Tranquility Woods in Pasadena, MD

(5 of 5)
171A Ryan Road
Pasadena MD 21122

Tranquility Woods Philosophy

Tranquility Woods uses a blend of the most effective and successful techniques when treating substance abuse and mental health concerns. Our program combines Holistic Medicine, Conventional/Western Medicine and the 12-step philosophies to create an individualized treatment plan for our clients. We believe drugs and alcohol are not the root or cause of addiction, that there is usually an underlying issue resulting in the desire to use. Within our program a client will receive between 5-8 hours of individual counseling a week. One on One therapy is the cornerstone of our program and we strive to provide more of this much needed individualized time then most other treatment programs. Our belief is that when this issue is not addressed it will cause success to be short-lived.

• Aftercare Support
    Addiction recovery does not end with discharge after completing a rehab program. Facilities that offer aftercare planning and/or support work with patients to ensure sustainable recovery by helping to plan and make arrangements for transitional or sober living, help with housing, vocational counseling, etc.

Weekly family program

30-60-90 day programs available

We work with most insurance providers

ABOUT TRANQUILITY WOODS

Situated on 23 acres of protected woodland near Baltimore’s Inner Harbor, luxury rehab Tranquility Woods is residential rehab center for adults faced with substance abuse and co-occurring mental health disorders.

Tranquility Woods uses the 12-Steps as the basis of its well-rounded, holistic program. Clients stay at the facility for a minimum of 30 days, but 60- and 90-day stays are also available.

With a promised minimum of five hours of individual therapy each week, plus more than 35 hours of group and holistic therapies, treatment programming is extensive. The facility makes use of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and, for those with dual diagnoses, dialectical behavior therapy (DBT). Medications are also prescribed, where appropriate.

Holistic and experiential therapies afford clients opportunities for yoga, acupuncture, massage therapy, equine therapy, meditation, and hypnotherapy. In addition, all clients meet with a nutritionist to ensure they continue leading healthy lives after leaving treatment.

Seeing family involvement as central to any client’s successful recovery, the facility holds weekly family education and therapy sessions. Aftercare provisions consist of referrals to outpatient and relapse-prevention programs close to a client’s home.

The facility’s webpage boasts of “a multidisciplinary team of highly qualified licensed professionals,” though it provides no further details on staff credentials.

Photos published on the facility’s webpage show a grand building with lavish furnishings and private bedrooms with four-poster beds. The facility has a capacity for 13 clients and a staff-to-client ratio of 4:1. Amenities include a natural saltwater pool, fire pits, and a hot tub. Clients may also enjoy massages and sauna sessions, and per the facility’s webpage, all clients receive cooking lessons during their stay.

With descriptions of the facility as “wonderful,” the staff as knowledgeable and kind,” and personal experiences here as “life changing,” feedback provided by a group of eight alumni is excellent. “From top to bottom this program blows them all away, No other program was able to touch my PTSD. This place saved my life!” wrote former client p, who attended five other treatment facilities prior to coming here. “Tranquility Woods is BY FAR the most effective program I have been to.”

Many alumni felt the facility itself, as well its many amenities and therapeutic services, to be top-notch. Larry, for example, who quipped ton how he “got more out be being here for 28 days than any other counseling could have done in 28 years” called the property and amenities “second to none,” and the Chef’s culinary skills “amazing.” ““Not only is the facility beautiful and comfortable, it also provides a huge amount of counseling and some great therapies,” added former client K.

Alex, one of several alumni who referred to their experience as life changing, felt that treatment far surpassed any expectations they had: “I did not think it was possible to have the amount of fun that i had in recovery. I not only got my sense of humor back but also my smile.”

Like alumni, loved ones found treatment here unparalleled. “Its got to be the best program in the country,” claimed E.S. on their loved one’s experience here. “The one on one therapy, both addiction and mental health, was life changing and life saving. My relative has been through several prior programs, this was by far the most therapeutic and transforming. Thank you Tranquility Woods!”

Shared anonymously, another reviewer considered the staff here a major facility strength, but added: “Checking bags could’ve been better.”

A 30-day stay at the luxury treatment center comes to $24,850. Tranquility Woods accepts most insurance plans as well as self-payment, and works with M-Lend, a third-party medical finance company, to increase the accessibility of its services to the uninsured and underinsured.

Updated February 2017

Published on February 2017

Tranquility Woods was my second attempt to rid myself of an addiction to opiates. I firmly believe that had I had the opportunity to go here first, I wouldn't have relapsed and in need of another rehab. This is the longest I have been without opiates in 10 years! The staff, the program along with chef prepared meals and the estate house it operates out of is 5 stars all the way! I wish they offered a refresher course or a retreat because I would seriously consider attending. Not because I started using again, but because their program is that good! The staff to client ratio is perfect with a maximum of 13 residents at a time. I hope they don't grow too fast. I think it is the east coast's best kept secret in luxury rehabs.

I put a deposit down in the amount of $5000 was told it was refundable. They did not hold a room money was there to hold a room if needed did not need the room. Refused to return my deposit. I Did not sign anything. After many phone calls and tears the "owner" would only return 1/2 of my money. This is a facility that is suppose to care about people??!??!!

I've been to 3 treatment facilities and Tranquility Woods was the best by far. I give it 5 stars

What an unbelievable Program. I got more out of the Tranquility Woods 28 day stay than I did I did at my 3-month stay at another faciltiy. Everything they offer is above and beyond. Great Staff!

My daughter went through the 28-day Tranquility Woods program. She had previously been to two other substance abuse centers prior and Tranquility Woods was by far the best. From the gorgeous mansion to the 4-6 hours of one on one therapy. This places offers it all and then some. I would like to thank all the staff at Tranquility Woods for helping turn my daughter's life around.

If I had come to Tranquility Woods my first time around with alcohol abuse, I would have been on the right road to recovery. Tranquility Woods treats your entire body.. Mental, Physical, Spiritual.

Tranquility Woods was a wonderful treatment experience for my son. The program is comprehensive and addresses the needs of those in early recovery exceedingly well. He had the opportunity to focus on holistic wellness as the groundwork for the difficult task of embracing the hope of recovery and the challenges that arise in the process. The staff was competent and compassionate. I am very grateful that he was able to have this experience and continue to be hopeful about his future. Thanks to all!

I am a young Baby Boomer and had been a problem drinker all of my adult life, a functioning alcoholic for a decade, and a full blown drunk for a year. I also have a long history of consistent physical and emotional truama resulting in severe PTSD. The multi-layered program at Tranquility Woods is why I gave it the five star rating, yet it is only a few years in the making. The people who established it wanted to offer the "best of every known effective therapy" to everyday people. They carefully developed this recovery program based on thorough research of what works. Instead of the pick and choose menu so many facilities I contacted offered. Treatment included 4-5 times a week of one on one counseling. Many more hours daily of diverse group sessions also gave a strong foundation of counseling treatment. The holistic program was given in many forms as is promised and was extremely effective in aiding my recovery. The dedication of the staff was beyond my expectations. This is a facility where the bar is placed high. The recovery process has depth and is focused on each individual. Therefore, it attracts and keeps quality people who are like minded. Upon my arrival I was desparate, totally broken, and determined to get everything I could out of my 28 days of recovery. The response of the staff was one of going above and beyond as if they were treating a family member. I was respected, treated with dignity, felt valued and cared for. I mattered to them and it enabled me to be vulnerable, emotional, honest, and partake of their well balanced programs. Bottom line is it works if you let it. It is the all inclusive recovery program that serves you many proven methods of therapies so that there is every chance of hitting your mark. I am continuing to amaze my husband, children and grandchildren with the changes. Not only am I steady on my path of being clean and sober, but my ttreatment program at Tranquility Woods gave me a huge beginning to my steady progress of effective mental health therapy. Thanks to all at Tranquility Woods for really caring and really delivering my life changing 28 days!

Amazing treatment center with unbelievable staff- Caring, compassionate, warm, and supportive. Every person genuinely wants you to succeed & it's clear they have thought out every angle of the program to ensure clients get the most possible while there. Highly recommend Tranquility Woods!!

Everything was of the highest strength. No weaknesses. I wish there was a place for more than 5 stars. I felt so safe, secure and well cared for. The therapists were great as were the yoga instructor, the masseuse, the acupuncturist, the chefs. I could go on and on.

I found Tranquility Woods to be the premier one stop shop for mental health and addictions counseling. I got more out of being here for 28 days than any other counseling could have done in 28 years. The property and amenities are second to none, and Chef's culinary skills are amazing. This is definitely the place to go if you are serious about getting clean and sober.

I really couldn't have wished for a better Recovery experience! I am so blessed to have had Tranquility Woods to begin my new life. I have nothing negative to say about this beautiful, comfortable healing environment. Between the amazing staff, delicious meals and the holistic approach to recovery- the sauna, pool and jacuzzi hot tub,massage, acupuncture, yoga and equestrian therapy honestly theres no better place to get clean and healthy. I've really adopted the clients and staff as my recovery family, it will be very bittersweet to move on and leave all the amazing people I've met. I really have gained so many tools to face life on lifes terms and get back into healthy living and a new lifestyle. Meeting with my individual counselor every day for an hour was very unique to other treatment centers. The photos just don't do this home justice. It really isn't a facility, its a recovery home. I can't thank everyone here enough for everything i've learned and how much progress I've made and how much healthier i feel; physically, mentally and spiritually! If you're looking for a comfortable, healing environment to start your new way of life, don't hesitate to join the Tranquility Woods family!

Tranquility Woods was wonderful. My stay here flew by the love and support was life changing. Tranquility gives you the ability to be in a group of people that not only care about you but also understand what you are going through. The small group aspect gives you a lot of one on one time with not only councilers but also residents and staff. The Tranquility home was beautiful and had a family feel to it. My stay here was life changing I did not think it was possible to have the amount of fun that i had in recovery. I not only got my sense of humor back but also my smile.

Tranquility Woods has saved my life, and helped me to become a happier and sober person. Not only is the facility beautiful and comfortable, it also provides a huge amount of one on one counseling and some great therapies (i.e. acupuncture, massage, equine). The staff is knowledgeable and kind. The program is phenomenal, I would highly recommend it to anyone seeking a dual diagnosis program.

Its got to be the best program in the country. The one on one therapy, both addiction and mental health, was life changing and life saving. My relative has been through several prior programs, this was by far was the most therapeutic and transforming. Thank you Tranquility Woods!

I had a wonderful experience. I was lucky enough to be, literally, the second patient, the first one came in a few hours before me. We were a small and close knit group, and the warm and loving family atmosphere was facilitated and enhanced by the staff and the surroundings. TW is a safe place to be heard, get help, and heal. The caring and warmth was apparent from my first contact, with one of the staff members, and continued through my stay. I was very fortunate to have found TW and I'll never forget it!

I have been to five other residential facilities and Tranquility Woods is BY FAR the most effective program I have been to. From top to bottom this program blows them all away, No other program was able to touch my PTSD. This place saved my life!

Staff was a strength. Checking bags could've been better. Great

Behavioral Crossroads, LLC
  • Awaiting JAHCO Credentialling
  • We meet out clients were they are from Detox to Outpatient
  • Dually Licensed Mental Health and Substance Abuse Programs
Behavioral Wellness & Recovery
  • A comprehensive approach to substance use disorder treatment
  • Community and peer-based models such as 12-step mutual aid programs
  • Long-term recovery training and strategic planning