Blueprints for Recovery in Prescott, AZ

550 S Montezuma Street
Prescott AZ 86303

Blueprints for Recovery Philosophy

At Blueprints for Recovery, we realize that young adult addicts suffer from a complex of issues that all need to be treated. There is depression, dysthymia, lack of motivation, lack of spiritual connection, ADD/ADHD, anxiety, trauma and affect dysregulation, inability to feel a part of or to be an integral member of a group, a deficiency in life skills and communication skills, as well as the near constant belief that drugs or alcohol can satisfy these disparities. We treat all of these over an extended period of time, giving the addict the best possible chance at a lifetime of recovery.

• Holistic Therapy
    Facilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.

12-Step Program Based

Individual Counseling

Daily Meditation

Rodney Zimmers, PA

CEO

Rodney was with Gatehouse Academy for over 5 years, until their recent closing. He began his treatment career as a Residential Technician, then as an Admissions Coordinator, a Residential Director, a Family Communications Manager, and finally, the Program Director. His Bachelor’s degree is in Health Care Management. Rodney brings a tremendous amount of heart to his work; and also, an impeccable integrity to the business side of treatment. Mr. Zimmers brings art and music to the program, along with recovery related outings and 12-step literature studies. He has an enormous commitment to addiction recovery. “I truly believe that long-term treatment gives the addict his best chance for recovery and a new healthy life. The addict needs time, lots of time, in a safe and sober environment to survive and then thrive.

Cindy Rollins, PsyD

Clinical Director

Cindy is a licensed clinical psychologist for the state of Arizona. She earned a Doctorate in Clinical-Community Psychology in 2010 at University of La Verne, California. Cindy’s expertise includes providing counseling services to adolescents and adults in both inpatient and outpatient settings; primarily in managing anxiety disorders, mood disorders, substance abuse and addiction, dual diagnosis, chronic pain, medical adherence, post-traumatic stress disorder, as well as provide psychological testing and comprehensive ADHD testing services. She uses an integrative approach, often pulling from cognitive behavioral therapy and humanistic therapy, while incorporating a strengths-based framework that focuses on increasing each individual’s awareness of his or her inner resiliency in overcoming challenges.

ABOUT BLUEPRINTS FOR RECOVERY

Settled in the tranquil, small community of Prescott, Ariz., Blueprints for Recovery is a gender-specific, long-term residential treatment program for young men 18 to 25 struggling with chemical dependency. The facility is relatively small with 24 beds to maintain a low resident to staff ratio for more personalized service. With a foundation in 12-step immersion, the treatment program also incorporates evidence-based and experiential therapy methods.

Blueprints for Recovery follows a three-phase program that guides participants from drug use to sobriety in a gradual process. Blueprints for Recovery begins its process of treatment with a comprehensive needs assessment for each applicant. Program applicants are screened for psychiatric and addiction treatment needs to develop a detailed and personalized treatment plan. Then, clients are moved into the residential phase of treatment where they are monitored by medical personnel while receiving treatment for substance abuse. Clients will take part in 12-Steps treatment, which the facility’s website calls the “backbone” of treatment. Individual and group counseling plays a large role in the program’s curriculum as well. In addition, treatment utilizes cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), motivational interviewing (MI), and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) to set short and long-term goals, modify behavior, and change destructive thinking patterns.

During the residential phase of treatment, clients also participate in outdoor therapies. Group hikes are a daily part of these therapies as a way to retrain bodies and minds. Other therapy sessions can be held outdoors, and clients are encouraged to participate in outdoor activities.
Other activities include experiential and holistic therapies such as expressive arts therapy, guided meditation sessions, and outdoor activities such as weekly hiking trips and monthly four- to five-day trips.

Blueprints for Recovery holds regular family workshops, which include educational classes and family counseling sessions. The typical length of treatment is nine months, and Blueprints for Recovery strongly encourages their residential alumni to continue treatment in the program's transitional homes. Residents of the homes continue to attend 12-step meetings, participate in group and individual counseling, and submit to drug testing.

Blueprints for Recovery employs a highly-qualified team of psychiatrists, master’s level counselors, outdoor guides, and a treatment support team. According to the facility’s website, all staff members are also in long-term recovery. Due to the center’s small size, clients enjoy a relatively low staff-to-client ratio.

Blueprints for Recovery’s residential treatment center is a 24-bed, home-like facility with a full kitchen, spacious communal areas, patios, and acres of outdoor space for recreational activities. Along with weekly hikes, clients also participate in a monthly Adventure Program, in which they go on four- to five-day excursions throughout the Southwest. Past activities have included surfing, camping, snowboarding, kayaking, fishing, and rock climbing.

At the time of this writing, Rehabs.com has received three reviews from alumni of Blueprints For Recovery.

Accommodations and amenities, meals and nutrition, family participation, the center’s holistic offerings, and effectiveness of treatment all received four- and five-star ratings by the three alumni polled in these categories to date.

In addition, alumni praised the staff highly with multiple reviews touting them as a major strength of the facility, earning five out of five stars for their level of training and experience. One anonymous alum wrote that “the staff is very personable and connects with each client. Shows you other outlets in life other then addiction.”Alum H.H. also listed the “caring staff” as one of the facility’s biggest strengths.

The seven reviews from loved ones surveyed by Rehabs.com to date were also very positive. When asked, on a scale from one to five, whether they would recommend treatment at Blueprints For Recovery, six of the seven loved ones polled by Rehabs.com to date gave the facility perfect five-star ratings.

family and friends of former clients provided four- and five-star ratings In many categories including connectivity, family participation, and affordability. The staff's level of training and experience was a highlight, averaging 4.85 out of five stars and many loved ones left positive comments, which can best be summed up by T.S., who wrote: “The staff exude genuine care & have a tremendous amount of experience.”

On Google, the facility earned five out of five stars from all four reviews to date.[1] Reviewers praised the staff. In a representative review, an anonymous loved one wrote: “Blueprints seemed to understand and be realistic on what my son needed to achieve recovery as well as myself. They designed an individual plan that was geared towards my son and his struggles but not only for him but for me as well.”

There is limited information on the organization’s website regarding health insurance plans, but it likely accepts Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, United Healthcare, Cigna, and Value Options based on the information available. The facility also offers financing with guidelines that make it relatively easy to get the needed financing. Applicants can apply for financing online or submit an insurance information request form on the website to find out if a particular plan is accepted.

[1] https://goo.gl/Q5mg8k

Published on August 2017

This program offered comprehensive treatment. cold creek offered me treatment for all of the issues relating to my addiction in the same time and in the same setting.

Cost & accessibility to staff members. Lack of clarity on one's progress. The staff exude genuine care & have a tremendous amount of experience.

They only care about your money. They shun their good therapists which provide information and strategies that few can offer and instead use primarily a step based program, which makes no sense because the steps are FREE. Do not send a loved one here.

Well trained staff, the staff is very personable and connects with each client. Shows you other outlets in life other then addiction. Such as traveling for backpacking trips, snowboarding, fishing etc. As a client of this facility, I don't believe there were any weaknesses at this facility. I had alot of fun at this facility, I'm forever grateful for the people that opened this place and are continuing to help people every day. I couldn't recommend a better facility.

An overall great facility

Caring staff, awesome outdoor adventures, great food and a program that has kept me happy and sober.I have nothing but positive memories and gratitude for Blueprints. They changed my life! I had run out of hope. I had finally hit rock bottom in my addiction and was literally dying. I finally was willing to get some help. As soon as I arrived at Blueprints, I felt an overwhelming feeling of relief. I knew I was in a safe and understanding place. The staff loved me until I learned to love myself. Their program taught me how to be a man in sobriety and how to live a life of integrity. I thank God for Blueprints and what they have done for me. I highly recommend Blueprints for Recovery to any one who wants to learn how to get sober and stay sober. I made a decision to get help and three years later, I am still sober. My favorite memories of Blueprints are the awesome outdoor actives. We went camping, fishing, snowboarding and we had a blast. The food is also great...we ate better than I ever had! I love my new life and Blueprints for Recovery definitely showed my how to live it!

Strengths: Location (Prescott) - recovery town...lots of rehab programs and meetings available - lodging is not luxurious but certainly nice for the residents - staff is very hands-on with residents and seem to bond with the residents - i.e. the residents like the staff and it seems that all get along. My son has had some setbacks, but he has just graduated, still wants to stay around, knows that this facility has been a positive thing in his life and has instilled a sense of accomplishment in him, and has met some good, good friends - he has changed for the good. Blueprints has served as a very strong influence on my son in helping him to reach sobriety from a very, very intense drug addiction. He still has a lot of discipline to learn in future days, but he has the best attitude now than ever before. He has found a place that he knows is safe and good for him and he plans to stay around it. I truly believe that he has learned from Blueprints that it is a better life to be sober and happy.

No nonsense approach to addiction. All male clientele. FABULOUS therapists. Environment does not foster a sense of entitlement. Working with the family is a key component of the program. Psychiatrists, not nurse praticioners, provide monitoring and maintenance of meds. Everyone, from the director on down, is very approachable. Program works with clientele to establish independence. They worked with us regarding our concerns. The living quarters are not great, but, we also did not want a country club-type environment for our son. We are more than pleased with our decision to place our son at Blueprints.

People/Counselers are the best in the business the location is perfect for this program and amazing people that really care about everyone. Blueprints for Recovery gave me my son back. A blessing I will never forget and He is doing awesome. They stayed with my son every minute of every day and continue contact. I can't say how important this facility and group of people are to my family. I would strongly recommend anyone to them

Strengths: Thorough, run by knowledgeable and caring leaders. Awesome dietary program. Fantastic outdoor activities. Very successful outcome. Far exceeded our expectations. We had tried other solutions. This one worked for our son. Now 4 years sOber.

Strengths: Caring Staff, Experienced, affordable, great success rate, great family support. This program saved my son's life. I would highly recommend this to any family or individual in need.

I was the third client ever to go through blueprints, I have been through many treatment facilities throughout my life and blueprints was nothing like any other rehab I went through, they weren't just about making money they actually genuinely cared about there clients and helping people. Blueprints went above and beyond anything I ever imagined a treatment facility would go for me and my situation. I owe everything to this place and there staff . Forever grateful!

Research this facility. ... Do not forget the absolute cult like mentality. ... The fact that they opened this place shows how little the government cares

My son attended Blueprints beginning Dec. 2012. He recently celebrated his 2 year sober anniversary. My husband and I participated in the parent workshop and have visited Blueprints several times. My son attended one other program and was not successful. Blueprints was the answer....The staff at blueprints provided him with the small, close-knit, family, home environment that he needed to face his issues. he love and care provided were beyond exceptional. Excellent support staff is available including counseling services, nutrition, adventure, group, individual, and so much more. After finishing the recovery program, my son continued his recovery with the Blueprints Transition Program which assisted him with his recovery while working and transitioning back to living his life as a sober individual. The support provided by the other clients is continuous . My son is now surrounded by his sober family. What I know for sure is that my son would not be alive today without Blueprints. I will forever be grateful to Blueprints....they brought my boy back to me. This program is the BEST of the BEST!

This place saved my life. The staff uses their extended knowledge of the recovery field to bring a unique and laid back atmosphere that actually works!!! Im forever grateful that they took me in and helped me get and stay sober.

blueprints seems to be the only place in prescott that doesn't have a cookie-cutter treatment model. The clients are getting individualized care and the backpacking trips were out of this world - this place was amazing

Before sending a loved one to this facility, you should research Gatehouse Academy (where the current CEO used to work)...The fact that any former Gatehouse employee is still treating addicts is a shame and gross oversight of our government.

I would like to address this review with the following: the CEO mentioned above is no longer employed at Blueprints For Recovery and hasn't been for sometime. Blueprints for Recovery is in no way shape or form aligned with Gatehouse. I apologize and regret any confusion or worry this has caused you. Thank You.

I went through Blueprints main program last year. I had a lot of fun not only going out on the backpacking trips but I also had learned a lot about myself and sobriety. I still keep in touch with my therapist and my old roommates.

Silver Sands Recovery