Siena/Francis House - Miracles Treatment Center in Omaha, NE

Client & Family Support Groups
Individual Therapy

Rehabs.com Editorial Review

ABOUT SIENA/FRANCIS HOUSE MIRACLES TREATMENT CENTER

Operating since 1975, Siena/Francis House is Omaha’s largest homeless shelter, providing food, clothing, and case management outreach to men and women in need. The organization’s Miracles Treatment Center offers residential treatment to individuals over the age of 19, and focuses on substance abuse, co-occurring mental health disorders, gambling addiction, and eating disorders. Detox services are not offered on-site.

To be admitted to Miracles, clients must commit to a minimum of 120 days of residential treatment, participate in job training programs, and provide 40 hours of weekly service to the Siena/Francis House shelter.

The recovery program is 12-step based and utilizes trauma and evidence-based treatment modalities such as dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), Seeking Safety, eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR), and grief recovery.

Clients work their way through three distinct phases while in residential treatment. In Phase one, which is a minimum of 90 days, clients are required to attend individual therapy, participate in group counseling sessions, and fulfill obligations of the job training program. Family counseling is also available. In addition, residents must attend five community 12-step groups weekly and obtain a 12-step sponsor.

Phase two follows an open-ended timeline, and clients are allowed to enroll in school or gain employment, but must continue to fulfill treatment obligations. During phase three, clients are required to obtain full-time employment and make arrangements for healthy, independent living after treatment. They may stay in the Miracles Treatment Center for one additional month to save money and find suitable living arrangements.

Aftercare counseling can be arranged on a case-by-case basis once the client has left residential treatment. Miracles also offers an alumni group.

There is currently no information provided on the facility's website or otherwise regarding its treatment staff.

There is currently no information provided on the facility's website or otherwise regarding its living arrangements and related offerings.

At the time of this writing there have been two alumni survey response received by Rehabs.com. One anonymous alum gave the facility a five- out of five-star rating for accommodations & amenities and a two- out of five-star rating for meals & nutrition. This former client has been out of the facility for over 12 months, completed the program successfully, and entered a sober living environment after treatment.

This former client gave the facility a three- out of five-star rating for accommodations & amenities, and a two- out of five-star rating for meals & nutrition.

Another anonymous alum gave the facility a five- out five-star rating for accommodations & amenities, and two out of five stars for meals & nutrition.

She agreed when asked if the facility was clean and well maintained; if the facility was affordable; and if the facility staff were experienced and well trained.

When asked about strengths of the facility, she wrote “Availability of Meetings at the facility and off.” When asked about the facility’s weaknesses, she wrote “My councilor was unavailable the 6 weeks I stayed. I feel that was very detrimental. No explication of what was expected after giving me a schedule. I had never been to treatment an was not at all familiar with any part of what was expected not how to read my schedule. .” She added, “It seems of the people I know that completed the program, it has been effective.”

The shelter as a whole received 57 five-star reviews on its (vetted) Facebook page, including praise from former clients like Arlo. “I went to the Siena Francis House with nothing but a few things to wear, I was broken, No car, No job, no place to stay in,” he wrote. “They put me in the Miracles Program, took some classes, and it didn't cost me anything. Given me a donation car, i had a place to stay till i got a job lined up, saved some money and found a place to stay in. I am forever Grateful for what they done for me!”[1]

A former resident surveyed by Rehabs.com gave the facility four stars for treatment effectiveness, noting that the program’s work therapy component was extremely beneficial.

Treatment is offered at no cost to clients, who pay their way by working at the shelter.

Updated February 2017

Availability of Meetings at the facility and off. My councilor was unavailable the 6 weeks I stayed. I feel that was very detrimental. No explication of what was expected after giving me a schedule. I had never been to treatment an was not at all familiar with any part of what was expected not how to read my schedule. It seems of the people I know that completed the program, it has been effective.

Went to a half way house for 3 months after I left.

Sunflower Wellness Retreat
  • Daily activities outside of the facility
  • Highly experienced staff
  • Exceptional reviews on our website
Midwest Recovery Centers
  • 20 hours of outpatient group weekly
  • Recovery tailored to each individual
  • Long term, multi-phasal treatment