Beachside Rehab in Fort Pierce, FL

300 S 6th Street
Fort Pierce FL 34950

Beachside Rehab Philosophy

Beachside Rehab provides substance abuse and dual diagnosis treatment that is truly individualized and holistic, all in a luxurious and therapeutic setting. Beachside Rehab's highly trained and credentialed clinical team work tirelessly to design comprehensive and multi-disciplinary treatment plans, focused on meeting each individual's needs and circumstances. By keeping the therapist-to-client ratio limited and centering the program around 1-1 counseling, underlying core issues are addressed, establishing the foundation to a lasting and sustainable recovery.

• Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
    EMDR is a highly specific, research-validated form of therapy that can help people overcome traumatic stress, anxiety and depression. With EMDR, a trained practitioner uses bilateral stimulation, eye movement and touch to stimulate parts of the brain as a patient recounts certain experiences and memories as a way to more thoroughly process uncomfortable, painful feelings.

• Individualized Treatment
    Some facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.

Psychodrama

Yoga

Relapse Prevention Therapy

Christine Ross, ARNP

Nurse Practitioner

Christine a native Floridian graduated from Palm Beach community college college with an Associates in nursing in 1993 has registered nursing professional experience included pediatrics to geriatrics and hospice. She graduated Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing in 2005 and in 2006 with her Master of Science in Nursing. Christine is Board certified by ANCC and has focused her practice in primary and urgent care, mental health and addiction, and hormone replacement.

Tabitha Grant, LMFT, MCAP

Clinical Director

Tabitha has her Master’s Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from Liberty University. She also has an additional 3 year/6,000 hour specialization from the Florida Certification Board as a Master’s Level Certified Addiction Professional and is a trained EMDR Therapist. Tabitha has several years of experience working with a variety of clients from children to adults. She was a Child Therapist in Tampa, Fl primarily working with children and their families who were in the foster care system. She was also a Family Counselor for The Salvation Army providing therapy for abused and neglected children due to parental substance abuse. Tabitha also spent a large amount of her career providing Substance Abuse Recovery Counseling and Marriage and Family Counseling for individuals and couples effected by addiction.

ABOUT BEACHSIDE REHAB

Located on Hutchinson Island off the east coast of Florida, Beachside Rehab is a family-run substance misuse treatment center for adult men and women. The facility offers a broad range of treatment programs, beginning with detox and progressing through residential care to outpatient services and a sober-living home.

Residential programs typically last 30 days, but may be extended to 60 or 90 days if necessary, making it one of 146 facilities (20.4 percent) in Florida to offer long-term residential care. Beachside Rehab is also one of only 73 (10.2 percent) of facilities in the state to offer detox residential treatment.

Treatment for co-occurring disorders is available here, and the program relies heavily on the 12-Steps as well as SMART Recovery models. Individualized relapse prevention plans are developed soon after detoxification.

For both substance misuse and dual diagnosis clients, treatment includes individual and group therapy, family therapy, relapse prevention workshops, addiction education, art therapy, cognitive behavioral therapies, and physical activities such as yoga and gym visits, among other treatment options. The facility also offers holistic treatment.

Holistic offerings: 4.9/5 Stars
Family participation: 4.4/5 Stars

Beachside Rehab boasts a staff-to-client ratio of 1:4. The Clinical Director is a licensed marriage and family therapist, as well as a certified addiction professional. The facility also employs nurses, therapists, psychodramatists, and counselors.

The facility is accredited by the Florida Department of Children and Families, the National Association of Addiction Treatment Providers, and the Better Business Bureau. Beachside Rehab is also only one of only 192 facilities (26.8 percent) in Florida to receive Joint Commission National Quality Approval.

Of the 53 individuals polled by Rehabs.com as of this date, reviews of the facility's staff were overwhelmingly positive, even among those who rated the facility negatively overall. One representative negative reviewer, JB, noted that "the therapists and medical staff were compassionate and undeniably helpful."

Staff experience and training: 4.7/5 Stars

True to its name, Beachside Rehab sits directly opposite the beach, offering clients a secluded and serene environment for recovery. Additionally, there are swimming pools at both the residential and the treatment facilities. The residential facility has 24 beds and offers clients both shared and private rooms and daily maid service. Vegetarian, vegan and paleo diets can be accommodated.

Cleanliness: 5/5 Stars

Offsite trips take advantage of the island setting and include kayaking, deep sea fishing, and horseback riding. A licensed nutritionist is available to counsel clients on healthy eating practices and help accommodate specific dietary needs.

To date, Rehabs.com has received 36 reviews from former clients, which were overwhelmingly positive. While alumni tended to praise Beachside Rehab's extracurricular activities and holistic treatment, reviews of individual counseling and level of counseling promised were rated negatively.

One representative reviewer, Michelle, wrote: “I went through this facility several months ago and had the most amazing experience. The facilities are beautiful, the staff is loving, kind and attentive and all of my needs were met.” D.C. shared a similar perspective, writing: “Best rehab I have ever been to!”

Reviews from alumni on secondary review sites also tended to be positive. On Google, 60 reviewers gave an average rating of four out of five stars while on Facebook, 34 reviewers gave an average rating of 4.4 stars. [1][2] Beachside Rehab staff may manage reviews on the facility’s official Facebook page. Reviews on Yelp, however, tended to be mixed, with most leaving either five-star or one-star reviews.[3]

The nine reviews from loved ones were generally mixed. Most praised the staff, such as A.I. who noted: “The people here were very kind and took the time to talk to us and show us what was best for him and what was required. They talked to me a lot and gave me updates on his progress.”

At the time of this writing, five staff members have left feedback with Rehabs.com about Beachside, mostly gave four and five out of five stars for the 15 metrics polled, including counseling and holistic options. Faith-based treatment fell slightly was highlighted as one of the facility's weak points, receiving two three-star reviews. As a whole, reviewers recommended the facility and spoke highly of its accommodations and the experience of the staff.

A 30-day stay starts at $15,000 and a 90-day stay starts at $35,000. The facility accepts many private insurance policies, including United, Humana, Aetna and Blue Cross Blue Shield, and offers financial assistance packages of up to 80 percent off the cost of treatment.

Seven individuals polled by Rehabs.com as of this date rated Beachside Rehab to be affordable.

Affordability: 4.6/5 Stars

[2] Facebook

[3] Yelp

Published on December 2018

I wish I would have read the independent reviews prior to checking in. This place is a joke. Don't make the same mistake I made do your research read independent reviews not reviews on their site

Helped my friend a lot. Not the person I once knew. Glad to have her back and seems to be doing well. The person on the phone was fantastic and help with many obstacles. Would recommend.

I've worked here for 3 years and I can attest from first-hand experience that everyone here does all they can for every single client, above and beyond. Unfortunately there are a lot of bad places out there that do not have the best of intentions for their clients but Beachside Rehab is not one of those places. I'm so grateful to work in an environment where I get to literally see people transform before me, become new men and women before my eyes. It is a testament to the entire team at Beachside.

For those people who sent in negative comments...it is obvious that they were not ready to receive help for their addiction. When you are in denial, anyplace you go to will be horrible, and all these comments are easy to put on line for all to see. The fact of the matter is Beach side is a well run and totally professional treatment center. If you are serious about getting well...it is the place to that will get it done. For all you naysayers, please take some responsibly as well.

I can say that the staff of this center were all very knowledgeable and truly cared about their clients. I’ve previously attended other treatment centers however and can’t help but compare. As with other rehabs, please don’t believe everything your told before admission or see on their website. Not all the housing looks like those pictured. Two of the women’s homes are need updating. Secondly, read every line in the admission paperwork - or request to see all policies and procedures before going. I have attended a smaller rehab that treated adults like adults, had more nutritious food, and more mature clients - and was less expensive!! - so I was somewhat dissapointed. However, this facility may be a good fit for younger people or those who have mainly experienced treatment in state run facilities.

This was a great experience. The staff was wonderful and helpful every step of the way. I was very impressed with the facilities and everyones desire to do better. I now have a better understanding of why I allowed addiction to rule my life for so long. My journey is only beginning but I finally have hope.

Beachside rehab is an excellent facility to begin your journey to recovery. The structure of groups, activities and individual therapy was great. Every group has something to learn from. They teach you the tools and coping skills you need when you transition back to reality. Their intake staff is wonderful and showed genuine care for me when I was deciding to come. The therapists here are all very well educated and do not judge you or condemn your past. The luxury aspects are just a bonus to top of this facility. My experience was wonderful I would highly suggest this rehab/IOP/OP to anyone wanting to break free of addiction.

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review, we are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience. We take pride in our amazing staff so I love to hear them being appreciated! Thanks!

I used to work for this company. When I committed to being a BHT I was hoping I could count on this job for a long time. Unfortunately I had to resign because this company lacks stability, security, reliability, opportunity, strong core values and beliefs, flexibility, culture, goals, and integrity. I could go on but I would rather leave it at that. I have a deep desire to help people. It was a big turnoff to know that this company put profit before wellness.

I've been to a few different rehabs but this is by far the most incredible facility I've ever been to. Although I was impressed by the incredible facilities it was the staff that really blew me away. Never have I come across a more caring loving group of people. When I arrived here I was broken and desperate and now I feel like I am living a whole new life - the life I always dreamed of. Thank you Beachside for everything, I will be forever greatful.

This is not the place to attend or send your loved one to if you like to be treated with respect and dignity. As a client, I expressed that this was unacceptable and they threw me out of the facility with no time to arrange transportation and no documents specifying why I was being kicked out. Their staff slept on the couches while they were supposed to be on overnight duty, checking on clients. Other employees will tell you to leave and be homeless if you don't like their rules. They do not provide safe procedures for you to leave on your own terms and they will kick you out whenever they feel like. If they don't like what you have to say, they will retaliate against you, take away your phone privileges, tell you that you should leave, and/or kick you out. This place is absolutely awful and hopefully will be shut down s. It is not a Luxury Facility, nor do they have any of the amenities they claim to have on their site or that their recruiters say they have. There is no deep sea fishing, there is no music classes, there is no gym that you can use when you want. You have to a roommate and you have chores like taking out the trash, cleaning up after roommates, and sweeping daily. There is no such thing as privacy and they go through your belongings while you are at the facility. You are cursed at and talked to like a child and if you even half way know your rights, you are a threat. There is no chain of command at this place, the CEO is just as nasty as some of the staff. DO NOT SUBJECT YOURSELF TO THIS TREATMENT. You are nothing but 60K to these people, not a person with feelings, emotions, or needs.

Hi Candi, thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We are sorry to hear that our facility did not meet your expectations. I assure you that everyone here at Beachside Rehab strives to help everyone struggling with addiction. I will share your feedback with the appropriate staff members as we are always looking to improve.

Terrible place to work. Management is horrible for clients. They need to looked into

My mother had the courage to check herself into Beachside Rehab a few weeks ago. They charged us $18,000 and kicked her out halfway though the program for requesting over the counter medications THEIR medical staff recommended. While the therapists and medical staff were compassionate and undeniably helpful, their owner and clinical director are condescending to patients and families. In addition, they refused to provide any type of discharge information, account information, or documentation they're claiming she signed (while detoxing). They said we'd have all the paperwork within 48 hours. That was Monday at 1 p.m. We still have received no paperwork whatsoever. Please protect yourself and loved ones by avoiding this nightmare facility.

Beachside is an amazing rehab. The facilities, amenities, atmosphere, and activities are all spectacular. The staff is by far the heart of beachside. Every employee goes above and beyond for the clients. I am so grateful to everyone there and would recommend anyone looking for teatment to give them a call.

This is a great treatment center. They have helped my son in so many ways. I can’t even start to express my gratitude to the staff. All I can say is thank you so much.

Very helpful

This place is very helpful , the staff is extremely knowledgeable and very into seeing your recovery become successful

Great rehab!

The website is purely photshopped . No gourmet meals. No art classes. No fun things to do on the weekend. No outside AA meetings. Just groups everyday and boring activities to choose from. The house is not upscale or luxurious. The staff is okay

Hi JD, although I'm disappointed to hear about your experience at Beachside Rehab I do appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback. I will certainly share this feedback with the rest of our team so that we can address any areas that we may need to improve. I'm sorry that you felt the residences were not "luxurious" as this is something we are quite proud of (you can see pictures from an unaffiliated google photographer here: https://goo.gl/frUFn7 ). Please reach out directly to me so that we can learn more about your experience. Thanks!

This facility helped save my life. I was able to learn tools to use out in the real world. I learned how to live my life after completing this program. The staff here actually care and want to see you succeed.

Thanks for the review! The Beachside staff does care about your success and using these tools in the real world is what its all about!

Beachside saved my life honestly, twice. The staff is amazing and very welcoming. The therapists understand you and actually care about you. Admissions guy is helpful in all aspects.

I owe my life to beachside. They have helped me in ways that I could of never imagined. The treatment team is amazing and they teach you ways to have fun in recovery as well

Beachside was one of the best decisions I have ever made for myself! I feel very fortunate to have had this experience and am ready to put the skills and knowledge I have acquired into use.

I have truly enjoyed my time with beachside. The therapy groups are very helpful and target psychological and social patterns. The staff is very kind and caring. They're always available to help. I feel like the geninuely care about my progress and recovery. Every need I had was met when I needed it! I would absolutely recommend BeachSide to any addict or alcoholic that SERIOUSLY wants recovery.

Thanks Zina!

The facility and staff are great and have helped me tremedously. I really appreciate all they have done for me and my family. I would recommend Beachside to anyone.

Best rehab facility with the most caring and loving staff.

This place is the real deal. Everyone working here is doing it for the right reasons. Best decision you can make for yourself.

This place is a horrible place to send a loved one or family member. Let's start with housing: Full of bed-bugs and roaches, sure the houses look nice but take one of those mattress covers off pure filth. Then when you tell there so called maintenance man they have working for them about it he tells you there is nothing wrong with it you will be fine! Are you kidding me the when you escalate it further they just take a mattress from one house and swith it with another house, this came right from there maintenance man's mouth. Pools and hot tubs don't work and you always get told we are working on it. The food is a joke in the homes they just as well starve you. Meals and nutrition: They have two people that barley speak a work of English in a commercial kitchen with no board of health certifications hanging on the wall, then don't even get me started with cross contamination they don't have proper prep tables or cleaning habits. Look it up and see if 300 South 6th Street Fort Pierce Fl has been inspected by the health department just call and ask I beg of you! Treatment: Ask how long your therapist has been working there in fact ask any of the staff how long they've been working there, it's like a revolving door in that place they can't keep staff. Clinical Director and upper management is a joke. If this doesn't tell you how horrible of a place this is nothing will. If you are serious about getting help please look for a different facility as this place does nothing for us people who are really trying to get help! When you complain about the facility they try and force Beachway on you and come to find out the maintenance guy tells me this is the owners ex husband. What a joke. Please if you want help look elsewhere!

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback, BB. I'm sorry that you felt our facility did not meet your standards. I assure you that we are always looking to improve every aspect of our program so that we can provide the best possible care. I will share your comments with the rest of our staff and management so that we can make any necessary changes. I encourage anyone who is thinking about coming to our facility to book a tour prior to admitting so that they may learn about what we do and services that we offer.

Great facility and caring people. Best decision I've ever made.

My best friend went through this treatment center over a year ago and his attitude and life has changed so much for the better. I can't say thank you enough to the staff who treated and continues to treat him like family. He said because it was a smaller facility the staff gave him the attention he needed to help start on the journey to recovery. Again thank you to the management and staff for giving me my best friend back and better than ever.

This is the best facility I have been to.

Beachside has helped me beyond my beliefs and i couldnt ask for more. The housing and food are a plus but i can truly say that the staff actually cares for you and wants the best for you witch is hard to find in this time in age.

this place has helped me grow so much!!!

I came to beachside desperate and broken. Upon arriving I immediately felt that I was in a safe and caring environment where I was able to truly work on myself and my recovery. The amenities were fantastic, ranging from a large and new therapy center, to gorgeous and clean housing. The staff is what truly made my stay enjoyable and meaningful. It was obvious from the beginning that a true sense of caring about a clients recovery generated from the owner and continued through the therapist and techs. I would strongly recommend this facility for any person who is truly looking to work on their recovery while receiving the best possible care available.

I have been sober for a few years so when a friend of mine started to show signs of struggling I knew what was going on. She confided in me that she had been drinking a lot more than was normal and she admitted she had a problem. Because she knew my previous experience she asked me to help her find treatment. Let me just say it is very overwhelming to find a good treatment center. She toured a number of places locally but they were terrible. My friend comes from a good upbringing and didn't want to be grouped in with people that were in and out of jail and rehab. finally we googled rehabs in Florida and came across Beachside. She flew down for a tour and loved it so much she checked in on the spot. I would speak with her often while she was there and I was amazed at the level of care and attention she was receiving. I visited once as well and was blown away at the operation. I'm sharing this because I know how hard it is to get help and my hope is that this review will help someone who is on the fence about where to go or what to do because it is so confusing out there. My friend has been clean for a year this month and it's easy to forget the people that helped her get here. Beachside was a huge part and I applaud them for the good work they do!

People, this place is the real deal. As an investor I always do a lot of research and I did my due diligence to find Beachside. It was a very good decision! Well worth the money. Very professional staff, medical and clinical. I learned a lot about myself and am now able to stay sober on my own. Very happy. My wife is happy too =) !!!

If you care about the person going, just do not do it.

I really don't know where to start. This has all been so emotional for me. I can't thank Beachside enough for what they have given me. Not to get into details but I was able to overcome an obstacle or two in my life beyond just the drinking because of beachsides staff. I was treated with dignity and respect. Just because someone is an addict does give you the right to treat them like a dog. When I pulled up to the "point house" I couldn't believe it. Being from Indiana I never seen anything so beautiful. In the evening I would sit on the dock and watch the sunset. There are a couple people that I want to give special recognition to for helping me when I needed it most: a male staff member for putting up with me that first week I was here, a woman staff member for always being available, and another male staff memebr for making sure I got there in the first place. There are too many names to mention but everyone was so helpful and professional. A couple things I think they could improve on: more snacks during the day, a little more beach time, ride horses once a week and not every other week. I'm staying now in the local town of Vero Beach so I can continue my recovery program. Great place to change your life. I would recommend to anyone

It is difficult to give a thoughtful, positive review to a facility dealing with addiction. The nature of this disease is to cloud your thoughts. Overall, beachside is an oasis. It is the perfect place to get away from all the things that are distractions from looking at yourself. Just one month to think makes a huge impact on an individual. As far as the facility and amenities, in comparison to the facilities I have experienced, this is the nicest &most serene. The program itself can use a bit of tweaking. I was in need of assistance both personal and professional, and after submitting numerous formal request to staff AND upper management with no real answer or response, I chose to sign myself out against medical advice. Beachside made this already difficult situation as uncomfortable as they were able to... My biggest grievance would have to be with the medical department. Dr. is by far the worst bedside manner I have seen from ANY medical professional, EVER IN MY LIFE. After discussing with other clients I realize there are just TOO MANY grievances with him to list them all. Considering he is only there once a week, it takes weeks for any request. Took 2 weeks to get benedryl for the insane amour of mosquitoes that will DESTROY you. They call them no.see.ums. My legs are completely scarred from their bites. On a positive note, my absolute favorite person at beachside is the cook. His culinary skills are excellent, but the positive energy, and sincere smile are the highlight of my stay. Also one of the female staff members, the night tech in the womens castle is a gift and a beautiful and warm soul. She leaves the door to her office OPEN all night EVERY night she is there 11pm-7am for anyone needing to talk/ share/ cry/ laugh... whatever it is. I had many sleepless nights at beachside, hercalming presence helped me through those sleepless nights. Rehab is never easy, beachside did ease the process. The house and pool are gorgeous. It is so clean, there is an abundance of food. The lunches at the center are 10 times better than the catering you will receive each evening. Beautiful. Be prepared to gain a few lbs. I did enjoy kayaking and paddle boarding as well as yoga and meditation on the beach. That was amazing, and truly beneficial to creating a desire to stay sober. Overall, this is a 5 star rehab. I am so glad I made the decision to come. Today I have 33 days sober, and I couldn't be happier. I believe you are doing an awesome job. I bet in another 2 years it will be even better. Thank you again for helping me. Warm regards

My step son was really struggling with several issues. Beachside got him in right away. The counselors, the facilities & the programs were great for him. Beachside help turn his life completely around. I'm for ever grateful to Beachside!

Ive been sober since I left which is one year in August. Longest I've been clean since I was 15. Therapists here were great and I learned some good tools. I still go to meetings and out patient but I don't ever want to go back to drinking or my old life. Nice place, I miss the beach lol.

This facility looked great online, with pictures of large houses. They also told me after checking my insurance that I would have ZERO out of pocket costs. When I arrived, they had a large decent house for the female patients and a tiny, old, and HORRIBLE condo for the male patients. The food was not healthy at all, the patients were immature and disrespectful toward STAFF! The staff were extremely unprofessional. ... Good news, I've been sober since going there do to my actions. The only great thing about this place was the holistic approach.

I had a great expirence they helped me realize my problems and made me face them.

QUALIFIED CARING EMPLOYEES WHO PUT THE PATIENTS NEEDS FIRST. NEVER TURNING AWAY CLIENTS WHO ARE NOT ALWAYS READY TO COMMIT TO TREATMENT. The facility is not only a beautiful place to live while recovering, it is dedicated to helping our patients reaching and realizing their potential and goals.

Small family oriented loving facility. Too many second chances. Beachside is a great company to work for and I'm looking forward to our growing future.

Strengths: Therapist & Clinical Staff Amenities Clinical Center Housing Peaceful environment on the beach. Beachside Rehab is dedicated to helping individuals & their families recovery from the addictive lifestyle. The highly trained & very caring staff go above & beyond for the clients.

Strengths: Numerous activities, caring staff, Beautiful area. Weaknesses: Shared living space. Beachside Rehab is located on a beautiful island in South Florida. The clients spend roughly a month working on themselves via various programs and numerous extra activities. The staff is kind and caring and are available 24/7. I recommend Beachside Rehab to anyone struggling with any addiction and is ready to get help.

Does anyone else find it kind of funny that even the very few not so great reviews of Beachside from the negative people who couldn't stay sober at all before they got to Beachside and lives were a mess, after attending Beachside are now sober and doing well? That is still pretty impressive

GREAT STAFF! GREAT PLACE TO GET SOBER!

Best rehab I have ever been to!

From the clients point of view we offer a fantastic program with many recovery options from 12 step, holistic, to SMART recovery. Our beautiful local beaches provide the serenity needed to help our clients heal from the inside out. Combine this with a staff that is warm, welcoming, and empathetic to our clients needs and you get the perfect foundation to start your recovery. More rooms for IOP are needed. The housing is beautiful and well kept. The real life activities offered such as, bowling, movies, and kayaking, help clients learn how to live in recovery.

I went through this facility several months ago and had the most amazing experience. The facilities are beautiful, the staff is loving, kind and attentive and all of my needs were met. I have completed this program and have stayed sober ever since. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone!

I was very nervous about going here, but I really am grateful for all the help and support I got here. The staff is amazing and the therapy really saved my life and I got my family back. I look forward to coming back someday to visit!

Caring workers and staff, meets the needs of the clients individually and not as a whole. More consistency with procedures for clients. A phenomenal place that anyone that is willing to get help will be able to get help, caring staff, beautiful facilities and maintained residences

This place helped save my life and changed it for the better. I am so grateful for the opportunity this place gave me. The staff treated me like family and made me feel like I was worth saving. Over a year later my life is better than I could have ever imagined and I am happily sober. Once again it was a great experience and I am so grateful.

This rehab is a real specail place for me. I took my step-son here a while back and he's been there for 6 months. The people here were very kind and took the time to talk to us and show us what was best for him and what was required. They talked to me a lot and gave me updates on his progress. I have seen a real change and I'm glad we went here.

This rehab is a money mill. it was very sad to see the young people in the program that their parents sent most of them, said it was a vacation for them. This worries me. The rehab has only been open less then two years. Most staff has less then 1 year sober with no higher training. the people in rehab run the facility. very very sad. not a place for peace and sober living. Not holistic at all. I am sober today and proud of this. seeing the messed up rehab, counselors, and patients has helped me stay clean! please before you send your loved one there, do research. this was my first rehab and only. its a very hard decision to make . for most there is no choice. this place is not a place to get to core problems and deal with pain as well as family. people spend to much time focused on other patients drama. the staff has no control over patients. the patients have the upper hand. the patients. most staff has little sober time. no RNs or doctors on call. place is not well equipped to handle a true emergency. I had to be taken to ER for medical reason and it took staff a hour to get a ok or someone to take me. then had a 5 day stay in hospital. very very few stay sober. I can say ..... I am sober and will never look back.

I am very sorry to hear about your experience with us Kimberley. I'm glad that you are still sober and doing well but I'd like to set the record straight on a few points. We have a staff of 6 therapists, all highly qualified and certified (for more information please see our staff page). We take great pride in the quality of our counseling so the claim that our staff has "no higher training" is simply not true. We also have a Dr. on call that meets with all of our clients as well as a registered nurse. This is required by the Department of Children and Families of which we are licensed. The fact that you did not see an AED (automated external defibrillator) on a particular wall is attributed to the fact that we are not a hospital-type facility but instead a residential treatment facility that is designed for people who do not require medical supervision, although we do meet the highest standards for health and safety. Again Kimberley I'd like to say that, on behalf of Beachside Rehab, we are thrilled to hear that you are living sober today!