Ambrosia Treatment Center in Medford, NJ

287 Old Marlton Pike
Medford NJ 08055

Ambrosia Treatment Center Philosophy

Located on a secluded 44-acres, the Medford center offers comprehensive addiction treatment with an industry-leading reputation for qualiy care. Ambrosia provides safety and comfort while facilitating medical, therapeutic and holistic healing. Clients acquire the tools to build a solid foundation for a fulfilling and productive life without alcohol or drugs. While other treatment centers talk about individualized treatment plans, the concept is fully ingrained into everything Ambrosia does. The facility is committed to complete, lasting recovery.

• Continued Care
    Industry-leading continued care helps clients reintegrate back into the “real world” and actually maintain sobriety. From daily outpatient treatment at one of our facilities to halfway housing, the continued care options are personalized to the best interest of each client. Clients and loved ones come together with their full clinical team and Outreach Coordinators to devise a plan that will prevent relapse and continually reinforce recovery.

Individualized treatment plans consisting of intense counseling and education allow clients to get to the core of the issue, while also teaching coping and life skills to prevent future relapse. Any underlying or addiction-induced mental health issues are also dealt with under 24-hour supervision. The specialized programs build a healing foundation that is necessary to maintain a lifetime of recovery.

Free Recovery Helpline

24/7 Family Support

7.5K+ Clients Helped

Christian Losch LCSW, LCADC

NJ Director

Christian has worked in addiction treatment for more than ten years. He is a graduate of Rutgers University (School of Social Work). Christian's prior experience includes primary therapist and program coordinator positions at leading detox and residential programs, before helping to launch the New Jersey facility in 2015.

“Everyone comes in overwhelmed, but looking to make big change quickly. This is where the process starts. Where they learn to harness and hold on to hope. Recovery is an ongoing process, but there is always hope. Recovery is happening here every day.”

Liana Gonzalez

Primary Therapist

Liana graduated from Wagner College with a Bachelor's in Psychology and a Masters in Business Administration. She currently holds the highest accreditation in the state for alcohol and drug counseling.

“My job is to get each and every client to accept what is, let go of what was and have faith in what will be. The past never has to be the future. In fact, your struggle can make you stronger. You can rebuild and make new, healthy relationships. When a client truly accepts the idea that addiction doesn't have to define them, recovery happens.”

ABOUT AMBROSIA TREATMENT CENTER – MEDFORD

Situated on a tranquil, secluded 44-acre property in Medford, N.J., 20 miles east of Philadelphia, Ambrosia Treatment Center offers luxury, short-term residential treatment and aftercare for men and women struggling with chemical dependency and co-occurring. One of five locations of Ambrosia’s network of upscale treatment facilities, the Ambrosia Treatment Center in Medford also provides medical detox services.

Treatment at Ambrosia Treatment Center begins with a comprehensive assessment by a team of qualified specialists. Upon admission, an intake coordinator determines if detox is needed through an initial physical and verbal assessment. Clients work with staff members to determine the best methods of treatment. Clients are then enrolled in the appropriate programs including detox if needed.

Ambrosia’s core programming includes evidence-based, therapeutic treatment methods to address underlying issues contributing to addictive behavior. In addition to 12-step involvement, clients participate in individual and group counseling sessions. Educational and alternative therapy components are added to each client’s treatment plan to address specific issues.

Ambrosia Treatment Center provides a range of physical treatment activities to support mental and spiritual rehabilitative methods. Acupuncture, meditation, and massages are offered to help clients relieve stress and cope with treatments. Physical activities that promote a healthy lifestyle, such as yoga, are offered to enable clients to maintain their health over the long term.

Group sessions comprise a large segment of the treatment process. 12-step groups and family group sessions are offered on a weekly basis while small and medium group sessions are held daily. Each group focuses on a different series of topics including addiction education, coping skills, and relationship restoration to establish a support network.

Family involvement is encouraged throughout the process. Family counseling is provided as a program component to help clients repair their relationships. Aftercare services also help clients create support networks and connect with community-based resources to maintain a sober lifestyle.

The treatment staff at Ambrosia Treatment Center consists of the facility’s clinical director, over 25 professionals including licensed therapists and Master-level substance abuse counselors. Nursing staff is available 24/7 to oversee medication management and to treat clients’ medical needs. Non-clinical activities are also facilitated by trained and licensed activity directors. The facility is accredited by the Joint Commission.

Ambrosia Treatment Center in Medford, N.J. is a 44-acre facility. It is secluded from much of the surrounding area to prevent distractions from treatment. The facility offers a modern, upscale location for treatment that features a game room, full-sized basketball court, and tennis court. There is also a small golf-course on site. The facility is surrounded by forest and open areas which can be used for a variety of different activities as well as relaxation.

At the time of this writing, Rehabs.com has received two alumni reviews about Ambrosia Treatment Center. The feedback was positive.

Both alumni provided four out of five stars or higher for treatment effectiveness, accommodations and amenities, and meals and nutrition. Alum Steve wrote: “Everyone truly cared about me. I tried treatment before at two other places, but here the therapist actually got to the root of the issues.” Alum N.B. also cited caring staff.

On Google, the facility received an average of 4.3 out of five stars from 15 reviews to date. [1] Alumni praised the staff and the educational components of the program. In a representative review, alum Robert wrote: “Great staff strong bonds with community. The weekends are slow but you get to go to movies and or out to eat and visits. They help give you the tools to start over. If you really want it this is a good place to start.”

To date, four respondents offered high praise for the caring nature of the staff at Ambrosia Treatment Center, and three gave five out of five stars for treatment effectiveness, accommodations and amenities, and meals and nutrition.

Many loved ones praised the “caring and knowledgeable staff”. Loved ones also felt that this program was the most effective one that their loved ones went to. The sibling of a client wrote: “Ambrosia changed my sister's life. That's not an exaggeration. She had been to several other facilities, with little, short-lived success, but Ambrosia was the only one that kept her sober for over a year now. She is a whole new person.”

Ambrosia Treatment Center accepts private insurance plans to help cover the cost of treatment including Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna, Cigna, and United Healthcare.

[1] https://goo.gl/hXGggn

Published on December 2017

I cannot fully express, in just words, my gratitude, appreciation and depth at which I was impressed with the quality of my entire treatment given by Ambrosia in Medford. I've been completed 10 inpatient prprograms in the last 6 years struggling with my addictions and not knowing why I was wanting recovery, yet not wanting it bad enough to maintain sobriety NO MATTER WHAT... I've been rarely impressed and/or having expectations met by clinical trwatment, staff and facility. My experience in September 2017 has left a genuine and "blown away" impression in me. The shear experiential knowledge of staff exceeded my already high expectations. The compassion and conviction for the 12 step program and desire to sincerely care for myself and other patients from Therapists to Behavioral Health Residency Staff truly changed my perceptions and understanding of what it means to be in recovery and how to implement principals in my life when teetering society. Ambrosia saw me (all patients) as an individual with specific needs pertaining to mind, body and soul. I was never treated like or got the impression as though I'm just another number to be treated according to some textbook. The very FIRST impressive action was up in arrival every staff member and client knew my name and all warmly greeted by name with their own introduction, smile, hug/handshake and offer of help in any way they possibly could. I wasn't just treated as an individual from the starting line, but also immediately embraced as a community member. Please trust me when I say that if there were any needs that were warranted, all involved went above and beyond in order to meet them and then some in large percentage of the time. Nothing from the bedrooms to meals were cookie cutter. Where else can you have staff that learns your wants/likes/dislikes and makes appropriate modifications to meet them? I.e. Listing favorite foods or meal and actually having it prepared at least weekly as an option, an all inclusive resort and Ambrosia Medford. Clinically, the therapists and group facilitators are not just preaching recovery- they live the principles and not just "work" the steps. They genuinely want the best for each client and don't preach at you, but converse with you. They also reference other programs or ways to implement some kind of other means that ate available. There's also holistic intertwined via meditation, yoga, chiropractic, religious or spiritual in addition to other methods. Its the total package. Ambrosia and staff want to show that there's ways to still feel alive and have fun as well. Weekends get family visitations, day passes, outings to movies, bowling, etc... They also allow to just let the clients enjoy free time. For example, Labor Day there was a BBQ and they listened to our suggestions for an old school Field Day with prizes included (paid for entirely by staff out of pocket) so we had events like three legged race, water balloon toss, egg race, etc... It was honest to god the first time I can remember having fun and a natural elation from laughing and just enjoying my time. Again, I can't give Ambrosia enough accolades and sum up my deepest appreciation. Since I've left they've kept in contact, checking in on how I'm doing and have alumni events to participate as well. If you or a loved one are seeking help, this place will give you the tools and hope.

Ambrosia was amazing. The staff was so caring and still keep in contact with me today almost 3 years later! The facility was beautiful, the food was excellent and I received the best treatment. Between group and individual therapy and learning about 12 step programs, it truly helped me get and stay clean and sober. I would recommend Ambrosia to anyone struggling with a substance abuse problem.

Ambrosia was the best treatment I have ever been to and I have been to nine. I learned so many tools for the outside world. I was supported 100 percent and learned about things like chemical dependency, mental health, vivitrol, codependency, and general life skills. The techs are fantastic people and my therapistreally cares about her patients. I get to go back for Alumni and see my family! I am extremely blessed and grateful to have been at a place that cares so much for their patients.

My family member went there for 30 days. It changed his life for the better. Its a fantastic place for any kind of addition., All the staff members are wonderful. Once you are there its so great you don't want to leave., It feels like you are on Vacation. The place is very tranquil, and really makes you think of the things you did in the past and don't want to do that anymore. I cant say enough if you want to recover, this is the place you want to be. All the clients are treated with great respect.

Ambrosia saved my life. The attention to every aspect of recovery is what set them apart from other treatment facilities. Educating addicts on the 12 steps of recovery and allowing them to learn a new way of life is the corner stone of effective treatment. The staff at this facility is top notch and you really feel like they care about your future and your sustained recovery from addiction. Without the staff of Ambrosia and my time there I really dont believe I would be as far along on my path of happiness or so invested in my recovery.

This was my first treatment I’ve ever attended and it was definitely an amazing experience. Every single person that works here goes above the limit to help you. It made me feel extremely comfortable. When my 30 days was up i really didn’t even want to leave but i knew with everything they showed me that i was ready to leave and start my life again. I am thankful for Ambrosia every single day for saving my life. If anyone ever needs to get treatment this is the best place to go.

My son went here and I saw great results of how his progress is. Very nice looking place and never did he ever say anything bad about it.

Ambrosia definately saved my life! It was my first time through any rehab, and if your actually done with how your disease is controlling you and are willing to put a 100% in then they will give you a 110% back. I won't ever be able to thank ambrosia and the friend that told me to go there enough. Great food, great program, and great staff!

A very dear friend of mine attended ambrosia and she was one of the only people i opened up to about my dark and sad double life of addiction! My experience far exceeded the awesome things she said! This was my first rodeo and The entire staff at Ambrosia played a part in my recovery I am so grateful for the tools they gave me and just how much the staff cares for their clients! Ambrosia was the best decision i’ve made in a long time

the staff here are all so helpful, caring, and understanding. I honestly did not want to leave, but definitely felt they gave me the tools to succeed

So this was my first time at ambrosia by my 14th time in treatment. I walked in the doors thinking it was going to be like all the other place I've been to but I got a completely different experience in this place. The staff actually cares and they knew exactly how to work with an addict like me. From the counselors to the techs , to even the chefs everyone cared. And that was what helped me get through those 30 days. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone that is finding themselves struggling right now . Thank you Ambrosia.

Ambrosia saved my life I cannot day enough good things about it. I have been to many treatments centers and this was by far the best place I have ever been to. They really care.

This place saved my life .all the employees really go above and beyond and care about there clients. My counselor was great ,he gave me all the tools I needed to succeed. I can't say enough about this place

Ambrosia of Medford New Jersey completely changed my life. I was lost in my addiction to alcohol and this treatment facility gave me the tools I was lacking to get better. The staff, "councilors", mentors and community made all the difference for me. During my 30 days, there are two men on staff, that i can easily single out as having a profound impact in my recovery. Both thise men are a great credit to Ambrosia Medford. I'm approching my one year sobriety mark, and I just wanted to thank everyone there for the positive impact on my life, both then, and going forward. One day at a time, for certain.

Ambrosia basically saved my life. Like many others, I had tried everything under the sun to help me overcome my addiction, but nothing worked. Coming into Ambrosia I was skeptical that anything would work. Little did I know I was doing the best thing I have ever done. My stay at Ambrosia taught me about my disease, how to cope with it, and how to live my life in a healthy, sober way. The staff is amazing and so supportive, no matter what they are doing, they will drop it to talk to you about your recovery. And the support doesn't end when you leave! If there were more stars to give I would, because without Ambrosia I would still be on a dangerous path. Now I have my family, my friends, and my life back!

This facility was extremely effective in teaching me a new way of life. The staff helped me through a really rough transition, and talked me off the ledge multiple times. The classes were directed with passion and were generally on point. The therapeutic value of the small groups is irreplaceable. I can't say enough about Ambrosia, and my experience there during the worst period of my life.

My daughter eas well taken care of and the family support is a blessing

Experienced, caring and knowledgeable staff. Very clean, comfortable and relaxing environment. They brought in chiropractic specialist as well as Yoga and other modalities to help with pain management. My son (early 20's) are great today and more hopeful for a great tomorrow. We have plans to fight the disease together. As a parent I have been provided strong hands to hold (support). This isn't a cure but a place to provide you a secure, safe environment while you heal and develop strength to fight this disease. I owe this place for breathing life into my child everyday. I can't say enough.

It was a great place,the counselor were fabulous and all the worker and helpers were very caring.

My son just celebrated one year of soberity. I can not thank Ambrosia enough.

Strengths: Truly care, New facilities, Best therapists, Really helped, Private, Good communication. Ambrosia changed my sister's life. That's not an exaggeration. She had been to several other facilities, with little, short-lived success, but Ambrosia was the only one that kept her sober for over a year now. She is a whole new person. They have helped me personally too. I have let go of anger, resentment and started trusting her again. Actually, I still text my Wellness person regularly. I've definitely learned that not all treatment centers are the same, and I know from experience that Ambrosia is the right choice.

I was nervous before arriving, but right away a felt welcome and safe. Everyone truly cared about me. I tried treatment before at two other places, but here the therapist actually got to the root of the issues. The toolthey gave me have helped me to stay clean for two years and three days. There's no other way to say it — They saved my life. Calling Ambrosia was the best deicison my family ever made.