What would you do with that money if treatment was affordable? Find out if your insurance covers treatment now!
Understanding Heroin Abuse and the Importance of Rehab
Rehabs.com and Recovery Brands have teamed up with Mediaplanet and many high-profile organizations on a national digital and print campaign to educate readers about the heroin epidemic – addressing who’s most at risk, gateway risks, advocating for increased access and education for treatment. The campaign will be promoted on futureofpersonalhealth.com and receive print distribution via USA Today.
At Rehabs.com, we aim to help those struggling with addiction – as well as their families — by providing useful information and treatment options to make a difficult decision easier.
You deserve a better life, one free of the dangers and ravages of heroin. Find out more on How (and Why) to Choose the Best Rehabs for Heroin, read unbiased professionally-contributed pieces about heroin in our exclusive Pro Talk section, or browse one of the many heroin treatment facilities that can help you reclaim your life.
A heroin dependence can be quick to develop and notoriously difficult to overcome. Despite resolving to quit, those in the first moments of their recovery often find the symptoms of heroin withdrawal to be wildly unpleasant and tough to endure—detoxing without supervision and support can be risky, and relapse risks run high. Heroin users are urged to seek assistance from trained medical professionals, and to do so as quickly as possible.
Family members owe it to themselves and their loved ones to get educated, learn the signs and symptoms, and help their loved one find a program if they are shooting (injecting), snorting or smoking heroin.
We’ve linked to a selection of featured treatment center sponsors who can specifically help with heroin abuse. You may also browse our directory to find facilities in your preferred City or State or call our helpline to get personalized assistance from a trained treatment center sponsor!
Some of our Featured Heroin Rehabs
Organizations partnering or sponsoring Mediaplanet’s Heroin Awareness campaign:
- Surgeon General Vivek Murthy
- The White House Office of Drug Control Policy
- The American Medical Association
- The Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- The Partnership for Drug-Free Kids
- The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Association (SAMHSA)
- The Pew Charitable Trusts
- The US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- The Clinton Foundation Health Matters Initiative
- The National Council for Behavioral Health (NCBH)
- Recovery Brands
- The National Association of Addiction Treatment Providers (NAATP)
- The Harm Reduction Coalition
- Quest Diagnostics
- Evolve Treatment Centers
- The Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation