2829 West 13800 South
Bluffdale UT 84065

Renaissance Ranch Philosophy

Our approach to recovery is based on the original 12 Step Program. What makes Renaissance Ranch unique is that we incorporate cutting edge research in to our recovery system. Research that has been carefully vetted and confirmed by our experience with successful recoveries. This means we supplement the 12 Step Program with several different types of therapy including: experiential & adventure therapy, group sessions, and also family therapy resources. We also offer medically assisted detox and recovery options for individuals that meet certain criteria.

• Individualized Treatment
    Some facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.

• Process Abuse Treatment
    Not all addictions involve mood-altering chemicals. The term “process addiction” describes the unhealthy use of behaviors (including eating, gambling, sexual activity, shopping, internet use, etc.) that has spiraled out of control and into the realm of addiction.

Lifetime Contract

90 Day Intensive Outpatient

A+ BBB Rated

Lee Williams, LCSW, SUDC

Clinical Director

Lee Williams, LCSW, SUDC is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Substance Use Disorder Counselor. He graduated from the University of Utah with a Master’s Degree in Social Work and a Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology with Certification in Criminology and Corrections. He is currently working on a Master’s Degree in Public Administration. His professional experience in the field of addiction has been centered on mental health and forensic social work. Lee has actively worked in a 12-step approach to the treatment of substance use disorder for over a decade. In addition to his love for working in the field of addiction, Lee’s greatest joys are in his experiences as a husband and father.

Kris Groves, ASUDC

Programming Director

Kris is a Advanced Substance Use Disorder Counselor and has been working in the field of substance abuse since 1996. Kris is the Program Director for Renaissance Ranch. She has worked in general outpatient and intensive outpatient programs. As a volunteer for the Family Home Evening Program at the Utah State Prison, Kris educates women about addiction and recovery. She has been certified as a DUI instructor for the State of Utah. Kris has worked as an anger management specialist and workshop presenter for addiction education. She also presents workshops on addiction and recovery in smaller communities in Utah and Idaho. As a family systems specialist, Kris works specifically with the shame-based family system model that addresses the family needs as well as the needs of the client. Kris’s passion and commitment for people and assisting them in their healing and recovery is a great joy for her.

Rehabs.com Editorial Review

ABOUT RENAISSANCE RANCH

Renaissance Ranch offers addiction treatment in line with the beliefs of the Church of Latter-Day Saints (the Mormon Church). The organization has programs for men and women, yet this facility in Bluffdale, Utah, offers gender-specific residential and outpatient care only for men who are struggling with addiction — as well as co-occurring disorders. Medically assisted detox is not available on-site. A women’s only program is offered at a sister facility called Therapia for Women.

Treatment starts with a thorough assessment. If clients require detoxification services, they will be referred to appropriate programs. The program lasts a year: 60 days of residential treatment, followed by 120 days of continuing outpatient care.

Treatment is based on the 12-Steps and uses the Therapeutic Community Model, but Renaissance Ranch points out that it supplements 12-step work with experiential and adventure therapy, plus group therapy and a family program. Therapeutic modalities include cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and animal therapy.

Aftercare provisions include the aforementioned general outpatient care, plus an active alumni network. Alumni are subjected random drug tests. It is highly recommended that clients move into a transitional living or sober living facility after completing the program.

Successful graduates may return at no extra cost should they relapse.

According to the facility’s website, staff includes an MD board-certified in addictionology, a clinical psychologist, licensed clinical social workers, and nurse practitioners.

This is a 27-bed facility with semi-private rooms. According to the facility’s website, the grounds include a basketball court, fire pits, three stall horse barn, and a running track, plus a separate workout and sauna building.

To date, Rehabs.com has received only one alumni review and it was overwhelmingly positive. The reviewer gave five out of five stars in nearly every category including treatment effectiveness, holistic offerings, connectivity, counseling options, use of the 12-Steps, treatment of co-occurring disorders, the staff’s level of training and experience, and affordability. Only for accommodations and meals, the reviewer gave four out of five stars.

On Google, the facility has an average of 4.2 out of five stars based on 18 reviews.[1] Alum Clint wrote: “The Ranch literally saved my life and taught me how to begin loving myself again. I will be eternally grateful for my experience and the life long relationships I have built.” Negative reviews were critical of Renaissance Ranch’s commitment to using Latter Day Saints teachings as the sole basis of treatment.

The overall sentiment is mixed, based on the five reviews received by Rehabs.com. Most felt the program overall was good, clean, and helpful for their loved one, but affordability was mentioned. In a representative review an anonymous loved one wrote to Rehabs.com: “My loved one was able to get the help he needed to help stop his addiction.”

Renaissance Ranch offers finance options through third party vendors, such as Prosper Healthcare Lending.

Updated February 2017

1. https://goo.gl/fKXDfa

its just like every other 12 step program, the only difference is they dont let you smoke or drink coffee and the outpatient program is a joke

This place is so messed up. First of all, don't expect a spiritual environment, let alone truly LDS. Second, one staff member is a weirdo. You won't get any private counseling for the first two weeks. They can say whatever they want, even if it's completely false. This is not a supportive environment. People really just go through the motions.

Strengths: The overall success depends on the participant Weaknesses: I think there needs to be more focus on productivity and accomplishments rather than meditation and recreation.

Renaissance Ranch is home for me. I came here over three years ago broken and on the verge of giving up on life. I learned to love myself and be comfortable in my own skin. Most importantly I learned how to live life sober. Today I have relationships with other people in sobriety that mean the world to me. Everyday I talk with at least one brother that I went through house with. In total there are still 10 out of 18 brothers from my time in house that are still sober. I always hear people talk about odds and at this place there are no odds, you learn to stay sober and can if you want it.

The Ranch changed my life! I attended Renaissance Ranch over 3 years ago. It is definitely one of those you get out what you put in type of programs, just how recovery is, and how it should be. I was at a point of desperation in my life and tried so many times to do it on my own and after I failed repeatedly, I was finally granted the humility and realization that I needed help. My family had been looking at the Ranch for quite some time. Originally from Albuquerque, NM I flew out to Utah and checked in at the Ranch. Here I am 3 years later, still in Utah, still sober, and in active recovery! I owe a lot of it to the foundation, tools, and program that the Ranch provided. I am still connected with a lot guys that I went through with and with guys who have attended, and are still attending the Ranch currently. The comradery here is unreal and all are people who have gone through, or are going through the same thing. I am not alone, and I never was, thank you Renaissance Ranch and staff. Much love for all of you.

Before I entered Renaissance Ranch, I attempted to stay sober on my own every possible way I knew how. I was at an all-time low spiritually and physically. While I was a resident here, not only did I find the tools necessary for long term sobriety, but had many deeply profound and spiritual experiences. My family enjoys having me around, I have great relationships with others in recovery and most important of all, I am content and at peace with the way my life is today. I owe it to the Ranch and the 12 steps. Miracles do happen.

Life-changing is the only way to describe my experience at Renaissance Ranch. I was broken and exhausted when I showed up at the front door but I walked out with something I hadn't had in years, hope and a new love for myself. My addiction to drugs and alcohol had taken over my life and distanced me from friends and family. I learned to be the husband, and father, I always wanted to be by taking my addiction head on with the help of the therapists and the brotherhood. The Ranch broke the isolation that was caused by my addiction. It opened a whole new world of love and connection with my brothers at the Ranch. I had been through several other programs in the past but at the Ranch I was able to break through my denial and embrace a new way of living. Today I engage the world from a place of worthiness and a deep sense of love and compassion for myself and others. There is not a day that goes by that I don't use something I learned at the Ranch these many years later. It holds a special place in my heart, an experience I will never forget.

Everything about this program works. I would not recommend anywhere else. The twelve step program makes for easier transition to recovery after we graduated. The family group was also very helpful to me and my family.

The ranch saved my life, it's as simple as that.

This place is the best. Saved my life. Taught me how to grow up.

This place changed my life and the lives of my entire family.

Authenticity was a strength. Location could've been better. Special.

Helped my loved one with abuse problems. My loved one was able to get the help he needed to help stop his addiction.

Good holistic offering at an affordable price

Clean facility, but not very affordable

Renaissance Ranch is awful. On their website if you click the "About Us" link at the top you'll read the following: "Renaissance Ranch is a Utah rehab that uses an LDS (Mormon, religious based rehab) addiction recovery program. We use the traditional 12 Step approach to treatment combined with Gospel Principles as they relate to alcohol and drug addiction. We believe that true recovery includes spiritual healing. It has been our experience that this approach has proven to be the most successful. We ask that all clients seeking treatment at Renaissance Ranch be open to this aspect of their addiction recovery. Individuals seeking treatment at Renaissance Ranch are not required to be active members of the LDS (Mormon) faith or any other denomination." I was one of twenty plus clients, the sickest clients get the most attention. The counselors are rigid and the focus is centered more on working the 12 steps and group therapy compared with individual counseling. Approximately 60 percent of individuals suffering from Addiction also have psychological mental health issues. Individual counseling and attention are essential to helping people suffering from mental health issues. Treating addiction and all of the issues causing addiction at the same time and in the same setting are essential. This place cannot provide that. I am religious and believe in God, but individual counseling and evidence based therapy are the key to successful recovery, not faith and 12-steps.

Our program price includes an entire year of treatment. We are a 90 day residential followed up by 90 days of intense out-patient and then another 6 months of general out-patient. That actually puts us far below most treatment center pricing with the exception of state funded programs. Insurance options are available which also significantly reduce the out of pocket expenses.

Overall a good program.