Stout Street Foundation in Commerce City, CO

Individual Sessions
Relapse Prevention

Rehabs.com Editorial Review

ABOUT STOUT STREET FOUNDATION

Located near Denver, Colorado, Stout Street Foundation implements the 12-Step program in both options of their intensive residential treatments. The facility offers a two to three year inpatient program and a 28-day intensive residential treatment for adult men and women.

Their 28-day intensive residential treatment, the Serenity Program, is for adult men and women. They also offer a strict, two to three year long-term rehabilitation program. Their website states that upon admission, men will have their head and facial hair shaved and will not be allowed to wear watches, wallets or cologne. Women are not permitted to wear jewelry, makeup or perfume. Those who break rules or are dishonest about legal, mental, or medical issues may be removed from the program. All participants are required to work.

Aside from a ten-minute phone call, residents are not permitted to receive phone calls, mail, or visitation during the first 90 days. After one month, children can visit their parents.

Treatment plans will be customized with a counselor.

Stout Street foundation staffs aftercare and family counselors and social workers. A Board of Directors oversees the foundation.

Information about accommodations at Stout Street isn’t available on the facility’s website, but staff and loved ones gave high ratings. The few photos available show a small garden, swimming pool, and a shared room.

Alumni polled by Rehabs.com gave positive responses. Alum Mario wrote that the staff is “fantastic” and “The place saved my life.” Michael added, “After having been unsuccessful in my recovery following many other treatment attempts, Stout Street helped me address the issues that caused my use and develop healthy habits to give me a solid foundation for recovery. I would recommend the program and refer regularly from the agency I work at currently.”

Reviews on third-party sites add further positive responses. The sole review on Yelp said: “Stout Street Foundation helped me save my life. I completed the therapeutic community and my quality of life has improved 1000 times over since graduating in February 2015, and continues to with every day of recovery.” [1]

LeAnne wrote on Google Reviews: “This place helped me save my life. I was going nowhere in a big hurry. I was looking at a 4yr - 12yr prison sentence after 12yrs of addiction. I had lost everything & everyone. Yes, it confronts the crap out of you & it's not for everyone, but I was determined to grab onto sobriety with both hands.”

However, Troy on the same site was not as pleased with his treatment. “I recently was at Stout Street and left for relapse. Upon review of my stay there (82 days) I am mixed about treatment there. I loved making me responsible for mistakes I made. I also agreed other's perception is very important and that I may pay for how another person may perceive my actions. The darker part of my stay is many there come from terribly abusive pasts , as have I. I believe many people, including staff, may be beyond repair and remain abusive with treatment tactics with as desire to break people down and unable to help rebuild them. The public shaming, shaving heads and isolation tactics are not for all people.”[2]

Loved ones praised Stout Street overall, giving high marks to staff, affordability, accommodations, and counselling. M.P. wrote: “My daughter has struggled with addiction for years. This facility has helped her focus on sobriety but also learn how to work on past trauma and establish tools to be successful in the community.”

Another anonymous loved one responded, “Helped my niece when other facilities could not.” Loved one Cheryl wrote,“This program offers help to those ready to change but more importantly the length of stay is long enough to reach those that are proficient in the 30 day rehab fix and return to using as soon as they are out. 2 years is enough time to really find recovery.”

Stout Street doesn’t list financial information online, but alumni and loved ones rated affordability with five out of five stars.

Updated December 2016

1. https://www.yelp.com/biz/stout-street-foundation-commerce-city

2. http://bit.ly/2gCfHtT

Published on April 2017

Peer run. Length of stay allows real recovery. This program offers help to those ready to change but more importantly the length of stay is long enough to reach those that are proficient in the 30 day rehab fix and return to using as soon as they are out. 2 years is enough time to really find recovery.

Free, commitment to success if you want it.centeraly located. Goal to help people helping people. Not enough donations from the public for ADLS,cothing,toiletries,ect..... ,not enough apprenticeship positions for job Training skills, You learn peple skills, and how not to be selfish, and to give back ,and forgive yourself for past mistakes and short commings, and to respect others a love ones self, and confront your demons and problems without anger.

Helped get my niece clean and gave her a new lease on life...Hard to get into Helped my niece when other facilities could not.

Confrontational therapy is used as a behavioral modification model in order to address the problems that addiction is a result of. However, Length of time commitment (2 years) was a downfall. After having been unsuccessful in my recovery following many other treatment attempts, Stout Street helped me address the issues that caused my use and develop healthy habits to give me a solid foundation for recovery. I would recommend the program and refer regularly from the agency I work at currently.

Staff are highly supportive in CTS treatment and target realistic goals. My daughter has struggled with addiction for years. This facility has helped her focus on sobriety but also learn how to work on past trauma and establish tools to be successful in the community.

The staff are fantastic! However, it is not a dual diagnosis facility. This place saved my life.

The facility is community based. The cost is the willingness to get clean. After 90 days family can have visits.

Helping people help themselves

The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake
  • Our luxurious accommodations & amenities nurture our patients physically, spiritually and emotionally
  • Set against a beautiful backdrop of mountains and lakes, TRVPL offers true serenity
  • TRVPL is a premier treatment facility for adults who struggle with addiction & co-occurring mental health disorders
The Raleigh House of Hope