Behavioral Health Services - American Recovery Center in Pomona, CA

Call (909) 865-2336 to Contact Behavioral Health Services - American Recovery Center

2180 West Valley Boulevard
Pomona CA 91768

Behavioral Health Services - American Recovery Center Philosophy

ABOUT BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES — AMERICAN RECOVERY CENTER

Founded in 1973, Behavioral Health Services (BHS) is a nonprofit, community-based organization that operates more than a dozen locations throughout Los Angeles County. American Recovery Center (ARC), BHS’s Pomona-based clinic, offers residential and outpatient treatment to individuals struggling with substance use disorder. The facility also provides medical detox, a service offered by 15 percent of all non-hospital-based treatment facilities in California.

Additionally, the center provides services for clients who are required to undergo court-ordered treatment for drug possession, drinking and driving, and domestic violence.

If necessary, clients begin their treatment with medical detoxification. This program lasts up to 14 days and includes 24-hour supervision, addiction education, and an introduction to 12-step principles. Once stabilized, discharged clients may be referred to ARC’s residential or outpatient unit.

Most residential clients remain on-site for three to six months. During this time, the treatment team provides addiction education and therapeutic interventions aimed to help clients resolve any legal problems, as well as issues related to medical and psychiatric care, family dynamics, social interaction, education, and job readiness. Clients are also encouraged to build a sober network to help them maintain long-term sobriety.

Outpatient treatment is highly individualized and may be used as a standalone treatment or as a step-down from residential care. Offered at a variety of intensities, OP focuses on relapse prevention and empowering individuals with recovery tools they can use outside of a treatment setting. Treatment duration ranges from three to nine months, and clients may attend sessions between one and five days a week.

There is currently no information provided by the facility regarding the treatment staff at ARC; however, BHS’s leadership includes licensed clinical social workers and certified addiction counselors.

There is currently no information provided by the facility regarding its living arrangements and related offerings; however, the two former clients surveyed by Rehabs.com to date gave ARC two out of five stars and four out of five stars respectively for its accommodations and amenities.

The two alumni polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing gave the facility mixed feedback. Kellie, a 40-to-59-year old female, awarded ARC four or five out of five stars across most metrics evaluated, including holistic offerings, comfort and safety, the staff's availability, and the staff's level of training and experience. "ARC save my life!" she wrote. "The time I was there, ARC got me through one of my toughest moments!"

Jenny, on the other hand, gave ARC just one or two out of five stars
across the majority of metrics evaluated, including cleanliness, treatment of co-occurring disorders, affordability, and the staff's level of training and experience. "The employees were not educated, mo like baby sitters," she noted. When asked, on a scale from one to five, if she would recommend the facility, Jenny gave a rating of one.

ARC fared well on Google[1], where it earned an average rating of 4.1 out of five stars based on 25 reviews. Most former clients described the facility as an effective and well-run treatment center, despite its no-frills nature. "I got so much help & support at recognizing the problems & chaos I had been living in wasn’t due to drugs, it was ALL ME," wrote Lisa in a representative review.

Feedback was also positive on Facebook, where ARC received a 4.3 out of five star rating based on the opinions of 130 individuals. "I'm forever grateful for ARC...This place not only saved my life, but gave me my life back, and showed me who the real me is," noted Brittany in a representative review.

There is currently no information provided on the facility's website regarding its costs; however BHS’s 2015 annual report indicates that the organization’s outpatient services are covered by Medi-Cal.

Published on December 2018

Kellie

ARC save my life! The time I was there, ARC got me through one of my toughest moments! Headed not been for the wonderful staff I don't think I can be where I am today

Jenny

Easy to get into. I had co dependency and was locked into a room. The employees were not educated, mo like baby sitters.