Addiction Campuses of Mississippi in Southaven, MS

8829 Centre Street
Southaven MS 38671

Addiction Campuses of Mississippi Philosophy

Addiction Campuses of Mississippi works with adults and adolescents struggling with substance abuse to develop realistic strategies for lifelong sobriety. Addiction Campuses of Mississippi collaborates with clients and their families every step of the way, referring expert interventionists when necessary and guiding individuals experiencing withdrawals through medically-supervised detoxification. Individual, group and family counseling are coupled with life skills coaching and aftercare support services to foster meaningful personal growth, enhanced self-awareness and enduring recovery.

• Individual Therapy
    This term describes one-on-one therapy, in which a patient and trained counselor, social worker, psychologist or psychiatrist meets privately with a patient to discuss challenges related to lifestyle, work, family and romantic relationships that may have contributed to the development of an addiction.

Joint Commission Accredited

Behavioral Health Care Accreditation

Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)

Robert Scott

LMFT, CCAP/ Director of Clinical Operations, Addiction Campuses of Mississippi

Bobby Scott is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), a Certified Advanced Clinical Drug Counselor (CACDC) and an Internationally Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (ICAADC). He holds a Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology. Bobby is also a licensed minister and is the owner and founder of Turning Point Counseling & Consulting. He is a clinical member of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT) and the Mississippi Association of Addictions Professionals (MAAP). Mr. Scott has extensive experience in both the inpatient and outpatient setting treating a wide range of issues including addictions. He was a part of the developmental and treatment team which created one of the first Juvenile and Adult Drug Courts in the state of Mississippi in DeSoto County. Bobby not only specializes in addictions but is trained in DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy) which is one of the most successful and empirically based treatment models for addressing multiple addiction and mental health disorders.

James Franks

President, Addiction Campuses of Mississippi

James (Jimmy) R. Franks is President of Turning Point Recovery, Addiction Campuses’ Mississippi campus location. Jimmy is a retired Business Executive who has helped lead numerous small companies to success. Over the past three years he has worked closely with the Turning Point Recovery team and seen lives changed. Since joining as President in November 2011, he has led his caring staff in their endeavor to continue to help people restore their lives as well as the lives of their families. He is also the founder/ president of Lighthouse Recovery Residences Inc., currently the only residential extended care homes available in Desoto County, MS. Jimmy earned is B.S. in chemical engineering from Mississippi State University and is a graduate of Command and General Staff College, US Army , Fort Leavenworth, KS. A proud husband, father, and grandfather, Jimmy has been married to his wife Jimmie Sue for almost 50 years and he served as Deacon at Longview Heights Baptist Church, Olive Branch, MS.

ABOUT ADDICTION CAMPUSES OF MISSISSIPPI

Based in Southaven, Miss., Addiction Campuses of Mississippi provides a full continuum of treatment for services for adults struggling with substance abuse and co-occurring mental health disorders. The center’s programs include medical detox, residential treatment, outpatient treatment (OP), intensive outpatient treatment (IOP), and medication management for individuals dealing with opioid addiction (Suboxone). Intervention services and ongoing aftercare are also available for clients and their families.

Upon admission, clients undergo a detailed assessment to determine whether or not medical detox is necessary. Those who require treatment for withdrawal symptoms begin their stay with detox before transitioning to residential or outpatient treatment, which is offered at both standard and intensive outpatient levels. Additionally, IOP Suboxone treatment, which incorporates counseling, addiction education, 12-step work, and family programming along with regular dosing, is available. Aftercare is provided through counseling, relapse prevention programming, educational workshops, and vocational rehabilitation.

According to the facility’s website, treatment is tailored to each client’s goals, but programming emphasizes the use dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) in both individual and group counseling. Additionally, clients participate in life skills education, 12-step meetings, and family programs. For those needing help with transitional planning for housing and continued support, assistance is available.

According to the center’s website, its team of licensed professionals and medical staff includes physicians specializing in psychiatry, nurses, counselors, and clinical supervisory personnel.

According to the facility’s website, residential clients stay at the Lighthouse Recovery sober living homes located a few miles from campus. The facility provides separate residences for men and women and can accommodate up to 40 clients at a time. Living quarters are simple but homelike; clients sleep in twin beds in shared bedrooms and have access to a full kitchen and furnished living room. Meals are provided.

The two alumni polled by Rehabs.com shared vastly differing opinions of the treatment they received at Addiction Campuses of Mississippi. T.P. provided five out of five stars for the center’s treatment effectiveness and commented on the caring staff and “very helpful” admissions department; however, L.W. provided the program’s treatment effectiveness with just one star, characterizing their experience as “Horrible.” “Treatment and accommodations are awful,” they wrote.

Reviews submitted to Google were more conclusive; each of the four reviewers submitted five out of five stars.[1] Two reviewers commented on the “great experience,” and Justin specifically highlighted the treatment team. “The staff truly cares about your recovery. I would recommend this treatment center to anyone and everyone,” he wrote.

The three loved ones surveyed by Rehabs.com were unanimous in their negative opinions of the facility and its treatment. The two respondents who were polled regarding the program’s treatment effectiveness provided just one star, and D.H., the third respondent, characterized the facility as “a joke.” While D.H. admitted that they encountered “a few good counselors,” Mike and S.F.T.W. complained about communication problems with the staff that impacted the care their loved ones received. “They will tell you and promise you everything before you commit your loved one. Then suddenly they treat you as if you don’t exist,” Mike wrote. S.F.T.W. noted that employees failed to return calls and “do not pay attention to the patients nor do they hold themselves accountable for when things happen in the facility with patients.”

Lori, the single reviewer on Yellowpages.com, also provided the facility with a rating of one out of five stars.[2] She noted inappropriate housing facilities, “questionable” treatment, and a lack of communication with the staff. “We decided to pull our son immediately, but were blocked for over a day by this organization, who conveniently ‘lost’ him. No one knew where he was for an entire day, including … a director.”

According to its website, the center accepts credit cards and works with a number of private insurance companies, including Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and Cigna Behavioral Health. Some financial assistance is available, and clients may secure loans through Clark Behavioral Health Financing.

[1] https://goo.gl/mXILCG
[2] https://www.yellowpages.com/southaven-ms/mip/addiction-campuses-of-mississippi-506576356

My experience was a nightmare. I got severely sick and had to be hospitalized due to filth of one of the properties that I lived in. My family had to come and get me after not being able to contact them 4 days. It is like a cult there. The only thing they want is money. There is no communication among the staff and everybody is hiding things to the patients. I will not refer anyone to addiction campuses. When you call on the hot lines they give you false hope that everything is going to be beautiful when you get there. It is a fraudulent and a deceptive business. Family, friends, patience, please do not go to this place. If you value your life, find someplace else to go.

I sent my fiancé here a year ago. One particular staff member allowed him to break many rules of treatment. He wasn't supposed to have access to a telephone, she would sneak him his phone and let him use it privately. Turns out they are now a couple??? Holy unprofessional!!!

Do not send anyone to this place. I was there and have to say I am in worse shape when I can out as to when I entered their program. Staff is nice but not experienced in handling this issues.

Staff that cares and admissions was very helpful.

Horrible. Treatment and accommodations are awful.

I would like to let everyone know what to expect from Turning Point. They will tell you and promise you everything before you commit your loved one. Then suddenly they treat you as if you don’t exist. I specifically asked them if they tried to get patients off all drugs, did they not use 12 step AA, and did they try to involve spouse to rebuild family. In which, they answered yes to all the above questions. If you don’t know about psychiatric drugs, you should really do some extensive research into the history and data about them. I would recommend looking up the doctors just for starters. Also, do a google search about AA cult. I was never involved with her treatment as her husband. I had to find out from someone else when her graduation was so I could go. Even though I reached out repeatedly. To try to be a part of the process that I had hoped would rebuild and restore our family. Due to the isolation and no communications between my wife and myself. We were having all kinds of assumptions and fears about where each other were coming from going in and through the process. So after she was able to get a short phone call a lot of the time it would end up in a fight because of lack of understanding and communication. So the 3rd weekend she got a 4 hour pass to get out we were so excited to see her. Our 3 children (10, 8, 6) and I went to pick her up. We came to our home where we enjoyed the afternoon. Things seemed pretty good. I didn’t talk about anything too serious though. My wife just kept saying how she could not wait to get home to all of us and our home! This was the weekend after Thanksgiving. So the time flew by and we headed to carry her back, said our goodbyes, and she hugged and kissed me and the kids. We also talked about what we would do the next Saturday when she got her 24 hour pass. We planned to go to church together on Sunday and do other activities. She said to me as leaving the car, I’ve got three calls next week so I’ll call you on Monday. Here’s where things go bizarre. Monday night, no call! Tuesday night, no call! Wednesday night, no call! I started getting kind of worried about her, so I tried to call, but no answer. So I was taking the children out to eat after Wednesday night church and I just decided to drive up there (10 minutes) and check on her. When I walked in, she was sitting there and she looked straight at me, no smile, no nod, and no wave; just turned and looked away. I was totally blown away and of course could not talk to her or anyone about her. I’m thinking the worst maybe she has found someone in here she likes or something. I drove off and in 5 minutes the phone rang. It was her. I asked if she was alright and told her I was worried about her. She proceeded to tell me that she would not be coming home on December 8th- the end of her 30 day treatment. That 30 days just wasn’t long enough for her recovery. Then she said and I won’t be coming for my 24 hour pass either. She said I have things to do to get prepared for long term sober living. I was floored!! We finally had our first family counseling session in which my wife seemed to blame me for almost everything. My wife is a smart sweet and the most caring out going person you would ever want to meet. And I love her dearly!! There is definitely something not right about her behavior. After talking to three of her counselors I see why but for sake of space, I can’t tell you of all the techniques I heard them doing to me and her. Any place or anybody that would manipulate a woman (that has done everything by the book at their facility) to leave and go live a bunch of what they call (recovering addicts) in a half-way house instead of going home to a good Christian home with lots of great ladies and friends from our church to support her. A husband that loves her more than anything, three little children that don’t understand why mommy can’t come home. And to top it off, it’s Christmas. One counselor used on me was when I told him all the above he told me that her therapist was a so many year veteran in the field and if he recommended her do this there must be a good reason. When I said I’ve been with my wife for almost 10 years, I think I know her and something about what would be good for her. He said, let me tell you something sir, I’ve been doing this 10 years and I know you don’t want to hear this but you may just not know you wife as well as you think you do. If someone made a statement to you like that about your spouse, what would that put in your mind? Fear, doubt, anxiety, mistrust! Like I said, no telling what they are telling her all day every day!! If I had it to do it over, I can tell you that I would not send my dog to this place.

This facility is terrible. The head employees do not return calls or emails. They do not counsel as promised. They do not pay attention to the patients nor do they hold themselves accountable for when things happen in the facility with patients. It's their job to fully be in charge and to carefully watch the actions and behaviors of patients... This place is very unethical and unprofessional.

A few good counselors but overall not worth the time..family member entered and compared to other facilities it is a joke.

Oxford Treatment Center