Alpine Recovery Lodge in Alpine, UT

1018 E Oakhill Dr.
Alpine UT 84004

Alpine Recovery Lodge Philosophy

Alpine Recovery Lodge is committed to providing cutting edge addiction treatment. Each of our residents receive their own customized and comprehensive treatment program designed to help them succeed.

If you are ready to overcome your addiction to drugs or alcohol, we can help.

We accept many different forms of Insurance, including:

• Aetna
• GEHA
• Cigna
• United
• many more

Insurance can often cover the full cost of rehab treatment. Call today and get your life back.

If you are LDS and are looking for a Mormon friendly recover center, give us a call or contact us through our website.

We've help Utah residents all over the state including in Salt Lake County, Utah County, Davis and Weber Counties and more.

You need to heal.

To overcome the addictions that plague you, and we can help.

• Individualized Treatment
    Some facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.

Beautiful Scenic Utah Mountains

Treatment options tailored to individual needs

Nature & Experiential Therapy

Donald Harline

Medical Director

Dr. Harline graduated from BYU before attending medical school at Loma Linda University School of Medicine. From 1996 to 2000 he was a United States Air Force physician; he completed his four-year commitment with the rank of Major. Of his work at Alpine Recovery Lodge he writes, “I am privileged to help people who are greatly struggling to overcome their addiction. It is very much a team effort, and I have seen amazing results in many of the residents who are in recovery. The setting is beautiful, and the relatively low number of residents who are in treatment at any one time allows for more personalized care.”

Cindy Millar

Executive Director

Cindy is from Pleasant Grove, Utah. She attended BYU where she studied Accounting and Business and received a BA in Psychology from California State University, San Bernardino. She completed both the certificate and graduate programs from the Institute of Healing Arts, where she gained a deep appreciation of holistic modalities.

Cindy learned from her own experience what the parents of addicts have to go through, and she finds great fulfillment in helping the families of our residents on their own journeys of healing. She is deeply invested in her work at the Lodge and gives all that she can in order to “…halt the downward spiral, see the change in peoples’ lives, the sparkle come back in their eyes, their dreams become reality, and their lives head out on a new path.”

Located in the picturesque community of Alpine, Utah, Alpine Recovery Lodge provides anupscale residential program and outpatient-based aftercare for individuals struggling with chemical dependency and co-occurring mental health disorders. If necessary, the lodge also provides medically monitored detoxification on-site to help alleviate withdrawal symptoms.

Upon admission, clients undergo an initial assessment to guide clinicians in developing and implementing an individualized treatment plan. To treat its clientele, Alpine Recovery Lodge combines evidence-based treatment modalities with spiritual guidance, 12-step facilitation, and holistic treatment methods. Alpine Recovery Lodge’s residential program lasts between 30 and 90 days, depending on the needs and progress of the client.

Utilizing cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), rational emotive behavior therapy (REBT), and motivational interviewing (MI) approaches, the center facilitates individual, group and family counseling sessions. Counseling sessions are designed to help clients process and regulate emotions, set goals, and identify the links between destructive thinking patterns and addictive behaviors. Alpine Recovery Lodge may also offer disorder-specific groups for individuals struggling with co-occurring disorders, such as depression, trauma, and anxiety.

Optional to the resident, Alpine Recovery Lodge also utilizes a recovery approach that incorporates the principles and practices of the Church of Latter-day Saints into programming, or “LDS Rehab.” The LDS Rehab approach integrates Biblical teachings, spiritual counseling, and worship services into the program. For instance, the LDS approach incorporates the principles of the Church of Latter-day Saints into the client’s introduction to the 12-step model of recovery.

Along with traditional treatment approaches, Alpine Recovery Lodge emphasizes holistic and experiential treatment methods as integral to the client’s overall recovery and well-being. During residential treatment, clients participate in yoga, guided meditation, fitness regimens, nature hikes, and art therapy sessions.

Upon completion of the residential program, Alpine Recovery Lodge strongly encourages clients utilize the facility’s outpatient services as step-down aftercare. Alumni and families are invited to meet with counselors both in-person and via Skype or FaceTime.

Alpine Recovery Lodge employs a large, multidisciplinary team of physicians, medical support, master’s level substance abuse counselors, mental health counselors, family counselors, case managers, house managers, and a support team of group presenters and life coaches.

Alpine Recovery Lodge is an upscale, lodge-like facility situated 4,591 ft. above sea level in a beautiful, natural setting. The lodge features comfortable, well-furnished communal living areas, and clients share spacious, double-occupancy bedrooms with private bathrooms. Residents enjoy healthy, freshly prepared meals and access to a fitness facility for daily exercise. During treatment, the lodge also facilitates hiking outings and nature therapy. If necessary, Alpine Recovery Lodge offers free airport pickup.

The 19 alumni polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing praised all areas of the facility, particularly its staff. Collectively, the 19 alumni offered an average rating of 4.58 out of five stars for the treatment staff’s level of experience and training and the facility’s counseling options. “The staff is passionate about helping people identify their core values and strengths,” alum M.H. wrote. “The staff is amazing!” Shelly added. Also praising the facility’s accommodations, the 19 alumni offered a near-perfect average rating of 4.95 stars for the facility’s overall cleanliness and upkeep. “The backyard has a beautiful view of the mountains. It was very peaceful being in and outside of the house,” alum Montana wrote.

The one stand-out criticism of the facility was that the principles of the Church of Latter-day Saints was “pushed” on clients, although the facility states that an LDS Rehab approach is optional. “It has been said that it is not faith based at Alpine, but I strongly disagree,” alum J.B. wrote.” I think that the LDS religion is pushed on patients.”

The 10 loved ones polled by Rehabs.com to date supported the positive opinions shared by alumni, also offering glowing reviews for the facility’s staff, its accommodations, and the inclusion of family members in treatment. Collectively, the 10 loved ones offered an average rating of 4.3 for the staff’s level of experience and training and the facility’s counseling options. “The staff is always willing to go above and beyond for the residents,” loved one Alit wrote. The 10 loved ones also gave an average rating of 4.4 for the level of family participation. Loves one B.W. wrote: “The communication with family and loved ones is outstanding.”

The three employees polled by Rehabs.com to date agreed with the opinions of alumni and loved ones, offering four- and five-star ratings for most categories. Staff tended to praise the work environment of the facility and its quality of care. “I've watched that same care and concern extended to countless staff members and residents,” one employee wrote. Another employee added: “It's a home like environment where residents and staff are made to feel safe.”

Alpine Recovery Lodge accepts a large range of private insurance providers, including and the program works with third-party financial institutions to assist clients with the cost of treatment.

Published on December 2017

I came to Alpine after numerous attempts at sobriety in both out-patient facilities as well as in-patient facilities and found Alpine to offer the very best care and treatment for my addiction. I cannot say enough good things about the staff and the facility itself.

Upon arriving at Alpine Recovery Lodge I was unaware how much help I really needed. It took a good 30 days to realize it, but I was sick. I was also unaware that I had some mental health problems and the help I received with those has made a drastic improvement on how I look at life and how I look at myself. Through the staff I was able to learn how to love myself again and enjoy life.

When I got here to Alpine I was kind of nervous and scared but the staff and clients have made me feel welcome and at home. This experience has opened my eyes to a whole new world and I feel fully supported in going out and making my life great. I've made many new life long friends here and Alpine helped me get on track with school I can honestly say I am a changed person from my experience here. The counseling and therapy sessions felt warm and welcome and I know I have a safe place.

I've learned valuable cooping skills to help me understand things about me I didn't yet understand, and to help me enjoy the path of sobriety. There is a lot of love and compassion between residence and staff. We have a lot of fun here, and learn to get along with people we wouldn't necessarily talk to otherwise. I've made so many memories here, and while I will miss this organization, I feel well prepared for what lays ahead of me.

I first came in super paranoid and they welcomed me with open arms. I loved the staff, they helped me realize that I had a drug problem more than I thought I did. Alpine has helped me out tremendously, they care about your needs and your individual situations. It's like a family here, we all care for each other, even the staff. Everything is positive and upbeat around here and the honesty is amazing.

I always felt I could curb my alcoholism. I was wrong. Alpine in 30 days has transformed my life in giving me the tools to combat my disease. Tools I never possessed. I feel a renewed spirit and hope for never drinking again for the rest of my life. I encourage any addict to seriously consider Alpine.

Overall my experience at Alpine Recovery Lodge ("ARL") has been positive and I believe had a significant impact on my life. A majority of my time here was spent on 1) exploring my spirituality--something I've struggled with previously (as it related to my recovery) and 2) understanding deeper-rooted trauma issues from my past. This has helped me discovered where a lot of my anxiety and insecurities stem from. I was nervous coming into ARL from out of state but was quickly comfortable at the facility. I had previously been to a rehab center 3 years earlier and believe that my experience was better at ARL in every way - highly recommend ARL for anyone seeking treatment.

Friendly knowledgeable caring very personable honestly A downfall was that it was a little noisey Be yourself and be honest your counselor will do the same this is a very good place to begin a new life

Amazing counselors I am happy with my recovery plan and My counselor and therapist

Very good treatment team. Good program to follow. Very good cook Not many complaints but I wish we had more movie options I have been to 4 different facilities in the last 6 months and alpine is the first I didn't want to leave within the first few days, and continue to not want to. I would highly recommend it to anyone. The treatment team is in my opinion the best in the state. Everyone is very friendly and the rules are fair. The cook is amazing and the food is very healthy for a recovering addict. Alpine is a great place to come and recover.

Caring compassionate staff. Great groups & counseling. Great food. Alpine Recovery Lodge genuinely cares about each & every client. The environment & nature surrounding the property is beautiful with breathtaking views of the mountains. The program is catered to the individual needs of the clients. They have a personalized treatment plan to help achieve success and long-term recovery. Clients learn how to be healthy physically, emotionally, mentally & spiritually. They're encouraged to push themselves to their full potential.

They have a great team and really care about their residents. It feels like a home rather than a facility. . This program has changed so many people's lives.

I feel like the staff really cares about each and every one of us. They helped me to learn how to have fun in life again, they helped me to find new hobbies and interests. But most importantly they helped me to manage my anxiety and depression. I learned great coping skills and ways to manage my addiction. I felt like I was loved and understood while I was there and I'd reccomend it to anyone! Alpine recovery lodge saved my life! The family that runs the lodge are so loving and they really truly care about my sobriety. If I ever had an problems they helped me to solve them. We did a lot of fun things to help keep us busy and keep our minds off of our addictions. I also learned some very important things about myself that I would have never learned if I hadn't been there. The staff is very qualified. The facility is so comfortable too, it's like living in a home, not a rehab/hospital. The facility is located in Alpine, Utah which is absolutely gorgeous. The backyard has a beautiful view of the mountains. It was very peaceful being in and outside of the house.

The counselors the facility it self is in a beautiful atmosphere. They keep everyone very busy with a variety of activities. I think the meals could have been more health based with a cook tat is a nutritionalist so meals are well balanced My experience was over all very helpful in working with what the problem is so the so the solution can be fixed

Strengths include a Strict Schedule, Compassionate and Paitent Clinical Team, Great Food, Positive Environment Weaknesses: Communication between clinical, mentors and patients can be lacking at time's. It has been said that it is not faith based at Alpine but I strongly disagree I think that the LDS religion is pushed on patients I think that the LDS religion is pushed and it is in the area LDS population is more than other religions but I don't think we should push the Book of Mormon, Meeting with Elders and only mainly attending the LDS church. Especially when there's no one to meet with the Elders due to their beliefs I have felt forced to meet with them and I enjoy connecting with them the lord in any way but I feel as if it's pushed to much. Also the communication skills between clinical, mentors and patients could use some more work. Along with mentors learning people skills. We are men and women who struggle with addiction not inmates or incompetent people. We are human beings and should be treated with respects which some mentors do not do. Other than that I absolutely love Alpine and I think they do an amazing jobs processing and getting to the root of our emotional problems and helping us heal

Very welcoming, clinical team is very professional, and the staff here is great! Weaknesses: Mandatory to go to the gym if one person wants to go (weekends), takes too long until your allowed to go on pass. This treatment facility is the 4th one I've been too, and it's most definitely my favorite one. I wish I could have came here my first time in recovery, but I'm grateful I'm here now and working a solid program. Very much recommend this facility (:

They find what program will help the individual and not making the individual fit into a program that isn't best for them. A weakness was that the amenities (gym and pool) are not on site Alpine recovery lodge cares deeply for the recovery of each individual. The communication with family and loved ones is outstanding. Each question and concern is addressed with thought and with what is best for that specific person. The curriculum sets the clients up for reaching their goals, progression and confidence that they can take on a happy healthy life again and to strengthen the positive relationships that the have and to mend the relationships that they have broken.

Counselors and therapists are well trained to deal with mental health issues as well as substance abuse which are usually co occouring This place has saved my life. My counselor and therapist work well together with me and my mental illness and they have patience to deal with it

I liked this facility.

This facility was great!

Patience in working with the more difficult clients; clients' needs come first. A downfall was the consistency with finding off campus groups. When my mom came to this facility. The staff not only focused on how to help her with her struggles, but worked things through with the entire family. They were a great strength and support in all ends and kept in close contact even after discharge.

Alpine is extremely family centered and family friendly. It's a home like environment where residents and staff are made to feel safe. There could be more holistic care options such as yoga. A separate male and female residence would also be great. When I came to work at Alpine, I had no clue the storm that was about to hit my life. The staff and owners rallied around me through one of the hardest times of my life. I've watched that same care and concern extended to countless staff members and residents. There is a spirit about Alpine Recovery Lodge that heals and restores.

This facility makes you feel comfortable to show your weaknesses and helps give you so much strength. They are very Caring and Helpful. I can't think of any weaknesses honestly! Because of The Alpine Recovery Lodge my family has become closer. Our knowledge about addiction is informed and we are able to communicate freely. I believe anyone can change as long as they have a firm support system and a great place to feel accepted and that is exactly why Alpine Recovery exists.

The staff is passionate about helping people identify their core values and strengths. They offer hope and healing. The facility is located in a beautiful, peaceful setting. A downfall is that one of the bedrooms has a bunkbed. The facility is beautiful, the staff is welcoming and caring.

Staff and accommodations were great. We got snowed in one day and couldn't go to the gym. This is an excellent place with incredible staff. Everyone was supportive even months after leaving treatment.

It's safe the staff is amazing and the location is beautiful Alpine saved my life and continues to do so with the after care groups and the strong connections I have with the staff alpine is like my second home

The staff is amazing!

It's high end very nice in a nice neiborhood and u feel like your home Ive been to a couple rehabs and I would recommend this one over any

Ability to deal with rowdy people, more like a family than a treatment team, love you until you can love yourself Allowing disruptive people to stay was a downfall. They gave me a new outlook on life. They helped me work thru issues I had and gave me hope. They've been more of a family to me rather than just people that come into my life then go!

Strengths: Staff, Location, Feeling of being home. Extremely effective staff who works well together. EMDR. Outings could be improved some, and the on site doctor should be replaced IMO. Phenomenal staff, phenomenal cook, phenomenal house and surrounding areas. If you're not from Utah and need an escape while working on sobriety, this is an excellent option.

Strengths include the amenities, location and facilities, family/faith based therapy. Therapists and owners are amazing I got my life back because of Alpine and the staff, I have referred family and friends. I am grateful everyday for the personal treatment I received. Feels like family then and now

The staff is always willing to go above and beyond for the residents. It is truly a little piece of heaven while in recovery. It feels like home. From home cooked meals to people caring about you. You know you are loved, taken care of, and on your way to recovery.

Everyone understands me here. They are amazing at getting to the root of my problems that make me feel like using. The therapist and counselor that I have are amazing at helping me understand myself. I feel like I know myself much better now and know how to deal with my issues in a calm manner.

Good family participation.

It was a good program, but it did cost a little much

Control, restructuring behavioral short-comings, respectfulness. The level of strictness could cause the patients to want to rebel. They require complete respect from the patients and I think it teaches them well.

not enough one on one time. great facilities

VERY knowledgeable staff, counselors, doctors and nurses. They do not judge anybody for what they have done. Very comfortable setting to open up and work through emotional issues. They teach life skills as well as work on addiction treatment and steps, Such as grief, family roles, codependancy, relapse prevention, 12 steps, fear, how to have fun, etc. You can always call someone 24/7. The doctors nurses and staff are mainly focused on getting you stable on meds when you first come in so you do not physically want to go out and use again. Sometimes there are some organization issues or communication issues between staff. This place is amazing! I was in the IOP program for about 7 months because I went out and used again numerous times. I was not scared to come back to Alpine when I was ready because I did not get judged or scrutinized for relapsing. I was welcomed back with open arms everytime. I have been clean for nine months now. I still see the Dr. thru them for my meds, I attend aftercare every week and have individuals with one of the staff members once a month. I could not have gotten clean without them. I love them!!!

kind staff, felt like they really cared for patients, offered different types of exercise and coping mechanism to deal with problems. my friend was grateful for oppurtunity to be at this rehab center.