Recovery Institute of America in San Juan Capistrano, CA

(5 of 5)
30552 Hilltop Way
San Juan Capistrano CA 92675

Recovery Institute of America Philosophy

Recovery Institute of America is committed to helping every person who walks through our doors find freedom from their addictions and begin the path to happiness.

• Holistic Therapy
    Facilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.

• Group Therapy
    Recovery Institute of America provides a comprehensive range of group therapy opportunities with themes including psycho-education, process groups, experiential therapy, and more. Residents learn core concepts in addiction and engage in hands-on, evidence-based interventions.

One-on-One Therapy Sessions with Drug & Alcohol Counselor and Psychologist

Career, Résumé, and Financial Planning

Beautiful Oceanside Facilities

Dan Chapman

Executive Director, CADAAC, CIIM

Dan Chapman has been instrumental for the recovery field over the past 20 years in California. He was one of the first people in California to open a social model detox. With over 20 years of experience in the drug and alcohol rehabilitation field, Dan continues to help patients from all over the country achieve long-term sobriety and happiness. He has worked and opened many treatment centers both in and out of California and remains one of the industry's treatment leaders.

Dr. George Tucker

Clinical Director, Ph.D., ABPP

George H. Tucker, Ph.D., ABPP is a licensed psychologist who has practiced for the past 35 years in various inpatient, outpatient, and residential treatment settings. He has over 30 years of experience with patients who have co-occurring disorders of alcohol or substance abuse and a mental health condition. In 2003, Dr. Tucker was awarded a Diplomate in Behavioral Health from the American Board of Professional Psychology. Specifics of his prior experience and publications can be seen on the attached Vita.

Rehabs.com Editorial Review

ABOUT RECOVERY INSTITUTE OF AMERICA

Based in San Juan Capistrano, Calif., Recovery Institute of America (RIOA) provides a variety of services for individuals struggling with substance abuse and co-occurring disorders. The coed, luxury facility offers medically assisted detox, residential care, partial hospitalization (PHP), intensive outpatient treatment (IOP), standard outpatient treatment (OP), and sober living. Specialized services include faith-based treatment programs and couples’ rehab.

RIOA’s approach to treatment is highly individualized and non-punitive; the center’s Facebook page promises effective treatment delivered in an environment free of shame, guilt, and judgement.[1] Clients who are experiencing withdrawal symptoms at the time of admission may begin their stay with medically monitored detox. Suboxone maintenance is also available to individuals with opioid dependencies.

Intensity and duration of treatment varies from client to client, but all participants receive counseling and education founded in 12-step principles. Treatment includes individual, group, and family therapy, and on-site staff utilize a variety of therapeutic modalities including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), art therapy, and medication management.

RIOA’s programming emphasizes overall wellness and mindfulness by offering clients spiritual guidance, meditation sessions, and classes on relaxation and healthy living.

The center offers a 3:1 staff-to-client ratio. The treatment includes two clinical psychologists.

RIOA’s luxury facilities can accommodate up to 30 clients at a time. Comfortably furnished common areas feature airy, modern architecture, expansive views of the California countryside, and stone fireplaces. Both shared and private bedrooms are available, and clients have access to on-site swimming pools and fitness equipment. Gourmet meals are individualized, and pets are allowed on-site.

Alumni reviews of this facility are overwhelmingly positive. The six former clients surveyed by Rehabs.com gave perfect, five-star reviews in almost all evaluated categories, including the program’s exercise and leisure options, family participation, counseling options, and affordability. Alumni characterized the center’s staff as “AMAZING” and “the best,” and multiple respondents reported finally achieving success after multiple attempts at sobriety. “I was glad that they had dual diagnosis because I had not treated my long-term anxiety and PTSD properly and figured out that was one of the major reasons behind my use,” Michael wrote.

The center’s holistic offerings received an average rating of 4.83 stars, and some alumni expressed appreciation for the variety of treatment modalities. “I am the type of person that loves yoga and art, so I was thrilled by all of the creative arts therapy sessions that were provided!” Georgina told Rehabs.com. When asked how likely they were to recommend the facility to others, survey respondents provided five out of five stars.

Only one reviewer provided a negative assessment of their experience at RIOA. Michael described the center as “a joke,” claiming that staff members “don't care about any of their clients if they're not getting paid from the insurance.” The facility issued a response, suggesting that they often provide financial assistance for those without benefits.

Bradley, the one staff member to submit a review to Rehabs.com, was complimentary of RIOA’s programming and his colleagues. “There isn't a single staff member who works for us that isn't committed to our patients, their recovery, and their success in life after they leave treatment,” he wrote in his five-star review.

The center works with most private insurance companies, including HealthNet, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Humana, and Aetna. Additionally, financial assistance is available.

Updated January 2017

[1] https://www.facebook.com/RecoveryInstituteOfAmericaRehab/

This place is the best. First time in treatment and it was a wonderful experience. One of the guys is a little crazy but n a good way lol. The staff is the best. Thank you all so much

My name is Brad and I work at Recovery Institute of America. I can personally attest that there isn't a single staff member who works for us that isn't committed to our patients, their recovery, and their success in life after they leave treatment. Everybody has a different experience, and comes from a set of circumstances that nobody but them will ever know in full. This is the foundation of our no judgement, no shame, no guilt philosophy. To us, what matters is not what has happened in the past, but doing everything within our power to make the rest of the patients life a success. We don't just get people sober. We get them back into a life that they can be proud of. We help every step of the way, from detox all the way to resume building for when they are finally ready to reenter the world as a sober, empowered, purpose driven success story.

I have been in to many so called luxury rehabs to count. Recovery Institute of America is different. They actually care and understand my needs and what is was and am going though. There is No Shaming, No Guilt, No Judgement, Only Recovery. I thought that was just a sales pitch. Turns off that's the basis of their program. I was told upon enter that this my recovery. I didn't understand what actually that meant until around day 40. That's when I got it. I had been completely involved in my treatment planning and I was directing my individual counseling sessions. I was being heard! I was not rushed through my detox. I detox nearly painlessly. I learned how to process my feeling. I can't say enough about how great the staff, facility and treatment is. This is a must for anybody that's suffering with addiction.

The facility had AMAZING staff that truly cared about getting people sober. The program had a lot of different activities and varieties of therapy that helped me to get clean for the first time in over 12 years. I wish I was allowed to stay in the program a little longer. I didn't think that I was ever going to get sober, but this program completely changed my life. I had a hard time deciding if I had an issue or not, but when I reached out to Recovery Institute of America, they didn't put any pressure on me and expressed how they would love to help. Going to Recovery Institute of America was the best decision I ever made.

This place is a joke. Total rehab mill. Literally don't care about any of their clients if they're not getting paid from the insurance. Total waste of time and benefits. Save your son or yourselfs recovery and stay away from here. Might as well be referred as a relapse company

Michael, I'm sorry you feel that way. Seeing as many of the clients we have in our program we have not been paid a dime for, and will not be paid for, I'm not sure how you can come to this conclusion. We allow all of our clients to stay up to and beyond 90 days, even though their insurance often cuts them off as early as 30 days. The truth is the owners and staff all care so much about the patients that it is often to their financial detriment.

I flew from Maryland to Orange County California to go to treatment at Recovery Institute of America. I had heard great things and was desperate enough to try anything to help me with my drug addiction. I was glad that they had dual diagnosis because I had not treated my long-term anxiety and PTSD properly and figured out that was one of the major reasons behind my use. Recovery Institute of America helped me learn how to deal with life on life's terms again!

Thank you for the kind words! You did an amazing job while in our program and don't doubt big things in your future on your road to staying sober!

This was my 6th rehab and I honestly went into it not fully wanting to get sober. After meeting with my therapist, I was finally able to feel comfortable enough to open and up look at what my real issues were that were causing my drug use. The therapists at Recovery Institute of America were the best and made my stay life-changing!

We are glad to hear that our program made the difference in your recovery! Thank you very much for the kind words, we wish you the best going forward in your recovery!

I traveled from Texas just to come to this program and it didn't disappoint! I credit where I'm at today because of the things I learned while at Recovery Institute of America. Absolutely one of the best programs in the nation. Without their help, I would still be struggling with my alcohol problems feeling hopeless. Please reach out to Recovery Institute of America if you are having any addiction issues!

Great program.

Thank you!

I couldn't believe how amazing the treatment center was at Recovery Institute of America! I am the type of person that loves yoga and art, so I was thrilled by all of the creative arts therapy sessions that were provided! It didn't help me realize what I love to do in my life and help me figure out who I am as a person again!

Thank you for the kind words! We love our creative arts therapy as well and were glad to hear that you enjoyed it so much. We wish you the best going forward on your road to staying sober!

The house was amazing at Recovery Institute of America! I was able to get my life completely turned around while I was there, but the best part is the after-care support they provide! The after-care has made all the difference in helping me to stay sober!

Thank you for the kind words! We loved having you in our program and wish you the best going forward!

My wife and I came through the program and absolutely loved Recovery Institute of America! We were surprised and thankful they took couples! I highly recommend Recovery Institute of America!

We are very glad to hear that we were able to help both you and your wife get sober! We love helping couples get sober together and get their relationship/family back. Good luck with everything in the future!

Great food, great program, great people, great staff! Highly recommend!

Thank you for your contribution to our program while you were here! You were a great client and we wish you the best on your road to staying sober!

Recovery Institute of America was amazing! Loved it!

I had an amazing time at Recovery Institute of America. I never thought I would be the person that overcame my drug addiction, but I'm proud to say with the help of Recovery Institute of America I am clean today. I feel like I have my life back!

Thank you so much for your kind words!

I was really skeptical about going into treatment, but a friend had recommended that I check out Recovery Institute of America. I was really hesitant, but once I saw the facility and the type of staff Recovery Institute of America had, I felt right at home. I highly recommend Recovery Institute of America to anyone that is looking into treatment centers.

Thanks for your kind words and for recommending us to friends or loved ones! We really appreciate it and are glad to help!

I had an amazing experience with Recovery Institute of America. I was coming down real bad when I first got there, but I was so happy that they offered a medically assisted detox. It helped a ton in giving me motivation to get through the first few weeks. I also loved that Recovery Institute of America offered family support groups. When I was deep in my addiction, I had completely ruined the trust of my family. Slowly with each new family session, I was finally able to repair my relationship with family and have their support as I start my journey in sobriety. Thanks Recovery Institute of America!

We feel honored to have been able to help you better your situation with your family. We know how big of a part recovery family plays and are glad our family support groups made a difference in your recovery. We wish you the best going forward!

Recovery Institute of America was the first treatment center that I have been to that actually made a difference in my life! They weren't like the other treatment centers I had been to in the past that were all about the money. The Recovery Institute of America staff genuinely cared about me and every other client that was in treatment while I was there. If I could give 6 stars, I would!

We are glad to hear that we ended up being the recovery center that made the difference in your life! We wish you the best going forward in your recovery!

I tried so hard to find a good drug rehab that took couples and was am so grateful I stumbled upon Recovery Institute of America. My spouse and I had tried to get sober together a bunch of times in the past, but with the help of Recovery Institute of America's program, we both are proud to say that we are clean and sober today! I wish I would have found Recovery Institute of America much sooner!

We are glad to hear that you and your spouse had such a great experience with us. You both did a great job in our program and don't doubt you will do amazing things with you and your family in the future!

I loved everything about Recovery Institute of America! The staff, the program, the variety of therapy, the food, the activities, literally everything about Recovery Institute of America was great!

Thank you for choosing to program with us! We wish you the best going forward!

If you are looking for a treatment center that continues to show you amazing support once you leave, you need to check out Recovery Institute of America. Not only did Recovery Institute of America help get me sober, but they also had a very strong after-care support to KEEP me sober. If you are serious about wanting to be drug and alcohol-free, then Recovery Institute of America is the program for you!

Thanks for staying with Recovery Institute of America! We wish you the best going forward!

Recovery Institute of America is the best treatment center I have ever been to! I never thought I could achieve long-term sobriety, but Recovery Institute of America taught me the tools I needed to stay sober through any situation life throws at me. Please call them if you have any loved ones that are struggling with addiction.

Thank you very much for the kind words! We wish you the best going forward on your road to staying sober!

Get Real Recovery