Bradford Health Services - A Reprieve for Men

401 South 9th Street, Opelika, Alabama, 36801

4.2

About Bradford Health Services - A Reprieve for Men

Bradford Health Services offers a wide variety of drug and alcohol treatment options at numerous locations in Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Florida. The Reprieve Program, located in Opelika, Alabama, is a year-long residential drug and alcohol rehab program that helps individuals overcome their substance abuse addiction. Staff members guide residents through the 12 steps of Alcoholics Anonymous, assist with employment opportunities and job placement, and create a supportive long-term community for practicing sober life skills.

Holistic Therapy

Facilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.

12-Step

The term “12 Step Program” describes a way to recover from addiction that is based on the model developed by Alcoholics Anonymous. Many drug and alcohol treatment centers base their treatment on 12 steps – the first three of which are situational, the next four addressing the practical issues created by the addiction, followed by two steps focused on making amends for hurting others. Steps 10 and 11 involve a deeper examination of the previous steps and the final step is focused on helping others avoid and recover from addiction.

• Adult Continuing Care
  • Intensive Outpatient Program
  • General Family Support

4.2/5
    4.3/5
    4.1/5
    4.1/5

• Suzy
    While my son has not completed the full one year program, the change in my son is one that wouldn't have happened on his own. The staff is to be commended for their commitment to helping others like themselves who need this treatment. Family weekend changed everything about how I thought about addiction. I wish I could give each facilitator a hug and thank them for helping me see things about addiction I hadn't known before, and for their kindness toward the families present. The focus on the 12 Step program helps build a foundation needed for a strong mind and mindfulness. Thank you, Reprieve staff.
  • TM
    Words can not adequately express the gratitude for the Reprieve and all of their awesome staff! Through their work and dedication my son is not only sober but he left with a newfound self awareness, gentleness, and appreciation for others. I highly recommend the Reprieve for anyone who's loved one is struggling with addiction.
  • ttb
    first 90 days is very beneficial however the lifeskils portion is run very poorly and unorganized,, overall needs alot of improvments
  • ks
    My son entered the reprieve several days before he turned 19 yo after his 2nd inpatient rehab admission. He was ready to try to change his life, and the reprieve has given him all the tools and support he has needed to make that change. The 12 step program has been paramount to his sobriety. The reprieve staff has been very supportive and educational for our family throughout the process. With our son having been sober for 11 months, having success in his college courses, and his overall becoming a responsible adult, we are very proud of him and are believers in what the reprieve can do for those battling addiction that are ready to try to change their lives. Having gone through brief inpatient stays and a failed outpatient program before, our family feels strongly that a prolonged program like the reprieve is the best investment one could ever make in the life of their loved one battling the disease of addiction. To anyone reading this looking to help their loved one, stay supportive, learn not to enable their behavior, and don\'t give up. Good luck and may God bless your family.
  • Christopher
    Staffed by recovering addicts/alcoholics. Strong ties to the community. Great accommodations and training facility. Long term options for extended care. No insurance coverage, so affordability (though relatively inexpensive) is only for those who have disposable income. The program is fairly new. You need detox before attending. This is an all male treatment program. It offers many therapies and an atmosphere of brotherhood. Wonderful immersion into 12 step recovery and assistance with real world reintroduction. Great community involvement and service opportunities. Great dining and living arrangements.
    After eight years of alcoholism our son hit bottom and finally agreed to commit to The Reprieve, and we are so thankful that he did as the year-long program "reconditioned" his mind and spirit while giving him the coping skills and training to take life day-by-day and remain sober. He has rejoined society as a productive and responsible citizen. We are so very thankful to the entire staff at Bradford.
  • DBM
    It worked for me. I started back drinking I could handle it now. I was wrong of course.
  • CB
    The family days we spent there were extremely useful. We were made more knowledgeable and received tools to help us better help our son with addiction. If he was able to stay there a year, maybe it would have helped, but 30 days is not enough time to help anyone. The group session after care was only of value to me because I felt less alone as a parent but I don't feel it was helpful to my child. And the price was extremely unreasonable.
  • RHY
    This facility helped my brother stop abusing alcohol and gave him the tools to help keep him sober.
  • STG
    Good facility and staff.
  • anonymous
    Offers counseling and visits with immediate family members. It was very expensive, but I don't know how it compares.
  • anonymous
    I think having staff that have lived a life free of drugs is just as important as staff that are recovering addicts. Need more activity options.