Citehealth: “I attened Serenity House in October of 2009 and it probably saved my life! Everyone there is wonderful and would recomened it to anyone."[1]

And the facility received two five-star reviews from former clients on Google, including Nick who said: “This a wonderful nonprofit organization helped me tremendously and I am proud to say I am a drug free addict thanks to the careing staff of the serenity house."[2]

According to the website, Serenity House accepts Vermont Medicaid and some private insurance plans. Sliding scale fees are available to clients without insurance, and the facility also has a grant from the State of Vermont’s Division of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Program, which can provide assistance based on income to residents of Vermont.

Updated April 2016

1. http://citehealth.com/reviews/2813

2. https://www.google.com/search?q=This+a+wonderful+nonprofit+organization+helped+me+tremendously+and+I+am+proud+to+say+I+am+a+drug+free+addict+thanks+to+the+careing+staff+of+the+serenity+house&oq=This+a+wonderful+nonprofit+organization+helped+me+tremendousht

Published on March 2017

Unless you are ordered to be there and aren't too serious about your recovery, I would go anywhere else. Cheap.

I felt very safe and comfortable at this treatment facility. I had to go there 3xs for 21 day stays to help me with alcoholism. All of it was helpful to me, the staff is very respectful and understanding. I have been able to stay sober for 6 months again and my life has improved so much. Rehabs are excellent, they are the first step to getting help for yourself and knowing you're not alone and how to cope with life without using drugs or drinking

New England Recovery and Wellness
  • Massage and Chiropractic Services
  • Trauma, EMDR, Cognitive Behavioral Therapies
  • Holistic Treatment Program
Sunspire Health Spring Hill
  • Individualized Treatment Plans
  • Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)