BOLD Health in Encinitas, CA

(5 of 5)
561 Saxony Place Suite 101
Encinitas CA 92024

BOLD Health Philosophy

We believe that everyone is addicted to avoiding reality and their feelings about it.

We build our patient's psychological capacity to tolerate anxiety and underlying feelings so they don't have to use destructive defenses like using.

• Client & Family Support Groups
    Group therapy is a vital component of addiction recovery treatment, considered as important and effective (sometimes even more so) than individual therapy. Benefits include reducing isolation and loneliness and providing the opportunity to learn from others in recovery. In the addiction setting, group therapy is run by trained professionals who guide participants toward a shared goal of recovery.

• Dual Diagnosis/Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment

Only short term dynamic psychotherapy program in the country

Run by physicians and psychologists

Psychologically focused

Dr. Kristy Lamb

MD

Dr. Lamb is highly trained in family medicine, psychiatry, addiction medicine, and a respected psychotherapist

Dr. Chris Small

MD

Dr. Small is highly respected in the area for psychiatry and addiction medicine. Also board certified in family medicine.

ABOUT BOLD HEALTH

Located in the coastal town of Encinitas, CA to the north of San Diego, BOLD Health offers intensive outpatient (IOP) and partial hospitalization (PHP) treatment for individuals struggling with substance abuse, mental health and co-occurring disorders. It is part of the 15% of California facilities to offer outpatient detox on site.

According to the facility's website, treatment at BOLD is evidence based and focused heavily on scientifically proven methods. The site states that they value meditation, yoga and exercise, and healthy eating but only "secondary to our primary purpose of getting to the core issue causing your addiction." It is part of only 18.5 percent of California facilities to provide PHP treatment.

BOLD focuses on both the biological and psychological components of mental health disorders. Individual and group therapy make up a portion of treatment. Counseling groups meet three to five times per week. BOLD Health is part of the 53.5 percent of facilities in the state that offer couples therapy, as well as family counseling. Medication management, osteopathic manipulative treatment, biofeedback, and interaction. Aftercare is available to alumni in the form of support groups.

Board certified physicians and PHD-level counselors make up the treatment staff at BOLD. A licensed marriage and family therapist and a yoga teacher round out the team.

REVIEWS

To date Rehabs.com has not received any reviews from former patients. Reviews on secondary sites are few, but those that do exist are uniformly positive. On Google four individuals rated the facility five out of five stars and another gave a four star rating. Most of these alumni praised the staff in their written reviews.[1] "Have been in and out of treatment for 4 years now and NOTHING compares to Bold Health." Wrote J.W. "They have an incredible approach towards treatment and IT WORKS... Bold Health attacked my addiction at the core and helped me realize that I can life a happy healthy and sober life."

No information is available on the facility's website regarding pricing or insurance.

[1] https://goo.gl/maps/LuGk458WgHu

Published on December 2018

RLW

Excellent. Their approach links the addiction process with anxiety. Community support groups are lead by trained professionals. Educational. Empowering and solution focused. I highly recommend.

eh

The doctor is one of the most exceptional medical professionals I have ever had the pleasure to work with. I have been seeing her for a few years and her skill as a physician and psychiatrist were in evidence from my first appointment. Her friendly demeanor, compassion, availability, empathy, treatment suggestions, and the willingness to 'get in the ring' with me have made all the difference.......I keep wanting to say she has saved my life, but the truth is I saved my own life, but she provided the road maps, the "keys to my car", the treatment tools,, while offering the empathy and compassion when I most need it. Thank you.