Arrow Passage Recovery in Massillon, OH

721 Lincoln Way E.
Massillon OH 44646

Arrow Passage Recovery Philosophy

Our facilities at Arrow Passage Recovery are well maintained and held to the highest standards. Our treatment program and therapy approach are not like any other. We offer 1:1 therapy and individual attention the entire process. Arrow Passage Recovery is based in Ohio for a reason. We offer our guests a peaceful, serene atmosphere and the ideal surroundings for making a fresh new start. We know that recovering from drugs and/or alcohol is not simple. It is a process and something that takes time. At our facilities, you will be moved through phases. In these phases, you will accomplish different things on your way to living a healthy life of sobriety.

• Individualized Treatment
    The overall goal of individualized treatment plans assigned to clients at Arrow Passage Recovery is to get to the root causes of excessive drug or alcohol use. Each person has specific and unique manifestations of addiction or alcoholism. Our professional staff is prepared and qualified to properly address each individual issue that any given person may have.

• Holistic Treatment
    The basic notion behind holistic health is that the dependence on illicit substances goes beyond the physical addiction. This means that merely addressing the physical aspect is not enough; there are spiritual, social and physical needs that need to be addressed in order to make a whole body recovery.

Dual-Diagnosis Treatment

Bio-Sound Bed

Body, Mind & Spirit Healing

Emily Goodyear, LPC, ATR-P, CCTP

Associate Clinical Director

My name is Emily Goodyear and I am a Licensed Professional Counselor, Art Therapist and Clinical Trauma Practitioner. I am very passionate about my career and have spent the last 4 years working with adults battling chronic mental illness and substance abuse. I received my undergraduate education at Bowling Green State University and my Masters degree at Adler University.

I currently reside in North Canton with my husband, Brett, and our dog Benji. I prefer to spend my free time being active outside but also love to get lost in a good movie or book.

Favorites

Sports: Cleveland Indians, Cavaliers & Chicago Blackhawks

Hobbies: Outdoor Activities

Quote: "Three things make life harder: not loving ourselves; refusing to grow; and not letting go"

Joseph Rifici, M.Ed., LPCC-S

Associate Clinical Director

My name is Joe Rifici, and I am a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (with supervision designation). I earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Social and Behavioral Sciences from The Ohio State University, and a Master of Education degree in Community Counseling from The University of Akron. I have been providing chemical dependency and mental health treatment services since 2009. I have particular skills in suicide assessment/intervention, motivational interviewing, and trauma informed care, and received specialized training from the Beck Institute in the provision and supervision of cognitive behavior therapy. I also have experience supervising therapists, clinical directing, and managing electronic health records.

I live in Cuyahoga Falls with my cat, Charlie, and enjoy spending time with family, friends, and neighbors. I like to spend spare time reading, playing games, watching Netflix, listening to music, and being outdoors.

Sports: Cleveland Cavaliers, Indians, Browns, and The Ohio State Buckeyes

Films: The Godfather I and II, anything Marvel, The Dark Knight

Quote: “He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.” -- Friedrich Nietzsche

ABOUT ARROW PASSAGE RECOVERY

Located about a 40-minute drive from Akron in Massillon, Ohio, Arrow Passage Recovery (APR) offers a full range of drug and alcohol treatment services for adults. Combining traditional 12-step principles with a holistic approach, APR provides detox services and personalized care through its non-hospital residential treatment program, one of just 71 (17.4 percent) in Ohio, as well as its outpatient programming options.

Many clients begin treatment at APR with medically-assisted detox to help with severe withdrawal symptoms. APR is one of the only 11 (2.7 percent) non-hospital treatment facilities in the state with this offering. Upon completion of this initial stage, clients may proceed with inpatient treatment, which generally ranges from 28 days to six months.

The partial hospitalization program (PHP) and intensive outpatient program (IOP) provide clients with step-down options, although they can be accessed directly as well. PHP participants attend sessions for six hours per day for at least five days per week. Both PHP and IOP typically run for a period of eight weeks.

Across all levels of care, treatment programs blend 12-step based participation with individual and group counseling. Clients also experience sober fun through experiential therapies and recreational therapies. IOP groups, per the facility’s webpage, “generally do not exceed 10 people,” thereby facilitating an intimate and safe learning environment.

A standard outpatient program (OP) is also available at APR. Clients generally attend one or two group therapy sessions per week.

Across its programs, APR staffs a clinical team of psychologists, psychiatrists, and licensed counselors. Inpatient clients and those in detox are supported by 24-hour medical and nursing attention. The four Rehabs.com survey respondents polled on the center staff provided extremely high ratings.

Staff Experience and Training: 4.5/5

Pictures posted on the APR webpage show a large main homelike facility with a cluster of adjoining buildings and outdoor swimming pool. The eight-acre campus is surrounded by trees and green lawns. To date, the five individuals polled by Rehabs.com provided highly favorable feedback concerning accommodations and amenities.

Facility Cleanliness and Upkeep: 4.2/5

At the time of this writing, five alumni expressed gratitude and appreciation for the care they received to Rehabs.com. As one reviewer put it, "This place saved my life.. not much more to say than that I'm for ever grateful." They also praised staff. "The entire staff worked tirelessly to meet the needs of me and the other clients," another alum wrote!

Alum P.M. provided perfect, five-star ratings for exercise and leisure activities, counseling options, staff level of experiencing, and the facility's treatment of co-occurring disorders. P.M. listed "Trauma, PTSD, Dual Diagnosis, Mental Health Treatment," as the center's strengths.

Secondary sites also revealed high levels of satisfaction with this facility as well, with a 4.7 out of five-star average rating based on 54 Google reviews to date.[1] Former clients repeatedly praised the personalized programming. "The clinical and support staff there truly saved my life," R.F. wrote in a representative review. "I have a grateful heart for the coping skills and fellowship I learned and use today because of the staff and clients at Arrow Passages Recovery," L.B. added.

On its Facebook page, which the facility can manage, APR received an average of 4.9 out of five stars based on 35 reviews (mix of alumni, staff, and loved ones).[2] Former client Travis wrote, “This place is 5-Star for sure! With astounding leadership and an amazing staff, I would recommend this place to anyone looking to kick their bad habits and start their life over again!”

The two loved ones polled by Rehabs.com to date also shared positive experiences. The mother of a client left only written feedback, noting, "MY DAUGHTER HAS BEEN TO OTHER PLACES AND SO FAR ARROW IS THE BEST. I WISHED WE KNEW ABOUT THEM EARLIER." The other loved one, who provided additional ratings, awarded four and five stars for the 15 metrics evaluated, including counseling options, the level of family inclusion, dual diagnosis treatment, and discharge planning.

Rehabs.com has received positive feedback from a group of five employees, citing “caring” staff and “family-oriented” programs as facility strengths. Two of these staffers provided four- and five-star ratings for counseling options, family participation, and administration and discharge planning. “They are the best group of people I’ve ever worked with,” added reviewer Jr. Yet they also listed a “lack of planned weekend activities during winter months” as a weakness.

APR accepts most major insurance companies, and the facility allows prospective clients to verify their insurance benefits online. The five Rehabs.com survey respondents polled on the matter awarded moderately high ratings for the center's affordability.

Affordability: 3.8/5

[2] https://www.facebook.com/pg/ArrowPassage/reviews/?ref=page_internal

Published on February 2019

Sc

Arrow passage has one of the most beautiful facilities I’ve ever seen. Absolutely gorgeous and comfortable living, community based and an EXPERT clinical team. Their patients are receiving the highest level of care with outstanding outcomes! A solid alumni program that every patient will be connected to long term. They give back to the community at large. Just exceptional! Highly recommend this amazing program for you or a loved one!

R.F.

Very poor would not recommend to anyone

Rg

Very poorly run facility in every way possible. The house is dirty and there is not enough food for all of the residents. The pool is unusable and closed due to the swamp water and frogs living in it. The staff is very poorly trained and unprofessional. Most staff is friends or family of the owner. Did not explain that they do balance billing if you are out of network for my insurance. Told my wife to trust them by and then sent a bill for over 11,000.00 for a five day stay. Do not recommend in anyway.

a.t.

The treatment is located separately from the residence (five miles away) which makes things very inconvenient for the client and staff. Treatment is delivered in an old home which becomes easily over-crowded. There is little protection of a client's identity as it's located right next to businesses as well as a residential area. Groups are constantly being interrupted by persons needing to provide a urine screen which seem to occur way too often. They do NOT provide detox services onsite; this has to occur first elsewhere, so this claim is false! Clients are poorly supervised while at the treatment location and can wander off whenever they want. This company is all about getting heads in the beds not quality treatment programming in a quality location. If you ever drive up to the residence, it will be on a long, bumpy dirt road. You will be met first by the huge trash dumpster. Very little is provided to residents in terms of holistic services, occupational services, or outside/community resources geared to help integrate residents into a world of solid recovery.

K.M.

I AM A MOTHER OF A CHILD WHO IS IN RECOVERY AT ARROW PASSAGES IN OHIO AND SO FAR THEY ARE AWESOME. WE HAVE MET WITH THE COUSELOR AND SHE IS VERY CARING AND I KNOW WANTS TO HELP PEOPLE GET SOBER AND HAVE A LIFE. MY DAUGHTER HAS BEEN TO OTHER PLACES AND SO FAR ARROW IS THE BEST. I WISHED WE KNEW ABOUT THEM EARLIER. I KNOW IT'S NOT EASY GETTING TREATMENT AND WE HAVE ALOT OF PEOPLE PRAYING AND IF YOUR LOVED ONE REALLY WANTS HELP I WOULD RECOMMEND ARROW PASSAGES.

jason

staff is wonderful and great people. house beautiful very highly recommended.

CS

House was nice compared to the center where you are crammed in a tiny room with all the other clients. The clinical director is very dumb and not able to hold a conversation with. There is one out of two therapist that do there job and he goes to war for his clients. I have walked in on multiple staff members bashing the other clients to one another. All of there techs are big party people and would brag to there clients about there awesome weekends. There was never enough food for everyone mainly on the weekends. You are expected to pretty much sit on your butt on the weekends unless you can convince them to take you to the dollar movie theater if they remember to put gas in the vans. The only time you may make phone calls is when it is convenient for the staff and it must be before 4pm and not on the weekends. So basically when no one is available because people have lives and work which they must not understand. I witnessed a female house tech get in a altercation with a client who was not guilty of anything at the time get chewed abecause that staff member thinks ahe runs the place and can change the rules and they did nothing about it even after the staff member personally came to me one morning saying I had to go to church or no one can do anything. Clients constantly got punished. If you need help with aftercare do not count on them to help you. Not qualified enough for the job. They may have a degree but she is not able to do anything other than send you to a sober home in the ghetto and sit on Facebook all day while bumming cigs from clients. The outreach guy is awesome and will do anything he can as well as the owner when he is in town. There CEO or whoever he is does not take any interest in anything. I never even met the guy until my last week there. They want to help it seems like but it's more about the money to them. They are all about advertising and getting there name out there. They favor a lot. There IOP is a joke if they still have it no one attended when I was in treatment. Beds are bad hope you dont have a bad back already. If you can't sleep your not able to leave your room, can't smoke past 11pm. They did take a prego girl though which I thought was awesome not a lot of places would take her from what she told me. Seems like they could be a good place if they didnt have such bad staff. Thanks

cr

I feel the treatment center helped me a great deal with my substance abuse problems

madison

APR is an excellent place to go for recovery. Being my first treatment center, I didn't know what to expect but it has opened my eyes to a positive outlook on life and happiness in sobriety. It only being opened for a year so it has many places of improvement but the intention and care is there and they are willing to compensate your needs in any way that they have the ability to do. All of the clinicians are here to help others with their own stories and different techniques to acquire success for each client.

ss

This place's employees talk big. Let's see if my loved one relapses. This is the place to go if you want ZERO involvement with your loved one's recovery. Also, don't expect any return phone calls, as, even though we've been told the employesslutetally work 24 hours a day, they still are just too busy to return calls.

Mike

The counselors there are extremely helpful and caring,.. they and the rest of the staff will go to any length to see that your getting the care you need

justinm

this place saved my life.. not much more to say than that I'm for ever grateful.

Gina

I'm an employee of APR and the atmosphere is like working with family. They care about the clients and go above and beyond their call of duty for them; as well for their employees. Their practices are next to no other facility.

Ashley

Arrow Passage Recovery and staff helped me through one of the darkest times in my life. When I felt helpless and had no where to turn they were there for me. I am forever grateful for the grant they gave me to get the help I needed. The staff made me feel like I was part of a family. Everyone was supportive and very helpful. They gave me the counseling and tools that I needed to be successful in every day life and sobriety. After my month and a half stay at Arrow Passage Recovery I am sober, happy, strong and feel capable of achieving my goals. With the continued support of Arrow Passage Recovery I feel the sky is the limit for my future! I am forever grateful.

Jeff

I received a scholarship from Arrow Passage in 2016. Donte and his staff graciously accepted me in their facility when other treatment centers would not. I came to Arrow with a broken spirit and severe health concerns. In a few short months at the center I regained my health and received a new lease on life! The entire staff worked tirelessly to meet the needs of me and the other clients. Me and my family are forever grateful to Arrow Passage for the love and hospitality!

This facility was great.

Paul

Trauma, PTSD, Dual Diagnosis, Mental Health Treatment. Less outdoor weekend activity in the Winter. We are one of two Private Dual Diagnosis Treatment Center in the State of Ohio that offers an extremely high level of care. We have a full continuum of care from Residential, PHP, IOP, OP. Medicated Detox services are available as well.

Treatment was good.

Jr

The caring staff and facilities.Lack of planned weekend activities during winter months was a downfall. The staff are wonderful caring people. They are the best group of people I've ever worked with.

Meals were okay.

BG

Family-oriented. Really cares about each individual client. Relatively new. Not yet known to entire community.