Advanced Rapid Detox at Pontiac General Hospital in Pontiac, MI

Call (800) 603-1813 to Contact Advanced Rapid Detox at Pontiac General Hospital

461 West Huron St.
Pontiac MI 48341

Advanced Rapid Detox at Pontiac General Hospital Philosophy

Dr. Julia Aharonov has partnered with Pontiac General Hospital where she performs Advanced Detox Under Sedation which safely removes heroin, pain medications, Suboxone® and Methadone. Patients are placed under IV sedation with one-on-one medical monitoring in the hospital. Because the patients sleep through their withdrawals, they do not have the intense pain that is associated with most cold turkey withdrawals. This allows the patient to detox without the intense pain that is associated with most drug withdrawals.

• Rapid Opiate Detox Under Sedation
    Rapid opiate detox is the key to conquering your addiction and changing your life for the better. Through tested and proven sedation detox therapy, you will clear the opiates from your body in the security of a professional surgical center. Advanced Rapid Detox has nearly a 100% success rate for our rapid opiate detox program, thanks to our unlimited aftercare and easy financing solutions. Enjoy withdrawal-free drug detox under sedation with round-the-clock monitoring from a board certified doctor and registered nurses. Why wait months to detox when you could be clean in just 3-4 days? That’s what you get with the rapid drug detox at our clinic. We use FDA approved sedation methods to put you to sleep through your detoxification.

• Compassionate & Professional Care
    Whether it is the Intake Counselor, Nurses, Paramedics or the two Board Certified Physicians, you will be treated with the utmost respect and understanding.

Match price of any other Rapid Detox to keep you safe in the hospital

3 day stay in the hospital

Private room & meals included

Dr. Julia Aharonov

Board Certified Anesthesiologist & C.E.O of Advanced Rapid Detox

Dr. Aharonov has practiced extensively in both hospital and outpatient facilities and has vast experience in all aspects of general, trauma, orthopedic, thoracic, vascular, obstetric, ocular, plastic, regional, and outpatient anesthesia. Dr. Aharonov has been involved in addiction medicine, particularly rapid detox under sedation, since 2007. She has investigated, perfected and created rapid detox protocols unique to Advanced Rapid Detox. She serves as an expert on the Substance Addiction forum on MedHelp.org and blogs extensively about her advice and experiences. Dr. Aharonov holds a: Cum Laude degree with Honors in Psychology from Drew University in Madison, NJ Doctorate in Medicine from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey - SOM She completed her Anesthesia residency at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan She's Certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology

Dr. Nagy Kheir, M.D.

Board Certified Psychiatrist

Dr. Nagy Kheir is a psychiatrist in Detroit, Michigan and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Pontiac General Hospital, Crittenton Hospital Medical Center and DMC Harper University Hospital He received his medical degree from University of Assiut Faculty of Medicine and has been in practice for more than 20 years. He is one of 7 doctors at Crittenton Hospital Medical Center and one of 35 at DMC Harper University Hospital who specialize in Psychiatry. Dr. Kheir holds a: Medical degree from University of Assiut Faculty of Medicine Medical School He completed his residency at Wayne State

ABOUT ADVANCED RAPID DETOX AT PONTIAC GENERAL HOSPITAL

Located in Pontiac, Mich., Advance Rapid Detox at Pontiac General Hospital offers three-day, sedation-assisted detox for people addicted to opiates. Treatment is available for a wide range of opiates, including heroin, Fentanyl, oxycodone, and many others. The facility can also provide treatment for individuals dependent on benzodiazepines.

Advanced Rapid Detox is one of only 10 rehabs in Michigan (2.2 percent of all facilities in the state) with a hospital inpatient program and one of eight facilities in the state (1.8 percent) to offer detoxification in a hospital setting.

According to the facility's website, the three-day treatment program is offered each week from Monday to Wednesday. On Monday, upon arrival, treatment begins with medical and psychological evaluations and lab testing.

Clients undergo sedation detox on Tuesday. Afterwards, residents stay in the surgical suite for 24 hours with one-on-one care with doctors, nurses, and paramedics. Clients receive a Vivitrol shot to stop opiate cravings. According to a 2017 SAMHSA survey, 16 percent of rehabs in Michigan utilize Vivitrol.

On Wednesday, clients spend the day in their hospital suites with a friend or family member. Medications are available for any post-acute withdrawal symptoms. On Thursday mornings, individuals are discharged pending an exam.

The facility's website notes Advanced Rapid Detox is led by a board-certified anesthesiologist. The rest of the treatment team includes medical doctors and nurses.

Advanced Rapid Detox's website notes that clients stay in private rooms in a hospital setting. Each Room has two queen beds, a private bath, linens, food, TV, and WiFi. The program can accommodate up to seven clients each week.

Of 29 alumni surveyed by Rehabs.com to date, 24 gave highly positive reviews. Reviewers commonly praised the treatment's effectiveness as well as the facility's staff. Many remarked on the facility's cleanliness and accommodations.

Alum J.B.S. wrote in a representative review: "Amazing and supportive staff. Super clean hospital. Procedure was great because I slept through my withdrawals. Got to Vivitrol shot so I have no cravings. First time I've been clean in 15 years! Totally worth the $$."

The one alum surveyed on specific metrics gave five stars out of five to nearly every category evaluated, including treatment effectiveness, the experience of the staff, counseling options and family participation.

Both alumni that reviewed the facility on Google gave highly positive feedback.[1] "Advanced Rapid Detox literally changed my life in 3 days!" wrote alum Jared in a five-star review that reflected the sentiments of alumni surveyed by Rehabs.com.

The two loved ones surveyed by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing had mixed opinions. One reviewer, S., wrote that "the facility was below par and my cousin, who was not ready to leave, started using again soon after treatment."

In contrast, the other reviewer, J.B., who was surveyed on specific aspects of the program, gave five out of five stars for every metric evaluated, including treatment effectiveness, professionalism, counseling options, and family participation. Overall, they indicated they would recommend the treatment center.

"The facility was immaculate and the staff was knowledgeable and super friendly," J.B. wrote, echoing sentiments from alumni. "Even though my son was an addict, he was treated with respect. We are so happy the opiate nightmare is over."

The sole staffer, L.S., polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing provided positive feedback. She gave five out of five stars to all metrics evaluated, including treatment effectiveness, counseling options, and family participation. Overall, she indicated she would recommend Advanced Rapid Detox.

"Our patients are our priority," L.S. wrote. "Our strength is in our experience. Also, we are the only Rapid Opiate Detox facility in the country that performs all 3 days in a hospital."

According to Advanced Rapid Detox's website, clients are required to pay for treatment in advance, however, some health insurances cover treatment as an out-of-network claim.

The three people surveyed by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing all gave five- or four-star ratings for the program's affordability.

Published on February 2019

Jw

My friend left this place so sick I don’t think it works for suboxone or methadone She was in bad withdrawals 2 weeks after she left They said that it was her fault They use vivitrol and that’s not a great idea if someone is on suboxone or methadone

Deb

A huge thank you to everyone at Advance Rapid Detox. I have my son back. I haven't seen my son smile and feel emotion in a very long time. Thank you really doesnt seem adequate. Im so grateful. The entire experience was wonderful. Very layed back but extremely professional at the same time. Great ream great work.

Thank you SO much for trusting ARD with your son's care. We are thrilled to know he is smiling again.

Matthew Boggs

From the first minute being there they made me feel so at ease.The entire staff at Pontiac General are awesome! If you’re looking at Rapid Detox this is the only place to go, one doctor is top notch she was awesome!

Matt Matt Matt (and your cute wife) WE LOVE YOU and are so glad you let us help. Can't wait to move next door to you when I retire. xo

William

Where do i begin, i was beyond scared and they were reassurung. I showed up on deaths bed, truly believed i was going to die , the staff was amazing not one bad experience. I am allergic to general anasthia the doctor sat by my bed all night 24 hours, after the procedure i stayed for rwo more days , the nurses and doctors are there bed side throughout.the follow up and after care has been on going since, there is no miracle cure for opiod detox it has takin some grit and determination since i left, but it is the most comfortable and best start ive ever had, thank you to everyone at ard

It was our pleasure to help you!

Dom

My wife was under pain management treatment with opioid medication for almost 20 years due to severe head trauma and broken bones requiring multiple surgeries. She developed seizures about five years ago that were not responsive to seizure medication. We finally found a doctor who suggested that her seizures we're due to the opioid and that she should stop taking them. That sounds easy to do but in reality when she started tapering off, her suffering was unbearable. We found ARD and not only has she gone a year without using pain medicine, she didn't have to suffer through withdrawal and has been seizure free for an entire year. I am so grateful to everyone at Advanced Rapid Detox.

Dom, Thank you for writing about your experience here. As you KNOW, I adore the both of you and I am SO happy that we were able to solve the problem.

Chris

TO ANYONE struggling with opiate addiction... My name is chris and I was a heroin addict for 5 years. I'm here to tell my story so that all of you know there is a way out of the endless cycle of pain and suffering. I'll start at the beginning of my journey; The day I found Advanced Rapid Detox. I had hit my ultimate low and was willing to try ANYTHING. I had tried rehab and coldturky too many times to count. I just knew deep down that if I couldn't get clean it was going to kill me. So with that I put myself in ARD's hands and began a transformation that I once thought impossible. Here I am now, clean and sober for 122 days. I've quit cigarettes after smoking for 10 years. I now go to the gym 5 days a week and haven't thought about using ONCE. All I can say is ARD is saving lives daily. BUT THERE IS ONE CONDITION: You must truly be ready to quit. This procedure will only work if you are 100% ready to quit but just need help getting clean. I recommend this place to anyone who values their life and is ready to take back control. ❤

Chris, I am thrilled to here that you take your clean time so seriously AND that we were able to help you get there! xo L

T.M.

1 of the BEST decisions I've ever made in my life!! I've been clean for over a year now and I couldn't have did it without the support of Advanced Rapid Detox!! I traveled over 10 hours just to attend this specific program!! The staff is absolutely amazing and genuinely care and respect the patients!! From the initial first call to the minute you leave, you are given one on one care!! Their is not 1 negative thing I can say about it! Most important, they give hope back when you have none left!! I HIGHLY recommend Advanced Rapid Detox!!

So glad to hear that you had such a positive experience at ARD! Keep up the great work!

Shea

I thought I was done for. I had went thru many surgeries (including brain surgery) and I have autoimmune issues. I was using percocet and morphine. In addition to chronic pain, I have depression and anxiety issues. One night, I had just had enough and I told my hub I needed help. I started searching the web and Advanced Rapid Detox was the first site to pop up. I called and talked to a staff member and she immediately eased my fears. Once I knew I was going there for sure, I texted her at all hours, to ask EVERYTHING I could possibly think of. Can I bring PJ's? Do I need make up? Am I really gonna be under sedation THAT long? Will I wake up freaking out? DON'T WORRY ABOUT ANYTHING! She and her medical staff are simply amazing. I had gotten to know her pretty good just by talking on the phone. I had to fight a little to get in. But I would not take no for an answer. After getting everything cleared, getting the money, and getting a date to start the detox process, I COULD NOT wait to get there. Thank God we only live 3 hours from ARD but people from all over come here for treatment. I haven't had any horrible withdrawals. I slept through it all. I DID withdrawal but I was under sedation and I had a nurse, assigned especially for me. The care you recieve at ARD is superb. They make you feel like family. I can't say enough about this place. If you need anything, they are there in a hot second. The Vivitrol shot will keep cravings at bay. Seriously, if you are thinking about getting clean, this is the easiest way to do it. My life is changing and it's only for the best. I felt like a princess there. And ZERO judgment!! If you are taking steps to get clean, please check this place out!

Speaking as the person who took the 'can I come in my pajama' texts...I MUST say that you are one determined lady! I am so happy that you are clean & shiny and never have to look back again. Everyone at ARD loves you, L

KL

ARD saved my life. The USA needs treatment centers all over the place in order to truly fight the opioid war. After trying everything and giving up on life completely I received the information about ARD and was terrified to go but wanted to give life one last try. I have never felt more alive and grateful to have life since going to ARD. If you are ready to free yourself from the horrible addiction of opioids then ARD is 100% the solution!!

KL my ANGEL. We love you and marvel at your recovery!!!

Cindy

This place is a godsend! Being able to detox from pain medication without suffering is a no brainer.

Cindy, Thank you for your review. GOD SEND is an outstanding compliment.

Cody

The only regret that I have is that I didn't find ARD years ago. They treated me with such respect and understanding in the midst of a crisis. The whole team were great to me and my mom. Even almost a year after the procedure, my life has changed for the better in every way. It's crazy to think how obsessed I was with heroin and now it just isn't (and won't be) part of my life. Thank you ARD and God Bless you all.

Well, I am sorry you didn't find us earlier... but at least you found us and now you are FREE!

GH

It doesn't work. They basically detox with a Vivitrol shot. I was vomiting with diarrhea and shakes for 10 days after and had to be hospitalized because I was s dehydrated. Also it was during a heat way and they had me in a room with no air-conditioning.

Our patients all undergo a full detox (opiate reversal) under IV sedation followed by a Vivitrol shot and leave us clean 100% of the time. The patient must remain committed to staying clean and receiving Vivitrol after the procedure. I am sorry that wasn't what you decided to do.

BJS

They are the warmest most attentive medical staff I have ever dealt with in my entire life and I for cancer for 8 years with my wife there is nothing that you long for they are at your bedside 24/7 they saved my life save yours do not attempt to do this right now patient basis this is not an outpatient procedure you must be in the hospital can find for the 3 days so that they can watch over you this is a very very hard thing to do but you don't feel it all you're going to feel is tired a little bit weak when it's all said and done it's worth it it's worth it I live in breathe I gave myself another two weeks I think I would have been dead

SO happy that you loved our staff. We are happy that we were able to help you get clean. xo L

Sarah

I wish we did better research - we chose this treatment to save some money for my cousin who was addicted to opiates but we quickly learned this is not the kind of thing to save money on. The facility was below par and my cousin, who was not ready to leave, started using again soon after treatment. We do not recommend Pontiac General for rapid opiate detox.

"My cousin was not ready to leave, started using again soon after treatment. We do not recommend Pontiac General for rapid opiate detox" Very interesting comment. We KNOW a patient must be ready to get clean and stay clean. We have a team of professionals who must have spoken with her to determine her intention and readiness. But if she chooses to use again 'right away'- she know that she would be putting herself at great risk AND wasting her time and money getting it done. That is not the fault of Advance Rapid Detox. She had to have claimed to be ready, and wasn't. Either way, I am sure she left the hospital- clean and sober. I am sorry she didn't choose to stay that way.

Grateful Patient

My mother called ARD when she found out I was using opiates. She was in tears and got such great information and compassion from the lady who answered the phone. When I spoke with her, she treated me with great respect. I had called other places but I was grossed out that they wanted me to recover in a hotel. Once we got to Michigan a nice driver picked us up and brought us to the hospital which was very clean. The intake process was very organized and the nurses and doctors were very informative and gave me and my mother a good overview of what to expect in the process. The detox under sedation is the best thing I could have done to get clean quickly. Because of the shot I have no cravings and I like that the staff keeps in touch with me and my mom. If it weren't for ARD, I would be dead. It's been the best year of my life because I decided to go to ARD.

So nice to hear that you have had such a great year since you got clean AND that you and your mom had a great experience. xo L

FCP

I just want to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the whole team that treated my brother. He says nothing but amazing things about the way he was treated and all the kind an support from the Pontiac Hospital. He is very exciting to start a new a fresh life. Again, THANK YOU the whole team. (Utah free)

Utah :) Thank you for the wonderful review. SO happy that we could help your brother. We know that people with family support do EXTRA fabulously after detox!

Jared

Advanced Rapid Detox literally changed my life in 3 days! Without trying to sound like a commercial I'll explain that I'm a 36-year-old male that was on opiates and methadone for over 14 years. I had no drive in life, everything was dull and I felt helpless, hopeless and lost. It's been one week ago today when ARD did the procedure and I have been feeling things that I never could have imagined. Colors seem brighter and more vivid, music even sounds better and gives me chills, my anxiety and stress about having to go to the clinic every day are now gone. I have accomplished more things this past week than I have in the past few years. Making beneficial appointments for myself, fixing things that I've put off to the side for months at a time, just spending time with my loved ones outside enjoying life once again. Everyone who sees me immediately notices a glow that they haven't seen before, it's completely amazing! I can't begin to explain how appreciative I am of the ALL the staff there at ARD. Starting with the driver that picked me up at the airport and drove me and my wife to the hospital, to everyone.. You are all saving lives! I will be sure to recommend Advanced Rapid Detox at Pontiac hospital in Michigan to anyone I know who is suffering and no longer wants to feel the weight from the chains of addiction. I truly feel blessed! Thank you thank you thank you.<3

Jared, What a blessing to help you be free again!

Hsg

Do not use this place if you have seious orthopedic injuries. They lied to me and told me my lower back pain wiuld go away. Not once did they look at my medical records. The are for heroin suboxon addicts and such. But do fleeced me out of 10,000 dollars when i will be back on legit pain meds as soon as i can. FO NOT TRUST THEM.

Dear H, Please keep in mind that a medical practice can only assess a patients condition(s) if the patient gives accurate information about their past and present medical history, and know one can know how a patient's pain level will be once off opiates- but we continue to be supportive in working with your regular physical to come up with non-opiate options. Additionally, we don't charge $10,000 for I am not even sure you are rating the correct facility. Either way, I am sorry to hear you are back on opiates as there are so many excellent choices other than the medication that likely brought you great distress.

Mike

Should have done my homework better.

P. L.

Advanced rapid detox is the most unbelievable place to go for treatment if you want to get your life back. From the first phone call to the ride back to the airport, it was nothing but professional but yet, they treat you like family. Being on pain medication from multiple back surgeries for over 10 years, ARD, gave me my life back in the matter of a week. It's been 10 weeks since I've been there and doing great. I would recommend ARD to anyone who wants to get their life back on track, or if you have a loved one, a friend, or just anyone who needs help. Please call ARD, they are miracle workers. ARD is very thorough through every aspect and is a strength in itself.

Thank you for trusting the 'miracle workers' at ARD!!

MEl

The hospital was bellow our expectations. We tried to save a few dollars going there and thank god there was no emergencies. It was ok, but we would not go back. We thought about walking away but decided to proceed and not delay treatment. But there was definitely a concern towards facility.

Thank you for your interesting feedback. I meet with each & every patient and your experience doesn't sound familiar. I would love it if you would call me on my cell at 248-897-1535 so I can hear more about your first impression as well as your entire detox experience.

Tiffany

I've never met such a more caring and compassionate group of people in my life!! They go above and beyond to make sure you have all the tools and resources to be successful. Whatever they can do to make sure your comfortable, they will! It's been over 2 months and they still check on me periodically!! Addiction is a horrible thing to face but I couldn't have asked for a better staff and experience! Everyone there is ABSOLUTELY amazing and I will never forget how they blessed and took care of me!!!

Tiffany, We love you and we are so proud of your mission to getting AND staying clean. xox Laura

Martin

rapid detox treated me like family and cared for me when I didn�t care a lot about myself

L

After extensive research into facilities offering Rapid Detox,Staff had the highest ratings, care and follow-up on-site without dumping you into a hotel to fend for yourself. Thank you ARD for reversing a decade of Brain Fog, Opioid induced Lethargy and freeing me from the clutches of unscrupulous physicians who took advantage of my illness. Can't Thank Y'all Enough, Truly no words...__??

Very glad you found us and that we exceeeded your expectations!

Samuel

Amazing experience. Absolutely life changing. Doctors and staff were very caring, professional and affectionate! Finally got the cure I needed thank god and advanced rapid detox

Sam, What an honor to be 'the cure.' Stay perfect! xo L

Jenn

Everything went great. Staff were great

Jenn, Couldn't be happier for you. Thank you for letting us help.

Bruce

Well, I kinda didn�t believe the treatment was going to work! I had been trying to get off of suboxin for a long time, and wanted desperately to be done with them! Just after two days with the 7 th floor my prayers had been answered! I would recommend Rapid detox. Pontiac Michigan to everyone!!

FREE from Suboxone! What could be better?

Rosemary

Wonderful is all I can say

Love you Rose :)

Shaun

If your addicted to opiates and WANT to stop DO NOT waste your money anywhere else!

ShaunShaunShaun. Love you and thank you for your continued love and support of our patients. We appreciate your honesty and willingness to share your story. xox L

Brian

I struggled with substance addiction for a long time and I will not disclose what substances I abused but I am so glad I chose this treatment! I am certain this treatment saved my life and couldn't be happier with my choice. The staff is very friendly and the methodology of the detox procedure here is well planned out and time efficient. I recommend this to anyone struggling with substance abuse. I am a completely different person now and I owe it all to this treatment.

Jessica

The hospital staff was nothing but wonderful and there for me during my very every step of the way. The program was exceptional, as well!

We appreciate your trust in ARD and letting us help you.

Zachary

I absolutely loved my experience here. I came into this treatment very unsure about the results, and I was treated very effectively throughout my time here and loved the whole staff. Would recommend to anyone who needs this treatment done!

Thank you for the compliment. We are so galad we could help you.

Fred

It saved my life everyone there from dr to the staff are unbelievable the really care about there patients !!!!!!

Freddy :) I am way past happy that you are doing so well. #GOblue

Sam

Excellent treatment

Yes, the treatment is great. But it's patients like YOU that are willing to share their experience with others to help save lives!

JBS

First time clean in 15 years? Can't wait to hear more good news the NEXT 15!!!!

WPD

5 star staff, hospital and treatment

Thank you for your kind review. Glad we could help.

MME

What a horrific place.

What an interesting review. Since we have never received a complaint, I would love you to call me at 248-897-1535 to discuss your experience at Advanced Detox. I am available 24/7/365. If you were a patient here, we've met... and I've spoken with every patient before, during and after the procedure and for months afterwards. SO PLEASE call me so I can understand your thoughts on this. Or perhaps you have the wrong hospital?

Oxycodone Free

It is approximately 6 weeks since I came to your facility for the ARD procedure and I cannot begin to express the joy and happiness in my life presently because I never seriously believed that I could have gotten back my life free of pills. My life has taken on new meaning and purpose since ARD. My journey started with a phone call, who I believe is the spine of this phenomenal team. My first meeting with them set the stage for the rest of my life. I was extremely impressed with the level of respect and dignity shown to me and my spouse, who accompanied me to your facility. I would like to say a HUGE THANK YOU to the team. Your love and support during my stay at the hospital was beyond the call of duty and expectations. The team at ARD are saving lifes everyday and I would highly recommend this procedure to everyone who would like to take their life away from any addiction. I am very impressed with the support I continue to receive after I returned to my home. The team is really just a phone call away. I have the utmost respect for the entire team and my prayer is that you all continue to save lives because no words will ever be sufficient or appropriate to describe the difference you are making in helping to change the course of so many lives. Your team goes beyond the call of duty and that is what sets you apart from anyone else. I will end this review by saying that I love you all very much and would make sure that I visit your facility whenever I have the opportunity to be in the area.

FREE from OXY! What a wonderful thing! Congrats and glad we had a part in your comeback!

Terry

The detox changed my life...I am in no more pain I can’t believe it but it’s true...The team is great and they will be there for all of your needs Thanks again god bless

Super good to know we helped you get your life back!

Laura

Our patients are our priority. We are so grateful that they trust us to help them through this difficult time. Our strength is in our experience. Also, we are the only Rapid Opiate Detox facility in the country that performs all 3 days in a hospital. It would be great if we were in all 50 states.

Jeff

Excellent. Should have done it much sooner. The staff was smart and compassionate and organized. They made me feel confidant and I was impressed with their system.

Jeffrey

The facility was immaculate and the staff was knowledgeable and super friendly. Even though my son was an addict, he was treated with respect. We are so happy the opiate nightmare is over. Cleanliness, experience, safety and past patients who were willing to tell us about their experience. I wish there was one in our home state.

Jeff, THANK YOU for sharing your experience. We are so proud of you and your continued recovery. xo Laura