Oxford Health Plans for Addiction Treatment
Seeking treatment for an addiction problem needs to be a top priority for those struggling with a substance use disorder (SUD). In this article, you can find valuable information about addiction treatment coverage by learning how to access your Oxford Health Plans benefits.
American Addiction Centers (AAC) strives to provide you with the most updated information on each carriers’ addiction insurance coverage, but policy changes and errors do occur. Please check with your insurance carrier directly to confirm coverage levels.
Does Oxford Cover Addiction Treatment?
When you have a substance use disorder (SUD), treatment is a crucial first step to putting you on the path to recovery. Whether you are dealing with a drug or alcohol addiction, detox and therapy are instrumental in getting you back on the right path in life. You may be wondering whether Oxford covers drug rehab. In most instances, insurance carriers provide some level of addiction treatment care.
Oxford health is covered under United Healthcare’s insurance provider, and substance abuse falls within the behavioral health coverage.1 You have access to at least some coverage for substance abuse recovery services and therapy coverage with your Oxford healthcare plan.1
Checking Your Insurance Benefits
Knowing exactly what Oxford Health Plans cover can give you peace of mind while you or your loved one is in rehab. You can do the work of getting and staying sober without worrying about unexpected costs or financial struggles. For more information on Oxford insurance plans and to check what your plan covers, call +1 (888) 341-7785 , click here, or fill out the form below.
Do Treatment Centers Need to Be In-Network?
When looking for substance abuse treatment, you can search for an in-network provider by verifying your insurance benefits with the place you plan to visit, or you can call the phone number on the back of your insurance card. In-network providers have contracted with Oxford to provide the best rate for services, which means you get that discount passed on to you. You still may need a pre-authorization for services, so it is best to verify your plan’s benefits with your insurance provider or the rehab facility.1
Oxford’s in-network providers and facilities are located in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut.2 If you find yourself outside this area for whatever reason, Oxford also has national providers who may be available to you.2 Contact Oxford for further details.
The cost of alcohol or drug addiction treatment may appear to be an obstacle, but we are here to help. Insurance may cover all or some of your rehab.
Find out if your insurance covers long-term addiction rehabilitation.Check Online Now
What Are the Coverage Levels and Plans for Oxford?
Oxford Health Plans coverage is available in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut.2 Plans are available to individuals, families, and employers through Oxford Health Plans and are as follows:3
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO): restricts patients to a particular group of physicians called a network. One doctor coordinates your care.
- Point of Service (POS): type of managed care plan that combines elements of HMO and PPO.
- Freedom Plan PPO: no PCP is required.
- Oxford EPO: for employees within the Oxford Freedom Network.
- Oxford PPO HSA: does not require a PCP referral for specialist visits.
- Oxford EPO HSA: paired with an HSA.
What Different Types of Addiction Treatment Does Oxford Cover?
Depending on the severity of your addiction, you may require a certain level of addiction treatment. Oxford health may provide coverage for the following addiction treatment programs:5
- Detox treatment: In this program, you will be monitored during the withdrawal phase of your treatment. Clinicians will ensure your safety during this time.
- Inpatient treatment: This includes physician oversight and 24/7 monitoring until you complete the program.
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP): This is a step down from inpatient treatment and includes coming to the facility most days of the week for most of the day. You will return home at night.
- Outpatient treatment: You’ll come to the facility for therapy regularly, usually once or twice a week unless it’s intensive outpatient treatment.
What Should I Do if Oxford Won’t Cover the Total Cost of Rehab?
If you find that Oxford does not cover the type of rehab services you need, there still may be options for you to get treatment. Check with the facility you plan to go to and ask whether they have a payment plan arrangement. They may also offer financial aid, discounts, or sliding scale fees. To help pay for any amount not covered by insurance, you can arrange a loan from friends and family or take out a personal loan. Be sure to check all the different options because taking care of your health is of the utmost importance.
You can use your Oxford Health Plans insurance plan to take advantage of getting addiction care today. To start on your path toward recovery, contact one of our admissions navigators; they will provide you with the information and support that you need.