Arrow Passage Recovery in Massillon, OH

721 Lincoln Way E.
Massillon OH 44646

Arrow Passage Recovery Philosophy

Our facilities at Arrow Passage Recovery are well maintained and held to the highest standards. Our treatment program and therapy approach are not like any other. We offer 1:1 therapy and individual attention the entire process. Arrow Passage Recovery is based in Ohio for a reason. We offer our guests a peaceful, serene atmosphere and the ideal surroundings for making a fresh new start. We know that recovering from drugs and/or alcohol is not simple. It is a process and something that takes time. At our facilities, you will be moved through phases. In these phases, you will accomplish different things on your way to living a healthy life of sobriety.

• Individualized Treatment
    The overall goal of individualized treatment plans assigned to clients at Arrow Passage Recovery is to get to the root causes of excessive drug or alcohol use. Each person has specific and unique manifestations of addiction or alcoholism. Our professional staff is prepared and qualified to properly address each individual issue that any given person may have.

• Holistic Treatment
    The basic notion behind holistic health is that the dependence on illicit substances goes beyond the physical addiction. This means that merely addressing the physical aspect is not enough; there are spiritual, social and physical needs that need to be addressed in order to make a whole body recovery.

Dual-Diagnosis Treatment

Bio-Sound Bed

Body, Mind & Spirit Healing

Dr. Brandi Cihlar

Clinical Director

Dr. Brandi Cihlar holds a Ph.D. in Counseling and is a licensed professional counselor, with a specialization in mental health and substance abuse. She began her career in community mental health, with populations such as incarcerated individuals, those with trauma, and addictions. Dr. Cihlar has worked in education and training as well and serves as an adjunct faculty member for the University of Akron. Dr. Cihlar has facilitated individual and group sessions in IOP and PHP programs in her previous work and enjoys working with the substance abuse population.

Elisa Castile, LPCC-S, MS

Assistant Clinical Director

Elisa has been working in the Mental Health and Chemical Dependency field for over 15 years. She received her Master's Degree in Art Therapy and Counseling from Ursuline College for Women in Ohio. Elisa is a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, Art Therapist, and Certified Brain Injury Specialist. Elisa strongly believes in Animal Assisted Therapy as well. For the past 15 years. she has worked with Children and Adults performing Family Therapy, Couples Counseling, Dual Diagnosis, Severe and Persistent Mental Health Counseling, Crisis Intervention, Art Therapy Groups, Psycho-Education Groups, Chemical Dependency Education Workshops, and Brain Injury Therapy and Education. I believe in creating a fun and relaxing atmosphere for learning and therapy to thrive.

ABOUT ARROW PASSAGE RECOVERY

Located about a 40-minute drive from Akron in Massillon, Ohio, Arrow Passage Recovery (APR) offers a full range of drug and alcohol treatment services for adults. Combining traditional 12-step principles with a holistic approach, APR provides detox services and personalized care through its residential and outpatient programs.

Many clients begin treatment at APR with medically-assisted detox to help with severe withdrawal symptoms. Upon completion of this initial stage, they may proceed with inpatient treatment, which generally ranges from 28 days to six months.

The partial hospitalization program (PHP) and intensive outpatient program (IOP) provide clients with step-down options, although they can be accessed directly as well. PHP participants attend sessions for six hours per day for at least five days per week. Both PHP and IOP typically run for a period of eight weeks.

Across all levels of care, treatment programs blend 12-step based participation with individual and group counseling. Clients also experience sober fun through experiential therapies and recreational therapies. IOP groups, per the facility’s webpage, “generally do not exceed 10 people,” thereby facilitating an intimate and safe learning environment.

A standard outpatient program (OP) also is available at APR. Clients generally attend one or two group therapy sessions per week.

Across its programs, APR staffs a clinical team of psychologists, psychiatrists, and licensed counselors. Inpatient clients and those in detox are supported by 24-hour medical and nursing attention.

Pictures posted on the APR webpage show a large main homelike facility with a cluster of adjoining buildings and outdoor swimming pool. The eight-acre campus is surrounded by trees and green lawns.

At the time of this writing, four alumni have submitted reviews of APR to Rehabs.com and all were positive. Three of the four former clients awarded the facility the top five stars in the major categories of the Rehabs.com survey: overall effectiveness, accommodations and amenities, and meals and nutrition.

These alumni expressed gratitude and appreciation for the care they received. As one reviewer put it: "this place saved my life.. not much more to say than that I'm for ever grateful." They thanked the staff for helping them, as reflected in this comment from a representative review: "The entire staff worked tirelessly to meet the needs of me and the other clients. Me and my family are forever grateful to Arrow Passage for the love and hospitality!"

On its Facebook page, which the facility can manage, APR received an average of 4.7 out of five stars based on 23 reviews (mix of alumni, staff, and loved ones). [1] Former client Travis offered the following testimonial: “This place is 5-Star for sure! With astounding leadership and an amazing staff, I would recommend this place to anyone looking to kick their bad habits and start their life over again! You will be treated and cared for by dedicated professionals that are truly invested in your recovery.” Lesha wrote: “They go above and beyond to make sure that everything is individualized to the needs of that person…”

The sole anonymous loved one polled by Rehabs.com gave high four- and perfect five-star ratings for the 15 metrics evaluated, such as the counseling options available and the level of family inclusion.

Rehabs.com has received positive feedback from a group of five employees, citing “caring” staff and “family-oriented” programs as facility strengths. “They are the best group of people I’ve ever worked with,” added reviewer Jr. Yet they also listed a “lack of planned weekend activities during winter months” as a weakness.

APR states on its website that it accepts most “major insurance companies.” The facility allows prospective clients to verify their insurance benefits online.

1. https://www.facebook.com/pg/ArrowPassage/reviews/

Published on October 2017

I AM A MOTHER OF A CHILD WHO IS IN RECOVERY AT ARROW PASSAGES IN OHIO AND SO FAR THEY ARE AWESOME. WE HAVE MET WITH THE COUSELOR AND SHE IS VERY CARING AND I KNOW WANTS TO HELP PEOPLE GET SOBER AND HAVE A LIFE. MY DAUGHTER HAS BEEN TO OTHER PLACES AND SO FAR ARROW IS THE BEST. I WISHED WE KNEW ABOUT THEM EARLIER. I KNOW IT'S NOT EASY GETTING TREATMENT AND WE HAVE ALOT OF PEOPLE PRAYING AND IF YOUR LOVED ONE REALLY WANTS HELP I WOULD RECOMMEND ARROW PASSAGES.

staff is wonderful and great people. house beautiful very highly recommended.

House was nice compared to the center where you are crammed in a tiny room with all the other clients. The clinical director is very dumb and not able to hold a conversation with. There is one out of two therapist that do there job and he goes to war for his clients. I have walked in on multiple staff members bashing the other clients to one another. All of there techs are big party people and would brag to there clients about there awesome weekends. There was never enough food for everyone mainly on the weekends. You are expected to pretty much sit on your butt on the weekends unless you can convince them to take you to the dollar movie theater if they remember to put gas in the vans. The only time you may make phone calls is when it is convenient for the staff and it must be before 4pm and not on the weekends. So basically when no one is available because people have lives and work which they must not understand. I witnessed a female house tech get in a altercation with a client who was not guilty of anything at the time get chewed abecause that staff member thinks ahe runs the place and can change the rules and they did nothing about it even after the staff member personally came to me one morning saying I had to go to church or no one can do anything. Clients constantly got punished. If you need help with aftercare do not count on them to help you. Not qualified enough for the job. They may have a degree but she is not able to do anything other than send you to a sober home in the ghetto and sit on Facebook all day while bumming cigs from clients. The outreach guy is awesome and will do anything he can as well as the owner when he is in town. There CEO or whoever he is does not take any interest in anything. I never even met the guy until my last week there. They want to help it seems like but it's more about the money to them. They are all about advertising and getting there name out there. They favor a lot. There IOP is a joke if they still have it no one attended when I was in treatment. Beds are bad hope you dont have a bad back already. If you can't sleep your not able to leave your room, can't smoke past 11pm. They did take a prego girl though which I thought was awesome not a lot of places would take her from what she told me. Seems like they could be a good place if they didnt have such bad staff. Thanks

I feel the treatment center helped me a great deal with my substance abuse problems

APR is an excellent place to go for recovery. Being my first treatment center, I didn't know what to expect but it has opened my eyes to a positive outlook on life and happiness in sobriety. It only being opened for a year so it has many places of improvement but the intention and care is there and they are willing to compensate your needs in any way that they have the ability to do. All of the clinicians are here to help others with their own stories and different techniques to acquire success for each client.

This place's employees talk big. Let's see if my loved one relapses. This is the place to go if you want ZERO involvement with your loved one's recovery. Also, don't expect any return phone calls, as, even though we've been told the employesslutetally work 24 hours a day, they still are just too busy to return calls.

The counselors there are extremely helpful and caring,.. they and the rest of the staff will go to any length to see that your getting the care you need

I'm an employee of APR and the atmosphere is like working with family. They care about the clients and go above and beyond their call of duty for them; as well for their employees. Their practices are next to no other facility.

Arrow Passage Recovery and staff helped me through one of the darkest times in my life. When I felt helpless and had no where to turn they were there for me. I am forever grateful for the grant they gave me to get the help I needed. The staff made me feel like I was part of a family. Everyone was supportive and very helpful. They gave me the counseling and tools that I needed to be successful in every day life and sobriety. After my month and a half stay at Arrow Passage Recovery I am sober, happy, strong and feel capable of achieving my goals. With the continued support of Arrow Passage Recovery I feel the sky is the limit for my future! I am forever grateful.

I received a scholarship from Arrow Passage in 2016. Donte and his staff graciously accepted me in their facility when other treatment centers would not. I came to Arrow with a broken spirit and severe health concerns. In a few short months at the center I regained my health and received a new lease on life! The entire staff worked tirelessly to meet the needs of me and the other clients. Me and my family are forever grateful to Arrow Passage for the love and hospitality!

This facility was great.

Trauma, PTSD, Dual Diagnosis, Mental Health Treatment. Less outdoor weekend activity in the Winter. We are one of two Private Dual Diagnosis Treatment Center in the State of Ohio that offers an extremely high level of care. We have a full continuum of care from Residential, PHP, IOP, OP. Medicated Detox services are available as well.

Treatment was good.

Family-oriented. Really cares about each individual client. Relatively new. Not yet known to entire community.

The caring staff and facilities.Lack of planned weekend activities during winter months was a downfall. The staff are wonderful caring people. They are the best group of people I've ever worked with.

Meals were okay.