Above It All Treatment Center in Lake Arrowhead, CA

Call (888) 997-3153 to Contact Above It All Treatment Center

28200 CA-189 J100
Lake Arrowhead CA 92352

Above It All Treatment Center Philosophy

Above It All Residential Addiction Treatment Center offers clinically proven treatment for drug and alcohol abuse. We accept most private health insurance and offer flexible financing options to help pay for treatment. Our clients love us- 84% of past clients surveyed said they would recommend us to a friend or family member. Our treatment staff are a hand picked group of licensed professionals with decades of combined experience and certifications ranging from MFT's to PhD's and MD's. A day in the life of our clients consists of eating chef prepared meals, experiential activities such as yoga and hiking in our scenic location to promote healing of the mind, body and spirit. Clients get to the underlying causes of their addictions in group and individual therapy then return to our luxurious cabin-style residences. Our clients are treated like the adults that they are- with respect, dignity and empathy. Our industry leading treatment outcomes show that change is possible for anyone who is willing to do the work, and Above It All is dedicated to connecting with each and every client to help them achieve long-lasting sobriety. Contact us: https://aboveitalltreatment.com/contact-us
See our facility: https://aboveitalltreatment.com/the-experience

• Medically Assisted Detoxification
    Clients are provided medically assisted detoxification to ease withdrawal symptoms in a safe, therapeutic environment for maximum comfort. Clients are provided medication such as Suboxone® as needed.

• Life Skills Training
    Clients who have successfully completed the first phase of treatment are invited to participate in a comprehensive life skills training program. Program offerings include themes such as medication management, financial planning and budgeting, resume writing, time management, job interview preparation, meal preparation, and more.

Holistic Healing

Meditation

Individual Counseling Sessions

Paul Robertson

Executive Chef

Paul Robertson is Above It All’s head chef and kitchen manager. Paul has been a culinary chef for 15 years. Paul’s favorite part about working for Above It All is that he gets the chance to help change and save lives. He enjoys being able to comfort our clients through nutritional home cooked meals. Paul takes pride in knowing his meals help our clients feel at home and loved. Paul enjoys the freedom of being himself and feels most alive when he is sharing hope to those in recovery. Paul loves to hike and hunt for giant pinecones. He has competed in The “Worlds Biggest Pinecone” Contest and is known as the Pinecone King!

Matthew Warren, CADC-II

Program Director

Name: Matthew Warren, CADC-II,ICADC
· Title: Program Director

· Education: Attended the California Paramedical & Technical Institute with a specialization in counseling.

· Certifications: CADC-II,ICADC

· Independent Studies/ Continuing education: Criminal Addiction Psychology

· Interests: Play Some Funky Rock & Roll Music, Ride Quads, Sushi, Family, Biking, Hiking, Jet Ski, Flying, Ocean, Mountains.

· People say that Matt: “Cares about clients, goes the long mile, generous, efficient, personable.”

ABOUT ABOVE IT ALL TREATMENT CENTER

Located on the banks of Lake Arrowhead in California’s San Bernardino Mountains, Above It All (AIA) offers medication-assisted detoxification and residential treatment for adults struggling with substance use and co-occurring mental health disorders. The secluded, woodsy setting supports holistic rehabilitation through physical activity and reflection in nature, integrated with personalized, 12-step-based treatment plans.

Some clients come to AIA following an intervention conducted by the center’s staff. Most treatment programs then begin with detox. Individual client treatment plans may address such co-occurring behavioral challenges as anorexia, gambling, or OCD. Residents participate in individual and group therapy sessions along with life skills development, nutritional education, yoga, and meditation.

Additional services available through AIA include a transitional sober living program on-site and assistance with legal issues.

The facility employs master’s level therapists, registered alcohol and drug technicians, and licensed vocational nurses. Several treatment team members, including the hands-on founder and CEO, are in long-term recovery.

Living accommodations are in rustic cabin-style homes, in which residents share bedrooms. Cozy common areas represented in facility photographs feature fireplaces and views of the woods and lake outside. On-site chefs prepare meals.

Of 12 alumni reviews received by Rehabs.com, eight were positive and four were negative. All but one of seven alumni surveyed by Rehabs.com provided consistently positive feedback, while of five additional alumni submitting written reviews, three were significantly less satisfied.

Metrics measuring the effectiveness of treatment and likelihood to recommend AIA each received ratings of five out of five stars from all but one respondent, who selected just one star for both questions. Likewise, counseling options, holistic treatment, and the level of staff training and experience all received average ratings of over four stars.

Alumni tended to express strong satisfaction with accommodations, giving meals and nutrition, opportunities for exercise and leisure, and the facility’s cleanliness and upkeep each high ratings.

The program’s affordability received an average rating of 4.3 stars. In contrast, the one alum, CBD, who provided more negative survey responses identified a focus on money from the facility’s leaders as a weakness. Nevertheless, CBD also wrote that “the atmosphere … is great, and if you really want change you can get it,” as well as complimenting some staff members as “great to talk to and relate to.”

Other critical reviews, one of which received a response from the facility on Rehabs.com, agreed with CBD’s comments about finances. Two characterized staff members as rude or unresponsive, and one expressed concerns about medication.

Positive comments focused on the individualization of treatment, beautiful setting, and long-term, life-saving effects of the program.

Of four reviews submitted by loved ones, three were overwhelmingly positive and one negative. Like alumni, loved ones repeatedly praised the staff and the personalized nature of the program. All three polled on opportunities for family involvement in treatment provided five star ratings, although one noted a desire for more family time.

In the one negative review, Matt reported that his family was charged for treatment although his spouse left early. He also represented the facility as overbooked.

At the time of this writing, Rehabs.com has received eight very positive reviews and no negative feedback from the staff of Above it All.

CONCLUSION

According to its website, AIA accepts in-network insurance coverage from Aetna, Cigna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and UnitedHealthcare. Other insurance plans are also accepted and financial assistance is available through a partnership with a healthcare loans company. The facility offers a guarantee to individuals who have completed a 60-day residential program and 90 days of outpatient treatment. If an eligible alum relapses within a year, they have access to 30 days of treatment free of charge.

AIA has received attention in local news outlets for four deaths associated with the facility. A March 2017 Alpenhorn News story reported the death of a client on-site, purportedly due to respiratory problems. The story also mentions three pending lawsuits related to previous deaths. AIA’s CEO is quoted in the article discussing the facility’s medical protocol and staffing which go “above and beyond the requirements.”

Updated April 2017

Published on June 2017

BEWARE OF THIS PLACE and if you need help, thoroughly check out other places, but DON'T GO TO Above it All or any of their other facilities. I refuse to give this place any part of a star. They promise a lot but deliver NOTHING. This facility is in a remote place and there is no doctor there. He went in to detox late on a Friday night in Feb. 2017 and was dead by early Sunday morning. They made so many mistakes and made so many promises that they didn't follow up on. Please don't go to this place and don't send any loved ones to any facilities owned bythem.

I owe my life to Above it All treatmeant center! Without the help, education care that I received from their amazing treatmeant team & staff, I do not think I would be alive today! I am currently 3 years clean & sober from alcohol, cocaine & meth. Their treatmeant doesn't end when you leave treatmeant, I am still in contact with counselors & staff that are invested in my recovery. I traveled from Michigan to California for treatmeant because of the lack of quality treatmeant programs in Michigan. Even though it sucked to be away from everyone I knew & loved, it allowed me to do actually work on myself and to understand recovery. Best decision in my life going to AiA without them I would of never of gotten to be with my family, which I get to now because of their help getting clean & sober and teaching me how to live a life in recovery!

this place has really turn my life around, at the time they kept saying things will be better and all I rmember saying to myself was like yea what ever u say. the fact is they where rite things do get better when u surrender and that is what I did this place has taught me a lot, and it is true that there is some kind of spiritual things going on that mountain cant even explain it but im truly bless to have meet the staff there and they are family and I would recommend any one suffering to try AIA

On March 9 th I can proudly say I'm 4 years sober thanks to the staff at AIA and my continued support groups 😀😀😀

Big joke of a place to go !! Rude, manipulative, deceiving, uncaring !! They continually tried to start me on taking new medications...They forced me to go to the hosp and get heart tests done and I had NO heart problems before or while there ! They wouldn't let me decide if I wanted the tests or not !

We are thankful for the chance to talk to you about our treatment protocols today. Our clinical team's top priorities are keeping our clients safe, healthy and sober. Addiction treatment is not one size fits all because no two people are exactly alike. Our staff builds a unique treatment plan for each client that is tailored to their needs and recovery goals. These plans can include everything from medication assisted therapies that can make the detox process as safe and comfortable as possible... to yoga and nutrition counseling. We take precautions to ensure that our clients receive the best care with the highest levels of health safety and lowest possible risk. We only have one goal- to help you get your life back and find freedom from addiction. We would like to invite anyone who has questions or concerns about medication assisted therapies for addiction treatment or any other questions about drug and alcohol rehab to call us. We are happy to help you through this tough time.

Compassion and professionalism. The staff genuinely cares about the client's well being, and go above and beyond to make sure the clients are com This facility is top notch I had a family member struggle with addiction who had several failed attempts at other treatment centers. I felt confident enough in the staff and program at AIA to entrust my loved one there. She completed the program and has been successful in her recovery ever since.

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to offer such wonderful feedback about our treatment facility. Your comments help us to continually improve and bring smiles to the faces of our team members.

Loving staff, environment/locale. The feed back that I have had from former clients has one common denominator, that our staff is loving and dedicated and meets our clients where they are.

Thank you, JLH for taking the time out of your day to speak so kindly of our programs.

Kind, loving, supportive staff members, structured groups, great communication with families. Due to the structure of the program the facility fills up quickly and we have had to turn people away. I think Above It All Treatment Center is one of the best programs around with the most caring staff! I have watched time and time again as this program goes above and beyond for its clients and provides them with treatment that works.

KS- Addiction hurts many more people than just the person struggling with substance abuse. Families and loved ones can play a key role in the recovery process, so we try to involve them whenever it is possible and healthy to do so. Thank you for recognizing this and other important parts of our efforts to end addiction. We are so grateful for your feedback.

Great place with excellent staff Sometimes we care about clients to much I have worked with this facility for over two years now and I have never worked with a group of people that are so caring, understanding, honest and ethical.

The team that we have put together at Above It All is second to none. They meet our clients where they are on their road to recovery from addiction and give them the tools that they need to lead healthy, sober lives.

Compassionate, well trained staff Staff works as a team to address and prepare individual clients' needs.

Our team is great at what they do because they put our clients first. They care for them and are deeply invested in the recovery of everyone who comes through our doors.

They have a very comprehensive treatment program. The staff is well trained and the facility is run with integrity. From the first call to the aftercare, the staff really cares about you and your recovery.

Located in beautiful mountain setting with spectacular views, Above it All will help clients recover from Physical, mental, and spiritual addiction. Genuine and compassionate staff who truly care will share your burden, provide you with the essential tools to get and stay clean, will provide laughter and tears and stand beside you and share in your success. Currently do not have a female program. I have seen so many broken people walk, limp, and crawl through our doors seeking reprieve from active addiction. Our team stands by them, counsels, them, and guides them. They are made whole again by the time they leave. They have a sparkle in their eyes, a smile on their face. That's what happens at AIA.

They treat each client with Love and Respect. Because it is such a large facility sometimes they can't get everyone in. I have been sober for 893 days today thanks to Above It All Treatment Center and their staff.

Family atmosphere. Staff is very caring, and involved.

Compassion, Understanding, Experience were nice. I have worked with AIA for roughly 6 months. The clinical care is second to none which never comes at the expense of fair and equal treatment. Patients are treated with compassion, respect and understanding. Our amenities are clean, safe and comfortable for patients. With us, you are never just a number, you are our family and we treat you as such :)

Private homes nestled in a gorgeous mountain setting, chef prepared meals catered towards healthy living, strong local 12 step meetings, fun diverse weekend activities, individual counseling that is customized for the individual, groups geared towards sustaining sobriety, extremely supportive staff and amazing peer to peer support. If you aren't okay with a small town feel, this might not be the place for you. This is not like other treatment programs, this is a place where you can come to get clean and sober and learn to stay that way. AIA isn't just about getting clients sober, but really focuses on helping clients with their underlying co-occurring issues as well as incorporating family and friends into a client's individualized treatment plan. Not only is this place affordable, but it has the feel of beautiful high end mountain resort. The most important thing is the staff, local 12 step community and your peers help to build you up and show you life after addiction.

I have 893 days sober thanks to Above It All Treatment Center. As a client I was treated with Love and Respect.

Never before have I ever worked with a group of individuals that truly care for the well being of every addict that walks through our doors. The staff is very committed and take great pride in sharing our own struggles, strengths and hope with every addict when ever needed. I have been blessed to work for Above it All and continue to see many addicts leave with a new outlook on life while living in recovery from their addictions.

5/2016 Bottom line. Above it all saved my life. My body and spirit were shutting down completely and the day I picked up the phone, and got there a few days later saved me from certain death. I was a severe alcoholic for many years and had gone through extremely tough times that led me to depend mentally and physically on it. I never thought I would make it through the withdrawal and most of all to feel back to what people call "normal" but as I'm approaching my 1 year milestone this month May 16th, I cannot describe how finally after a decade of being an addict I am Free! Everything I could only dream of is coming true and is only getting better. I did it by taking one day at a time, not stressing over the things I cannot change, praying and making that initial scary step to call AIA which I owe my life to. To all those who thinks it's going to be too hard, are scared, maybe pushing it off, can't see any light in their lives.. Do not think, Do it. I promise it can and will get so much better. But only You can take that first step. Know you're not alone and God bless. And again forever, thank you Above it all for the amazing staff, great atmosphere, good times and for saving and getting my life back! Best wishes, Steve Sober Date5/19/2015 Exit/Graduation Date 7/18/2015

Strengths: Caring, understanding, structure. However, Very strict on fraternization. Above it All provide the knowledge I needed to understand my disease and helped me build a foundation I could stand on with the tools and strength to maintain my sobriety at home.

Some of the staff were great to talk to and relate to. They helped you through some of your issues. However, it was all about money and staff members not wanting to help the next person just wanting to fill the next bed. All in all, the atmosphere in which it is placed is great, and if you really want change you can get it, but you'll have to work hard

It is in a beutiful location, in the mountains in Lake Arrowhead, California. The clinical team is is unbelievable. It is gender specific. The groups were small. Individualized treatment plan. I relapsed after many years clean and sober and had been to many treatment programs. This program saved my life. My children have their mother back! I would recommend this program to anyone!!

Wife signed up for 28 days to rehab off xanax. After 12 days she was okay and decided to go home against their wishes. They said if she left she is on her own with NO assistance with flight or taxi. Once she got home she was.totally fine but they still billed our insurance for 30,000 dollars. All they care about is the money. Bottom line!!!!! The first two days of my wife's rehab she was on a couch because they didn't have a bed for her. But.....they wanted her out there asap so they could make 30,000 for 12 days of rehab!

Bull. You really wanna know what's going on? I'm paying a ton of money for treatment that I never got. The whole thing is a sick joke.

Their ability to customize programs based on strengths of individuals was a strength of the facility. The inability to include more family time was a downfall. I feel this center is geared for those who arent completely lost. this is geared for people who want to have a normal life again.

We are a small, personable, effective treatment program that is set in a comfortable, home-like atmosphere. We include family and friends to insure that our client has strong support both during treatment and after discharge.

Everything this program does is great! I wish my insurance would cover longer. My experience here was awesome! When my insurance stopped covering, they even helped me find another program that I could get into.

I got pneumonia three weeks ago at this rehab and ended up in the hospital for 7 days. I still have not gotten back my personal items back including a laptop. I'ver called and emailed a half dozen times. The lady who is supposed to be taking care of getting my stuff back has been completely unresponsive. I will update this if they ever get my stuff back to me.

Sunspire Health Desert Palms
  • Detox
  • Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
Sobertec