Valley Recovery Center in Newhall, CA

23304 Happy Valley Dr.
Newhall CA 91321

Valley Recovery Center Philosophy

Valley Recovery Center provides personalized treatment for men with addictions to alcohol, drugs, gambling, and more. We strive to provide our patients with a supportive environment and community, which comes naturally to us because we are family owned and operated. We also see how crucial it is for loved ones and families to be part of our patient’s recovery, because they are a vital part of the support system that those in recovery need to be able to turn to for help. When patients come to Valley Recovery Center, they see that they are part of a community dedicated to helping them achieve recovery.

In order for the treatment we provide to truly work, patients must be receptive to it and feel that it addresses their individual needs. We offer a variety of programs to meet those needs, including those with a spiritual focus, those that deal with patients’ behaviors and triggers, and 12-step programs. Patients will progress through these programs at their own pace, but the environment and treatment we provide is structured to ensure that they make progress. The treatment we provide is aimed at allowing clients to find the programs that really address their addiction experience and personal issues, and offering them a community that provides support and encouragement along the way.

Of course, treatment is only part of the recovery process. Our patients will need to return to their lives and be able to handle the challenges life throws at them while maintaining their sobriety. To help them with this, we offer programs that encourage them to develop life skills like applying to schools, building resumes, and more. We also offer many aftercare services that will provide them with support and care long after their residential treatment has ended.

• Creative Arts Therapy
    Writing, making art or engaging in theater can be deeply therapeutic for people working to recover from addiction. Many facilities offer one or several forms of creative arts therapy as a way to help patients learn to express their feelings in productive ways.

• Client & Family Support Groups
    Group therapy is a vital component of addiction recovery treatment, considered as important and effective (sometimes even more so) than individual therapy. Benefits include reducing isolation and loneliness and providing the opportunity to learn from others in recovery. In the addiction setting, group therapy is run by trained professionals who guide participants toward a shared goal of recovery.

Small Individualized Setting

Individual Therapy 4x Week

Chef Prepared Meals

Brooklyn Cyr

Program Director

Brooklyn has been in the treatment industry for over 20 years with extensive experience in all treatment modalities. Working under some of the most revered psychiatrists in the nation, Brooklyn has been able to create a treatment model that centers around each individual clients needs. Her bubbly personality makes her really easy to get a long with and connect with.

Dr. Lawrence Leiter, M.D.

Addictionologist & Medical Director

Dr. Leiter is an amazing addictionologist who specializes in detox treatment. He see's our patients once a week, and on a daily basis if they are detoxing. His experience over the past 40 years has truly been an inspiration to our residents and staff.

ABOUT VALLEY RECOVERY CENTER

Valley Recovery Center is a residential rehab center for adult males located in the foothills of Newhall, Santa Clarita, Calif. only 25 miles northwest of Hollywood. Depending on their needs, men with co-occurring mental health, substance abuse, and gambling disorders have access to different levels of residential treatment. Medically monitored detox is available on-site.

Many clients begin their healing process with the facility’s on-site detox. Far from a one-size-fits-all approach, treatment plans are designed according to intensity and length. A short-term, 30-day program is ideal for those who aren’t heavily addicted, but still need thorough treatment in a limited amount of time, while the more extensive 60- and 90-day programs focus on psychological healing to ensure a client’s continued recovery beyond the walls of rehab.

Taking a comprehensive approach to recovery, treatment plans blend 12-step programming with evidence-based approaches such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). In addition to one-on-one counseling and group therapies, residents are supported through non-traditional and holistic methods such as life coaching, yoga, equine therapy, massage therapy, music and art therapy, and Reiki, a stress reduction technique. Men are also encouraged to exercise outdoors, as the area affords plenty of space for hiking and running.

Family participation is encouraged throughout the recovery process and clients also have access to aftercare programs.

Valley Recovery Center boasts a staff-to-client ratio of 2:1. The treatment team consists of licensed therapists, registered nutritionists, a doctorate level life coach, a clinical hypnotherapist, a Reiki teacher, a social worker, and other professionals.

Valley Recovery Center provides residents with an upscale, intimate recovery setting. With capacity limited to six at a time, men are housed in private rooms in a home that features an outdoor pool, Jacuzzi, backyard barbeque, and community areas with leather couches and fireplaces. The house is also pet friendly, and smoking is permitted in designated areas. A chef prepares meals daily and caters to clients who have dietary preferences.

Most of the former clients polled to date wrote fondly of their experiences, with 11 ratings averaging 4.55 out of five stars for treatment effectiveness. Brandon, for example, gave the facility five-star ratings across the board, and wrote: “My time at VRC was filled with learning experiences about myself, addiction, and the 12-step program. I left with a new lease on life and with hope for the future. Thank you VRC!” Additionally, K.D.L. added that he enjoyed the holistic therapies and wrote: “These groups made me feel like it was okay, and that i was safe to disclose trauma that occured in my life.”

One reviewer did leave a negative comment: “Couldn't finish the treatment,” but an official facility response claimed that the post is an attempt to hurt business.

Similarly, two loved ones to date shared positive experiences and program highlights with Rehabs.com. Reviewer L.K. noted the structure, strong support system, and great management as facility strengths, claiming that the facility “will save your life.” And Shawn found favor in the personalized attention. “We couldnt have asked for a better community and service,” he wrote. “Really Great Team!!”

At the time of this writing, four staff members all said they would recommend the facility. They also applauded Valley Recovery Center for its level of cleanliness, strong support, and individualized attention.

One staffer, Lauren, however, noted the facility’s frequent schedule changes, and high staff turnover as program weaknesses.

Treatment costs $1,200 per day, $40,000 per month, and $100,000 for the 90-day program. Valley Recovery Center works with major private insurers, including Aetna, United Healthcare, Health Net, Cigna, and Blue Cross Blue Shield. For eligible clients, financial assistance packages may cover up to 60 percent of the price of treatment.

Updated April 2017

Published on May 2017

Couldn't finish the treatment.

We never had a client with the initials VR, this is a fake post by one of our competitors.

facility has a lot of great counselors and a lot of one on one therapy and gives individual attention to all clients. the facility helped my brother find himself. The helped him find another roof over there head in a local sober living that allowed him to get continous out patient help and also treated him like family when he was there which motivated him to stay clean because as he stated before he never felt more love then when someone showed they cared for his treatment

Loving faculty that show how much they care. Best treatment i could ever imagine saved my life! ! Wont find a better facility not a single complaint

There is always someone to talk to, when you are in need. Excellent staff, and accomidations. They feed you too much. And u get chubby. This facility changed my life. There are so many hollistic groups. Including, hypno-therapy. Art therapy. And my favorite music therapy. These groups made me feel like it was okay, and that i was safe to disclose trauma that occured in my life. Which was the route cause of why i had been using off and on, since the age of 16.

valley recovery center was unlike any other facility I have been at. Truly loving and compassionate treatment that felt like a home with a family and not a facility. amazing therapists and other alternative treatments with staff members that actually care and want the best for each client. I owe my new lease on life to this place and the people that got me in and supported me through my time with them.

If you are in need of help or concerned for someone that does I HIGHLY recommend this facility . I had been in inpatient treatment one time prior and this place is so much better than what I had experienced prior and it far exceeded my expectations . I did not want to come to in patient and I am so glad that I chose to come here . The vibe is laid back and very friendly but make no mistake about it this is the real deal. I had three different therapists that I worked with not only one on one but also in groups . All of them are top notch and provided not only amazing insights and healing but concrete and real strategies to stay clean prior to leaving . My counselor was as very great and really took interest in my success. Great food all day that was not only tasty but cooked from the heart. I just loved my stay here and feel that it is really a special place to get well and to really find solutions to transcend active addiction. One last thing that I have to mention , my family also got to participate in the process and also got great therapy .

Was a wonderful staff who made every effort to support me during my recovery. The therapists are all top notch and were great to work with. Comfortable living and excellent chef who cooks a variety of meals.

The staff really cared about me.. this was my 9th time in a treatment facilty. And this is my last time i really feel like this treatment cared about me. From the staff to the clients this place is awesome!!!

Staff is cool and food is great. The program director is awesome.

I've loved the staff, they all made my stay better than i could have hoped for. I'm looking forward to the rest of my recovery.

Excellent screening of clients Wide variety of therapy options Schedule changes often High staff turn over All of the staff that work here are very much engaged in with each client, there is a lot of support. Everything is individualized to each client.

This place has helped me drastically. My time at VRC was filled with learning experiences about myself, addiction, and the 12-step program. I left with a new lease on life and with hope for the future. Thank you VRC!

This place really has helped me a lot with every aspect of recovery. Everyone here was fantastic staff and clients. I really feel like I got what i wanted from VRC.

We are a small, personable, effective treatment program that is set in a comfortable, home-like atmosphere. We include family and friends to insure that our client has strong support both during treatment and after discharge.

The staff are amazing, facility is very clean and organized.

Experienced and well educated staff, Safe, clean and well maintained facility providing outstanding treatment. Valley Recovery Center provides individual and personalized treatment by their well-trained team of professionals. Clients receive 24 hour care in meeting the client right where they're at and throughout the entire treatment process in a beautiful, safe and comfortable facility which provides all the amenities.

Strengths: clean, structured, balanced, good staff, strong support system, great management. If you are ready to seriously commit to recovery and tired of relapsing this facility can help you attain that goal. It will save your life.

We moved my family member into Valley Recovery Center couple of months ago and we couldnt have asked for a better community and service. They provided 1on1 care and treatment. Really Great Team!!

Ventura Recovery Center
  • Staff Psychiatrist
  • Full Service Treatment Center
  • All Levels of Care
Recover Integrity
  • Career, vocational and education related counseling for clients
  • Diagnostic testing for every client
  • Individual psychiatric services for each client