Action Drug Rehabs - Piru Drug and Alcohol Treatment Center in Piru, CA

Call (800) 367-8336 to Contact Action Drug Rehabs - Piru Drug and Alcohol Treatment Center

691 North Main St.
Piru CA 91350

Action Drug Rehabs - Piru Drug and Alcohol Treatment Center Philosophy

Action Family Counseling is unique in that we have IN-NETWORK insurance contracts with nearly all major health plans.

Often times Action’s treatment prices are covered at up to 80-100% by individual’s health plans. Out-of Network rehabs are mostly more expensive than treatment at In-Network rehab centers like Action.

Our pricing structure is set up to be very competitive and to minimize the financial burden of families in need of treatment & rehabilitation for a loved ones’ alcohol and other drug usage.

Please read on to learn more. We have a team of substance abuse experts on standby awaiting your call for help should you need to reach out anytime.

Action Family Counseling employs a multidisciplinary approach to alcohol and other drug usage disorder, providing residential treatment (rehab), intensive outpatient services, and partial hospitalization (full day treatment) to those struggling with addiction in Southern California.

Action Family Counseling provides daily addiction education groups focusing on themes such as relapse prevention, addiction as a disease, personal relationship development, peer problem solving, behavioral triggers, and 12-Step principles.

In addition to group work, clients are encouraged to attend individual counseling sessions to develop skills for independent living, personal growth, stress management, decision making, communication, and more.

Loved ones are encouraged to assume an active role in individuals’ recovery by participating in family therapy sessions.

• Rejuvenating Excursions
    Clients are invited to participate in regular outings to scenic locations for holistic recovery. Excursions include outings to picturesque beaches, day trips to Lake Piru, and rejuvenating outdoor walks and hikes.

• Exquisite Residential Amenities
    Located in an exquisitely appointed two-story manor, Action Family Counseling’s historic residential facility features an early 19th-century colonial revival structure complete with an idyllic patio and second story balcony nestled above century-old foliage. Once a high-end bed and breakfast, Action Family Counseling has transformed the premises to serve as an enriching and rejuvenating setting for enduring recovery.

Individual Therapy

Individualized Treatment

Identifying behavioral triggers

Cary Quashen

CEO/Founder

Cary Quashen has dedicated the past 30 years of his life, reaching troubled teens and dysfunctional families with the objective of passing the wisdom and expertise he has obtained in his 36 years of sobriety. Quashen provides evaluation, assessments and interventions to parents, school districts and the juvenile justice system. Cary has become a nationally recognized expert working with adults and adolescents struggling with addiction to drugs and alcohol.

Ryan Lauermann

Lead Facility Manager

Ryan has over 13 years of experience in the Substance Use Disorder field. He was a key part of start-up of many new innovative programs. Ryan has years of experience in Management, as an Interventionist and Group facilitator has allowed him to be a mentor to people seeking treatment. Ryan has assisted in setting up programs in multiple states with great success. Ryan continues to be passionate in helping people recover.

ABOUT ACTION DRUG REHABS - PIRU DRUG AND ALCOHOL TREATMENT CENTER

Action Family Counseling (AFC) in Piru, Calif., in Ventura County offers residential treatment for adults struggling with drug and alcohol addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders. Founded in 1997, AFC operates four rehab facilities in Southern California. In addition to the adults-only residential program at the Piru location, partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient, and adolescent programs are available at AFC's other facilities.

Before admission, clients take an initial assessment to evaluate their alcohol and drug use, mental health disorders, and educational needs. Program length lasts between one and three months, depending on individual needs. According to a 2017 SAMHSA survey, 33.6 percent of treatment facilities in California offer a residential program that is 30 days or longer.

With treatment based on the 12 Steps, residents are expected to attend AA/NA meetings seven days a week. The center also holds that family involvement is an important part of treatment.

All treatment programs are individualized and use a combination of individual and family therapy, daily group therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), solution-focused therapy, and specialty therapy for trauma. There are also daily addiction education groups, some of which address peer-based problem solving. Identifying behavioral triggers and developing healthy relationships are key goals.

AFC has a staff-to-client ratio of 1:6. According to AFC's website, the staff team is comprised of highly trained experts in the fields of addictive medicine, substance misuse treatment, and mental health. Both of AFC's adult rehab centers are governed by a licensed marriage and family therapist (MFT).

AFC's facilities are among the 182 facilities (13.9 percent) in California that are certified by the Joint Commission.

Residents share rooms with private bathrooms in a two-story 22-bed Colonial Revival home built in a secluded location in 1887. According to a 2017 SAMHSA survey, the average number of beds in California residential rehab facilities is 30. Leisure provisions include regular excursions to nearby beaches and Lake Piru.

At the time of this writing, Rehabs.com has received feedback from 13 alumni, most of whom reported positive experiences. Many of the nine former clients who left positive feedback praised the staff. "I came here and it saved my life the staff are easy to talk to and truly care about everyone that goes through. I truly believe the staff is what makes this program so great," T. wrote in a representative review

Offering five-star ratings for the facility's cleanliness and inclusion of 12-step programming, alum Jennifer wrote: "Our day was always structured which I liked. It kept you focused on recovery." She also gave a perfect five-star rating for the likelihood she'd recommend the facility to others.

Contrary to what positive reviewers wrote, the three negative reviewers complained about staff being too distracted and said employees were "unprofessional." M. wrote in a representative review: "This facility is understaffed and the counselors lack the proper education...The house itself is disgusting and filthy."

Feedback from alumni on secondary review sites was also mostly positive. On AFC's official Facebook page, which facility staff can manage, 63 reviewers contributed to an average 4.7 out of five-star rating.[1] On Google, however, six reviewers gave only an average three out of five-star rating.[2]

Of the four loved ones surveyed by Rehabs.com to date, two were negative and two were positive. A.B. wrote in a review representative of the positive perspective: "My son was there for a month, and has been in Sober Living for 7 months since then. He's clean, sober, and has a job!!! It's a miracle!" Both negative reviewers wrote that they felt the treatment was unaffordable and that the facility would not let their loved ones contact their insurance companies.

However, loved one Amy gave perfect five-star ratings for the facility's staff experience and training, ability to treat co-occurring disorders, visitor policies, and the level of family participation. "They keep them busy and are very caring!" she wrote.

Though Rehabs.com has yet to receive any reviews from staff members, nine current and former employees rated the facility on Glassdoor.[3] Those that left feedback specifically relating to client experience tended to have positive impressions. "Recovery program second to none," wrote one anonymous former employee in a representative review.

According to AFC's website, this facility accepts private insurance, and treatment fees are determined on a sliding scale. To date, the two individuals polled by Rehabs.com on the matter gave a four- and five-rating for the facility's affordability.

[1] https://www.facebook.com/pg/afcinc/reviews/?ref=page_internal
[3] https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Action-Family-Counseling-Reviews-E364363.htm

Published on December 2018

Dh

If you value your bank account and your insurance runs out while your there. The owner will bleed you dry. My son was not able to contact his insurance co. They prohibited him from doing so. The owner drives a cadillac Escalade. Now I understand why!!!

G

My son went there. The staff was ok. The owner on the other hand was a money grubbing jerk. He would not let my son contact his insurance co. To see if he was covered. Later finding out much of it wasn’t this alleged fixer wants thousands of dollars from him. GIANT RIPOFF.

LA

NO ACTIVITIES THE WHOLE DAY TO KEEP EVERYBODY BUSY AND NOT THINK ABOUT THE ALCOHOL OR DRUGS. THEY COULD JUST ADD 2 AA MEETINGS THAT WE COULD ATTEND EVERYDAY INSTEAD OF STAYING AT THE HOUSE DOING NOTHING. SITTING AROUND WITH YOUNG COUNSELORS WHO DOESNT EVEN KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING OR CANT RELATETO WHAT WE ARE GOING THRU. WASTE OF MONEY AND TIME. IF YOU WANT TO DETOX GO TO A FACILITY THAT WILL HAVE SCHEDULED TREATMENTS FOR YOU WITH AN EXPERT INSTEAD OF STUDENTS OR VOLUNTEERS THAT DOES NOTHING,

John Merchan

I was really nervous about admitting myself to a treatment center. When I arrived at the Piru house, the counselors made me feel welcomed and accepted. I appreciate the guidance from the staff, it really means a lot.

Chlo

Action Family Counseling never gave up on me. I continuously struggled with my disease and was extremely hard to deal with. No one wanted to work with me. The Piru house welcomed me with open arms to start my journey of sobriety. Thank you so much to the treatment team at the Piru house.

Chris G

Action Family Counseling is a remarkable facility. Staff John and Cameron were a instrumental asset to my recovery. The Piru house is quintessentially, the best program I've been too. I would recommend the Piru house to anyone struggling with drug or alcohol addiction.

Cch

Amazing facility. The staff in the juvienell facility are amazing

Tyler

I came here and it saved my life the staff are easy to talk to and truly care about everyone that goes through. I truly believe the staff is what makes this program so great they know what they are talking about and have been where us addicts have gone they didnt just goto school they lived it and made it out alive i recommend anyone whos struggling or have a loved one thats struggling check this place out

Patricia

I can not thank the Piru Action Family facility enough for helping me begin the journey to sobriety. I am currently in the fourth week of my thirty days here and have nothing but fantastic things to say about the program and staff. When I first walked through the doors I was completely overwhelmed by and crazy nervous to stay for it had been my first rehab. I was ready to turn around and leave but the most amazing person, a counselor here named Melissa quickly changed that thought. Melissa told me to just give her chance so I did. I turned out to be the decision I have ever made. The program and staff including the director John have been so helpful with all my questions, counseling and support. I have no doubt that all they are doing for me will lead me to the life of sobriety.

Amy

They keep them busy and are very caring! I highly recommend Action Family Counseling in Piru, CA. My son was there for a month, and has been in Sober Living for 7 months since then. He's clean, sober, and has a job!!! It's a miracle!

Maria

This facility is understaffed and the counselors lack the proper education and are always visibly stressed out. There is no structure, clients were actually the ones making sure we had our 3 group sessions a day by leading them. The house itself is disgusting and filthy. In addition they are absolutely not qualified for clients to detox there. It was a horrible and unproductive stay.

No surprise as this facility is unprofessional, unorganized and dishonest. The staff are a either too busy or they just don't care, hard to tell because they are genuinely dumb.

Anthony

I was there 3 years ago and I'm still sober. I was nervous at first but staff was friendly and really try to take care of you. Food is decent 3 squere meals a day plus lots of snacks. Only issues is some people are there to really try and stop their addiction while others are there just because they have to. I meet alot of great people I wished I would of stayed in contact with I wish them the best. I hope to go soon to the Saturday sessions if guests are still allowed to speak. Once again a really good place if your serious about recovery. I want to thank everyone that helped me through this period in my life I wish you guys continued success. If any one from staff actually reads this...Thanks again from Big Puppet.

Jennifer

Our day was always structured which I liked. It kept you focused on recovery. There was some free time but most of us would work on our assignments given to us by the counsellors. I loved that we got to go to 12 step meetings every day. The food was good and there was plenty of it. Each room had their own bathroom which was nice. I only had one roommate. The Piru location ( they have 4 more ) , was a big house and could hold a lot of clients. There was really not enough staff at night to deal with things that came up. If you are serious about your recovery , it is fine. However, in my experience, there was a lot of young young adults..18-21, and it was both males and females so there was drama but I just ignored it and focused on my reason for being there and didn't get caught up in that stuff.

Local...cheaper than some...good staff. Food and programs seemed to be lacking. You get what you pay for.

Kelsey

My sister went to AFC. She is doing great and now encouraging me to use this program to get clean. Unfortunately I do not have insurance. I am really trying to find a place to get into for my boyfriend and I to detox at least. We want to change our lives and do better and start our lives towards a successful future that we want. Please if anyone knows of a place that would help us with detox, I do not have insurance and my boyfriend has Obama insurance, please let me know. I have heard many great things about AFC and I figured one of the people on this site may have a little info for what I need. Thank you all be safe and stay clean!

Angelique

I have worked as the Director of the Intensive Outpatient Programs for the past 15 years and I have sent hundreds of My clients to the Action adult and teen residential programs in piru in Santa Clarita.... and every single one of my client come back with nothing but positive things to say about the treatment regimen that they received in residential! I've had the pleasure of working with the staff here at Action for numerous years..... And they all sincerely care about their clients and love their jobs and love what we do ....every single day of our lives we get to help people and that's a huge blessing that I wouldn't trade for the world!!!!!! I worked at numerous facilities prior to working at Action... many of the supervisors at these other jobs would show up for an hour or two and then theyd go shopping for the rest of the day ...but here at Action we get to personally work with our supervisors and the owner of Action who suits up and shows up everyday and works as hard.... if not harder evry day!!! He even stays up at the high school working until 10 o'clock and gets up and goes to the hospital at 7 o'clock in the morning.... and is on the phone from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. every single night and stays on call 24 hours a day !!!!! Now that to me sounds like someeon that genuinely cares about his staff his client and his facilities!!!!

ks

I would not recommend this treatment facility. Counselors lack training. The Psychiatrist was too focused on prescribing medicine. The improper treatment prompted a rather extensive grievance letter. The owner is all about "heads if the beds" and get that insurance money. The problem with these places is that they are never held accountable. If a patient complains it falls on deaf ears because in reality, who is going to listen to the patient over a counselor? Action Family Counseling is just another money sucking treatment center. This place is a JOKE.