Author: April Smith
- Master of Public Health PhD candidate in Population Health at Thomas Jefferson University Recipient of the 2016 James B. Erdmann PhD award for Excellence in Interprofessional Education
- Certified SMART Recovery facilitator Harm Reduction Epidemiologist with Families for Sensible Drug Policy Co-founder of the only Harm Reduction, Abstinence and Moderation Support meeting in Philadelphia
- Interprofessional education and teamwork in the healthcare setting Research focuses on harm reduction approaches to people who use substances when they enter the healthcare system
Author: Alexis Stein
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW); B.A. from University of Pennsylvania; M.S.W. from Fordham University Graduate School of Social Work
- Psychotherapist in Private Practice
- Affiliated with Outpatient Rehabs and Upscale Sober Livings in New York City
- Trauma, Addiction, ALANON (Friends and Families of Addicts), Relationship Issues, Work Stressors
Author: David A. Wiss
- Master's Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics at California State University, Northridge; Registered Dietitian Nutritionist; Certified Personal Trainer through the National Academy of Sports Medicine
- Founder of Nutrition in Recovery
- Nutrition and Substance Abuse
Author: Polly E. Drew
- M.Ed., LCSW, LMFT
- Marriage and Family Psychotherapist in Private Practice
- Marital and Relationship Conflicts, Drug and Alcohol Addictions
Author: Rory C. Reid
- Masters in Social Work; Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology / Dual Emphasis in Neuropsychology and Marriage and Family Therapy; Postdoctoral Fellow, UCLA Department of Psychiatry; Postdoctoral Training, Harvard University
- Assistant Professor, Research Psychologist, UCLA Department of Psychiatry; Global Clinical Scholars Research Training Program, Harvard Medical School, Harvard University
- Hypersexual Behavior, Gambling Disorders, Mindfulness
Author: Royce White
Author: Dan Wagener
Dan Wagener is a Senior Web Content Editor for American Addiction Centers. Prior to taking on this role, he worked for a government contractor in the Washington, D.C. area, where he edited websites for the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). He was also Senior Manager of Web Content and Communications Manager at the American Academy of Physician Assistants, and Senior Managing Editor at the Center for American Progress, a political think tank in D.C.
Dan holds a bachelor's degree in English from La Salle University and a Master's degree in Counseling Psychology from Lewis & Clark College. He has worked at substance abuse and mental health treatment programs for teens and adults.
- Master's in Counseling Psychology
Author: Raychelle Cassada Lohmann
- B.A. (Psychology) North Carolina State University; M.S. (Counselor Education) North Carolina State University; Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed School Counselor, Licensed Global Career Development Facilitator
- Professional School Counselor and Author
- Family Relationships, Teenagers, Anger Management
Author: Trish Farley
- MSW, Silberman School of Social Work, Hunter College; BA, Rutgers University at New Brunswick, NJ; Licensed in New York State
- Social Worker, Consultant, Anti-racist Trainer/Community Organizer, Adjunct Lecturer
- Freedom Institute, People's Institute for Survival and Beyond, NYU's Silver School of Social Work
- Prevention, Lifestyle Change, Structural Racism, Anti-oppressive Practice
Author: Andrew Tatarsky
Dr. Tatarsky is Founder and Director of The Center for Optimal Living in NYC, a treatment and professional training center based on Integrative Harm Reduction Therapy (IHRP) for the spectrum of substance misuse and other high-risk behaviors. He earned his doctorate in clinical psychology from the City University of New York.
He is a Clinical Advisor to the Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services of New York State, Founding board member and President-elect of the Division on Addiction of New York State Psychological Association, Chairman of the Board of Moderation Management Network, founding board member of Association for Harm Reduction Therapy and Chairman of Mental Health Professionals in Harm Reduction and Faculty, Advanced Specialization in Family and Couple Therapy, The Postdoctoral Program in Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis, New York University.
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, The City College of the City University of New York; May 1986. Dissertation, “Cocaine Abuse and Psychological Functioning: An Exploratory Comparison of Recreational and Compulsive Cocaine Users”
- President, Division on Addiction, New York State Psychological Association; Founder and Director, The Center for Optimal Living
- Integrative Harm Reduction Therapy
Author: Allen Frances
- Professor Emeritus of Psychiatry Former Chair at Duke University Former Chair of the DSM IV Task Force
Author: Eric Maisel
- M.S., Counseling; M.A., Creative Writing; Ph.D., Counseling Psychology; Licensed California Marriage and Family Therapist; Creativity Coach
- Creativity Coach; Founder of Creativity Coaching; Developer of Natural Psychology
- Coaching Creative and Performing Artists; Life Purpose, Meaning, and Mental Health; Depression, Anxiety and Addiction; Mental Health Reform Advocacy
Author: Mike Pond
- RPN MSW RSW
- Psychotherapist, in-demand speaker, author, advocate for compassionate, evidence-based treatment for those suffering from substance use disorders.
Author: Kristie Moore
- Master’s Candidate, Nutritional Science at California State University, Long Beach
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist at Nutrition in Recovery
- Nutrition and Substance Abuse
Author: Kenneth Anderson
- M.A. Psychology, The New School for Social Research; M.A. Linguistics, University of Minnesota
- Executive Director, Author
- The HAMS Harm Reduction Network, Inc.
- Harm Reduction for Alcohol, Needle Exchange, Opioids
Author: Kevin A. Sabet
In 2013, he co-founded, with former Congressman Patrick J. Kennedy, Project SAM (Smart Approaches to Marijuana), which advocates for an approach to marijuana policy that is focused neither on incarceration nor legalization – but on health, prevention, treatment, recovery, and public safety. SAM’s board comprises the most distinguished panel of public health physicians and addiction specialists in the country. He is also the Director of the Drug Policy Institute at the University of Florida, Department of Psychiatry, Division of Addiction Medicine. He is the author of numerous monographs, peer-reviewed journal articles, and op-eds, and his first book, Reefer Sanity: Seven Great Myths About Marijuana, was published by Beaufort in 2013.
- Ph.D., Oxford University
- Director, Drug Policy Institute at the University of Florida College of Medicine; Director and co-founder, Smart Approaches to Marijuana
- Founder and Owner of Policy Solutions Lab
- Public Policy, Drug Policy
Author: David Rubenstein
- Ph.D. in Medical Science, Senior Clinical Instructor White Memorial Medical Center, Los Angeles; California Trinity University Faculty in Western Medicine
- The Rubenstein Method: Inventor, Director of Training
- Stress and Anxiety, Cognitive Enhancement, Pain Remediation, Athletic Performance
Author: Aimee N. C. Campbell
- Ph.D., MSSW, Columbia University School of Social Work
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychiatric Social Work and Research Scientist
- Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, Department of Psychiatry; New York State Psychiatric Institute
- Behavioral Treatment for Substance Use Disorders; Implementation Science Processes; HIV Prevention and Treatment
Author: Emily Guarnotta
Emily Guarnotta holds a doctorate degree in clinical psychology from the California School of Professional Psychology. She has a passion for working with clients struggling with substance abuse and mental health issues and her treatment approach includes providing evidence-based practices in a supportive and non-confrontational manner. She also has experience working with college students, clients with severe mental illness, and delivering crisis intervention services. In addition to her clinical work, Emily enjoys conducting research looking at characteristics associated with addiction recovery and presenting her findings at conferences around the country.
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology
Author: Myles B. Schlam
- J.D., CAP / CCJAP; St. Thomas University School of Law
- President of Schlam Law, P.A CEO at Advocare Solutions, Inc. (ASI)
- 15th Circuit Sober Homes Task Force Broward County Mental Health Task Force
- Attorney at Law in the State of Florida Specializing in Criminal Defense and the Florida Marchman Act Certified Criminal Justice Addiction Professional Certified Addictions Professional
Author: Jenifer Talley
- Ph.D. from Virginia Tech (2007); Licensed Clinical Psychologist, New York State
- Assistant Professor and Assistant Director (Concentration in Mental Health and Substance Abuse Counseling) at The New School for Social Research; Assistant Director, The Center for Optimal Living; Member of American Psychological Association’s Division 50, Society of Addiction Psychology; Member of Addiction Division of New York State Psychological Association
- Treatment of substance misuse and co-occurring disorders; mindfulness-based interventions; cognitive-behavioral therapy; integrative harm reduction psychotherapy
Author: Debra Rothschild
- Ph.D. Clinical Psychology, New School for Social Research, 1989; New York State C.A.S.A.C. (Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor)
- Psychologist and Psychotherapist in Private Practice, NYC
- Executive Board and twice past President, New York State Psychological Association Division on Addictions; Faculty, New York University Postdoctoral Program in Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis
- Substance Misuse, Addiction, Harm Reduction Therapy, Impaired Professionals and Executives, Trauma, Family and Friends of Substance Misusers, Co-occurring Depression, Anxiety and Substance Misuse, Adult Psychotherapy
Author: Linda Hatch
- M.A., Ph.D. University of California at Riverside; NIMH Postdoctoral Fellow at UCLA; Certified Sex Addiction Therapist (CSAT)
- Private Practice in Santa Barbara, California; Member of Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health (SASH); Member of American Psychological Association
- Sex Addiction
Author: Arthur P. Ciaramicoli
- Ed.D., Ph.D., University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- Clinical Psychologist in Private Practice
- Chief Medical Officer, Soundmindz.org; Harvard Medical School; American Cancer Society
Author: Jeffrey T. Junig
- Ph.D. in Neuroscience (University of Rochester Center for Brain Research); M.D. (University of Rochester); Board Certified in Anesthesiology (University of Pennsylvania) and Psychiatry (Medical College of Wisconsin)
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Medical College of Wisconsin; Owner, Fond du Lac Psychiatry
- Buprenorphine Treatment of Opioid Dependence
Author: Leah Miller
Leah Miller is a mental health counselor and trained alcohol and substance abuse counselor. She has had clinical experience in both inpatient and outpatient treatment and has also helped those with severe mental illness in residential and community settings.
Leah is currently part of a residential transitional support team and in her free time writes about substance abuse issues.
- Master's in Mental Health Counseling
- Mental Health Counselor, Credentialed Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselor
- Addiction, Dual Diagnosis, Mental Health
Author: Sean X. Luo
- M.D. / Ph.D., Columbia University, Computational Neuroscience; BS / BA, University of Chicago, Physics
- Leon Levy Fellow; NIDA-T32 Fellow in Addiction Psychiatry
- Columbia University and the New York State Psychiatric Institute
- Big Data and Machine Learning in Psychiatry and Substance Use Disorders
Author: Marc Romano
- Psy.D., RN, ARNP, BC, CAP, LHRM; Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from University of Hartford; Masters of Science from University of South Alabama; Board Certified Primary Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Assistant Medical Director, Ocean Breeze Recovery, Pompano Beach, FL
- Psychology, Nursing, Chemical Dependence, Risk Management, Psychological Assessment, Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Medication Management for Psychiatric Disorders, Therapy for LGBT Issues, Healthcare Management
Author: Jaclyn Schuon
Jaclyn Schuon earned her doctorate in Clinical Psychology from the Georgia School of Professional Psychology and she has been a licensed psychologist in the state of Georgia since 2009.
She has extensive experience providing psychological services to college students and has extensive professional experience at the college and university level. She is also a registered yoga teacher at the 200 hour level and is passionate about utilizing mind-body interventions in her work.
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology
- Licensed psychologist, registered yoga teacher
Author: Marni Greenberg
- Psy.D.; Licensed Clinical Psychologist
- Clinical Psychologist in Private Practice; QTC Medical Group; Home-Based Effective Living Professionals
Author: Stanton Peele
- Ph.D., J.D.; Licensed Psychologist, Attorney
- Founder of Life Process Program; Lifetime Achievement Award, Drug Policy Alliance; Mark Keller Award, Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs
- Life Process Program; Practical Recovery; Center for Optimal Living; Board Member SMART Recovery; Moderation Management; HAMS Harm Reduction for Alcohol
- Addiction Treatment, Values and Purpose in Recovery, Natural Recovery, Prevention, Non-Addictive Child Rearing, Neuroscience, 12-Steps, Sensible Drinking/Substance Use
Author: David L. Katz
- B.A. from Dartmouth College (1984; Magna Cum Laude); M.D. from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine (1988); M.P.H. from the Yale University School of Public Health (1993)
- Founding Director of Yale University’s Prevention Research Center; President of the American College of Lifestyle Medicine; Editor-in-Chief of the journal Childhood Obesity; and Director of the Integrative Medicine Center at Griffin Hospital
- Nutrition, Weight Management, Prevention of Chronic Disease
Author: Ian McLoone
- MPS LPCC LADC
- Alltyr Clinic University of Minnesota’s Integrated Behavioral Health clinical counseling program Adjunct instructor/community faculty at the University of Minnesota and St Mary’s University of Minnesota
- Dual licensure as both a professional counselor and an alcohol and drug counselor Provides integrated care for substance use and mental health disorders
Author: Judson Brewer
- M.D., Ph.D., Washington University
- Director of Research at the Center for Mindfulness; Associate Professor of Medicine and Psychiatry · Worcester, Massachusetts; Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine
- Mindfulness Training
Author: Lauren Villa
- Master's in Public Health (University of California, Berkeley)
Author: Nadia Ghaffari
- Youth Advocate Student Writer Innovator
- Youth Mental Health Education
Author: Mitch Earleywine
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from Indiana University
- Chair of the Board of Directors for the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML); Professor of Psychology at the State University of New York at Albany
- Marijuana Policy, Etiology and Maintenance of Drug Use
Author: Rita Milios
- MSW Social Work, Ohio State University; Licensed Clinical Social Worker; DOT Substance Abuse Professional; Training in Guided Imagery and Ericksonian Hypnosis
- The Mind Mentor; FL Qualified Supervisor & FL CEU Training Provider for Social Workers and Marriage/Family Therapists
- Mind & Mindfulness Techniques, Neuro-biology, Spiritual Pathwork Techniques for Clients and Counselor Training
Author: Keith McAdam
- B.S. (Psychology) University of New Orleans; MSW University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Social Work; Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Clinical Addictions Specialist
- Behavioral Health Provider, Duke University Health Center
- Addiction, Mental Health, Integrated Care, HIV/AIDS, Harm Reduction
Author: Scot Thomas
- Doctor of Medicine, University of California, San Diego
Author: Tom Horvath
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology; Diplomate in Clinical Psychology, American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP); California Psychologist License PSY7732
- Practical Recovery, whose Treatment Centers include Reunion San Diego, The Men's Residence, and Practical Recovery Psychology Group; President (volunteer position), SMART Recovery
- Addiction Treatment
Author: Robin Livingston-Richter
- MSW, LICSW, University of MN
- Licensed family therapist, becoming a certified ADHD life coach. Founder of Stigma2Strength.
- ADHD, mood disregulation, adolescent behavioral health, parenting. Personal experience with eating disorders.
Author: Omar Manejwala
- M.D. University of Maryland School of Medicine; M.B.A. University of Virginia Darden School of Business; Internship and Residency and Chief Residency, Duke University Medical Center Department of Psychiatry
- Chief Medical Officer, Catasys, Inc. Past: Medical Director, Hazelden Foundation
- Catasys, Inc.
- Addiction Medicine, Addiction Psychiatry, Cravings, Behavioral Science, Addiction and the Media
Author: Christine Brewer
Christine Brewer has over 20 years of experience in substance use disorders, crisis intervention, suicide prevention, disaster mental health, trauma, EMDR, and therapy with individuals, groups, couples, and families.
Her clinical experience includes gerontology, at-risk youth, homicide bereavement, dual diagnosis, domestic violence, crisis intervention, hostage negotiation, community debriefing services, and clinical supervision.
Christine is a psychotherapist, mental health consultant, educator, and freelance writer specializing in recovery and resilience as well as a variety of topics related to the field of psychology.
- Master's in Clinical Psychology, Licensed Marriage Family Therapist
- Clinical Director, Psychotherapist, Clinical Supervisor, Suicidologist, Trauma Specialist
- Crisis Intervention, EMDR, Trauma, Domestic Violence, Substance Use Disorders, Hostage Negotiation, CISD, Clinical Supervision, Group Therapy
Author: Robert Lefever
- The Middlesex Hospital Medical School in London
- Founding Director of the PROMIS Recovery Centre
Author: Lauren Brande
Lauren Brande, MA, has dedicated her life to psychological research. She started off her career with a scholarship from the Western Psychological Association for her undergraduate work in perceptual processing. In 2014, she achieved her master of arts in psychology from Boston University, harnessing a particular interest in the effects that drugs and trauma have on the functioning brain.
She believes that all research should be accessible and digestible, and her passion fuels her desire to share important scientific findings to improve rehabilitation.
- Master's in Psychology
Author: Katherine Schreiber
Author: Michael V. Pantalon
- B.A. from Binghamton University (1989); M.A. in Psychology from Hofstra University (1991); Ph.D. in Clinical & School Psychology (1994); M.S. in Psychopharmacology from Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology (2007)
- Senior Research Scientist, Yale School of Medicine; Co-founder & CEO, Center for Progressive Recovery, LLC; Founder & CEO, Center for Progressive Treatment (Private Practice)
- Evidence-based Addiction Treatment; Professional Recovery Coaching; Motivational Enhancement; Adolescents
Author: Joe Koelzer
- University of Texas, Austin, B.A., Finance, Accounting and General Business Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania, Executive Development Program University of Santa Monica, M.A, Spiritual Psychology University of Santa Monica, C.O.C., Consciousness Health and Healing
- The Clearing
- Spiritual Psychology Consciousness Health and Healing
Author: Roger A. Roffman
- University of Michigan; University of California at Berkeley
- Professor Emeritus of Social Work at the University of Washington; Founding Director (1985) of the School’s Innovative Programs Research Group
- Marijuana Dependence Behavioral Intervention Researcher and Marijuana Policy Activist
Author: Robert Schwebel
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from University of California, Berkeley
- Clinical Psychologist; The Seven Challenges, Author and Program Developer
- Comprehensive counseling that incorporates work on alcohol and other drug problems.
Author: Arnold M. Washton
- B.A. (Psychology) New York University; Ph.D. (Psychology) The City University of New York; Licensed Psychologist in NY, NJ, and FL
- Executive Director and Co-Founder, Compass Health Group, New York, NY
- Addiction Psychology, Integrated Treatment of Substance Use Disorders
Author: Lesley Wirth
- MA in Spiritual Psychology Certified Recovery Coach
- Author of Own Your Worth, A Spiritual Journey through Food Compulsion to Self-Love Independent contractor at Practical Recovery and Restoration Inn
- Helping women cope with their emotions, trauma, and circumstances. Runs a nationwide after-care recovery program that helps women integrate into their home environment post-treatment.
Author: Liz Karter
- MA, Adv Dip; British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (MBACP)
- Level Ground
- Women and Gambling Addiction
Author: Jessica Brock-Pitts
Jessica Brock-Pitts is a therapist with experience in treating substance use disorders and mental health issues. She has a Master of Social Work and is a License Clinical Social Worker.
Jessica's clinical experience has included dual diagnosis outpatient, severe mental illness in psychiatric and community settings, residential substance use treatment, and psychiatric emergency services. She currently focuses on the treatment of trauma and substance use disorders and is particularly interested in mindfulness-based therapies.
- Master of Social Work, Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Trauma Recovery and Empowerment Model Facilitator, Acceptance and Commitment Therapist
- Addiction, Dual Diagnosis, Trauma, Mental Illness
Author: Robert Weiss
- LCSW, CSAT-S; MSW, UCLA
- Senior Vice President of Clinical Development with Elements Behavioral Health
- Elements Behavioral Health; The Sexual Recovery Institute
- Sexual Addiction
Author: Kristina Ackermann
Kristina Ackermann, BA, is a professional writer and editor. Her professional experience includes evidence-based research for peer-reviewed medical journals, with an emphasis in prehospital care.
- Bachelor of Arts in Global Studies
Author: Lara Okoloko
- BASW and MSW (with a concentration in clinical work with children and families) from the University of Washington
- Center for Advanced Recovery Solutions (CARES) is the business name of my solo practice
- Addiction and its impact on the family
Author: Frederick Rotgers
- Psy.D., ABPP, LCADC, Licensed Psychologist; Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from Rutgers University; Board Certified by the American Board of Professional Psychology in Clinical Psychology and Cognitive and Behavioral Psychology
- Independent Practice of Psychology, Manasquan, NJ
- Assessment and Treatment of Substance Use Disorders and Other Risky Behaviors. Harm Reduction Therapy. Motivational Interviewing. Cognitive-Behavioral Interventions
Author: Gayle A. Dakof
- Ph.D in Psychology from University of California, Berkeley
- Director, MDFT International; Associate Professor, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
Author: Amanda Lautieri
Author: Peg O'Connor
- M.A. and Ph.D. in Philosophy, University of Minnesota
- Professor of Philosophy and Gender, Women, and Sexuality Studies at Gustavus Adolphus College in St. Peter, Minnesota
- Moral Philosophy, Philosophy of Addiction, Ludwig Wittgenstein, Feminist Philosophy
Author: Lisa Najavits
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from Vanderbilt University; Bachelor's from Barnard College, Columbia University
- Professor of Psychiatry, Boston University School of Medicine; Lecturer, Harvard Medical School; Author, 'Seeking Safety: A Treatment Manual for PTSD and Substance Abuse'
- Substance Abuse, Trauma, Veterans' Mental Health
Author: Eric S. Dresdale
Prior to launching Next Step Network, LLC, Eric worked for seven years as a commercial real estate broker for the Vice Chairmen of Newmark Knight Frank and Cushman & Wakefield.
Eric Dresdale is an active volunteer with the Florida Association of Recovery Residences, and sits on the board for the National Youth Recovery Foundation. Mr. Dresdale was a founding member of the Silver Lining Society, which raises money for children suffering from cancer. Mr. Dresdale has also helped raise money to scholarship people into treatment by running a half marathon, and through the Caron Foundation’s ‘To Save A Life’ charity.
Eric graduated from Indiana University with a B.A. in management.
- B.A. in Management from Indiana University
- Founder and CEO of Next Step Network, LLC
Author: Barry Lessin
- M.Ed., School Psychology, Temple University; BS, Psychology, Pennsylvania State University
- Pennsylvania Licensed Psychologist; Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor
- Clinical Director and Partner of Broken No More and GRASP (Grief Support After a Substance Passing)
- Addiction Psychology, Harm Reduction Psychotherapy, Parenting Adolescents and Young Adults
Author: Lance Dodes
- M.D. Harvard Medical School
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School (retired); Training and Supervising Analyst Emeritus, Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute; Chair, Discussion Group 'The Psychology of Addiction' of the American Psychoanalytic Association; Distinguished Fellow, American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry
- The Psychology of Addiction
Author: Cathy Taughinbaugh
- ACC, B.S., Psychology, University of the Pacific, Stockton, California Teaching Credential
- Associate Certified Coach, International Coach Federation, Certified Parent Coach
- Partnership for Drug-Free Kids
- Family support for Addiction, Treatment, and Recovery
Author: Judith Pinkerton
- Licensed, Board-Certified Music Therapist Founder/President of Music 4 Life® Center
- www.judithpinkerton.com Music 4 Life® Center American Addiction Centers
- Music Therapy TEDx Speaker Author
Author: Chris Conrad
- Author, Cannabis Expert Witness, Museum Curator
- Political Science Instructor at Oaksterdam University; Amsterdam Hash-Marijuana-Hemp Museum Curator
- Medical Marijuana Cultivation and Consumption
Author: Mark Griffiths
- Chartered Psychologist and Professor of Gambling Studies at the Nottingham Trent University
- Gambling Addiction, Videogame Addiction
Author: Alexandre Laudet
- Associate Editor for Substance Use and Misuse and the Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment
- Founder and Director of the Center for the Study of Addictions and Recovery at the National Development and Research Institutes, Inc. (NDRI) Elected member of the College on Problems of Drug Dependence (CPDD)
Author: Adi Jaffe
- Ph.D., RASI; Graduated from UCLA
- Co-Founder and Executive Director of Alternatives Behavioral Health, LLC.; Lecturer at UCLA
- Psychology, Neuroscience, Statistics, Business
Author: Sophie Stein
- M.S.N. – Vanderbilt University School of Nursing P.M.H.N.P. – American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) A.P.R.N. – Tennessee Board of Nursing
Author: Paul J. Gallant
- MC, LPC, BRI-II, CIP
- CEO and Founder of Primary Recovery Services
- Association of Intervention Specialists
- Interventions: Johnson Model, Systemic Family Intervention and Invitational Models
Author: Howard Meitiner
- Board Member, Phoenix Houses NY Jan 2007-present; CEO, Phoenix House, 2007-2015; COO, Fortunoff, 2003- 2006; CEO, The Museum Company, 2001-2003; CEO, Sephora, (USA), 1997-2001
- Substance Abuse Management, Crisis Management
Author: Anne Fletcher
Fletcher is the recipient of the Research Society on Alcoholism Journalism Award, several National Health Information Awards, the Outstanding Contributions to Advancing the Understanding of Addictions Award from the American Psychological Association, and the American Dietetic Association Media Excellence Award. As a registered dietitian, she holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Cornell University and a Master of Science degree from Drexel University.
Fletcher is the author of six other books, including the award-winning national bestseller, Thin For Life: 10 Keys to Success From People Who Have Lost Weight & Kept It Off, as well Weight Loss Confidential: How Teens Lose Weight and Keep It Off – And What They Wish Parents Knew.
Fletcher’s articles on subjects ranging from osteoporosis to heart disease have appeared in Prevention, Redbook, Better Homes and Gardens, Vogue, Good Housekeeping, Readers’ Digest, Parenting, American Psychologist, The Humanist, and the Journal of the American Dietetic Association. Previously, Fletcher was executive editor and chief writer of the Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter and a contributing editor for Prevention Magazine.
- M.S., Nutrition Science. Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA; B.S. with Honors, Human Nutrition and Food. Cornell University, Ithaca, NY; Registered Dietitian (R.D.), Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics; Licensed Dietitian (L.D.), State of Minnesota
- M.S., R.D., L.D.; President of Anne M. Fletcher Communications, Inc
- Author, Viking/Penguin; author, Houghton/Harcourt
- Addiction Treatment and Recovery, Weight Management, Lifestyle Change
Author: Helen Farrell
Dr. Farrell has been featured in The New York Times, Psychology Today, NPR, and The Huffington Post. She has been sought after by the mass media for expert and authoritative commentary on mental health and wellness. And since her TEDx Talk, Creating Hope for Mental Health, Dr. Farrell has been appearing as a keynote speaker at a wide range of events where she blends the art of storytelling with information and optimism.
Dr. Farrell enjoys traveling back to Ireland and agrees with George Bernard Shaw who said, “Life isn’t about finding yourself…Life is about creating yourself.” Dr. Farrell helps busy professionals achieve their goals via medication management and psychotherapy in her private practice located in Boston’s Back Bay neighborhood. She is optimistic about the progress of mental health and believes that everyone can create his or her own bright future, and many can also use a little help along the way.
- M.D., expert witness, keynote speaker, writer, award-winning Harvard Medical School Instructor in psychiatry
- M.D., Board Certified Psychiatrist, Forensic Psychiatrist, author, speaker
- Medical graduate of Trinity College Dublin, Ireland, Harvard Medical School Instructor in psychiatry, featured in Journal of the American Medical Association, The New York Times, Psychology Today, NPR, and the Huffington Post
- Addiction, psychiatry, mental illness, mental health and wellness, medication management and psychotherapy
Author: Mark D. Schenker
- Ph.D., Temple University, 1985
- Licensed Psychologist; Lead Psychologist, Caron Treatment Centers, Wernersville, PA; Private Practice, Philadelphia, PA; Member at Large for Practice, Society of Addiction Psychology (APA Division 50) Affiliated
- Clinical Psychology, with a specialty in Addiction Psychology, Couples and Family Therapy
Author: Eric Patterson
A professional counselor, Eric Patterson has been helping children, adolescents, and adults reach their goals and improve their well-being for over 10 years.
Eric has also worked as a collaborating investigator for the field trials of the DSM-5 and he also completed an agreement to provide mental health treatment to underserved communities with the National Health Service Corp.
- Master of Science in Counseling Psychology, National Certified Counselor, Licensed Professional Counselor
Author: Leah Walker
Leah Walker is a licensed marriage and family therapist. She earned a master’s degree in Family Studies and a PhD in Family Relations. She has over 20 years of clinical experience working with children adolescents and adults. She has a clinical focus in family relations, substance-abuse and trauma.
Leah has worked in several treatment settings, including inpatient, outpatient, and in-home therapy, both as a therapist and a clinical supervisor. She currently serves as a Director of adult outpatient services in a community mental health center.
- PhD in Family Relations, Master's in Family Studies
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- Trauma, child and adolescent therapy, substance abuse, infant mental health.
Author: Marni Low
- MA, LMFT, CASAC
- Private Practice in Brooklyn, New York. NYS licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, NYS State Certified Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselor
- Substance Abuse, Eating Disorders, Postpartum Depression
Author: John F. Kelly
- Ph.D. Clinical Psychology, U.C. San Diego; Pre-doctoral Clinical Fellow Brown University; Post-doctoral Fellow Brown University Center for Alcohol and Addiction Studies
- President of American Psychological Association Society of Addiction Psychology; Program Director of Addiction Recovery Management Service (ARMS); Director of Recovery Research Institute (RRI)
- Center of Addiction Medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital; Psychiatry Department at Harvard Medical School
- Recovery-Oriented Systems of Addiction Care
Author: Meredith Watkins
- Master's in Psychology (Chapman University)
- Marriage and Family Therapist
- Eating Disorders, Dual Diagnoses
Author: Lauren Muhlheim
- Psy.D., Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology, Rutgers University; B.A. (Psychology), Princeton University
- Psychologist and Certified Eating Disorder Specialist in Private Practice, Los Angeles, CA
- Board Director for Outreach, Academy for Eating Disorders
- Eating Disorders, Anxiety, Depression
Author: Kindra Sclar
Author: Mark Willenbring
- M.D., University of Minnesota; University of California, Davis - School of Medicine
- Founder and CEO at Alltyr, Inc.
- Former Director of the Division of Treatment and Recovery Research of the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism at the National Institutes of Health
- Alcohol and Substance Use Disorders, especially complex cases involving multiple mental and physical disorders
Author: Bradley F. Sorte
- BA Psychology – Rice University, BS Legal Studies – Kaplan University, MSW – Florida Atlantic University, MBA – Florida Atlantic University
- Primary Therapist, Caron Ocean Drive
- Family Systems, High Net Worth Clients
Author: Mark Kleiman
His books include When Brute Force Fails: How to Have Less Crime and Less Punishment (named by The Economist as one of the “Books of the Year” for 2009), Against Excess: Drug Policy for Results (winner of the Wildavsky Prize of the Policy Studies Organization for 19xx, and Marijuana: Costs of Abuse, Costs of Control. With Jonathan Caulkins and Angela Hawken, he co-wrote Drugs and Drug Policy: What Everyone Needs to Know, and (with those co-authors and Beau Kilmer) Marijuana Legalization: What Everyone Needs to Know.
He is also CEO of BOTEC Analysis Corporation, which advises governments, non-profits, and corporations on drug policy and crime control. BOTEC was the lead contractor in implementing a legal cannabis market in Washington State.
Mr. Kleiman grew up in Baltimore where he attended local public schools and graduated from Haverford College (B.A. in political science, philosophy, and economics, magna cum laude), before attending the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University, where he received his Master of Public Policy degree in 1974 and a Ph.D. in Public Policy in 1983. He has served as Legislative Assistant to Congressman Les Aspin, special assistant to Polaroid CEO Edwin Land, Deputy Director for Management and Director of Program Analysis for the Office of Management and Budget of the City of Boston, and Associate Director, and then Director, of the Office of Policy and Management Analysis in the Criminal Division of the U.S. Department of Justice.
His academic work focuses on designing deterrent regimes that take advantage of positive-feedback effects and the substitution of swiftness and predictability for severity in the criminal justice system, and on policies toward imperfectly rational personal behavior. He taught at Harvard and the University of Rochester before coming to UCLA in 1995.
Mr. Kleiman is also an adjunct scholar at the Center for American Progress and a member of the board of Drug Strategies. He has served as a visiting professor at Harvard Law School and as the first Thomas C. Schelling Distinguished Visiting Professor at the School of Public Policy at the University of Maryland.
- M.P.P. and Ph.D. from The John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University
- Professor of Public Policy in the UCLA School of Public Affairs
- Crime Control, Drug Policy and Policy Analysis
Author: Paul Hokemeyer
- Ph.D. in Psychology from Saybrook University; J.D. from Capital University Law School
- Marriage and Family Therapist for Private Practice, Senior Clinical Advisor to Ocean Drive at Caron Rennaissance
- Family, Marriage, Addictions, Wealth Identity
Author: Beth Sanders
- LCSW, LCAS, MAC, CCS
- CEO and Executive Director of Hope Homes, Inc.
- National Alliance of Recovery Residences (NARR)
- Addiction Recovery, Recovery Residences
Author: Joslyn Jelinek
- LCSW RDDP
- Chicago Human Potential
- Postpartum depression Substance abuse Internet addiction Parenting children in the digital age
Author: Stacy Mosel
Stacy Mosel is a licensed social worker, psychotherapist and substance abuse specialist. After receiving a Bachelor's degree in Music from the State University of New York at Stony Brook, she continued her studies at New York University, earning a Master of Social Work degree in 2002.
She has extensive training in child and family therapy and in the identification and treatment of substance abuse and mental health disorders. Currently, she is focusing on writing in the fields of mental health and addictions, drawing on her prior experience as an Employee Assistance Program counselor and as the assistant director of a child and family services agency.
- Master of Social Work
- Licensed Master Social Worker, Substance Abuse Professional (SAP)
- Addiction, dual diagnosis, mental health, employee assistance.
Author: Marc Lewis
- Developmental Neuroscientist and Professor of Developmental Psychology at Radboud University in the Netherlands
- Neuroscience and Addiction
Author: Kevin Murphy
- Psychologist, Clinical Director
- Practical Recovery Inc.
- Addiction, Assessment, Men's Psychology
Author: Walter Ling
- Board certified in Neurology and Psychiatry Fellow of the American Academy of Neurology
- Professor Emeritus of Psychiatry Founding director of the Integrated Substance Abuse Programs (ISAP) at UCLA
Author: Carolyn Ross
- M.D., M.P.H.
- Eating Disorder and Addiction Medicine Specialist
- Eating Disorders Extended Care at The Ranch in Tennessee
- Integrative Medicine for Eating Disorders, Addictions, Obesity and Mood Disorders