Aspire Health Network

16390 Pacific Coast Highway Suite 200, Huntington Beach, California, 92649

About Aspire Health Network

At Aspire Health Network we offer compassionate, life-long drug and alcohol treatment for people and families suffering from addiction. It is our passion to serve people all across the west coast and north west regions of the United States find the best care available. We understand that addiction effects loved ones as much as it does those suffering personally. We strive to create a safe, supportive, and medically supervised environment for our patients their families. Successful addiction is possible. Many of our staff members have personal experience overcoming addiction and are able to understand what you are going through. We are here to help. Whether you are seeking treatment or simply looking for information or answers to questions, we would love to help in any way that we can. We are available 24/7. At Aspire Health Network, we understand that addiction is complex – as complex as the people and families it affects. Physical, psychological, and spiritual dimensions all play a role in substance abuse disorders. That’s why Aspire Recovery doesn't just treat drug and alcohol problems, but every related issue that patients and their families face.

Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)

EMDR is a highly specific, research-validated form of therapy that can help people overcome traumatic stress, anxiety and depression. With EMDR, a trained practitioner uses bilateral stimulation, eye movement and touch to stimulate parts of the brain as a patient recounts certain experiences and memories as a way to more thoroughly process uncomfortable, painful feelings.

Family Program

• EMDR therapy weekly
  • Walk to the beach
  • Waterfront location
Dr. Alejandro Alva

Dr. Alejandro Alva

Medical Director

Dr. Alva received his education at the California State University of Fullerton and the Autonomous University of Guadalajara Medical School. After he completed his education and training in Guadalajara, Mexico, he returned to California to finish his residency at the University of California Irvine. Dr. Alva was involved in multiple endeavors including inpatient and outpatient work as well as clinical research in both Los Angeles and Orange counties. Dr Alva's focus is on the latest treatments available for psychiatric disorders, chemical/alcohol dependence as well as aspects of ethnicity and their correlation within pathological states. Dr. Alva has many years of experience in serving the medical community in various capacities; as a patient advocate, clinician, researcher and medical director. Dr. Alva's expertise in adolescent, adult and geriatric psychiatry as well as chemical/alcohol dependence and his treatments in psychiatric disorders make him one of the nation's most prominent psychiatrists. Dr. Alva is a member of multiple professional organizations, including the American Medical Association, the Orange County Medical Association, the American Psychiatric Association, the California Psychiatric Association, the American Board of Forensic Medicine, the American College of Forensic Examiners, the American Board of Psychopharmacology, the California Hispanic American Medical Association, the New York Academy of Science, the American Association for the Advancement of Science and the American association of Hispanic professionals.

Show Bio
Sue Ferren, MFT

Sue Ferren, MFT

Clinical Director

Sue Ferren is a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist and our Clinical Director here at Aspire. Sue has a breadth of experience and knowledge and has been a vital part of our team for over 2 years.

Show Bio

Reviewed by Our Contributors

ABOUT ASPIRE HEALTH NETWORK

Situated in the laid-back beach community of Huntington Beach, Calif., Aspire Health Network is a luxury, oceanfront treatment facility that provides residential programming and aftercare for adults struggling with chemical dependency and co-occurring mental health disorders. Aspire Health Network offer a full spectrum of treatment from detox to sober living. If necessary, the facility does provide medication-assisted treatment to alleviate the discomfort of initial withdrawal.

Aspire Health Network offers a number of treatment options for clients. Clients may be treated for alcohol, drugs, prescription drugs, or heroin. Treatment may be done through the 12-Steps, a non-12-step program such as SMART Recovery, or evidence-based modalities like cognitive behavioral therapy or trauma therapy.

Treatment can also include life skills development, relapse prevention, and motivationally focused groups. Clients also undergo rigorous medical prescription supervision. Holistic treatments, including seaside Yoga, outdoor meditation, nature walks, sports, and beach trips, are offered to those undergoing treatment. Aftercare is available for clients following treatment.

Aspire Health Network employs a team of clinicians, therapists, and medical staff to monitor and treat clients' physical and mental symptoms of addiction. Five reviewers polled by Rehabs.com all rated staff's level of training and experience a perfect five stars.

Aspire Health Network's treatment center sits close to the beach and near a marina. Pictures depict comfortably furnished rooms; spacious kitchens, bathrooms, and dining rooms; and a verdant front yard.

Of the ten alumni to submit user reviews, most were positive, awarding high four and perfect five-star ratings for the categories of treatment effectiveness, accommodations and amenities, and meals and nutrition.

Of the ten alumni, the four alumni polled by Rehabs.com to date rated Aspire Health Network high marks, and all indicated that they would recommend the facility to others. They rated the facility a perfect five stars in every category, including counseling options, holistic treatment offerings, and exercise and leisure options.

In comments, alumni praised the caring staff, beautiful accommodations, and strong 12-step foundation, though one alum suggested that the facility could expand its accommodations to make more room. Alum Joshua wrote: "Employees that care, clean and organized IOP environment, strong AA foundation, and beautiful homes."

On the facility's Facebook page, which it can manage, one reviewer to date rated the facility a perfect five stars.[1]

One staff member polled by Rehabs.com to date rated Aspire Health Network a perfect five stars in every category. Employee Ted wrote: "This is one of the best places I have ever worked."

To date, no information is available on Aspire Health Network's costs or accepted methods of payment on the facility's website.

[1] https://www.facebook.com/pg/aspirehealthnetwork/reviews/?ref=page_internal

Accreditations & Licenses
  • ADP
  • NAATP
  • CARF
  • Joint Commission
Social Media Links
Important Notice

We list thousands of treatment providers throughout the U.S., often including alumni and staff ratings and reviews, and Rehabs.com 360 Guides that provide valuable information for people making difficult decisions. Rehabs.com is not influenced in regards to its ratings or reviews by any treatment center or its sponsors, and we clearly designate advertiser relationships with “Sponsor” or “Ad” or “Advertisement”.

• Jordan
    Most effective and fun treatment ive ever been to. Recovery is meant to give you tools on how to recover and teach us that its possible to be entertaining as well.
  • Ted
    This is one of the best places I have ever worked
  • Aaron
    1st of all the food was off the chain. Therapy was great and the rooms were clean and perfect.
  • richard
    my exspe rience there was great i got alot of one on one counceling and therapy.They really got to the core of the problem and helped me deal with my access baggage the treatment there was more then i could have hoped for feels good to have my life back...
  • Joshua
    I�ve bee. n to a couple IOP programs and the thing that sets Aspire apart from the others are the employees. It makes a considerable difference in MY recovery when you can tell that the staff genuinely care about you and are not just there for a paycheck. I could really connect with the therapist and that�s hard to find, for me at least. The weekly outings are great! Hikes, kayaking, beach, volleyball, basketball, movies. Aspire has allowed me to start rebuilding the foundation in my family relationships and I�m beyond grateful for that.
  • jr
    Spoke to me after hours gave me there persoanl cell # and made me calm when i couldnt be. i highly reccomend these folks at aspire. we need more people like this that really care and understand recovery. thank you a million and one times thank you
  • ap
    Will help you , belive me he did not let me go until i was comfortable with the choices of recover and the homes are the best in californial. use Aspire
  • gp
    i spoke to a young man he really helped me and my family. my father has been an alcholic to his death. i needed help for me how to cope. he died this year from his addiction. Really helped me and my family. Thank you
  • ab
    i was an addict for 35 years. i thought i was going to die on the streets. im a single father and i needed to keep it together for my kid. i have been clean for 2 years and my son is with me. i could not have done this with you and your staff at aspire. thank you so much fro saving my life. if anyone needs help call them. they really care and know what there doing.
  • js
    we found aspire to be one of the most helpfull out there. they really care and helped. not run around , they listened and really helped. God Bless Aspire we couldnt have saved my fiance with out them. thank you , thank you
  • ms
    Halleluaja! these people understand addicion and recover. they will talk to a family member even while not in the office. they really, really care. thank you so much for saving my life
  • ab
    thank you for your help. we now have a new life, one filled with joy and love , peace