Ambrosia Treatment Partners in Jacksonville, FL

(5 of 5)
4570 Saint Johns Avenue
Jacksonville FL 32210

Ambrosia Treatment Partners Philosophy

You don't have to suffer alone.

If drugs or alcohol are affecting you or someone you love, now is the time to get answers and take action. Addiction won’t magically go away. (You already know that).

The good news is that every day people get and stay sober here! Anyone struggling can live a sober, fulfilling life – there are no exceptions. It’s about becoming stronger than your strongest excuses.

• Client & Family Support Groups
    Group therapy is a vital component of addiction recovery treatment, considered as important and effective (sometimes even more so) than individual therapy. Benefits include reducing isolation and loneliness and providing the opportunity to learn from others in recovery. In the addiction setting, group therapy is run by trained professionals who guide participants toward a shared goal of recovery.

Family Program

Trauma-Specific Therapy

10-Bed Facility

Sheryl Johnson

LMHC, CAP, SAP

Sheryl Johnson is a masters-level therapist backed by the highest state and international certifications in mental health. She spent years living in addiction and knows first-hand what it takes to get out. Sheryl is a published author, currently working on her PhD. “Sometimes all we need is one person to believe in us."

ABOUT AMBROSIA TREATMENT PARTNERS

Ambrosia Treatment Partners is a network of drug and alcohol treatment centers throughout California and Florida. Located just minutes from the beach in Jacksonville, Fla., Ambrosia Treatment Partners offers evidence-based treatment for young adults struggling with drug and/or alcohol dependency and co-occurring mental health disorders.

As an organization, Ambrosia provides a full continuum of care, from long-term residential treatment to aftercare. This center is one of 352 (52.7 percent) private for-profit facilities in the state of Florida.

The treatment process at Ambrosia of Jacksonville begins with a clinically-driven assessment that takes up to 15 minutes to complete. Depending on their needs, young adults may be recommended for either inpatient or outpatient treatment. though many begin with a brief period of detoxification of three to 10 days prior to joining others. Different medications may be used at this point to counter the varying withdrawal effects of alcohol and opiates.

Programming is trauma-informed, holistic, and individualized, encouraging clients to find and make use of what works best for them. Residents have opportunity for eye movement and desensitization reprocessing (EMDR), to learn skills for coping with anxiety, as well as solutions for preventing relapse when things get rough. Attendance and participation are expected in both group therapy and one-on-one counseling. Other components to residential care include 12-step meetings, yoga and mindfulness, and family sessions that address issues of communication, trust, anger, and co-dependency.

Beyond their time spent in groups, meetings, and classes, residents are afforded down time in which they can practice yoga, receive a therapeutic massage, exercise, or simply read or relax. Occasional outings to the beach and bowling alley create avenues for fellowship and trust-building amongst clients.

Length of stay in residential treatment ranges widely from two weeks to six months, based on specific needs and progress made during treatment. The organization also offers clients opportunity to solidify their gains made via three to 12 months of intensive outpatient (IOP) care.

Ambrosia Treatment Partners is led by a master’s level therapist who is a published author in the midst of earning her PhD. She also has years of experience with addiction recovery.

REVIEWS

While Rehabs.com has not yet received any reviews from this facility’s alumni, affiliated friends and family members, the two individuals who awarded Ambrosia Treatment Partners five-star ratings on Google highly recommended the facility to others.[1]

“This place has become a family to me,” grateful alum T.T noted. “I have gained so much and grown from the staff and community. I highly recommend Ambrosia to anyone who is struggling with alcoholism and drug addiction.”

One of just 463 (69.3 percent) facilities in the state of Florida to do so, Ambrosia Treatment Partners works with a range of private health insurance providers, such as Aetna, Cigna, AmeriHealth, and Blue Cross Blue Shield, to name a few. Medicare and Medicaid, however, are not accepted here.

Published on November 2018

I could not believe how much help I got with managing my mental health here! It was a great and very helpful experience! The staff was amazing and the therapy was really good. The therapy was the best part for me and I got so much from it! I would recommend Ambrosia because I know that it truly helped me and it can help a lot of other people too!

Ambrosia definitely helped me so much! They really helped me with my anxiety a lot. The activities were good. The housing is really nice, I really liked it. The staff was great, they spend a lot of time with you. I would recommend Ambrosia because everyone here genuinely cares and they are not here just for the money.

This is the first time that I feel like I really worked through my issues. The staff here made me feel comfortable and made it easy for me to open up. The facility is nice and clean unlike others I’ve been too. I would recommend this place to anyone that is struggling with addiction.

It was a good place . The staff was very understanding and they helped me get through a tough emotional state. The facility was nice as well. The house was comfortable and I enjoyed swimming in the pools.

This place is absolutely amazing and made a life changing impact!! The therapists are great and there are lots of activities that help you learn how to have fun sober!! I didn't think I would ever know how to live life sober and now I do because of this place!!!

Ambrosia really helped me with learning to be in the moment, patience, and knowing that things will get better and I don't have to keep doing what I was doing. The staff was always there for you, helpful, and intellectually knowledgeable!

The staff was amazing. They were very attentive and they honestly care! Ambrosia really helped me start to figure out who I want to be. I feel like I made a connection with every staff member, it's like everyone went the extra mile to help me along. Ambrosia is amazing, if you are serious about getting sober the program here is exceptional.

When I came in I didn't want to be here and I didn't think that I could learn anything new. However, I did learn a new way to look at things and realize that I need to be more open-minded which helps me in my recovery as well. The staff were all good, they show that they care and were there to help with whatever you needed. I would recommend Ambrosia because of the way they do groups, they do things different than most places. It gives you the opportunity to see things in a new way, it was a good program.

The staff is very helpful and very supporting! They really gave me a lot of support and helped me build my self-esteem. I came in really run down and hating myself, and I don't feel like that anymore. I was able to talk to them and vent about my personal problems and they were there to listen. I felt comfortable talking to them and my experience was really good.

Ambrosia helped me learn how to be more open and let down my defenses. They showed me the value of having positive friends and support systems. The therapist and staff was good, they are knarly people and very supportive. I would highly recommend Ambrosia because they bring you so much knowledge and involvement in the 12 step program.

Ambrosia is a great place Second to none when it comes to feeling accepted in sobriety Very helpful staff The food here is to die for Can’t stress how loving the staff is

Great program, great staff, would recommend to anyone looking for recovery, helped save my life, great IOP program.

Ambrosia has been great. I feel more confident after being in treatment than I was before. I a can interact with others in a better way. I truly recommend this treatment center to any one who struggles with addiction or any other issues.

Staff was amazing very helpful and attentive I love Ambrosia will highly recommended it to anyone in need of help. This is a safe place. Was very happy to be here

Ambrosia is great! It helped save my life. The staff and clinical team are one of a kind, and I recommend all my family and friends who are struggling to please give Ambrosia a call.

You helped me a lot with my self esteem and my actions. This treatment center is very nice and the techs were all very nice and the therapists are amazing was so good. She really got down to the root of my problems. I feel like a better person since being here about myself and my life. I think Ambrosia is very great.

Ambrosia has really helped me learn how to manage my anger in a healthy a, coping skills, setting healthy boundaries, and communication skills. The therapy was great, they immediately wanted to help me and it was very beneficial. I am learning to stop and take s step back without using. The staff is amazing! Everyone always did a great job reading where I was at and made sure to help when I was struggling

This place is absolutely incredible. It helped me get my life back on track very quickly. The thing that helped me the most here was the individual care the therapists give. Not only did it help me work on my addiction, but it also helped me discover the root cause to a lot of my mental health issues. I have never been to another facility like Ambrosia. They really do make you feel loved here.