Brian's Safehouse, Inc.

368 Dearing Drive, Mount Hope, West Virginia, 25880

4.9

About Brian's Safehouse, Inc.

Brian's Safehouse is a place where men struggling with addiction can encounter the life-restoring powers of God in an environment free from drugs and alcohol. Our program teaches residents emotional, spiritual, and practical life skills and enables the residents to reenter society as responsible, contributing citizens. We are designed to meet the need for a long-term, life training facility.

Individualized Treatment

Some facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.

Residential Treatment

• Individual counseling as well as group sessions.
  • Classes offered weekly.
  • Very clean and well maintained facility.
Leon Brush

Steven O'Field

Life Coach/Teacher

Show Bio

Reviewed by Our Contributors

ABOUT BRIAN'S SAFEHOUSE, INC.

For about a decade, Brian’s Safehouse, Inc., has been serving men seeking recovery from substance use disorders, in Mount Hope, W.Va. Brian's Safehouse, Inc., is one of 21 (20.6 percent) of West Virginia treatment facilities in West Virginia to offer long-term residential care.

The faith-based Christian rehab center is a nonprofit, and a sister treatment center for women called The Sparrow's Nest is located nearby. According to a 2017 SAMHSA survey, 37.3 percent of rehabs in West Virginia offer a program tailored to adult women, while 38.2 percent offer one tailored to adult men.

Admission to the 12-month program at Brian’s Safehouse in West Virginia begins with an online application, followed by an initial phone call, then an on-site or phone interview. Treatment plans are tailored for each resident while at the same time fitting within a highly structured program.

Treatment is divided into four phases, all of which involve at least weekly individual and group therapy, case management, and group meetings. During each stage, residents progress through the 12-Steps and take on increased responsibility in the house.

Part of the expectation of Brian’s Safehouse staff is that clients will demonstrate emotional regulation and prioritize Christian principles in decision-making. Clients also engage in work therapy, with an emphasis on developing a work ethic in preparation for recovery after rehab. According to a 2017 SAMHSA survey, 27.5 percent of rehabs in West Virginia offer employment counseling or training for clients.

Family services are based in weekly classes in which loved ones learn about recovery and explore different points of view among other client family members. Aftercare services are also available.

The staff includes a master’s-level licensed social worker and two life coaches. Volunteers contribute as teachers and mentors. Many individuals involved in treatment services are in recovery themselves, including alumni of the residential program. According to information provided by the facility to Rehabs.com, the staff-to-client ratio is 1:5. To date, the four individuals polled by Rehabs.com praised the facility's staff.

Staff Experience and Training: 5/5

Clients stay in dormitory-like rooms at Brian’s Safehouse, an arrangement the center’s website notes has therapeutic benefits. Ten residents are accommodated at a time. The website also touts the facility’s cleanliness and upkeep, maintained by daily staff inspections. To date, the four individuals polled by Rehabs.com agreed with this assessment.

Cleanliness: 5/5

Photographs feature a house set on spacious land with a large garden and pagoda. Inside is an open kitchen and simply furnished living spaces, along with workout and table tennis equipment. Residents also have access to a walking track and basketball court. No smoking or tobacco use is allowed on-site.

The four alumni surveyed by Rehabs.com to date all left highly positive reviews. All four praised the treatment effectiveness and some even credited the facility with saving their life. "This place saved my life," S.P. wrote in a representative review. "It showed me where I went wrong in life and gave me the tools to turn my life around and continue in the correct direction."

The two alumni surveyed on more granular metrics each gave four- and perfect five-star ratings to nearly all categories evaluated. Categories include the experience of the staff, staff availability, family participation, cleanliness of the facility, and counseling options, among others.

Reviews on third-party sites were similarly positive. On Google, four reviewers left five-star reviews.[1] Likewise, on the center’s official Facebook page, which its staff may be able to monitor, the facility earned an average rating of 4.6 out of five stars based on 54 reviews.[2]

Reviews from two loved ones surveyed by Rehabs.com to date were overwhelmingly positive. Both reviewers awarded four- or five-star ratings across most metrics, including counseling options, staff support, and exercise and leisure activities, among others. One anonymous loved one wrote in a representative review, "My son has found his way back to God."

Brian's Safehouse asks clients to contribute $700 per month for room and board, along with a one-time education fee of $500. The facility does not accept insurance of any kind, according to its website.

[2] https://www.facebook.com/pg/BriansSafehouse/reviews/

Social Media Links
Important Notice

We list thousands of treatment providers throughout the U.S., often including alumni and staff ratings and reviews, and Rehabs.com 360 Guides that provide valuable information for people making difficult decisions. Rehabs.com is not influenced in regards to its ratings or reviews by any treatment center or its sponsors, and we clearly designate advertiser relationships with “Sponsor” or “Ad” or “Advertisement”.

4.9/5
    5/5
    5/5
    4.8/5

• Joe
    This placed saved my life I am truly blessed to have went to Brian safehouse it taught me how to live my life off of drugs it taught me how to love God again it gave me a work ethic that I didn't ever have staff didn't back down.Some of the staff new what addiction was because some of staff was once addicted they feed us real good they treated us like man I truly recamend this place to anyone who needs help with addiction
  • Matt
    Brian's Safehouse played an integral part in changing the trajectory of my life. I was deep into my addiction, having been to several 30-day treatment programs to no avail. As much as I thought there was no way I could surrender a year of my life to get treatment two states away from my home, I now look back at it as the single most important decision I've ever made. A year was nothing in retrospect. Now, through God's grace, I have gained back everything I lost in addiction. I have my family back, my dignity, a great job, and a renewed sense of purpose in my life that far surpasses anything I could've ever imagined just a few years ago. If you or someone you know if struggling with addiction, I highly recommend giving BSH a call.
  • Leslie
    The treatment was given with wisdom, care and compassion. Tailored to deal personally woth my son�s needs, it was highly effective.
  • Jeff
    I�m so grateful to have had the opportunity to come to Brian�s Safehouse and get the help that I received. The staff and all the volunteers loved me and fought for me at a time when I couldn�t love or fight for myself. Being a resident there was a big change for me as the structure was a struggle and accountability was nothing I had ever experienced before. Being apart of a structured program allowed me to focus on doing what I�m suppose to be doing and the accountability helped me stay on track. The curriculum was the best part for me! I was able to learn so much about myself and life struggles through the classes we had in the mornings Monday-Friday. Being able to learn tools and skills that I could apply for solutions to the problems in my life really helped me change the way I live life. I�m able to live life more skillfully by apply these principles to my daily life. I have had long term sobriety since graduating the program with coming up on my 8th year of sobriety. When I surrendered and just allowed people to help me and took my hands out of the process then a great life of recovery was started for me and I�ve been able to build on that foundation and continue to have a sober successful life. The program works if you will work the program!!
  • Steve
    This place saved my life. It showed me where I went wrong in life and gave me the tools to turn my life around and continue in the correct direction. It showed me how to realize I was selfish in my addiction and that I should put others before myself. It also taught me how to be a productive member of society. The staff are amazing and loving but also realistic with their approach to the residents. They will guide you with love and correct you with truth.
    My son has found his way back to God. This is a faith based facility, and can only accommodate 10-12 men at a time. They are currently in the process of building one for women. The founder of this facility had lost a son to addiction.