What would you do with that money if treatment was affordable? Find out if your insurance covers treatment now!
Justin Bieber Caught in Another Drug Scandal
Justin Bieber’s drug drama shows no sign of slowing down. After being accused by several anonymous insiders of having addictions to marijuana and sizzurp, the pop star was allegedly filmed snorting cocaine with girlfriend Selena Gomez at a New York City nightclub.
Few details were released in the report by InTouch magazine, but a source said the incident took place at 1Oak on June 16. The rumored tape is now allegedly being shopped around to several media outlets, but may not solicit an offer because “the video is pretty dark and fuzzy.”
Is the media exaggerating Bieber’s substance abuse and bad behavior, or is the Canadian crooner on a dangerous path to drug addiction?
Here are five more Justin Bieber drug scandals.
- During a court deposition last March stemming from assault charges, the singer admitted to using Xanax illegally. He had admitted last January that his mother dished out the medicine when they thought it was necessary, but acknowledged in the filmed deposition that he didn’t have a prescription for it.
- Last January, Bieber was pulled over for drag racing in Miami and failed a roadside sobriety test. He admitted to police that he had consumed alcohol, smoked pot and took undisclosed prescription drugs before getting behind the wheel. He was charged with drunk driving, resisting arrest and driving without a valid license.
- In February 2013, the pop star was photographed surrounded by cups of codeine, and rumors flew earlier this year that he had a full-on addiction to Sizzurp. He even compared being in love to the cough syrup-laced concoction in a song released last April called “We Were Born For This.” Insiders told TMZ that those close to Bieber urged him to go to rehab for his Sizzurp habit. But since the prescription cough syrup associated with the drink has been pulled from shelves, it’s unlikely he will be able to continue using it for much longer.
- Last January, the singer allegedly refused to stop smoking marijuana while flying via private jet from Canada to New Jersey. A law enforcement report said Bieber was warned numerous times by the captain, but the plane was so full of pot smoke that the pilots had to wear oxygen masks. He was also reportedly “extremely abusive” towards a flight attendant. The Federal Aviation Administration vowed to investigate the matter, but no charges were filed.
- In April 2013, Bieber’s tour bus was raided by police in Stockholm, Sweden, and marijuana was found on the floor. Because nobody was on the bus at the time, the drugs were confiscated and no charges were filed. But just three months later, another police raid at the Canadian border once again turned up marijuana. Bieber wasn’t on the bus at that time and only the driver received a citation.
If you or someone you love is struggling with substance abuse, take action and learn about drug addiction treatment options to fit your needs. Call 1-888-366-3510 and speak with a helpful recovery professional today.