Asheville Recovery Center in Asheville, NC

9 Old Burnsville Hill Road
Asheville NC 28804

Asheville Recovery Center Philosophy

Stop wasting your time looking for someone to solve your drug problem. Drugs and alcohol are not the problem, they are our solution to the problem. They are how we run from our problems, and how we numb ourselves from how we feel.
Your real problem is an underlying issue. This issue will stem from fear, anger, resentment, and past trauma.

At Asheville Recovery Center, we will identify your specific underlying issues, help you to solve them, and then teach you how to prevent running from those issues ever again.

• Intensive Outpatient
    Patients who undergo intensive outpatient treatment continue to live at home and sometimes go to school or work while participating in a highly structured treatment protocol that is focused on ending substance abuse. Programs vary in terms of how much treatment patients receive, how often and for how long. Some facilities design individualized intensive outpatient treatment programs.

2:1 Staff to Client Ratio

Rapid Resolution Therapy

Qigong

Dr. Brady Schroer

Medical Director

Dr. Brady Schroer, DO is a psychiatry specialist in Asheville, NC and has been practicing for 20 years. He graduated from Ks Univ Of Med & Biosci Coll Of Osteo Med in 1998 and specializes in psychiatry.

Shamus O. Smith MSW, LCAS

Clinical Director

Shamus has been working in the field of addiction treatment for over ten years. He has experience practicing as a patient advocate, case manager, admissions coordinator, behavioral health technician, and primary therapist. Upon completion of a Master’s of Social Work at Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, Florida, Shamus moved to Asheville with his wife and daughter to pursue licensure and certification for the clinical treatment of patients with substance use disorder. Shamus is a passionate advocate for comprehensive, evidence-based, clinically-driven programs of recovery from the disease of addiction. His work focuses on utilizing cognitive behavioral therapy models to confront and correct maladaptive behaviors associated with substance dependence.

ABOUT ASHEVILLE RECOVERY CENTER

The Asheville Recovery Center is a full-service holistic drug and alcohol addiction treatment facility located in the mountains of Asheville, N.C. Through gender-specific residential and outpatient-based levels of care, the center provides programming that is individualized, comprehensive, and family-oriented. According to a 2016 SAMHSA survey, the center is was one of 16 percent of facilities in the state to provide long-term, non-hospital residential care.

Clients begin the treatment process with a series of medical and psychological evaluations to determine their recovery needs. Individuals seeking the structure and support of a 24-hour, distraction-free environment have access to 30 to 40 days of gender-separate residential treatment. If necessary, the facility can provide a referral for medical detox with one of its partnering organizations before admission.

The Asheville Recovery Center's residential program involves individual, group, and family therapy, as well as a range of holistic therapies, such as yoga, meditation, and acupuncture. Programming also utilizes rapid resolution therapy to help identify and address trauma-related concerns.

For individuals looking for a more flexible treatment option that supports living off-site, Asheville Recovery Center operates a partial hospitalization program (PHP) and intensive outpatient program (IOP). The PHP has all the services of residential care but ends each day at 5 p.m. The IOP takes place a few hours each day, a few days each week, allowing participants the opportunity to continue working or attend school.

These outpatient programs are also designed as an aftercare service for graduates of residential treatment. In addition, the center encourages program graduates to transition into a sober living home whenever possible.

The leadership team at Asheville Recovery Center includes a medical director and a master’s level social worker. Case managers and certified substance abuse counselors are also on staff. The facility boasts a staff-to-client ratio of 2:1.

Participants of residential treatment stay in gender-separate housing. Pictures published on the center’s website depict a ranch-like building with double-occupancy bedrooms, a full kitchen, classrooms, and vegetable gardens.

All 24 individuals polled by Rehabs.com to date reported positive and effective experiences. Each alum gave no less than four out of five-star ratings for the facility's treatment effectiveness, the quality of meals, and its accommodations. As a group, most alumni found staff to be caring, friendly, compassionate, and professional, and many praised the facility's accommodations.

“Asheville Recovery Center saved my life,” alum G.S. wrote in a representative five-star review. “I had been to 5 treatment programs before, and nothing helped me like the staff at ARC." Alum Clint added: "They saved my life with their compassion and understanding."

To date, Asheville Recovery Center also has a perfect average rating of five out of five stars from 17 Google reviewers, two of whom were family members who thanked the center for assisting them through an emotionally difficult time. [1] "They were very family, friendly which is key to the healing process for the whole family,” Susan, one of these satisfied parents, wrote. “I would highly recommend Asheville Recovery to anyone serious about recovery.”

Asheville Recovery Center accepts insurance and offers payment plans. Treatment costs $17,500 for the first month, $12,500 for second, and $9,500 for third month.

[1] https://goo.gl/XFvjJb

Published on April 2018

I am the parent of a recovering addict, who relapsed after being sober for seven years. Our family has had the opportunity to work with the most recognized professionals in the country. That being said, the Asheville Recovery Team , is different . ARC focuses on the underlying behaviors which cause an addict to use. The team is exceptional and without question, saved our family and son's live. ARC walks the walk using the tenants of tough love, respect, honesty , and accountability. The Asheville Recovery Center is exceptional ! We are forever grateful.

Everyone on the staff truly cares about your recovery, you're treated like family and the atmosphere is great. Great staff, casual relaxing and comfortable atmosphere, excellent accommodations. Weaknesses were repeated redundant group sessions.

Loved it great place. Structure.

My experience here was above what I could have ever imagined.

Good. The comfortabilty.

Place was great. Needs to be more co-ed. Fun.

This place not only focuses on helping people remove drugs and alcohol from their lives but also teaches and shows you different ways to improve your total lifestyle. They have all types of activities for every walk of life and really gets into all activities and services that are offered to the clients. During all my time I never saw a weakness at the facility.

My overall experience with Asheville recovery center was extremely positive. It's very different from other treatment centers and the staff all work very hard to accommodate the individual. The owners frequently visit the clinic and lodge and they regularly check in with patients. It felt a lot more like a family environment instead of a clinical rehabilitation facility. The counsellors and group leaders are also very professional and worked with me very closely. Having the residential building up in the mountains was really awesome too. This facility was very strong in the recovery area as a whole. more specifically, they were very good at community building, treatment plan personalization and working one on one with clients.

it was awesome! awesome staff. needs plastic forks.

I felt very welcomed from the moment that I got here. Everyone has been so helpful.Everyone was accessible to me the entire time. The staff is friendly and outgoing. Everyone was very knowledgeable about addiction and was really focused on my treatment.

The staff cares about the clients and its the best treatment center ive been to. i felt right at home. They actually care about the clients, this isnt just a job for them.

These folks saved my life and taught me I have a purpose in life . I now have hope. I am forever indebted to them for their great treatment of me. Knowledgeable staff.

I love Asheville Recovery Center. Everyone was always glad to help no matter what. I feel so much better than when I got here. I feel like a new person. They make you feel at home and help you with anything you need. Sometimes the communication between staff is confused and we don't get to do what was planned like going to meetings, the gym, and weekend activities.

it was great I loved it

Great place.

amazing

by far the most impressive treatment experience I've encountered thus far

They exceeded all expectations i had about coming to a treatment center. If you hear any negative comments about this facility it is probably coming from a client who does not want to be here or is not serious about their recovery. I am very glad i found ARC.

This treatment was an amazing experience with all the staff very involved. My therapist was an incredible help with everything and helped me have an amazing experience restoring my relationship with my family

I loved my treatment experience here

First off i have to say, the Owner's are amazing. If not for one of them i would never have found this place. Then, there's the BHT's, the "Techs" that help you at clinical and at the residents. They are AMAZING! I love this place i am so happy that i was treated here. By the best!

My son was at Asheville Recovery center for 60 days inpatient. I cannot say enough good things about this facility. Its a tough decision to finally make that step for help. He also has severe anxiety. They made the process so easy and they immediately took that stress away and made him feel comfortable. It's a very close family-like facility. If you or a loved one needs help, this is the place to go. They truly saved my sons life! They are available for calls 24 hrs a day. The owners and staff are devoted to helping addicts. Many of them have been there themselves. In the past we have looked into other facilities. They seemed a lot like a hospital. Asheville Recovery is not like that. It's a very comfortable and beautiful place. I am so thankful we found them.

It was an overall great experience, All the staff were friendly and resourceful. Everyday I learned something new and had fun doing the daily groups with the Counselors. I would highly recommend ARC to anyone and everyone.

They saved my life with their compassion and understanding . I love life now because of them. Very professional and always there to help with your recovery.

The treatment was great. The doctors are compassionate and know how to handle all situations. The staff really cares about your recovery. They have been there and know what the most effective treatment plans are.

I thought that the facility was beautiful with a great view of the mountains, I loved the food, and the staff. They have a great community.

Very understanding of addiction. Communication knowledge of addiction, true experience not just read up on the subject.

Amazing. Everyone�s in recovery. No weakness.

Everyone there was very friendly and you could tell they cared about the people in their care. We are forever grateful for what they did. The staff. The residence is great but in the end, it is the staff that makes the difference. I don�t have a weakness as everything was terrific.

Asheville Recovery Center saved my life. I had been to 5 treatment programs before, and nothing helped me like the staff at ARC. They really care, and made me feel important. ARC is like a family and I am so glad they accepted me.

Overall great experience, I needed a place that held me accountable, showed me a new way of life, yet also made me feel at home and that is what i got at ARC!

The staff here is wholly invested in each and every client�s treatment plan and experience. The staff genuinely care for clients and I have seen them go above and beyond to help those suffering from the disease of addiction.

I had been to treatment before and was never able to stay clean after leaving. I decided to give recovery another shot and went to Asheville Recovery Center. I had never been to a treatment center like ARC, the entire staff makes recovery appealing. They are all extremely professional, caring, and take recovery seriously. They always went above and beyond for every client. I would highly recommend ARC to any addict who is struggling and genuinely has the desire to get clean. I have almost 7 months clean since making the decision to go to ARC and I have so much gratitude towards the owners, BHT�s, and clinical staff.

ARC provides the highest quality of treatment in Western NC. From the owners to support staff, everyone truly cares about the long term sobriety of each and every patient.

My life was saved here, I know I made the decision to go but I�ve tried to get and stay clean before. This was different, and I�m finally sober and HAPPY. The staff felt like family but remained so professional, it felt like they woudnt sleep unless we were all good for the night. Seeing them as all recovering themselves, and how strong and caring they are made me want to be the same. It quickly became home, between the people and the surroundings. I hope to be a part of their team one day, because I truly believe in their program and they saved my life and I want to do this for others.

ARC is a place where you get REAL recovery in a family style environment. Intimate setting, caring staff, you will feel at home in the mountains of Asheville.

This was my first time in treatment. The warmth and kindness from the staff was far beyond what I could have ever come to hope for/expect. ARC gave me the necessary tools and confidence to continue to stay sober and for what it�s worth; saved my life at a point I needed saving the most. I slept better than I had in months, are better than I had in a long time, was less agitated because I finally had answers and tools on how to get better. Everyone was very open and honest in discussions and team work was very present. I felt very safe and encouragement and the feeling of being �believed in, was also very very present. The schedules and routines worked out so well and I would trade the experience for anything.

The staff is great, I really feel like I have a chance to get clean and stay clean!

I got everything I needed with my therapist and with my groups. The behavioral health techs were always there when I needed them too. The owners are amazing and I dont know where Id be right now if i never came here.

This experience was a complete life changing experience and I would recommend ARC to any addict in need of help

ARC was a beautiful rustic mountain facility in the stunning NC mountains, such a beautiful place for recovery! The staff and clinicians were amazing and so involved in my childs recovery, they are not just worker bees! They were involved in every level of my child�s care , they even came for evening visits and game nights with snacks and goodies for all. They gave my child time to heal and settle in , they gave my child true nurturing and caring. They gave my child the tools and understanding of their addiction and a new sense of self.In a time where a family is broken ARC stepped in and help us heal. So great full __

I love all of the staff here. They're all amazing and just wants whats best for you. I learned a lot from all of the groups. They always take us to Na & Aa meetings!

Overall the treatment and experience at the facility is.doing well and moving in the right direction

This treatment facility is recovery based, yet allows clients to practice life skills along with treatment. They provide intense treatment 9-3 Mom-Friday, allow the clients to do their own grocery shopping with provided funds, wash clothing, prepare and cook meals, and venture out for na and as meetings throughout the week. This is a more realistic approach to recovery than being in a sheltered environment which I believe gives our clients a better chance at success in recovery. This is the best facility I have experienced and love and value my job there as a behavioral health technician.

I have been to treatment before, but was never able to stay clean until I went to Asheville Recovery Center. I absolutely loved being a client at ARC and would highly recommend it to anybody that is struggling and seeking help with addiction.

Awesome, caring staff who truly care about the client's well-being.

The treatment recieved here is beyond words. The staff, to include the executive staff is fantastic. The clinical staff helped so much with underlying issues. I wish everyone knew about ARC and the love these people have for each other and all the clients.